Phase 2

Options

Replies

• totallytasha
    totallytasha Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to lie - I missed pretty much all last week. Hormone issues!! Just needed the break. So this is the last week of phase 2 for me, and I'm supposed to be pushing as much weight as I can, but I feel like I'm going to be pretty unprepared for the last phase. I plan on kicking through as much as I possibly can. I'll probably take a break after this program and do something a bit more cardio intense, since i have 40 pounds or so to lose, and then come back and hit this one again in order to tone up, and that time around do the 2nd phase twice. I've heard that it's helpful .
  • cocoa_cutie513
    cocoa_cutie513 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yeahhh I've OFFICIALLY made it to Phase 2. But, why am I unmotivated to go in to workout today? I should be excited, but I'm not. I'm groggy, and tired. I've only slept maybe 4hr last night and it's raining today. Ugh...Decisions decisions..there is only 1 day off per week during phase 2. I'm feeling like Mondays maybe my day off.
  • totallytasha
    Options
    Yeahhh I've OFFICIALLY made it to Phase 2. But, why am I unmotivated to go in to workout today? I should be excited, but I'm not. I'm groggy, and tired. I've only slept maybe 4hr last night and it's raining today. Ugh...Decisions decisions..there is only 1 day off per week during phase 2. I'm feeling like Mondays maybe my day off.

Dude, if I only slept for 4 hours, I wouldn't be motivated to be alive, let alone workout. Do you have the option of napping? Mondays as an off day sounds pretty neat. Honestly, I missed several days during Phase 2, and I'd just double up the workouts the next day to make up for it. 6 days is intense!
  • vickystrand1
    vickystrand1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    On my last week of Phase one! Yahoo! I'm feeling pretty good. Sort of nervous about adding the cardio back in now...that's more time, which equals getting up even earlier than I do now..which is hard when you sleep as little as I do.
    What is the recommendation for cardio in phase 2? Weights first then cardio or cardio first?

Thanks!
  • totallytasha
    Options
    On my last week of Phase one! Yahoo! I'm feeling pretty good. Sort of nervous about adding the cardio back in now...that's more time, which equals getting up even earlier than I do now..which is hard when you sleep as little as I do.
    What is the recommendation for cardio in phase 2? Weights first then cardio or cardio first?

Thanks!

I always hit weights first. I feel like I have a better chance of lifting more and lifting properly if I'm not tired from cardio. The cardio at the end I basically use to burn out whatever energy is left.
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options

Thanks!

I always hit weights first. I feel like I have a better chance of lifting more and lifting properly if I'm not tired from cardio. The cardio at the end I basically use to burn out whatever energy is left.

I totally agree!
  • cocoa_cutie513
    Options

Dude, if I only slept for 4 hours, I wouldn't be motivated to be alive, let alone workout. Do you have the option of napping? Mondays as an off day sounds pretty neat. Honestly, I missed several days during Phase 2, and I'd just double up the workouts the next day to make up for it. 6 days is intense!

Right, and that is exactly what happened lol. I slept in on Monday with no regrets!!

Today is Leg day, and I'm unsure how to move forward. Today Jamie is pushing towards a higher rep/lower weight regimen. I'm more focused on building shapely muscles, versus the 'toned' look. I dont want to steer to far from her program, but I want noticeable results when it's all said and done.
  • cocoa_cutie513
    Options

Thanks!

Yup, always do weights before cardio. The carbs are needed to give me the energy to finish the weight training. Whatever is left over allows me to burn fat. Also I eat 1-1.5hr before going to workout too.
  • totallytasha
    Options

Right, and that is exactly what happened lol. I slept in on Monday with no regrets!!

Today is Leg day, and I'm unsure how to move forward. Today Jamie is pushing towards a higher rep/lower weight regimen. I'm more focused on building shapely muscles, versus the 'toned' look. I dont want to steer to far from her program, but I want noticeable results when it's all said and done.

I'd go with the plan. Phase 3 is super focused on lower weight high reps to balance that out - you'll need the strength you build in Phase 2 to get through them all.
  • cocoa_cutie513
    Options

I'd go with the plan. Phase 3 is super focused on lower weight high reps to balance that out - you'll need the strength you build in Phase 2 to get through them all.

