Am I the only one that finds it difficult to eat more?

Options

Replies

• scaryann1
    scaryann1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Weight = 290.6
    Up 1.8 pounds

Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) = 1916
    Daily calories to maintain weight (TDEE) = 2393
    Average calories = 1929
    Last weeks Average = 2047

Weight - April 286 pounds / Last week 288.8 pounds /Today 290.6/Total - Up 1.8 pounds Down 14.4 pounds since I started eating more in August 2015.
    Calf- April 20.5 inches / Last week 19.5 inches/Today 19.5 inches/Total -1 inches
    Thigh- April 30 inches / Last week 27.75 inches/Today 27.5 inches /Total - 2.5 inches
    Hips - April 58 inches /Last week 57 inches/Today 57 inches/Total - 1 inches
    Abdomen - April 51 inches / Last week 46 inches/ Today 46 inches/Total - 5 inches
    Waist - April 48 inches / Last week 46 inches/Today 46 inches/Total - 2.5 inches
    Forearm - April 13 inches / Last week 11.75 inches/Today 11.75 inches/Total - 1.25 inches

After having the "week from hell" I'm not going to complain about this weeks update at all. I found it difficult all week to eat as you can see from my average calories. I don't even want to know what the numbers would have been if we hadn't had Junk Food TV Night with three good stiff bourbons last night.

Sky was missing her big sissy last night and consequently kept me awake from 3am till 4am this morning wanting attention. Chubby has taken up residence in the bathroom on the kitty litter pail and refuses to come out for any reason. Their food and water is on the counter in the bathroom (our place is so small that's the only place the dishes fit).

Autumn came to NY quickly this year! We went from mid 80s to mid 60s over night. My joints are not liking it, but what are you going to do? Hoping everyone has a great week.

• jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    @scaryann1

Fall came quickly for us too. Had to turn on the furnace yesterday morning, it was below 60 inside.

Hope this week is a better one.
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Yes it's definitely starting to get chillier here in the UK too. I don't mind this time of year, but when the snow and ice hit, I'd rather be back in summer!
    Hope you're doing ok.
    Ichel
    EM2WL ambassador and moderator
  • scaryann1
    Options
    Ugg, as much as I love the colors of Spring and Autumn, I don't like the weather and the weather doesn't like me! Inflammation in my back is so bad I've got a week of Prednisone and Hydrocodone and they are not touching the back pain yet. :disappointed:
  • scaryann1
    Options
    Well, it's been a couple days now and the Hydro is helping for about two hours after I take it, then it stops. :cry: But it sure has helped me get my calories in!

Last night Rick took me out to eat at our little "hole in the wall" town restaurant called Aces Country Cupboard. It's one of those small town places where the plates are bigger than your head and overflowing with food kind of places. For the first time ever I cleaned my plate! (Normally I take the chicken home to go in my breakfast potatoes) Two homemade baking powder biscuits, a scoop of mashed potatoes (approximately 3/4 of a cup) and lots of roast chicken with gravy over all of it and a half a cup of cottage cheese. And it's all homemade, no cans of junk in this place. (Carol Ace does most of the cooking here and she doesn't believe in convenience over quality) Those darn steroids had me practically licking the plate clean. LOL Yet even with all that I was still under my 2300 calories that MFP says I need to maintain the weight I'm at.
  • empressichel
    Options
    So sorry about your back inflammation.
    The place you went to eat sounds great! Glad you got to enjoy that.
    Ichel
    EM2WL Ambassador and moderator
  • scaryann1
    Options
    Weight = 290.8
    Up .2 pounds

Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) = 1917
    Daily calories to maintain weight (TDEE) = 2397
    Average calories = 2019
    Last weeks Average = 1920

Weight - April 286 pounds / Last week 290.6 pounds /Today 290.8/Total - Up .2 pounds Down 14.2 pounds since I started eating more in August 2015.
    Calf- April 20.5 inches / Last week 19.5 inches/Today 19.25 inches/Total -1.25 inches
    Thigh- April 30 inches / Last week 27.5 inches/Today 27 inches /Total - 3 inches
    Hips - April 58 inches /Last week 57 inches/Today 57.75 inches/Total - .25 inches
    Abdomen - April 51 inches / Last week 46 inches/ Today 46 inches/Total - 5 inches
    Waist - April 48 inches / Last week 46 inches/Today 46 inches/Total - 2 inches
    Forearm - April 13 inches / Last week 11.75 inches/Today 11.75 inches/Total - 1.25 inches

