Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Gawanne35
    Gawanne35 Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Bon jour JACKIE - I'm just above you and it's English!! 🙄Anne. Love the smart spa dogs!
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Bonjour Anne, sa va?

About to do some hedge trimming!
    Jackie
  • Gawanne35
    Options
    It goes well today Jackie, apart from a bit of a twinge from the lurking sciatica. Lol. Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,031 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday! :) Chilly but sunny day. I am picking up groceries before my meeting today so I can go visit Joe in his garage with the heater I loaned him to keep us warm. My friend had another fall yesterday and has a crack in her shoulder, not fractured so they put her in a sling and sent her home. She had her daughter's dog and when bringing her home instead of letting her just run out of the car to the house my friend put her on a leash. The dog dragged her and she hit her shoulder on concrete. It could have been worse so I hope she recovers quickly.
    I got my new tires and I feel my car is driving better, so we will see. I still would love to buy a Honda CRV but not sure I want car payments. In the meantime I am trying to save some money if I do decide. I just don't know enough about cars to know if it is a good deal or not. I don't want a new one but a used one with lower miles. Bob, can you help me???? lol

Jackie, love the doggies spa coats but thought at first they were for outside in the cold.

Anne and Jackie, do you both speak French? I am impressed.

Time to eat since I have an earlier pickup time today. Have a wonderful day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Gawanne35
    Options
    I think Jackie speaks French SANDY, me, just the odd word but I can read quite a bit or at least get the gist.

My order just arrived with Dorio. Jilly very excited and she got a stroke and a quick chase around the coffee table, her favourite game. Everything I ordered came and looking at the site for ideas for Christmas for Maria etc I see their gift packages are becoming available. Next week!! We can always eat chocolate, nuts and packets of cookies etc. They also deliver beer and liquor so that's something else to consider as a gift. Harry would love the beer but I DONT buy Harry a Christmas gift! The Longo store must be very popular because they have just widened their horizons for delivery. I love them to pieces and the fresh food I get with excellent "eat by" dates. Very lucky. This is the Second no delivery charge since I joined as a member.

Just debating what to have for lunch/dinner. Veggies all cleaned. Oh and I got two packets of Jacob Cream Crackers (made in the UK) my favourite. They had been out of stock.

Anne and Miss Jilly Bean.🙂🐶

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,079 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Hello, I was going to post earlier but the phone rang. The usual Thursday morning call with a friend from our coffee group. Long conversations about a number of topics. She is still considering returning the cat she adopted to the Rescue League. She wants a cuddly cat and she said she was told this cat loved to spend time with people. Well, the cat hardly comes out from under the bed and my friend says she has no use for a cat that won’t spend time with her. Fingers crossed that the cat will capitulate a bit very soon! I suggested trying to play with her and putting a cardboard box near her chair in the living room. Laser pointers, catnip toys, etc. Anyone have a sure way to get a cat to become more friendly? I am more a dog person and only had one cat who was young and crazy. Couldn’t get her to calm down and sleep under the bed.

Yes, it would be fun to post in French Anne. I am rusty but enjoy following some pages in French on Facebook. Undergraduate degree in French/English. Most of the courses were literature. I read so many depressing books! 🤣😂🤣. Congratulations on your lovely grocery order along with attention for Jilly. Couldn’t be better! I wonder if delivery people will be available on a consistent basis this winter? We have both Covid and the regular flu now. Schools are switching back from in person to either hybrid or online. Have fun sorting through the things you might order for the holidays Anne! Order sooner rather than later?

Sandy, congrats on the new tires! I am glad the car rides better now. You didn’t ask my advice about a car but I would think long and hard before taking on payments, even with very low interest rates. Buying outright would be my style but I will say my friends ordered their car (SUV) through the Costco program and are very happy with it. I don’t know anything about the financing part of it.

Jackie, I love the spa like drying towels. Adorable. And they both look great. Thanks to George and Betty for modeling.

Barbie, great stock up! I think I am stocked up on Kleenex, paper towels, and TP for the winter 🤞🏻. You cannot always get a preferred brand but you have something. I had tried to get one container of Seventh Generation wipes and everyone in the area is out of them. I did order a container through Walmart, sold by another vendor, and I hope I have not been scammed.

Patsy, greetings to you and your family. I have been thinking of your son and hoping he is staying healthy.

Bob, hi🙋🏼‍♀️

Greeting to the rest of the Sneakers.