Thanks, I stuck to the plan as well as I could. The weight was still moderately heavy, so I'm not to disappointed. I have a slight injury I think is trying to erupt in my inner thigh. Gotta start stretching more often and consistently.
  • RockyController
    Options
    I'm 1.5 weeks out from Phase 2 and have looked ahead to both Phase 2 and 3. Looks like I might have to tweak a few things with the plan. Based on layout at my gym, number of people in there at all hours of the day and my schedule I might have to do the exercises but not superset them as prescribed.
  • cocoa_cutie513
    Options
    I've had a lot going on the past few weeks, stressed and pulled thin. I decided to start this week on Week 7 (I was half assed doing weeks 5 and 6)

Question: How long is it taking you all to do a workout? My rest between sets is usually no more than 60 seconds. Sometimes I "cheat" and even do some supersets to speed up the process. I spend anywhere from 1hr-1.5hr just doing weights!!!
  • totallytasha
    Options
    I've had a lot going on the past few weeks, stressed and pulled thin. I decided to start this week on Week 7 (I was half assed doing weeks 5 and 6)

Question: How long is it taking you all to do a workout? My rest between sets is usually no more than 60 seconds. Sometimes I "cheat" and even do some supersets to speed up the process. I spend anywhere from 1hr-1.5hr just doing weights!!!

I was at the gym for 2 hours or so - they're long!
  • cocoa_cutie513
    Options

Good to know I'm not the only one. My motivation just sucks these days. You'd think my stress levels would encourage me to go workout but they don't..I turn more into a hermit. Anyway, gonna go get it in tomorrow.

Yesterday, I used an app for a stopwatch to actually count my 60 sec between sets..I was done with my leg routine in less than an hour! I'm going to keep using that thing. It keeps me accountable and focused on getting in and out
  • totallytasha
    Options

Good to know I'm not the only one. My motivation just sucks these days. You'd think my stress levels would encourage me to go workout but they don't..I turn more into a hermit. Anyway, gonna go get it in tomorrow.

Yesterday, I used an app for a stopwatch to actually count my 60 sec between sets..I was done with my leg routine in less than an hour! I'm going to keep using that thing. It keeps me accountable and focused on getting in and out

That's fantastic!! I'm really bad about that. I kinda stretch inbetween sets, then check my text messages, and leisurely start again. I really need a more disciplined approach like that.
  • stormystrickland
    stormystrickland Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second day of Phase 2 and I can't wait to see my results after this phase! I just posted my results after phase 1 and I love them!
  • debwaid
    Options

I love those apps that keep me focused! I used GymGoal to input my workout and track everything!
  • totallytasha
    Options
    I'm on my second day of Phase 2 and I can't wait to see my results after this phase! I just posted my results after phase 1 and I love them!

Hooray! I'm glad phase 1 had such an impact on you!
  • suzymelo
    suzymelo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi everyone!

i am on day 36 (2nd week of phase 2) and i am looking for a little motivation! during phase one i didn't lose any weight nor do my clothes fit differently - and my muscle doesn't look too different either. i am hoping that phase 2 will create some noticeable results as i am feeling a bit defeated!

one thing i didn't keep up with daily was the fish oil - it is in my fridge but i keep forgetting about it. do you think it would make a huge difference?

thanks for listening!
    day 36 tomorrow!

-suzy
  • debwaid
    Options
    hi everyone!

i am on day 36 (2nd week of phase 2) and i am looking for a little motivation! during phase one i didn't lose any weight nor do my clothes fit differently - and my muscle doesn't look too different either. i am hoping that phase 2 will create some noticeable results as i am feeling a bit defeated!

one thing i didn't keep up with daily was the fish oil - it is in my fridge but i keep forgetting about it. do you think it would make a huge difference?

thanks for listening!
    day 36 tomorrow!

-suzy

Hi I am no longer doing Jamie's program....I didn't lose any weight during Phase 1 and only lost a couple of pounds doing Phase 2. I did however lose a good amount of inches and fat!! Keep at it!! It will pay off!