Another week down, where did it go? Not much to write about today, so I'll just wish everyone a great week!
  • empressichel
    Options
    Have a great week too Mary Ann!
    Ichel
    EM2WL ambassador and moderator
  • scaryann1
    Options
    I slipped yesterday getting out of the shower, today my middle finger is bent and slightly twisted... Maybe I should have had an x-ray? Nahh.gtnixjx4w4cl.jpg

I made this before I fell. It's for my brother's stocking for Christmas. Hoping to be able to make one for everyone on my Christmas list this year.
    woybjry5gaag.jpg

• empressichel
    Options
    Oh dear! Is your finger sore now?
    Love the craft work for the gift. How thoughtful.
  • scaryann1
    Options
    It's only sore if I try to use or bend it. LOL I put a finger tip splint on it. It helps some. Thanks, here are the ornaments that will go with the names: mmhqohdxd6up.jpg
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Looks painful. I hope it feel better!
    Beautiful art work, they will love it!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • scaryann1
    edited October 2016
    Options
    You know when you have "one of those days," the ones where you feel like nothing is happening? Well, I had one this morning, so I decided that since I forgot to take pictures last month, I'd take them early this month. I was looking at them and while I didn't see much difference in the regular pictures, I noticed that in a couple of them I had "sucked it in." So I decided to do another picture today with my gut "sucked in." This time I could see a difference, and it's not a slight one either!

That look on my face though. LOL

August 10th...
    dv9o3u7e18vb.jpg

Today...

zxx97tj0jarp.jpg

Even though the scale has been creeping up and my measurements have been stagnant, there is still changes going on! Don't give up.
  • empressichel
    Options
    Nice Mary Ann!
    That dress is getting looser every month! What a huge difference in your stomach area. And you are so right, sometimes the scale doesn't move, measurements don't move but changes are still visibly happening. Compound effect of our efforts is always building.
    Ichel
    EM2WL Ambassador and moderator
  • scaryann1
    Options
    Weight = 290.8
    0 pounds

Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) = 1917
    Daily calories to maintain weight (TDEE) = 2397
    Average calories = 2208
    Last weeks Average = 2019

Weight - April 286 pounds / Last week 290.8 pounds /Today 290.8/Total - 0 pounds Down 14.2 pounds since I started eating more in August 2015.
    Calf- April 20.5 inches / Last week 19.25 inches/Today 19 inches/Total -1.5 inches
    Thigh- April 30 inches / Last week 27 inches/Today 27 inches /Total - 3 inches
    Hips - April 58 inches /Last week 57.75 inches/Today 57 inches/Total - 1 inches
    Waist - April 48 inches / Last week 46 inches/Today 46 inches/Total - 2 inches
    Forearm - April 13 inches / Last week 11.75 inches/Today 11.5 inches/Total - 1.5 inches

Now if only I can keep my calories where they are for more than two weeks. Working on some new wire crafts today, hopefully that is. It depends on if the hands will cooperate. Hope everyone has a great week.
  • SoUl_ReBeL2021
    SoUl_ReBeL2021 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Is this group still active?
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

which group are you referring to?
    This thread, which you posted in, isnt a group. Its someones journey thread they wish to share.
    EM2WL which is the group this thread is listed under, is very much active:)
  • empressichel
    Options

If you mean the EM2WL group then yes! It's very active
  • scaryann1
    Options
    Weight = 289
    Down 1.8 pounds
    Last week = 290.8

Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) = 1909
    Daily calories to maintain weight (TDEE) = 2388
    Average calories = 1909
    Last weeks Average = 2208

Weight - April 286 pounds / Last week 290.8 pounds /Today 289/Total - 1.8 pounds Down 16 pounds since I started eating more in August 2015.
    Calf- April 20.5 inches / Last week 19 inches/Today 19 inches/Total -1.5 inches
    Thigh- April 30 inches / Last week 27 inches/Today 27 inches /Total - 3 inches
    Hips - April 58 inches /Last week 57 inches/Today 56 inches/Total - 2 inches
    Waist - April 48 inches / Last week 46 inches/Today 45 inches/Total - 3 inches
    Forearm - April 13 inches / Last week 11.5 inches/Today 12 inches/Total - 1 inches

Got some more wire to make finger splints, now my hands just need to cooperate and let me make them. Christmas is coming too quickly this year. We usually have shopping done by now, but not this year. I'm not fond of shopping. I hate spending money. LOL
  • brileylmt
    brileylmt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing great!!!