Will be back with a teapot a bit later.

Lin
    ❤️❤️
  • linder4866
    Options
    Teapot of the day. No information given. I just liked the Scottie dogs.

opbymqrqff9v.jpeg

Me again.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    All the regular duties completed early. Heading out in a few minutes with Jean for some errands…then back for lunch. Weather is colder, but no rain – so I am a happy camper! Over 12,000 steps (makes up for yesterday shortage).

THURSDAY LUNCH (Ready for later) Boneless Ham center slice, Green Beans, squash, Organic Spring Mix, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Radish, celery, cucumber, red onion, peppers, pimentos, balsamic spray, Dole - Pineapple pieces (no sugar).

zoj1g77i5zwr.jpg

Barbie – Sorry about the shortages. We have item limits etc but pretty much reasonably stocked. As for brands – I think we all have our preferences and that can be difficult. I may have to catch the Trebeck 20/20 as I missed it. I had set the dvr to tape the CMA’s last night but something went wrong and it didn’t. Most award shows aren’t what they use to be so I record and fast-forward to the people I like. I am sure that will repeat. Hope supplies improve in the near future for you.

Anne – Totally agree. I think it is sad so many young people don’t have a clue of the prices paid for our freedoms. Some do…but so many don’t. I talk with a LOT of young people (dozens on a weekly basis) and walk away impressed with a few and shaking my head over the rest. Their history knowledge is often limited and they like headline/twitter length news…

As for dressing – Jean makes a mean one. But it reminded me of one relative of Jeans that made the worst dressing ever. It was long ago and she has passed away – just picture green colored bread mixed with hot water – end of prep. She told me her secret – she didn’t ruin her dressing with seasoning like other people. LOL Hope that “lurking sciatica” doesn’t give you much trouble.

Jackie – That’s me – always early to the grocery store and picking up any items I might need within a few days. The only time I ran into problems was not thinking 2 days ahead. I eat way more veggies etc than Jean so I only buy small quantities and it all works out because groceries are in the same plaza as gym – that way my apples etc are fresh. Glad to see you are keeping Betty & George “styling”.

Sandy – Happy Thursday – Chilly but sunny is how today has been this afternoon. You had me at “chocolate, nuts, beer and liquor.” Like Harry, I love craft beer…but pretty much gave it up when I started low-carb IF. But that left open the occasional Jack at a wedding or dinner. I consider us very lucky when it comes to not needing delivery service. I do have friends across town that find it easier for them under their circumstances.

Lin – Back at ya – HI! You sound like Jean when it comes to a good phone conversation with a friend. Actually, her BFF of 40-50 yrs moved to Va and they “both” watch “The Voice” on TV at the same time on Mondays (visiting etc.). Works good for me – I am usually watching an old movie from the 30-40’s or Classic’s like Lawrence of Arabia / Godfather / anything Clint Eastwood (lol).

Your friends adopted cat is our Sabrina to a T. Our last 2 cats that passed away, we had for over 20 yrs. Sabrina was apparently abused and it took a few years before she established a real relationship with Jean. Any movement (just move a paper) and she will run and hide. Jean has the ability to talk in a certain high pitch I can’t duplicate She will lay with Jean etc now – but again – it took years. She still spends the bulk of the day in a special closet she likes – comes to life more during the night. My relationship is more “Fancy Feast” food dispenser. She will go to the center of the room and stare at me until I serve her… LOL. Not at all like the other 2 “cuddly” cats and most people would have returned. I just call it our good deed as I think she would have been put to sleep. She has a great life from her perspective and as odd as it seems, I do love that she is around.

Enjoy the day! Bob
  • linder4866
    Options
    Well, I do not think you will be thrilled to see my latest purchase. I grew up in the town near this University. It had many names over the years, starting as a college and my mom purchased a sweatshirt for me in my youth when it was SCI and I wore it for years. I spent time on campus while in high school and ultimately got a BA there. Returning later for to complete a MBA. I like all the various graphics which trigger so many memories. So, sorry, just a nostalgia thing for me but I like it.

48ruiocgan6m.jpeg

It is nice to have something new and cozy.

Lin
    ❤️❤️

P.S. I texted with a friend who is a cat fancier. She advised me to tell our mutual friend to just have a lot of patience and the cat will come around. A couple of weeks is not enough. So we will see. Thanks for your story Bob. I don’t think I will pass your experience along to my impatient friend.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    I’ve just read the email from Patsy and John and am relieved they are safe and well but wonder what’s going on with MFP to keep them away from us.

