Mission not Impossible

Options
123457»

Replies

• butlera8
    butlera8 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a break today. I'm extremely tired. Hopefully, things will change by tonight and I can find some energy to work out.
    I took the day off yesterday! It was my only day off from work too (worked today and back in tomorrow). Took my 4 yr old to the pool for 4 1/2 hrs and mowed the grass when we got home so I didnt just lay around. But really I think it's ok to take a break sometimes. Listening to your body is a good thing. For me it can be a slippery slope, one day off leads to two, then three... so I HAVE to get back to it today! Hope youre feeling better by tomorrow :-)

Thanks! I do feel better today and I just finished day 4 of level 2.
  • beachlover718
    Options
    I'm taking a break today. I'm extremely tired. Hopefully, things will change by tonight and I can find some energy to work out.
    I took the day off yesterday! It was my only day off from work too (worked today and back in tomorrow). Took my 4 yr old to the pool for 4 1/2 hrs and mowed the grass when we got home so I didnt just lay around. But really I think it's ok to take a break sometimes. Listening to your body is a good thing. For me it can be a slippery slope, one day off leads to two, then three... so I HAVE to get back to it today! Hope youre feeling better by tomorrow :-)

Glad to hear it! I'm taking another day off, not feeling well, skipping my friend's cookout :sad: hopefully I'm back to normal tomorrow
  • butlera8
    Options

Glad to hear it! I'm taking another day off, not feeling well, skipping my friend's cookout :sad: hopefully I'm back to normal tomorrow

Oh no! I hope you're feeling better today!
  • chichi128
    chichi128 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i'm so happy im not alone with taking a day or 2 off!! i Started level 2 on saturday and all i can say is i am afraid of what level 3 is going to bring!!! i would agree that i dont think the same amount of calories are bing burned in level 1 because i never sweat like that in my life. i did end up taking sunday and monday off..sunday i took a long walk with a couple of hills but monday i just had no motivation at all and had a little pity party for myself! i think i made a mistake when i jumped on the scale and didnt even lose a pound!! i feel like i worked so hard during level one and only took one day off during those 10 days!! but if im being honest i wasnt has strict as i should have been with my dieting and what i was eating so i'm hoping level 2 will bring some results..i'm going to push myself for the last 20 or so days of the shred. tonight will be day 2 of level 2 and im looking forward to the sweat! lol
  • butlera8
    Options
    i'm so happy im not alone with taking a day or 2 off!! i Started level 2 on saturday and all i can say is i am afraid of what level 3 is going to bring!!! i would agree that i dont think the same amount of calories are bing burned in level 1 because i never sweat like that in my life. i did end up taking sunday and monday off..sunday i took a long walk with a couple of hills but monday i just had no motivation at all and had a little pity party for myself! i think i made a mistake when i jumped on the scale and didnt even lose a pound!! i feel like i worked so hard during level one and only took one day off during those 10 days!! but if im being honest i wasnt has strict as i should have been with my dieting and what i was eating so i'm hoping level 2 will bring some results..i'm going to push myself for the last 20 or so days of the shred. tonight will be day 2 of level 2 and im looking forward to the sweat! lol

Good luck with it! Ibe lost 2lb, but I feel like I've gained actually. My measurements are changing like I had hoped.
  • butlera8
    Options
    I just finished day 5 of level 2. I'm hoping I can finish the 30 days as I have military duty for the next 2 weeks. Hopefully, I'll be able to find time to finish.
  • mamabird07
    mamabird07 Posts: 18
    Options
    It is hard for me to find motivation with the humidity. I skipped a day yesterday and thought that I was making some good food choices until I logged them in at the end of the day. I found my motivation for this morning. So I began today with jillian's workout.
  • mamabird07
    Options
    This sounds silly, but this am there was an airconditioner box in the living room where I usually do my workout so I went walking outside this am and jogged too. I will do level 2 this afternoon. Just want to share my experience before Jillian and what it is like for me to run again starting today. Last year I began running and ran my first 5k. Due to stress, my mom and husband becoming ill, my love for cooking and eating, I began gaining weight in the fall. By this spring I had packed on 10 plus pounds. Running was uncomfortable and I began having problems with my feet hurting whenever I ran no matter how long I ran for. I took the winter off from running and tried running this spring at my highest weight ever. My feet hurt so bad and I was just not comfortable at all running. So that is when I began 30 day shred. Today I wasn't uncomfortable running at all. My running clothes fit again. And there is very little almost no foot pain. I only ran intervals, but I put all my effort into each one and kept good form. I weighed myself again afterwards and I dropped another couple of pounds. I didn't do the 30 day shred this am, but I will today. It has really been working for me. My next question is what to do next. I may begin running again and training for a 5k. I may also rotate some workouts that are on demand on tv. I may try another Jillian workout. Has anyone thought about what to do next? :)
  • chichi128
    Options
    This sounds silly, but this am there was an airconditioner box in the living room where I usually do my workout so I went walking outside this am and jogged too. I will do level 2 this afternoon. Just want to share my experience before Jillian and what it is like for me to run again starting today. Last year I began running and ran my first 5k. Due to stress, my mom and husband becoming ill, my love for cooking and eating, I began gaining weight in the fall. By this spring I had packed on 10 plus pounds. Running was uncomfortable and I began having problems with my feet hurting whenever I ran no matter how long I ran for. I took the winter off from running and tried running this spring at my highest weight ever. My feet hurt so bad and I was just not comfortable at all running. So that is when I began 30 day shred. Today I wasn't uncomfortable running at all. My running clothes fit again. And there is very little almost no foot pain. I only ran intervals, but I put all my effort into each one and kept good form. I weighed myself again afterwards and I dropped another couple of pounds. I didn't do the 30 day shred this am, but I will today. It has really been working for me. My next question is what to do next. I may begin running again and training for a 5k. I may also rotate some workouts that are on demand on tv. I may try another Jillian workout. Has anyone thought about what to do next? :)

The most important thing is you made the effort to continue each time and you got out and did something!! i just took the last 3 days off but i found the motivation to get up early this am and complete my second day of level 2. the feeling i get when i finish the workout is awesome..and i definitely notice a big difference in my mood when i do and dont workout.

i've never ran a day in my life but have always wanted to. i would love to join you in trying to train for a 5k!! i always hear about that couch to 5k and would definitely be willing to try it. were you going to wait until after the shred to do it or try to incorporate it?
  • mamabird07
    Options
    Last year I successfully did the couch to 5k program. It felt so good. I ran 2 5k runs last fall. I plan on starting the couch to 5k program again after the 30 DS. Maybe we could start a group. :) The best part about the program is that it stretches the training out so it starts easy and progresses nicely.
  • chichi128
    Options
    day 3 level 2 done

i have to say i havent gotten sore from level 2 the way i did from level 1. the only thing on me that is a little sore is my shoulders but its not even that bad.

Also it could just be that im getting used to the cardio and building my strength up but i noticed im not out of breath nearly as bad as i was on level 1....sweating more for sure out of breath not so much lol its a trade off i guess!
  • butlera8
    Options
    I took another day off yesterday, but I got back on it this morning to finish day 5 of level 2.
  • Texmom_2003
    Texmom_2003 Posts: 79
    Options
    I had ankle sprain and pain, still going on so had to stop for 4 consecutive days to help subside the pain. Now I am back. feel better.
  • chichi128
    Options
    I had ankle sprain and pain, still going on so had to stop for 4 consecutive days to help subside the pain. Now I am back. feel better.

welcome back!!! hope you feel better!
  • chichi128
    Options
    Day 4 or 5..im losing track lol level 2 done

i definitely spoke too soon on feeling sore..

hope everyone has a good weekend!
  • butlera8
    Options
    Day 6 of level 2 done! Almost finished!
  • chichi128
    Options
    this was the first weekend during the 30ds challenge that i actually did it both days!! My goal for the rest of the time is not to take anymore days off. i believe im on day 7 of level 2..have to double check that though but i think im going to do level 2 for a few extra days seeing as how i missed 3 days last weekend and to be honest i'm a little afraid of level 3 lol

is anyone on level 3 yet?? if so is it more intense than level 2??
  • chichi128
    Options
    hows everyone doing?!?!
  • Texmom_2003
    Options
    Any major change with 30DS ?