TEAM: Gutbusters (January)

Options
craigo3154
craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Craig @craigo3154.

Replies

• MoyMG
    MoyMG Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi to all new and returning members! I'm Moira, nickname Moy, 64-year-old divorced mother of two adult sons, retired north of Seattle. Wow, I fit all that into one sentence! I love the daily accountability of this challenge, and really appreciate @craigo3154 stepping up as chief moderator. I also "kinda" appreciate Craig's daily mini-strength exercises (HATE dips!) My goals this year, fitness-wise: establish a weekly strength routine to work with my weekly cardio routine, and lose enought weight (another 59 pounds) to start my body tuck surgeries to remove all this loose skin (I've already lost 156 pounds). Oh, and utilize my gym membership at least twice/week. Go, Gutbusters!
  • GoBlue1981
    GoBlue1981 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Old and New. I’m Amy, 36 (barely) and I live in FL with my bf and 4lb yorkie. I’m struggling through trying to lose my last 10lbs and have been at a plateau for about 3 months now after having lost 20lbs...which I had gained back after losing 90lbs a couple of years ago. I love the accountability of this group and the support it offers. I’m always checking in and reading how everyone is doing. I’m currently the team captain so if you need anything feel free to reach out to myself @smc92079 (Co-Captain) or @craigo3154 (Coach and Moderator).
  • MoyMG
    Options
    @GoBlue1981, @smc92079 , @craigo3154 , could one of you please change my weigh-in day from Wednesdays to Fridays? I'm taking part in a couple teams, and with my lousy memory, I need to align the weigh-in days so I don't inadvertently miss one! Thanks so much!
  • craigo3154
    Options
    December 29
    Exercised?: Yes. 5km in 42 mins (hills)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Slow walk today. Late evening. Very foggy.

Spent the morning helping another new drone pilot get in the air. So satisfying to see someone's first successful FPV flights.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for December 29 is dips ()

3 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 60% of the number you did in the first set (half, then another 10%), wait 2 mins
    • Third set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
  • MoyMG
    Options
    MoyMG
    Weigh in Friday
    Week 4 of December, Starting weight for January!
    Previous 274.8
    Current 274.2

Yay, it's going the right direction again!

Boo, today's mini challenge is dips! OK, I'll struggle through.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    December 30
    Exercised?: Yes. 6km in 46 mins (hills)

Normal pace again.

Quiet day at home for a change.

Daily Strength challenge

"Challenge for December 30 is squats (no weight - air squat - http://www.12minuteathlete.com/how-to-do-a-proper-air-squat/).
    You can do assisted squats (using a table or bench top to take weight off the knees if it is too much)."

3 sets
    • Second set of 60% of the number you did in the first set (half, then another 10%), wait 2 mins
    • Third set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I'm uncertain if I'm supposed to post here. In case, though, here's my last weigh in for December.

Username: Cardio_enthusiast
    Weigh in week: Dec Week 5
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Week's Weight: 173.5lbs
    Today's Weight: 173.4 lbs
  • craigo3154
    Options
    December 31
    Exercised?: Yes. 3.5km in 28 mins (hills)

Late walk after a busy day flying. Over 10,000 steps today.

Happy New Year.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for December 31 is sit-ups or crunches (abs day - be sure to use a mat or towel for cushioning - )

2 sets
    • Second set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)

The reason for only 2 sets for this exercise is that it ideally should be balanced with back strengthening exercises (which plank variants provide).
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I have been a part of the challenge, since November, and benefited by the accountability here.
    I have lost 9 pounds so far but I have been stuck for the past few weeks as I was not doing exercise but only taking care of my diet.I will try my best this time.
    Good Luck!

• MoyMG
    Options
    Dec 31st:

Exercise: yes, walking plus household chores plus abs (plus wall planks for core strength, I do them daily now)
    Tracking: every bite
    Calories: over my daily allowance, boo! Fortunately, this was the last gathering, and I kept miunching rice cakes to avoid the sweets. Didn't eat all my exercise calories, at least.

Happy New Year to everyone!
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    31-Dec

Exercise: 80 minutes of cross country skiing
    Calories: within my goal
    Tracking: yes
  • GoBlue1981
    GoBlue1981 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
  • smc92079
    smc92079 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Username: smc92079
    Weigh in Week: January Week 1
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 211.2
    Current Weight: 208.4

Happy new year everyone! Back to focusing!
  • brunchowl
    brunchowl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Username: brunchowl
    Week 1 January
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Last week: 208.8
    Today: 207
This discussion has been closed.