My level of French language is what we call schoolgirl French, in other words I attended classes where we were taught verbs parrot fashion and sentences like the pen is on the table or the door is closed. Not much use in most conversations so mine was never put to good use!

Lin, your friend’s cat has been mistreated at some time in its life and I’m afraid to say it doesn’t sound like she’s the right person to home what’s obviously a terrified cat. As with Bob’s Sabrina It takes years of patience and sometimes they never learn to trust so then it’s a matter of being content to feed and house the poor creature without any expectations.
    Fabulous Scottie dog tea set. When I walk my two pooches round the village we often meet Mackie who chats to us from his front garden who apparently shares his groomer with George!

Great grocery delivery Anne, especially the cream crackers. I hope you have some mature cheddar to go with them!

Your visits to Joe’s garage have become very organised Sandy and sweet that you’ve loaned him a heater. New tyres were a good purchase if you can feel the difference. Sorry to read about your friend’s accident that sounds very painful. Excited dogs can be dangerous!

Plans for tomorrow include walking, purchasing pet food and hopefully painting the back wall of my cottage since my neighbour has offered to help. We might even get some sunshine which means I can hang a washing load out to dry!
    I’ll try to get to bed earlier tonight. 😴
    Jackie
  • Gawanne35
    edited November 2020
    Options
    When I obtained my then 5 yr old Tabitha she had been in a cage for 7 months. No one wanted an abused little cat. I brought her home and she started off very aloof but 12 years later I had to say goodbye to a delightful companion. I was heartbroken. Two years later Jilly bounced into my life. All of our pets, dogs, cats, ducks, budgies etc have been delightful. I think of them often. I also think if a human doesnt have the insight to see that these little animals have been mistreated in their past and need time to realize the people in their new home are not going to hurt or discard them, then a person shouldn't even consider getting an animal purely for their amusement. That's my view anyway.
    Anne. 🐕🐕🐕🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈🕊🦆🦆🐓🐓🐓🐓🐓🐓🐓🐓🐓🐖and Jilly Bean.

When I got off my "box" I found JACKIE had beaten me to it again. My "French" was taught exactly like yours Jackie. Our teacher was a returning war veteran. I learnt a love of Shakespeare from him, so I guess he was better at teaching 16th century English than French. I vaguely remember yelling with the other girls "comme allez vous Monsieur Brown" and him looking as if he would rather be back in the army than with grubby 12 year old girls yelling back at us "Tres bien merci". Bet I've spelt the French effort wrongly! Hey it's a long long time ago! lol.
  • Gawanne35
    Options
    I think the virus is affecting MFP. Instead of french I got gobbledygook a moment ago!
  • Sandydur
    Options
    I did not get an email from Patsy. Are they having problems getting on?
  • linder4866
    Options
    Sandydur wrote: »
    I did not get an email from Patsy. Are they having problems getting on?

Yes.....Patsy is working with tech support.
  • Gawanne35
    Options
    I Got Patsys message SANDY and you are on the send to list.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Got it!’n
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Hello! I got back in at last. Missed our chats and hearing about what is the latest in your part of the world.
    Patsy☘️
  • Gawanne35
    Options
    Welcome "home". PATSY.....Anne.
  • Sandydur
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I managed to get ahold of Buzz,she answered her room phone but she is really out of it. She said she doesn’t know who she is, she knows she is Barbara but doesn’t know who she is. I told her to just remember her good memories of Mike and she said she does. She remembers the sneakers and loves all of us. It was really kind of sad but did tell her we all love her. She did recognise my voice so she is still there somewhere. I asked if she was in assisted living but she didn’t know. I told her several of us were calling and she said if she hears the phone she will answer. So if you want her room number it is the same as Jackie gave us. She is our monarch and this is a tough time for her. She sounded great but very confused. I know we all love Buzz.
  • Gawanne35
    Options
    Very very sad about BUZZ, (Barbara), SANDY. I thought of phoning, would liked to have phoned, but decided not to add my voice because although we have communicated by email in the past she wouldn't recognize my accent and she would become more confused. I think of her often and maybe you could offer my love, but I'm not so sure she will remember me.
    Growing old is the darnedest thing isn't it for a lot of us, therefore we must enjoy every precious minute of each and every day as we continue our journey.
    Anne.