Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ravenclaw Common Room

Replies

• datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Been doing lots of hiking this weekend. Today was a bit hot for it but I went anyway. Too tired now to write much else..lol.. I hope you all are having a fantastic weekend!

Datenshi
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Hope everyone had a great weekend! I've laid off the running for a few days and my leg is starting to feel better but I still feel twinges every now and then - I'm worried because I don't want to lose the progress I made in the speed class, but I know this isn't going to heal unless I rest it - just not sure how soon I can start back, and how quickly I can pick up the mileage or # of days running. I did pull the class schedules for the gym, and I'm excited about adding in some variety - my goal for the upcoming week is to get in 2 workouts a day.

@korkster - congrats on your event walk! That's awesome!
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 434 Member
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I FINISHED MY EVENT WALK!!! :glasses: :glasses: :glasses:

Went up and over the Coronado Bridge. Very excited. I took a slow pace, took lots of pictures of the city, but I finished within my goal of 2 hours (94 min). And, for fun, I checked my weight after the walk and saw that I'm almost at my goal for the month! Yay!

Have a great day everyone! :flowerforyou:

*CHEERS!* Great job, you! :drinker:
  • kellyisloved
    Wow, so apparently traveling an airports make me want to overindulge like nobody's business. Partially it's because of all the easy access and lack of really good options, but still. There was no need for that white chocolate macadamia nut cookie (except that it was delicious). I did work out a bit in my hotel room, though, and I've promised myself to use the fitness center tomorrow (and the pool - yay!).
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Hmm, not sure what's going on with the threads- we appear to have two going on simultaneously. However, whoop whoop! Rolled over into another thread! Ravenclaws, you rock! So supportive and even when there's not much activity in the common room it's always nice to know people are checking it and responding to everyone's posts. On that note- well done Korkster on your walk, Datenshi I am jealous of your hiking, and Kelly, I always over indulge in airports- good on your for getting some exercise in to counteract it a bit though!!

Don't forget to check in today, I am feeling smug because I lost the weight I gained last week, and a little bit more. Going to try and have an awesome week and get even lower this time. Happy Monday Ravenclaws X
  • rosesquelettique
    rosesquelettique Posts: 38 Member
    Happy Monday Ravenclaws! I'm continuing my 4am silent work out sessions; I'm not sure whether I want this to become a habit or not. It's productive, but it's also rather ridiculous. I have a of work this week (Great for the diet) and a few potential dinner dates (Certified diet ruin-ers). We'll see how it goes. Good luck to everyone of you this week and keep up the amazing work!
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Hey guys, sorry I have been missing in action, I now weigh 45.6 kgs not sure what that is in pounds. :)
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    So... this is the new thread, right?
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,035 Member
    new thread :drinker: we rock!

So I'm thinking about signing up for a Warrior Dash event in August. There is one in NY about 1-1.5 hours away from me. I just don't know if I can do it (self doubt creeping in). It looks like a blast and something that will definately challenge me and push me- but what if I suck and can't do it? Its 3.2 miles so if it was straight running no problem- but there are crazy obstacles like rope climbing, crawling under barbed wire through mud, leaping over fire, jumping over cars, balancing on wood, going through waist high water, etc- basically anything they can throw at you they do. I don't know . . . .

Starting running again this morning- only 3.6 miles today but I felt great and had my best time yet (29:25- so a 8:13 mile). Legs feel . . . okay, not great I still get some twinges in the calf muscles of my "good" leg, but not what I would call pain.
  • korkster
    @momofJandA, that sounds like a BLAST! Who cares if you can't do it all the way? It'll be fun just trying.
  • brittlynn07
    brittlynn07 Posts: 382 Member
    I agree with korkster. At least if you try it, you'll be able to see what you can do.
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    MomOfJandA- DEFINITELY do it! Sounds awesome and think how amazing it'll feel afterwards! I'd be really jealous!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,035 Member
    Good morning Ravenclaws!!!!

no running this morning (raining)- maybe I'll become an every other day runner!
  • kellyisloved
    momofJandA - I say do it! I've got faith in you :) Surprise yourself!

As to everyone else, hope you're having a great week! I'm off to my second day of job shadowing. I bought some food yesterday so that I could eat in my room rather than eating out. Hopefully that'll help curb some of my overeating habits while I'm here. The cravings have been in full swing since I took off. Maybe it has that 'vacation' feel to it,I don't know, but I haven't been doing well.

Definitely going to work out tonight if nothing else, though. :)
  • korkster
    @kelly- good idea on supplying your own food. That'll also help you with the OWLs. :)
  • brittlynn07
    Hey everyone! The common room seems empty today! I keep forgetting about the exercise owl. Maybe I'll remember it for tomorrow.
  • rosesquelettique
    rosesquelettique Posts: 38 Member
    Happy Tuesday everyone! Today has been a fat and lazy day for me :( I promise it won't happen again! Somehow, I am not working tomorrow which means I'll have time for tanning and training! Yay!

@momofJandA-Do it! I just looked it up, and I am seriously considering trying it too. It looks like a ton of fun, and training would be really intense!
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Good evening:)

Hope everyone has a great week. Mine started out crappy, but I am going to turn it all around tomorrow
  • korkster
    Really having trouble getting some good sleep. Maybe I need to exercise more? Not sure. FitBit shows that I'm getting less time in bed, and I'm waking up more.

Hmmm... looks like there's a hip hop class on Thursday nights. Maybe I should change the workouts a bit and re-introduce dance again. Zumba is good, but it'd be fun to have a change.
  • brittlynn07
    Really having trouble getting some good sleep. Maybe I need to exercise more? Not sure. FitBit shows that I'm getting less time in bed, and I'm waking up more.

Hmmm... looks like there's a hip hop class on Thursday nights. Maybe I should change the workouts a bit and re-introduce dance again. Zumba is good, but it'd be fun to have a change.

I took a hip hop class back in the fall and it was so much fun! The only thing is while you're doing it, it doesn't seem as good of a work out as zumba but you'll probably be sore afterwards.