Metabolism Reset - Eating at TDEE Support Thread

Options

Replies

• rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    OMG.... 2 MORE DAYS LEFT!!!!!!

:flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:

(from you know who:heart: )
  • gijane8871015
    Options
    I have another question!

I am starting week 2 tomorrow, but if my TDEE when I started was higher, due to excessively doing cardio daily, but now I have switched to 3 days of weights, and 2 days of cardio with 2 days off a week.

Should I re-calculate now, or recalculate after 4 weeks, or when I start cutting?

Thanks!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I have another question!

I am starting week 2 tomorrow, but if my TDEE when I started was higher, due to excessively doing cardio daily, but now I have switched to 3 days of weights, and 2 days of cardio with 2 days off a week.

Should I re-calculate now, or recalculate after 4 weeks, or when I start cutting?

Thanks!

What activity level did you use when you figured your TDEE originally? It's possible you might still end up in the same category even with the reduction in cardio.

How are your feelings? Are you still having a lot of lousy physical symptoms?
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    DONE WITH RESET. It's midnight. I'm not eating anymore tonight. So while cut doesn't officially start until I wake up tomorrow, I'M AT CUT.

Woot! Woot! Woot! I'm so excited.

Hang in there all of you. You will all get to this point sooner than you know it!
  • rosied915
    Options
    DONE WITH RESET. It's midnight. I'm not eating anymore tonight. So while cut doesn't officially start until I wake up tomorrow, I'M AT CUT.

Hang in there all of you. You will all get to this point sooner than you know it!

YAAAAAAY!!!! Congratulations on a job well done!!! You have been an inspiration to all of us and I am so happy for you!
    (well, happy and "jellie" too!)

And to celebrate this BIG DAY.....

:love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:
  • skbarton
    skbarton Posts: 141 Member
    Options

I'm a week behind you to hit the 8 week mark. Overall I'm up 9 pounds since joining MFP in February and eating more than what I was doing on WW. I have gained 3.8 since starting the reset on 6/2. Sometime this week I am planning on doing a new set of measurements before I cut.

It's exciting to have so many of us in the same general time frame!

Susan
  • junebug523
    junebug523 Posts: 196
    Options
    I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but I too have just completed my 8-week reset and am now on day 1 of my cut! I weighed myself this morning so that I could get my starting point: 157.4 lbs. That means I am up about 7 lbs since I started my reset. I normally wouldn't have weighed myself today for a number of reasons: 1) I lifted heavy yesterday, and 2) My sodium was off the charts (thank you, pad thai!). I still wanted to get a starting number, though, even if this number might not be super accurate.

I also took my measurements, and not much change there...slightly up, but not significant.

I just ran my numbers through scooby, and I think that a 10% cut will be appropriate for me, at least to start. I have been eating at about 2200 during my reset, so I'm going to start with 2000 calories/day this week and see how that goes. I'm excited! (Although, I must admit, slightly regretful...I really liked eating 2200.)

Good luck to all of you who are starting your cut, and also to those of you who are still doing your reset! This journey is amazing and so worthwhile!
  • gijane8871015
    Options
    I have another question!

Thanks!

What activity level did you use when you figured your TDEE originally? It's possible you might still end up in the same category even with the reduction in cardio.

How are your feelings? Are you still having a lot of lousy physical symptoms?

I am feeling great! Haven't weighed myself yet ... waiting 4 weeks for that.

I have changed from working out 5 x per week 30 mins per day Cardio plus 3 x per week 30 mins weight training, to 3 days of strength training and 3 days of cardio, 30 mins each.

The additional factor, single mom of a very active 3 yr old ... so my fit bit says I was burning approx 2200 per day before, and I am going to test and see what it says this week.

Thanks!
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options

omG i'm sooooo happy for you!!!! I wish you all the best in your cut and will be waiting to hear your updates :drinker:
  • rosied915
    Options
    I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but I too have just completed my 8-week reset and am now on day 1 of my cut! I weighed myself this morning so that I could get my starting point: 157.4 lbs. That means I am up about 7 lbs since I started my reset. I normally wouldn't have weighed myself today for a number of reasons: 1) I lifted heavy yesterday, and 2) My sodium was off the charts (thank you, pad thai!). I still wanted to get a starting number, though, even if this number might not be super accurate.

I also took my measurements, and not much change there...slightly up, but not significant.

I just ran my numbers through scooby, and I think that a 10% cut will be appropriate for me, at least to start. I have been eating at about 2200 during my reset, so I'm going to start with 2000 calories/day this week and see how that goes. I'm excited! (Although, I must admit, slightly regretful...I really liked eating 2200.)

Good luck to all of you who are starting your cut, and also to those of you who are still doing your reset! This journey is amazing and so worthwhile!

YAAAAY TO ANOTHER GRADUATE!!!!

