Sammy's OMAD Path

Options

Replies

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    If the scale will depress you, you might wait tell being on OMAD for 3-days then weigh. I can drop 3-4 lbs in 3-days on OMAD if I haven't been doing OMAD for awhile.

I wish I would've seen this before! That's actually brilliant because 3 days would've put me right at my weigh-in day anyway. The scale was UPUPUP, but I am weirdly not depressed. Probably because I have a plan like you said in my thread :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    If the scale will depress you, you might wait tell being on OMAD for 3-days then weigh. I can drop 3-4 lbs in 3-days on OMAD if I haven't been doing OMAD for awhile.

I wish I would've seen this before! That's actually brilliant because 3 days would've put me right at my weigh-in day anyway. The scale was UPUPUP, but I am weirdly not depressed. Probably because I have a plan like you said in my thread :)

No big deal. You understand whats happening!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Ya I'm trying to ditch the sugar without making it a rule....I no likey rules. You're doing awesome!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Also ditching sugar! We three can support each other :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Great attitude, Sammy! I shudder to think what I will see on the scale tomorrow, but I am getting back on track and leaving regrets behind.

That's exactly my plan!
  • katjustkat
    Options
    Also ditching sugar! We three can support each other :)

Yes...we'll give it a good try. I'm excited because my son is starting a no sugar or white stuff diet :p That means I don't have to have any of that in the house (he's a new high school teacher and I was putting cookies and such in his lunch...he said it helped with his stress) . Hubby doesn't do junk food....sooooo....if we want sugar we're gonna have to go seek it out of the house. Sure helps to not have it in the house....maybe you guys can ditch it all too?
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @katjustkat that’s awesome! I also used to teach high school English, but I stress ate bacon. :s
    I would love to not have it in the house, but my fiancé has a completely different body type! He can eat all the sugar he wants and not gain weight, but he also has a hard time gaining muscle. We’re total opposites. I don’t have to try that hard for strength, and he doesn’t have to try that hard for weight loss. He’s one of those guys who can drop 15 pounds by not drinking lemonade for a couple of weeks. When he really starts his journey in 2 weeks, he’s going to have to eat SO much to get where he wants to be.
    To be frank, though, sugar is already starting to lose its appeal once again, and that’s what seems to happen when I follow FAA. My appetite/sugar cravings decrease exponentially when I eat mostly whole foods.
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I loooooove sugar, if I can limit my access to it, I think that will be awesome sauce!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Sugar, I can take it or leave it. Cheese, chips, fries, peanut butter, anything savoury and salty, I cannot leave alone...
  • blambo61
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Great attitude, Sammy! I shudder to think what I will see on the scale tomorrow, but I am getting back on track and leaving regrets behind.

That's exactly my plan!

After 4-days of OMAD this morning I .....weighed the same! O well. I will not worry about it. I have still been eating a lot in the evenings though and it might take a little while to get my stomach smaller.
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi @sammygold2015,

I had a quick read through of your journal. You've done amazingly well so far. Great job on the losses including December's one.

Hope you have a good 2018 year ahead!
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Sugar, I can take it or leave it. Cheese, chips, fries, peanut butter, anything savoury and salty, I cannot leave alone...
    I loooooove sugar, if I can limit my access to it, I think that will be awesome sauce!

Ha, I love both salty and sugary. That's my problem!
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Based on what I read here, heartburn, migraine, you might be suffering from dehydration. I would suggest that you make sure that you are drinking enough water! MFP recommends 8 glasses a day. I think that might be about 2litres or more.
  • sammygold2015
    Options
    Abm4n wrote: »
    Based on what I read here, heartburn, migraine, you might be suffering from dehydration. I would suggest that you make sure that you are drinking enough water! MFP recommends 8 glasses a day. I think that might be about 2litres or more.

Thanks for the advice.
  • sammygold2015
    Options
    July - 12.5 lbs Lost
    August - 3.9 lbs Lost
    September - 4.7 lbs Lost
    October - 2.5 lbs Lost
    November - 3.1 lbs Lost
    December- 1.7 lbs lost

January
    Week 26- 177.6 (-3.8)
    Week 27-
    Week 28-
    Week 29-

Total Lost - 32.2 lbs lost

Been sick most of the week. Dr. Diagnosed me with walking pneumonia. So now I am deep into the steriods and antibiotics. Super fun.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Oh no! I wish for you a speedy recovery.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Nice loss and I hope your feeling better soon <3
  • blambo61
    Options
    Be real careful with that. I've had it and it can take a long time to recover. Get lots of sleep and drink lots of water. You might look into taking some elderberry extract. Do some google on elderberry and pneumonia. Talk to your Dr. before doing anything!
  • katjustkat
    Options
    Poor Sammy :( Hate Hate Hate being sick! I used to get sick all the time till my doc told me to take vitamin D3 everyday. Like night and day! Never sick anymore...not like before that's for sure. I hope you feel better soon.
  • blambo61
    Options
    katjustkat wrote: »
    Poor Sammy :( Hate Hate Hate being sick! I used to get sick all the time till my doc told me to take vitamin D3 everyday. Like night and day! Never sick anymore...not like before that's for sure. I hope you feel better soon.

I take vitamin D almost daily and I don't know if it helped (I take other stuff too) but I haven't been sick in a long time which is a miracle for me, especially while trying to run hard.