Challenge starting July 16th. Who is with me???

Options

Replies

• timnca03
    timnca03 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I started the same day!!! I wish I would have found this group earlier, man this workout is tough. Day 5.....bring it! Looking for new friends to help motivate so please add me if you'd like!
  • Kooks76
    Kooks76 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm just starting the challenge "for real" today (7/20/2012). I'm not going to lie, I did well for about two weeks when I first got the DVD's but I don't think I was mentally prepared for how challenging the Insanity workout was. This time I'm making an appointment with myself each morning before the kids wake up and all the trappings of domestic life begin. Fit test . . . done. Let's go!
  • sonyab76
    sonyab76 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done and I am feeling great! Today was the first day I didn't wake up completely sore.

Does anyone have any recommendations on which heart rate monitor to buy, or which ones I should stay away from buying. I am looking for a reasonably prices one that counts calories burned.

Hope everyone is doing well.
  • aloha311
    aloha311 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done and I am feeling great! Today was the first day I didn't wake up completely sore.

Does anyone have any recommendations on which heart rate monitor to buy, or which ones I should stay away from buying. I am looking for a reasonably prices one that counts calories burned.

I bought one from Walmart yesterday. It was only $28 and I used it for the Day 3 workout and it said I burned 500 calories. I think it works just fine for me.
  • djbrink21
    djbrink21 Posts: 97 Member
    Options

I got one from REI that works really nice. It was about $100 and was a Polar FT7. Love it, counts calories, shows heart rate range, shows high and low heart rate over the whole work out and duration.
  • djbrink21
    Options
    I started the same day!!! I wish I would have found this group earlier, man this workout is tough. Day 5.....bring it! Looking for new friends to help motivate so please add me if you'd like!

Stick with it man, we're all in this together!
  • aloha311
    Options
    Just finished day 4 Cardio. Ummm yeah it wasn't the "recovery" I was thinking. LOL I also took my baby and dogs on a 4 mile walk.
  • LoriWil5
    LoriWil5 Posts: 5
    Options
    i was going to start on the 16th but I got sick and saturday morning I am going to start. First time I did this I was puking after the fit test. that is how bad I am out of shape. So hopefully I can do it without puking.
  • djbrink21
    Options
    i was going to start on the 16th but I got sick and saturday morning I am going to start. First time I did this I was puking after the fit test. that is how bad I am out of shape. So hopefully I can do it without puking.

Take all the breaks you need to. Remember it is better you do a few reps of each work out and complete the workout instead of stay with Shawn T and on do 1 30 second movement. That's the way I had to do it the first time I started (and quit unfortunently) before I was down the 15 lbs I am currently. Take a break after every 5 (or however many makes sense) reps. Take like 5 deep breaths (or 10 or whatever you need) then do another 5 reps.

Eventually if you keep pushing play you will make it through easier and easier. My current goal is to make it through the workouts only taking breaks when they say to. Still a ways off, but it is getting better.

But I know what you mean I still keep a puke can nearby. :)
  • djbrink21
    Options
    First rest day feels so weird, my body is like "so when we working out? Hey hey work out?" All I want to do is do one, but I'm going to be good and let my body rest forthe day.
  • sonyab76
    sonyab76 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    REST DAY!!!! Great job everyone! We made it through week 1.

i feel the same way Dj, i want to work out today too... but i also will take the day to rest the body a bit.

After a bit of shopping around I ened up getting the Polar HRM. I love it! It makes me want to work out more now that I can watch how many calories I am burning. I might wear it for my shift on monday (server/bartender) and see how many calories get burned in a shift, not that my heart rate is getting high, but there is alot of walking going on.
  • aloha311
    Options
    Last night I completed Pure Cardio. I was able to burn 800 calories according to my Harmon. :) I'm w day behind everyone so I'm not takingba rest day and I'm going to catch up.
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    So new shoes were a bust. I am going to try and take them back. This time I just skipped the exercises that made the shin splints worse (all the side to side stuff, butt kicks, heismans (sp?) ski jumps, 123's) and either ran in place or did high knees. So far my shins aren't killing me tonight so that's a good sign. I think I'm on day 6 or 7 now? losing count. haha.
  • aloha311
    Options
    So much for rest day! I ended up doing 30 minutes and burning 579 calories. =)
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    I am really messing up with Insanity. I missed one day, and then I just got behind. That is why I struggle with plans that have the days and exercises mapped out. Ugh, I always do this.

Does everyone follow it as the DVD has is planned?
  • starbucksbuzz
    Options
    We are doing our best (SIL and I) but we aren't killing ourselves to make it EVERY night. We are just going in order and not worrying if we miss a night. We have missed a few but the important thing is that we keep goin!
  • aloha311
    Options
    So how did everyone do with Week 1? I have planned to retake all my measurements every Monday just to check progress. So starting measurements were: Weight: 152lbs Waist: 37inches(I go by the biggest part) Hips: 42inches Today's measurements were: Weight: 152lbs Waist: 35.5inchs Hips: 41 inches!!! So even though the scale didn't budge at all the numbers have changed and that is amazing to me in just one week. I can only imagine what it will be like at the end of 60 days! Dig DEEP everyone!!!
  • starbucksbuzz
    Options
    I have been lazy and not measuring, but a pair of dress pants that I used to fill out has a saggy *kitten* now. :P I'm also down some lbs, but just finished my period and have been eating to lose anyways so I wouldn't count all that towards insanity.
  • starbucksbuzz
    Options
    I also feel I should report that hearing Shaun T's voice now gives me this feeling of impending doom... and we definitely yell at him while we do the workout.
  • djbrink21
    Options
    I am really messing up with Insanity. I missed one day, and then I just got behind. That is why I struggle with plans that have the days and exercises mapped out. Ugh, I always do this.

Does everyone follow it as the DVD has is planned?

I do, but who cares what he DVD plan says. If you do any of the work (including the Cardio Recovery) once a day then you are doing more than what you would do if you didn't. If you miss a day, who cares, is missing one day going to make the next day that you do work out any less good for you? Just get out there and push play!