Whats on your menu today?

Options

Replies

• SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 4 slices of bacon (well, 2 at breakfast and 2 as a snack), 2 eggs fried in the bacon
    Lunch: salmon and mango salsa
    Snack: cucumber slices with guacamole
    Dinner: barbacoa beef with pico de gallo and a little sour cream on romaine lettuce
  • roro73
    roro73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted in this thread yet, but just had to share my lunch.

Chili, Citrus & Cilantro chicken thigh & grilled stuffed portobello mushroom from Fresh & Easy.

They're both good, but the mushroom is absolutely amazing! I highly recommend them to anyone with a Fresh & Easy market near by.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmmmm I concur! I love fresh & Easy. I do a big portion of my shopping there
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!! My husband grabbed the salad items I had prepped ahead and used them with his breakfast this morning!!!! ARGH!

Oh well...

Made a nice cheddar cheese sauce to go over freshly steamed broccoli, zucchini, summer squash and carrots... now its sitting in my gut like a dead weight! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    After an egg gap of 2 days (how have I managed?!) I am looking forward to a massive egg scramble with bacon, cheese, spinahc cayenne pepper and tabasco for lunch.

Because I am worth it.

Dinner? I have no idea, pretty sure it ain't pizza ;)
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 4 slices of bacon (well, 2 at breakfast and 2 as a snack), 2 eggs fried in the bacon
    Lunch: salmon and mango salsa
    Snack: cucumber slices with guacamole
    Dinner: barbacoa beef with pico de gallo and a little sour cream on romaine lettuce

Ooh sounds like a lovely day :o)

Me today:

Lunch: Hot dog salad (4 x sliced frankfurter sausages, shredded lettuce, shredded Edam cheese, a little cucumber dressed in hot dog mustard)

Dinner: I'm going to a work BBQ tonight (That I have cunningly organised.....) so will be eating a burger without the bun, a grilled chicken thigh (or leg), a veggie skewer and a scallop skewer, served with caesar salad (minus the croutons for me).

Probably several glasses of white wine...............
  • JustMaxine55
    JustMaxine55 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, sausage, raspberries
    Lunch: Burrito with Cream Cheese (recipe below)
    Dinner; Chicken salad on greens
    Snack: celery stuffed with Skinny Cow Cheese

Burrito with Cream Cheese

1/2 c cottage cheese
    1 oz cream cheese
    4 fresh strawberries
    1 lg tortilla, La Tortilla Factory, low carb

The night before, blend cottage cheese, cream cheese and strawberries in blender until creamy.
    Place mixture in a strainer, lined with a coffee filter and allow to drain in the refrigerator overnight.
    Warm tortilla in microwave or a hot griddle.
    Place cheese and fruit mixture in the center of warmed tortilla. Roll and serve seam down.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options
    Breakfast: eggs and bacon. I'm boring and it's easy lol
    lunch: salmon and mango salsa. I liked it so much I had it again :)
    dinner: its my dad's birthday so we're all going out. I've narrowed it down to a turkey cobb salad or a ceasar with blackened salmon, and no croutons. I logged the salmon ceasar already so that's what it'll probably be
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    i love love love salmon with ceasar. Yum :)
  • JustMaxine55
    Options
    Open faced BLT on Low carb bread! Delish!
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options
    B: eggs and a poblano sausage.. Sooo good
    l: HUGE cobb salad with romaine, bacon, andhhardoiled egg, tomatoes and roasted turkey. I decided to cut dairy for a while *cries* so I'm having it with homemade balsamic dressing instead of blue cheese.
    D: grilled London broil and asparagus cooked in bacon
    snack: cucumber slices and a wholly guacamole 100 calorie pack
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    Lunch: Leftovers from last night- A chicken breast stuffed with blue cheese & wrapped in smoked bacon, served with home made ratatouille and wild rocket (Arugula).

Dinner- going out for an Indian meal, so having a tandoori mixed grill to start (2x grilled lamb chops, a lamb shish kebab and some grilled tandoori chicken) followed by a king prawn Jalfrezi with indian side salad.

Might be a little over on carbs but it will be delicious!!
  • JustMaxine55
    Options
    Breakfast:
    2 over easy eggs on LC toast, 2 sl bacon, 1/4 apple

Lunch: Chicken salad

Dinner:
    Fajita beef, cheese, guacamole, sour cream on a bed of lettuce

Snack: almonds
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options
    Breakfast: 2 eggs, 3.5 slices of uncured bacon
    Lunch: buffalo burger on lettuce with dijon, mayo, grilled onion, pickle slices and tomato from my garden
    Dinner: grilled london broil and grilled asparagus with olive oil, lemon juice and red pepper flakes
    Snacks: almond, cashew, macadamia, and sunflower seed mix and a pickle. (Not at the same time..that'd be weird lol)
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Spicy scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese and spinach set me up nicely for the day.

Have just had some cheese, celery dipped in hot salsa and some raw nuts to get me through to a party tonight.

I have no idea what the food will be like there but I suspect carb-heavy.

It doesn't matter really as I can easily not eat much and make up for it when I get home ... when I will sort some stuff to sustain me through playing cricket tomorrow. Sausages, cheese, boiled eggs and some raw nuts will do me nicely.
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Lox omelette for breakfast; BLT roll-ups with faux-tato skins for lunch, and fajitas (no tortillas) for dinner. A nearly perfect day with all my favorite foods.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options
    No breakfast today..slept right through :(
    Lunch: same as yesterday -- buffalo burger on romaine, grilled onions, pickles, tomatoes, mayo and dijon
    Dinner: barbacoa beef, pico de gallo, guacamole on cabbage leaves; grilled zucchini
    Snacks: sunflower seeds, cashews, almonds, macadamia mix. Think I'm gonna boil up some hardboiled eggs since I'm low on cals, or blend up some cantaloupe or raspberries with coconut milk for a quick ice cream
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    OMG one of the best dinners I have EVER made.
    Sorry I don't have a pic , but I had to eat it right away while the salmon skin was still crispy.

Everything was cooked on the grill.

- Green Beans drizzled with olive oil and and pan grilled on jelly roll pan on the top rack of the grill (15 min ~ 400F)
    - 21-25 count raw shrimp, marinated in tamari with a slice of water chestnut and wrapped in 1/3 a piece of bacon. Again, placed on a jelly roll pan and cookend on the top shelf of the grill ( ~ 500F) for about 20 min
    - Wild salmon fillet with skin. Whole fillet, I poured the bacon fat and tamari juice over the salmon before placing on the top rack. Cooked for ~10 to 15 min at 350 - 400F

Oh yeah, and in between courses had a crab/shrimp stuffed fillet of sole that my Daughter sent me from Omaha Steaks. It was fantastic too, really buttery and flavorful (and only 4 carb).
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options
    Slept through breakfast again so I just had a couple strips of bacon
    Lunch: leftover barbacoa tacos on cabbage on cabbage leaves w/pico de gallo and avocado
    Dinner: slow cooker roast chicken with baby carrots, sauteed rainbow chard with garlic, lemon and red pepper flakes
    Snacks: some pumpkin seeds, a small slice of avocado, and coffee w/coconut milk
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    Breakfast: Smoked salmon slices & a poached egg, black coffee.

Lunch: Grilled Halloumi cheese slices with crispy smoked bacon, spinach & rocket salad with a green pesto dressing.

Dinner: Home made ginger & spring (green) onion chicken with chinese cabbage dressed in sesame oil.

Snack: Sugar free Jelly pot