Congratulations to you~ getting through a RESET is a BIG accomplishment!!!

And, just for you.......
    :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Dare I say that after upping my cals since March that I may actually be starting to get a handle on the amount of food i'm eating? Since upping from 1000 to the 2106 I now eat per day, i've been feeling like i'm just sooooo consumed with food. Either preparing it or thinking about what i'm going to eat next, figuring out how to fill up my macros, or making a grocery list and going shopping. Assessing what I SHOULD even be eating for my age and activity level. Even thoughts about the amount i'm eating. Is it right? Could it be wrong? Is this whole process right? uggghhh and even the thoughts that I feel like i've been stuffing my face constantly...is that even right? Only in the last few days have I had time to actually consider the things I WANT to eat. Up till now i've been eating what I thought was right and mixing it in with what others were eating. It's really nice to just sit back and maybe think about what I LIKE to eat. Things I love that i've always eaten before but got shoved by the wayside until now. I think i'm finally having time to embrace this whole idea and feeling not so overwhelmed FINALLY!!! So I just wanna thank everyone for their updates, good and bad and Kiki and Lucia who are THE very best at what they do and they love it also and it shows. So glad i've stuck with this for so long. I never thought I could (even though i'm not there yet haha) I'm still here and that i'm thankful for!! Good luck to everyone enduring the process and happy endings all around, cause lord knows we deserve it!!:drinker: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • 2knoxs
    2knoxs Posts: 81
    Options

Love the new avatar, and congrats on making it to a new chapter of your goal. Good Luck :)
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I am on my final day of reset!!! I cant believe its been 8 weeks and I stuck it out for the whole thing. Thank you to everyone here for your support. I look forward to getting to cut tomorrow and starting to see the losses.. CANNOT WAIT!!!!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • 2knoxs
    2knoxs Posts: 81
    Options
    I am on my final day of reset!!! I cant believe its been 8 weeks and I stuck it out for the whole thing. Thank you to everyone here for your support. I look forward to getting to cut tomorrow and starting to see the losses.. CANNOT WAIT!!!!

Congrats, read your blog post. I hope cut goes well for you :D Ill be watching your progress.
  • rr85114
    rr85114 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Quick update - today is day 1 of Week 4 for me. I must say, it's gone by *so* quickly and I've been enjoying my new lifestyle so much more than restricting myself to 700 net cals a day!

Before I started EM2WL, I was at 77.6kg, that being 1.3kg higher than my lowest ever adult weight of 76.3kg. My goal (back then) was to get to 72kg.

After starting EM2WL, my weight went up to 79.5kg (as of last week). I was okay with that because I knew a gain was almost inevitable given my starvation diet veteranism, and also the fact that I was probably quite dehydrated (I used to be able to go a day drinking a single glass of water, and that was it). I'm now tracking my water intake as well in order to ensure I'm getting my minimum 8 glasses.

I just wanted to report that I *tried* to weigh myself this morning, just so I can see how my weight fluctuations are going, but I'm having scale dramas - using it in a tiled bathroom (staying with family overseas for a couple of weeks), and every tile I place it on gives me a different number. I've gotten a host of numbers ranging from 79.2 to 80.3. So, I just took that as a sign that I should stay off the scale until I'm back home to my reliable, flat ground :laugh:

In any event, the general range of weight that I saw this morning indicated to me that while eating a whopping 2480 every single day (and sometimes slightly over) for the past 3 weeks has bumped me up a couple of kilos, but now I'm pretty steadily staying at the same-ish weight. Which is a good sign, I believe!

I'm also taking measurements, and they haven't changed - which is fine by me! As long as they're not going up!

Can't wait for the next 5 weeks to fly by and then I can go to cut and see some serious changes!
  • Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I just started week 3 of my reset. In the first 2 weeks i thought it wasnt too hard to eat 2100 calories. Picking all the things i wanted to eat and ending up close enough to 2100 calories. However the last few days im really struggling meeting my calorie goal, and protein goal isnt going too well either...

I thought i was doing really well, mentally with eating more and physically with wanting to eat more. And now im stuggling to eat enough again :(
  • rosied915
    Options

YAAAAAYYYYYY!!! YOU DID IT.....YOU FREAKIN' DID IT!!!! CONGRATULATIONS on completing a very difficult journey!!

And, of course.....
  • carriea67
    carriea67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

CONGRATULATIONS GRADUATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am tickled PINK that you made it through the reset! Go forth and conquer the cut :bigsmile: !!!!!
  • carriea67
    Options

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I must admit to having the same thoughts as you...I like eating my TDEE...not sure where I am going to cut....but I am looking forward to hearing about your "cut" journey....

:drinker:
  • carriea67
    Options

CONGRATULATIONS GRADUATE!!!! Yeah you!!!! I can't wait to learn from your journey through the cut....

I am so excited for you!!!!

:drinker: