How tall are you?

Options

Replies

• ColleenPosley
    Options
    My name is Colleen and I'm 6'1" in my bare feet. Standard walking shoes put me just over 6'2" The last time I wore heels was for a job interview at which the 5'6" interviewer got a neck crick from looking up at me.

No one believes I'm as heavy as I am because I'm so tall. Which I guess is nice, but I still have a 36" inseam. And WTH is up with fashion? A "tall" inseam is 32"?!? I'm ridin hi-waters here, people! Stop hemming the trousers! I'll buy what fits and hem 'em myself!
  • slenderwoman
    slenderwoman Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Seems like I have everyone beat here so far. 6'4" tall here and no I do not wear heels!! Takes waaaayyyy to much coordination!!
  • ILoveBrownies2
    ILoveBrownies2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    5'10.5" Exactly. Every time.

I've had plenty of dudes that think they're the same height as me, or taller, tell me that I'm not 5'10 because they're shorter me. I'm like, "No....You're just not as tall as you thought you were." :laugh:
  • bunnyfufu2012
    Options
    6'1" on a good day 6ft normally.

Im 380 pounds
    goal weight about 160

:embarassed:
  • love4ransom
    love4ransom Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and 3/4ths. I'm right there at 6ft. If I wasn't this tall, I'd look so much bigger, so my height helps me hide my weight.
  • beije24
    beije24 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10, same height as my boyfriend, but I wear heels anyway. I adore being tall

I am 5'10 and my hubby's only an inch taller. He doesn't like being shorter than me so I don't wear heels as much as I'd like to :(
  • peytonturk
    peytonturk Posts: 49
    Options
    6' tall.. hubby is 5'9" and totally loves to 'climb me like a tree'... ;) and Hi! (New to group!)
  • layapooh15
    layapooh15 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10!!
  • ChrissyRMiller
    ChrissyRMiller Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My name is Colleen and I'm 6'1" in my bare feet. Standard walking shoes put me just over 6'2" The last time I wore heels was for a job interview at which the 5'6" interviewer got a neck crick from looking up at me.

No one believes I'm as heavy as I am because I'm so tall. Which I guess is nice, but I still have a 36" inseam. And WTH is up with fashion? A "tall" inseam is 32"?!? I'm ridin hi-waters here, people! Stop hemming the trousers! I'll buy what fits and hem 'em myself!

Try fashion bug. I have a 34" inseam and fashionbug.com has the right size style of jeans with a 34" inseam. When I'm thin I like to order my pants from gap (has 34' and 36" inseam) or old navy, but I can't do that right now because they don't carry my size.
  • bazaar1982
    bazaar1982 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 foot. Like being tall &thin, not so much tall and fat :(

Used to wear heels but my clumpy ankles/candles stop that........but hey 9lbs down.....
  • bazaar1982
    bazaar1982 Posts: 159 Member
    Options

I've got a 36" inside leg too. Up until a few years ago I couldn't get trousers at all, unless I wore men's jeans. Now top shop and Dorothy Perkins do 'tall', which just make it!! I did find American eagle jeans fit - I had to ship them over to the uk!
  • daisysha
    daisysha Posts: 7
    Options
    5.8'' never wore heels,blessed with height naturally making majority of the people around me feel like dwarfs .
  • Brandification
    Brandification Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    No one believes I'm as heavy as I am because I'm so tall.

Same here! I'm 6'1, so I guess the height fools people! :)
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I'm 6' even without shoes.
  • carlywifeybrown
    carlywifeybrown Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 6ft and used to be extremely conscious of my height, I would NEVER wear anything close to a heel, but I would also never stoop to make myself look shorter.

I have found that coming from a small UK town where most people are short, you get a lot of attention (mostly unwanted) from people, or you get the "how's the weather up there" or "are you a basketball player" comments. I love it when I travel up to London or down to Brighton where there are loads of tall stunning women and I fit right in and no-one gawps or stares.

6ft tall isn't huge, but for a woman from a small town you do feel as though you are the only one! I am much for confident about it now and have recently bought a number of pairs of heeled shoes, the highest being 3inches, so that makes my 6ft 3. I wore them to a company awards ceremony and actually enjoyed people staring for once, I just pushed my shoulders back, sucked in my belly and walked tall and proud. I now am beginning to feel grateful for the way I look - maybe this is an age thing, as you get older you start to feel more comfortable in your own skin and realise that we're beautiful just the way we are. My fiance is 5ft 11 so is a touch shorter than me, but I don't care - in fact he loves it when I wear heels!
  • RJeanVan
    RJeanVan Posts: 5
    Options
    5'9" here never wear heels though maybe I'll try when my weight is down to my target level.
  • luvinmefirst
    luvinmefirst Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    5'11''
  • evlipford
    evlipford Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    5'8 pushing 5'9 and i love love love heels, ive gotten used to my height and I love the attention :)
  • chukwuwally
    chukwuwally Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 10" and I wear heels when going for special occassions like weddings or when I'm going to the club. I love it cos I feel empowered whenever I throw on a pair. I. Usually wear heels 4 - 5" +. It's fun
  • nogoldilocs
    nogoldilocs Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' 1 1/2", and yes, I'm proudly owning that 1/2 inch!