Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ravenclaw Common Room

Replies

• azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Hey Ravenclaw! Seems like stress is the common theme for all of us this week - good to know I'm not alone! My workload has been horrendous this week. My coworkers are all smiling and saying "so glad its the weekend" and all I can think is "I have too much work left to do - it can't possibly be the weekend!"

Lottee - so sorry to hear about your Grandad. I went home to see my dad a week ago and feel so bad that I couldn't stay longer. He, like your Grandad, doesn't know I'm not there, but I do. It is tough watching the ones we love grow old...
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,035 Member
    rain rain go away . . . it has rained here every day for over a week- not constant but at least 1 big thunderstorm usually in the afternoon. Today it has been a dizzle all day- my kids and I are not made to stay in doors this much! Over on calories and under on exercise today :sad: Tomorrow will be better- I promise
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 434 Member
    @ Lottee - Definitely sorry to hear about your grandfather and the stress that is coming along with it. I hope you get some rest in between and take care of yourself as well.

@ Azsuzi - Thank you for the offer of help. It's very likely I might take you up on that sometime. :)

As for my regular post, I was not well behaved this week on my goals, so I slipped up a bit on my weight. I'll get back on it, and I'm proud of myself for not going too crazy still and for not feeling the temptation to give up entirely, but I really don't want to lose my progress. Thanks for being here so that I can feel assured someone will notice if I do!
  • azsuzi
    As for my regular post, I was not well behaved this week on my goals, so I slipped up a bit on my weight. I'll get back on it, and I'm proud of myself for not going too crazy still and for not feeling the temptation to give up entirely, but I really don't want to lose my progress. Thanks for being here so that I can feel assured someone will notice if I do!
    @Kelly - that's what we're here for! :wink:

Had a busy day of homework, but now I'm settling down for a little reading. Hope you all had a great Saturday!
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    I am still at 45.6 Kgs soo 100.5 Ibs. :) Have been away for a while.. :)
  • rosesquelettique
    rosesquelettique Posts: 38 Member
    I think the internet has been eating my posts. I could have sworn I posted at least twice since Wednesday...I know I wrote out multiple posts since then...maybe I just didn't hit that little green button...oops. Well, this week was also an oops. I had a couple of really really great days, and then I fell apart. Typical. Not going to happen again. No way José. I'm going to get my *kitten* out of the house and to the gym. Good luck this week everyone!
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Good morning Ravenclaws! A new week, a new start! I am going to be better at logging and posting this week, that's my goal to myself. And I must remember to stretch!

Good news is I ran my first 10k yesterday. Actually it was 10.5k, which is harsh, adding on 500m seems like a timy amount, it felt like loads!! Anyway, it was a great race, and it was on Phuket, which is beautiful Thai island. It was as the sun came up, with the mist over the rainfirest and along the beach, I spent most of it gawping at the landscape, and then realising I had to concentrate on running, not sight-seeing! I did it in 1.14, which I'm proud of, was aiming for under 1.20 and feel like I smashed that! Very positive start to the week, though then I jumped on the scales this morning and I gained, boo. I was expecting it after my torrid week last week, but still :-(

Have a good day Ravenclaws!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Evening Ravenclaws!

Very quick hi - have spent the weekend de-junking my apartment and packing - can I just say I hate moving?? I'm swamped with work deadlines that I'm behind on too, probably should get off MFP and get to work on them, LOL

@lottee - congrats on your 10K - that's a great time!
  • rosesquelettique
    rosesquelettique Posts: 38 Member
    Happy Monday Ravenclaw! Back to work and eating right!

@lottee1000--Congrats on your 10+.5K! The route sounds absolutely beautiful; I think I would have completely forgotten about running. :)

Good luck everyone!
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Hello fellow Ravenclaws!

Saturday was busy all day with cadet stuff. After the ceremony there were finger foods and refreshments. I didn't eat great, not horrible either and stayed within my calories but I had some of the two-bite brownies and mini cream puffs for dessert. Yumtastic! Yesterday I decided to catch up on the sleep I missed most of last week so I spent the day in bed and didn't really each much.

Today is a new day and I am eating properly. If it doesn't rain, I might even get in a hike after work.

Have a great week every one! :flowerforyou:

Datenshi
  • momofJandA
    Good morning Ravenclaws!
    Tough week ahead for me . . . . found out that a very close family friens committed suicide Sunday night . . . so it will be an emotional week with numerous get togethers involving many people that I haven't seen in months or even years. As an emotional and social eater its going to be hell (not to mention that fact that I have to say goodbye to someone I've known since before I was born!)

I am going to start zig zagging my calories this week. We'll see how that goes. I am also going to try try try to banish the diet soda habit (the whole sado habit actually). Might not be the best week to under take that goal though. One day at a time.

Ran a personal best for my 6 mile run this morning (49:33). Something about running that clears the mind

exercise.png
  • azsuzi
    Happy Monday Ravenclaw! The weekend zoomed by much too fast and I got much too little accomplished. Back at work now with loads of to-do's on my desk. Classes have started for the summer too, so my time is at a premium again. Just need to stay focused!

momofJandA - so sorry to hear about your friend. My brother committed suicide a couple of years ago and I still really miss him. Like you said - one day at a time. That's the only way to get through it. :heart:
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Hello. Has it been that long? Seven days? Really?? :noway:

I've been busy, and not feeling well. On top of the partying I did early June, I also didn't wear any sunscreen, so I've been dealing with blisters and a fever for a while. Luckily those are diminishing, so I feel a bit more myself.

