What "type" do you attract?

Options

Replies

• will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I like to think that every single woman I meet is attracted to me! I clearly have no self esteem issues!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Holy hell; what a thread.

I seem to attract knights in shining armor with lots of skeletons in the closet who tend to confess their sins to me at inappropriate times. I was starting to feel like a chick version of Jesus for a while, but now I just ignore them. This is progress.

i used to get this as well. the freakiest was a guy i dated who lived in my apartment building. 1 months after we got serious, he admitted that he had seen me way before we met and he had even broke into my apartment a few times and hung out. i lived on the top floor and never locked my windows because i figured who could get in? turns out dude was going up to the roof then swinging in like freaking spider man :noway:

and i should have known something was up because the first time (i thought the first time) he came to my apartment my cat who was normally very shy with new people was all over him like she knew him..

needless to say i broke the hell up with him and made sure to lock my windows whenever i left.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    he admitted that he had seen me way before we met and he had even broke into my apartment a few times and hung out.

Whhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!! :noway: :noway: :noway:

That would FREAK me out!!

Was he just a loon?? Or eccentric ? Or what?? :laugh: I can't even believe he told you....:noway:
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    losers!! :laugh:

yep me too. Usually clingy guys who need a momma not a gf.
  • will010574
    Options
    Unfortunately I have not been attracting hot kinky women who have jobs brains a love for fitness and live within 50 ish miles. Well since I am so full of myself I choose to believe I have been attracting them, they are just too overwhelmed with all that is me to approach me!
  • RunningDirty
    RunningDirty Posts: 293
    Options
    turns out dude was going up to the roof then swinging in like freaking spider man :noway:

and i should have known something was up because the first time (i thought the first time) he came to my apartment my cat who was normally very shy with new people was all over him like she knew him..

needless to say i broke the hell up with him and made sure to lock my windows whenever i left.

WTF!!! What did he do to your cat to make it be friendly is more of a concern. This is why I have a dog. Cats cannot be trusted. As for the crazy guy: Dead bolt, restraining order, or a I know some guys...
  • will010574
    Options
    turns out dude was going up to the roof then swinging in like freaking spider man :noway:

WTF!!! What did he do to your cat to make it be friendly is more of a concern. This is why I have a dog. Cats cannot be trusted. As for the crazy guy: Dead bolt, restraining order, or a I know some guys...

I'm the guy she knows! Want me to throw a beat down to your crazy guy? Or maybe shave the cat for consorting with the freaks?
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

my cat responds to FOOD :laugh: so he must have been feeding her good stuff. that guy was the final straw in a long line of stalkerish type guys i had been attracting

oh and he told me because we doing confession stuff. i confessed to him that i knew i'd have sex with him the moment i saw and then he confessed to having hung out watched cable and played video games at my apartment before i even met him :sad:
  • MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    If I went off of who bought me drinks the last few weekends while I was out, the type I would attract would be Vietnam Veterans in their late 60s/early 70s! HAHAHAHAHHAAHHA! Shameless flirts, but with some pretty awesome stories to tell with few people willing to listen.

Other than that, I don't know who I attract...I guess maybe guys who don't really know what they want and maybe have some growing up to do.

last one (2012): have known for over 4 years, he's also military (stationed overseas) and friendship grew into feelings...and then his ex came back in the picture. She cheated on him after being together for a year. He deserves better than her, but I can't make him see that and I'm not going to hang around like a lost puppy waiting for him to get his head on straight...still really hurts my heart.

one before that (2011): neighbor's best friend, a few years younger than me. He wasn't what I thought my 'type' was...he was a bit more sensitive and I thought "well, my 'type' isn't working, so let me try something else. What a mess...clingy, intimidated by my independence, said that I flaunt my money (even though my money is what paid for my plane tickets to see him after he moved?) and he said I didn't know how to communicate well, which I think boiled down to him saying that when I didn't give him an answer that he liked

one before THAT (2010): best friend's little brother (also my boyfriend from jr high...hahah), so someone I had known for over half of my life, but he lived in MN. When I was home in 2009, he was very interested but I was wary of distance and thought his interest would fade, but he kept in contact and brought up being together when I was home the following year. I decide to give it a shot and things were going great. We talked all the time and he even started looking at jobs down in GA and was planning a trip down here to go to a military function and maybe talk to some potential employers. I had used airline miles to get the ticket.
    He
    never
    got
    on
    the
    plane

Haven't talked to him since...still no idea what happened, but according to his sister he's getting married this fall. Good luck, buddy.

After writing this, I guess the ones that I attract are those who either don't live here or have the potential of moving away...and can't commit, obviously.

I feel like I've lived here long enough that I've vetted the locals I'd be interested in/they were interested in me and it didn't work
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    hmmm. i wish i knew.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options

Me too. And Charlie Manson guys. I'm a big hit with them. Pretty much why I've given up dating.
  • tom1834
    tom1834 Posts: 34
    Options
    I keep attracting gals that should on Jerry Springer.
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I keep attracting Mr. Wrong. When is Mr. Right going to pop in??
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Ahem..
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options

And not to equate the next batch of people I attract with that - I tend to attract a lot of black guys too, as another poster stated. I only like white guys. :( usually losers and people I'm no way physically attracted to.
  • GabriellaMaria
    GabriellaMaria Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    yes you do!! cos u r a gent, ((hugs)):smile: ...
  • GabriellaMaria
    Options
    Obviously the wrong ones.
    ditto!!:laugh:
  • GabriellaMaria
    Options
    I like to think that every single woman I meet is attracted to me! I clearly have no self esteem issues!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :love: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • GabriellaMaria
    Options
    I keep attracting Mr. Wrong. When is Mr. Right going to pop in??
    send me one please!!
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Well, I think you attract mostly who you are, in a way... :wink: Yeah, this doesn't sound good for all the people who said "losers" before me.

Don't expect much more from a man/woman that what you have to offer... Why? It's because one (mostly) meets people in their social/professional circles, so where and with who one hangs out determines who one meets (although online dating is changing this... maybe).