Metabolism Reset - Eating at TDEE Support Thread

Options

Replies

• crystalwelshroberts
    crystalwelshroberts Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am doing 10 weeks. Not only have I been doing VLCD for like ever, but the 8-week point would have hit at the same time as our big summer vacation. That is not the time to cut, LOL!

so funny, my timing also conveniently fits our July vacation :)
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I am doing 10 weeks. Not only have I been doing VLCD for like ever, but the 8-week point would have hit at the same time as our big summer vacation. That is not the time to cut, LOL!

so funny, my timing also conveniently fits our July vacation :)

I'm kind of hoping tha a cut + post-vacation detox will yield me a nice reward on the scale. I haven't gained a ton on the reset, but enough that I am anxious to see it go back down.

August 1 seems so far away! This is all worth it, but mentally some days are harder than others.
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Raaaaawwwwwwrrrrr!!!! So stinking hungry! Talk about waking the beast!!!! Sorry just needed to vent.
  • Meaganandcheese
    Options
    Raaaaawwwwwwrrrrr!!!! So stinking hungry! Talk about waking the beast!!!! Sorry just needed to vent.

Is it time for a snack? :drinker:
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options

I've been eating nonstop today. The only reason I'm not eating right now is because I have to wait a half an hour after taking my thyroid meds to resume eating!
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options

lol! I hear ya! I was like that yesterday....but it seems a bit better today. (I say a bit, because I wouldn't say it's tame yet! haha!) Good luck roping that beast!
  • Meaganandcheese
    Options
    It's been such a busy day, and I'm still feeling sick, so I've hardly eaten anything in my plan today. Dinner will be interesting.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options

Those crazy vacations can mess with our plans eh? I start my cut the week before my vacation...argh. But, for me there's a couple of factors that work in my favor...one, I'm in control of my food still since we're camping, and two, I'll be hiking a LOT so the bump in cardio at that time will be better than now when I'm in my reset and trying to put on muscle.

Good morning ladies...day 20 for me. Not gaining, not losing. So far I'm only up 3 lbs and in general I feel great. Not looking forward to cutting, I love the food! My original plan was 6 Weeks. Not sure yet how long I'll stick this out. I do feel like its a roller disaster though. Yesterday my energy was returning and appetite was normalizing. Today I'm hungry and feel totally tired and drained.

Ugh...I agree...Until today I have had some ups and downs but was loving all the positives so much I was ready to go for more! I feel so .....large today that it makes me not like it and that is a first! And that makes me so sad, so far EM2WL has made me so happy!
    Plus I am still struggling with getting a good macros balance and while I finally got my protein up there and so far my carbs are not over, my sodium is insane which is rarely ever an issue for me! Grrrrrrr....I just keep blaming it all on TOM and hoping in the next few days I get back to that happy place!!

Plus cutting back on cardio and slowing down some makes me feel lazy. Today is my run day though so I am hoping that will help.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Well today tom started and I don't have the normal bloat..yay. the cool thing though I put on a dress that at maybe 3lbs higher fit just right...well put it on today and it is HUGE....yay.

I am so happy I finally decided to up to tdee...I'm seeing such a huge difference in body fat. Will take new pics soon.
  • mickeyluvchocolat
    Options
    Hi!! Mostly not active in here , sorry guys!

Having trouble this week!!!! I know it's not a good way to lose to go under but it's soooo easy like that..... I am getting crazy to see my weight up and down since 7 weeks.... always the same 2 pounds... grrrrrrr I won't do it, just dreaming of losing fast and feel good....but I know......

So far I have really lost 4 pounds! since mars 31st.

I'm in my 7th week of EM2WL, but I did stop exercicing 4 weeks ago.... because I just can't eat all those calories! How can you put in 3000-3500 cals / day with healthy eating???????? I can't afford to buy what I did at first as greek yogourt, nuts,..... no money here for now....

While i'm wrinting to you.... I just realize that..... I stop training... so I probably eat too much!!!!
    ..... no I recalculate and i'm ok with my TDEE -15% because I rarely reach my daily goal....

So what should I do???? I need to see changes !! ok I went from 22 jeans to 20!! I'm happy :)

I will try to get back on track with exercing but don't know how I will get to eat all that!

thanks for your support!
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Well I made it through the day but it was not pretty. Wayyyyy over my TDEE, but oh well. Tomorrows a new day, chance to do it right!!
    I've got to get my macros back under control, plan my meals ahead, and stop with all the treats, goodness!!!!
    Any one else struggle here?
  • naonah
    naonah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Been slowly increasing cals since March. Now in my week 5 of resetting. I've put on close to 10 pounds since March. I usually gain 3 lbs in the first week of upping and then maintained until the next increase. Been stable for a few weeks now.

