Crock pot Recipes

Options

Replies

• cheetosandburritos
    cheetosandburritos Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The salsa chicken recipe- I have made that before, and calculated it as:
    284 cals, 20 carbs, 10 fat, 27 protein, 1669 sodium. It served 4 with 4 oz chicken for each serving.

My recipe is Crockpot London Broil:
    2 lb London Broil (top round steak)
    1 pkg brown gravy mix
    1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch Mix
    1 pkg Good Seasons Italian dressing mix

Mix the seasonings with 2 cups of water. Place London Broil in the crockpot and pour liquid over top. Cook for 8-10 hours. I like to shred it and serve it over mashed potatoes. The gravy is superb.
    368 cals, 6 carbs, 14 fat, 50 protein, 1388 sodium. Serves 6. (Nut. Info does not include mashed potatoes)
  • crashleighann
    Options
    I cannot wait to make this... thanks for sharing! :)
    Chipotle Pork Tenderloin

4 Tbls Chipotle seasoning
    1 jar of sugar-free rasberry preserves
    2 Tbls fresh chopped cilantro
    2 Tbls cumin
    1 pork tenderloin

Combine all ingredients except tenderloin in bowl and mix well. Place the tenderloin at the bottom of crock pot and cover with combined ingredients. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Falls apart and is so yummy!!! You can make a couple at a time and shred to make other meals during the week....tacos, put on salads, add it to a broth based soup, whatever combo you like.
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    bump tks for later.
  • boombop1981
    Options
    The slow cooker salsa chicken is so good.....very satisfying:)
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Western Omelet ( Not your normal style this is done in a crock pot)
    32- Ounce bag frozen hash brown potatoes

8 Ounce extra lean lower sodium cooked ham cubed or sliced into strip chunks if its deli style

3 Green Onions thinly sliced including the whites

18 Cherry or Grape Tomatoes cut into quarter pieces

1 1/2 Cups of Fat Free Shredded Cheese your choice (I used Monteray Jack)

12 Eggs or the equal amount in Egg Beaters (I used one 500ml Carton of Egg Beaters which works out to 9 eggs and 3 Large real eggs)

1 Cup Fat Free Milk

1 1/2 Teaspoons Mrs Dash

1 1/2 Teaspoons Dill weed or Parsley depending on your tastes (I used Dill)

Layer one third of the hashbrowns in the bottom of 4-5 quart crock pot, top with a third of the ham, onions, tomatoes and cheese and 1/2 teaspoon of the Mrs Dash and herb of your choice. Repeat two more times with remaining items. Beat the eggs and milk together in a bowl till mixed. Pour over the ingredients in the crock pot. Cover and cook on low setting 8-9 hours. Makes 10 Servings.

Serve with fresh berries and you have wonderful breakfast. This recipe works out best if you prepare all the ingredients and turn on the crock pot before bed then when you wake up you have a house smelling like you cooked all morning. Since it makes 10 servings it is great for weekends for families or for entertaining friends.
  • Jauryn
    Jauryn Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump
  • christyb77
    christyb77 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Made this and I Love Love Love it!!! I used Dreamfields low glycemic Penne noodles. :love:
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    bump for crock pot recipes.
  • mishtery
    mishtery Posts: 148
    Options
    think i'll be trying the salsa one :) thanks
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the great recipes I hope this thread continues.
  • vlahan
    vlahan Posts: 8
    Options
    Wash and dry whole chicken, add sauerkraut around it, cook on low for 8 hrs.......falling apart tender and oh so yummy!
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump
  • Beaneroo
    Beaneroo Posts: 9
    Options
    I found this one on MFP a couple of weeks ago and just tried it the other night...delicious!

Crockpot Spicy Lime Chicken
    Ingredients
    1 - 2 tsp olive oil
    1 medium onion (roughly chopped)
    3 - 4 cloves of garlic (roughly chopped)
    3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    2 limes
    2 cups of low sodium chicken broth
    chili flakes (to taste)
    ground black pepper

Brown onions and garlic in a frying pan for 2 - 3 minutes and then put in bottom of crock pot.
    Put the chicken in on top of the onions (I used a whole frozen chicken and it worked great - lots of leftovers for soup!)
    Juice the limes and add juice and pulp to the crockpot with chicken broth and spices
    Cook on low for 4 - 5 hours (maybe longer if you're starting from frozen) - your chicken will be falling apart.

I added a bunch of veggies that I had in the fridge and served the whole thing over rice - super tasty.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sonnie124
    Sonnie124 Posts: 99
    Options
    Got this in an e-mail this morning...haven't tried it yet. It looked yummy so I thought I would share it.

Crock-Pot Roast Sticky Chicken

• 4 tsp salt
    • 2 tsp paprika
    • 1 tsp cayenne pepper
    • 1 tsp onion powder
    • 1 tsp thyme
    • 1 tsp white pepper
    • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
    • 1/2 tsp black pepper
    • 1 large roasting chicken
    • 1 cup chopped onion
    In a small bowl, thoroughly combine all the spices. Remove giblets from the chicken, clean the cavity well and pat dry with paper towels. Rub the spice mixture into the chicken, both inside and out, making sure it is evenly distributed and down deep into the skin. Place in a resealable plastic bag, seal, and refrigerate overnight. (Don’t worry if you forget to do this the night before, I forget all the time and it still turns out fine.)
    When ready to cook chicken, put the onions into the cavity, put the bird into the crock-pot, and do not add any liquid. As the cooking process goes on it will produce it’s own juices. Cook on low 8 to 10 hours and it will be falling off the bone!

This is so good! I have made it 3 times now
  • NamsdnaL
    NamsdnaL Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    bump
    Thank you everyone for your recipes. I only wish I had one to share with you all.
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    bump! Thanks!
  • jesswiggin
    jesswiggin Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    SLOW COOKER SALSA CHICKEN

INGREDIENTS:
    4- Boneless,skinless Chicken Breasts
    1 Cup of Salsa
    1 Package Taco Seasoning reduced sodium
    1 Can Cream Of Mushroom Soup - reduced fat
    1/2 Cup - Sour Crean- Fat free

DIRECTIONS:
    Add chicken to slow cooker - Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken - Pour Salsa and Soup over chicken
    Cook on low for 8 hrs - or High for 4 hrs
    Once cooked remove from heat and stir in sour cream

Serves 6-8 people depending on the size of the chicken breasts

This sounds really good! In the fix-it and forget-it lightly cookbook there is a recipe for southwest chicken that is similar. It is super yummy, and I bet this is as well! Can't wait to try this! The one thing I miss about my pre MFP days is guilt free indulgence of Mexican food!
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    my fave pulled pork recipe.... SUPER simple and easy to figure out the calories...

I pork tenderloin or any roast ( I look for the sales) place it in the crockpot and cover the meat with Rootbeer. I use sugar-free but I have made it with regular as well. Cook on low for about 6-8 hours (depending how big the piece of meat is) Pull out of the crockpot - separate the meat with a fork.. Drain the crockpot of rootbeer and return the meat and top with your favorite BBQ sauce - I really like Kinder's or Trader Joes....Serve it up with a light cole slaw dressed in vinagriette....makes awesome sliders!! My honey LOVES this recipe.

Valerie

p.s. I've also reduced the rootbeer to a thick syrup and add it to the meat before I add the BBQ sauce...
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Here is one I found but have not tried yet.... and also the link to my fave healthy recipe site!!!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=625159