And, my scale lied to me. It told me I only gained a pound, but later that week I was up 4 pounds. Which couldn't be because I was behaving so well. And, after all of that, I am down from where I started, so what a roller coaster it's been.

I'm currently down to 274.8. And, although I didn't see it in the Hogwart's Challenges, I thought I said my goal for June was 265- unrealistic but one I want to shoot for anyway. I thought about changing it to something more attainable, but I like the drive.

Walking has been going well. Even with the sunburn I walked. Yesterday I climbed a mountain that's 2 miles up. Very intense, but I made it, so I was happy.

Will try to keep up on the posts. Have a great day everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • desertlyzard
    desertlyzard Posts: 48 Member
    focus... I keep telling myself its the little things that matter to add up the changes but I'm really struggling with focus right now, so would love to hear what you have done to regain focus.

Great job to our runners who are consistently pushing themselves! its really inspiring to read about your successes.
  • desertlyzard
    desertlyzard Posts: 48 Member
    Good morning Ravenclaws!
    say goodbye to someone I've known since before I was born!)

I am going to start zig zagging my calories this week. We'll see how that goes. I am also going to try try try to banish the diet soda habit (the whole sado habit actually). Might not be the best week to under take that goal though. One day at a time.

Hi,
    Can you explain what you mean by zig zagging your calories? I'm not sure what that means. Good luck with the soda banning. I have tried that with short periods of success and always feel better overall when I do.

Hope despite the tragedy, you and your family and friends can find reasons to celebrate life.
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Ravenclaws! Hope the start of the week is going well, I am mainly tired tiday, after going to bed at 9pm, getting up at 11 to watch the football, then going back to bed at 2.30 am, before my normal wake-up at 6am. Football in a different timezone is tricky! Today I am going to have dinner with a great friend who is going on holiday for three weeks tomorrow. By the time he gets back, I will have left Thailand forever! Sad, and scary how fast my last few weeks here are going!!!

MomOfJandA- so sorry to hear about that, not much I can say that's helpful but stay strong!

Korkster- sounds like you're on track for a good week, keep it up! And I always set aspirational targets which I don't meet, I like having something to aim for...

desertlyzard- when I lose focus I just concentrate on small but good decisions. So rather than thinking 'right, this week I am going to eat perfectly and exercise every day', I go small scale. 'right, I'm going to have a healthy breakfast'. Then a bit later, 'as I'm hungry, I'll have fruit rather than biscuits'... I find if I take it one decision at a time then I do better, and if I slip up then I get straight back on track. Whereas if I am focussing long-term, and I slip up, then i tend to throw the whole week away because I've already ruined it. Does that make sense?
    As for zigzagging calories, search the forum for it, or search for calorie cycling- they're the same things and loads of info on it in other threads.
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    I don't know why I am so screwed up this week with challenges and weigh ins. I usually weigh in on mondays, but because the 1st fell on a friday is that why we are weighing in on fridays?

Hope everyone is having a great week so far.
    TG
  • momofJandA
    Good morning Ravenclaws!
    say goodbye to someone I've known since before I was born!)

Hi,
    Can you explain what you mean by zig zagging your calories? I'm not sure what that means. Good luck with the soda banning. I have tried that with short periods of success and always feel better overall when I do.

Hope despite the tragedy, you and your family and friends can find reasons to celebrate life.

Basically I will have a different amount of calories each day. I took my weekly calorie goal (9450) and split them unevenly throughout the week. Some days I am low (1075 + exercise) and some days I am high (1445 +exercise). The goal is to keep my body confused and my metabolism burning. If my body thinks it is going to get 1445 calories and only gets 1075 then it burns through them instead of holding on to them. I am sure this is not the best explanation . . .
    this is the website I used to figure out my daily calorie goals: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Happy Tuesday Ravenclaws!

It rained yesterday as soon as I finished work so I didn't get to hike. Tonight is cheap night at the movies so I am taking my son to see Madagascar 3. Tomorrow is the last official night of air cadets until September although staff may have a few meetings over the summer for planning.

I modified my profile to set some targets since that seems to keep me motivated. Originally I projected I would reach 199 lbs on New Years Day but at the rate I am currently losing I am ahead of schedule so I adjusted. Although as I lose weight I know it will come off slower so I adjusted for that as well. I am so excited and proud at how well I am doing. I should reach my goal weight in time for my friend's wedding next June. Woot!

I hope you are all having a good week and the rest is even better! :flowerforyou:

Datenshi
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 434 Member
    Quick question-

This has been posed elsewhere before, but I'd like to get your thoughts since it's been suggested again. How would everyone here feel about having challenges posted out for all of the houses rather than having challenges determined by house?

To explain, we would have a post that contained the challenges for the month and all of the Hogwarts group would be going by those same challenges rather than creating our own within Ravenclaw. One benefit I could see is that we could compete somewhat on those challenges the same way we do for the weight loss and house points and possibly be more involved as an entire school rather than just in our house. One drawback is that we wouldn't have as much input on the kinds of challenges that are posted.

Thoughts?