I got past the bloated feeling, found more happiness and energy, feel warmer, can focus and sleep better...but my clothes don't fit! :grumble: And I'm retaining lots of water (I struggle to get just 8 glasses in):ohwell: . I've gotten so used to eating 2100 cals that I will miss it when I cut. I too will only cut 10% at first. I will be getting more serious about my workouts too (will attempt lifting weights).
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    It's day 8 for me and I realized yet again today with factoring in my workout I only netted my BMR not my TDEE. Is that good enough or is it important to reach TDEE or just not count my exercise calories maybe?
    My BMR is 1799 TDEE 2158. Today I had 2125 calories from food but burned around 300 working out so MFP says I netted 1879.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    It's day 8 for me and I realized yet again today with factoring in my workout I only netted my BMR not my TDEE. Is that good enough or is it important to reach TDEE or just not count my exercise calories maybe?
    My BMR is 1799 TDEE 2158. Today I had 2125 calories from food but burned around 300 working out so MFP says I netted 1879.

I you calculated your TDEE on the scooby site, then the exercise calories are already factored into your TDEE. You should only eat more if your NET is below your BMR (big calorie burn form exercise), then eat enough to meet your BMR.
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    Options
    Okay, resetters. I'm feeling a little bit better today about resetting than I was yesterday. Yesterday was a tough day mentally!

Raynn1, thanks so much for your response to my post yesterday. It really helped me.:flowerforyou:

I'm curious, What do you all think of doing 8 weeks reset vs. 4 weeks vs. 6 wks vs. 10 weeks, etc.? Is 8 weeks really the magic number? What do you think it's based on?

I'd love to hear an answer on that. It's hard for me to know what the right amount for me is going to be.

From what I've been able to ascertain, 8 weeks is the recommended amount. It seems to be the average time it takes for people to really settle into their new groove/metabolism level. I think that once you start going less than 8 weeks, you really are just taking the chance that your metabolism is ready/repaired and if you haven't had much low cal dieting before the reset, that might be all you need. (might being the operative word). However, after 8 weeks, I'm assuming the resulting success is much more reliable although some may need a little longer if the damage is sever. Kiki herself actually did 3 months. I personally have been raising calories now for a total of 10 weeks and doing the reset for 3 of those and I'm only now just seeing signs that my metabolism is speeding up.

Thanks. I'm going to try hard to stick it out until 8 weeks. I might need some prodding to do so...lol! I do feel like I'm having signs of my metabolism speeding up - seems similar to when I first upped from the MFP number to my cut number. Now I'm feeling the black hunger again. I just couldn't stop eating yesterday. My hubby said to me at one point - "Are you eating again??" Hahahaha. I ended up going over TDEE yesterday, but for some reason I really feel like I needed it!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    Options
    Been slowly increasing cals since March. Now in my week 5 of resetting. I've put on close to 10 pounds since March. I usually gain 3 lbs in the first week of upping and then maintained until the next increase. Been stable for a few weeks now.

I got past the bloated feeling, found more happiness and energy, feel warmer, can focus and sleep better...but my clothes don't fit! :grumble: And I'm retaining lots of water (I struggle to get just 8 glasses in):ohwell: . I've gotten so used to eating 2100 cals that I will miss it when I cut. I too will only cut 10% at first. I will be getting more serious about my workouts too (will attempt lifting weights).

I think this is a great update - the happiness, energy, better sleep, etc...It's amazing how many of us have issues such as those that magically disappeared when we started eating more!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    Options
    Well I made it through the day but it was not pretty. Wayyyyy over my TDEE, but oh well. Tomorrows a new day, chance to do it right!!
    I've got to get my macros back under control, plan my meals ahead, and stop with all the treats, goodness!!!!
    Any one else struggle here?

I was also way over yesterday. Some days are just like that I guess. Let's just get back to it! You are not alone in your struggles!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Week 2 over and a 1.6 gain on the scale. AF is headed out the window, there I know there is a bit of a gain from her... so even so, I think its almost safe to say I found my TDEE, and I will hold here for another week and see what happens. I dont think I will do 8 weeks. I will hit 4 and reevaluate...
    Still no inches lost on the tape measure..
  • Rebekah2918
    Rebekah2918 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Middle of week 3 for me! So far I have bounced between 166 and 168 the whole time. Is it possible that I found maintenance that quickly? It is nice to know that this is what I will be eating once the weight is gone!
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Week 8 *almost* over! Starting my 15% cut on Monday, June 18. CanNOT wait. Up a total of 23 pounds as of yesterday morning. Interestingly, I was so hungry yesterday evening and went over my TDEE by a LOT ... and my jeans fit this a.m.! My weekend was super active, so I am hoping that was just everything there catching up with me. I'm drinking tons of water, working on getting my sodium levels down and I've got my meals planned for next week already. I'll be over carbs by 1, over protein by 16, under fat by 4, under fiber by 9 and over sodium by 396. Crossing my fingers that I'll have some kind of drop next week - even if it's just water and bloat!