Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,363 Member
    edited December 2021
    A card that fits with your Christmas article Jackie. Santa Claus is not giving gifts here.

fo96xf5gqqbr.jpeg
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night,
    Patsy, John and Katie❤️
  • JillyBurg6
    JillyBurg6 Posts: 186 Member
    edited December 2021
    Alas I didn't get a pony, but I've got the Bean to give me a workout.

ANNE AND THE FAMILY WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY PEACEFUL DAY. GOD BLESS US EVERY ONE.

• jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,884 Member
    edited December 2021
    Hilarious Lin! I always knew those Victorians thought children should be seen and not heard! No pony for me either but that’s just as well!

We got so wet walking this morning both pooches had to be dried with my hair blower… me too!
    Sipping coffee and Baileys catching up with friends on FaceTime.
    Have a wonderful day Anne.

Jackie 🤶🏻🎄💕

A white Christmas in Scotland!
    un2ap5792qes.jpeg
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,148 Member
    :) Merry Christmas to all. We don't celebrate holidays but Jake likes to have a special meal on Christmas. We bought a small pre-sliced, pre-cut ham to serve with packaged mashed potatoes, frozen vegetables, olives, and Grands biscuits,

:) It is cold enough here that the roads are a bit icy. I'll be walking on the gravel and treading carefully when we cross the streets. Fortunately Bessie will walk only in the grassy field behind the house so when I go for my long walk, I'll have only Sasha with me. My morning dog walking friend just called to say that she won't walk with us because of the icy roads. I have podcasts to listen to so it will still be a great walk. Snow is predicted for later in the day and overnight.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • JillyBurg6
    Pouring with rain here, but thats okay. The day is starting wonderfully with John Lennon and the children wishing us all "a very merry Christmas and a happy new year, lets hope its a good one WITHOUT ANY FEAR."
    Just heard that the JWST launched successfully. Hope I'm still around if it reveals the mystery of the universe.

Anne.
  • linder4866
    edited December 2021
    I am watching my old favorite Christmas movies in B&W. Finished”Miracle on 34th Street” and am now watching “A Christmas Carol” with Alastair Sim.

Surprise, I have watched this many times but never realized that the actor playing the part of young Marley is one my favorite actors

Young Patrick Macnee as young Jacob Marley in "A Christmas Carol" (1951) with Alistair Sim.
    b34qktx1p1ui.jpeg

• jacAth3
    Alongside George Cole Lin. Did you ever watch Minder, a very English drama series with lots of humour? I discovered Mary Poppins was a 2008 remake of some sort so instead watched The Secret Life of Pets 2. Laughed out loud!

Bedtime for me and my menagerie 💤💤 Jackie
  • linder4866
    edited December 2021
    My bad Jackie, I didn’t pay much attention to young Scrooge. And no, I know nothing about George Cole’s career in film and television so I’d not heard of ‘Minder.’ I see Amazon sells DVDs of several seasons but it is difficult to find any place that streams the show.

Time for me to move upstairs. I have worn out my eyes today. Finished reading a book and watched many movies!

Hope everyone had a good day.

hawcv101r2iy.jpeg

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,272 Member
    93jp6k5duiv8.jpg

Had a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Went to Rob and Lisa's for breakfast this morning at ten and am just getting home at 8:30pm. Ate lots of food, played virtual reality and watched a movie.
    I hope your Christmas was as good as mine.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,148 Member
    u91pzy6fjzrd.jpg
    Our backyard early this morning
  • jacAth3
    Beautiful Barbie but I hope you walked safely. ☃️
    Jackie
  • JillyBurg6
    Me, the early riser after an evening of too much good food including the most delicious English rifle I have ever tasted and much merriment over a party game and the opening of the surprise $30 gifts [I got a Van Gogh jigsaw and a large Chocolate drink mix which I refused to let anyone steal off me] finally got home much too late for an old lady. Which means I'm up but Jilly after a drink of water and a pee tottered back to bed. Alas, we two are not natural party girls. She and the giant puss [now twice her size] rubbed noses and shared food bowls and got on most amiably for a feline and a canine. Lovely to see.
    I think its time I staggered off for my shower. Christmas comes but once a year, thankfully!

Anne.
  • Sandydur
    edited December 2021
    Happy Sunday! :) Had a little trouble with my wireless keyboard but got it fixed. Today is a day of rest except for a zoom call with my family. I am tempted to just keep my jammies on but will probably put on something more acceptable. I hope everyone had a great Christmas whether with family or just enjoying the peace of the day. I ate too much food and continue to do so with Christmas cookies my friend gave to me. I am not posting on pound a week until after the new year because I plan on eating more.
    The kiddos had a wonderful Christmas, Santa was more than generous to them. Robby does not believe anymore but Lisa explained Christmas is in his heart and to not ruin it for his younger siblings.
    We sang happy birthday to Jesus so I was happy about that. I just hope next Christmas doesn't come as fast as this Christmas did. I am not going to see anyone until Sue gets tested just to be safe. it is hard to get an appointment right now with this new variant but she has an appointment for Tuesday. I really believe she is fine and shows no symptoms but better to be safe than sorry. I want to take Joe for lunch but as he is 97 I want to be sure. I think I will go for another test tomorrow just to be sure I am safe to be around him. Let's just say Christmas is wonderful but I am glad it's over.

Have a great day and stay healthy and safe.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    Happy Boxing Day.

I attended church online this morning. It was a good service and I do love to see all the familiar decorations in the sanctuary.

I did go through each of my cards yesterday and put my very favorites up on the fireplace mantle. I re-read the notes and Christmas letters. One lady sent quite a number of extended family photos from last year. In truth, all of her relatives live in Wisconsin and I have never met any of them. She spoke of them when we worked together but she didn’t share photos. I am thinking of calling another former co-worker to see if she got the same photos and if she has a hint. I am guessing she probably has more information.

Yesterday sounds like a pretty active day for Sandy and Anne. I am glad you enjoyed your day and ate some treats.

Barbie, the snowfall looks lovely against your fence. I hope you had a good walk again today. I really like your fence by the way.

Patsy, the celebrating continues? Wishing you well.

Jackie, thanks for the movie info. I did find one DVD to order that should be a good sample of ‘Minders.’ Glad you enjoyed the movie you selected.

This sums up a good portion of my day:

xv8arprwfcvr.jpeg

I made a leap forward in the design for one of my Christmas cards for next year. I am producing some pieces now to try it out.

Meanwhile, a new teapot without a Holiday theme.

wc8fwypm2qw0.jpeg

Wishing you safe and happy days.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

• jacAth3
    Happy Sunday everyone. I heard a comment on the radio today that Boxing Day is the first week day after Christmas, never Sunday but since then every DJ has referred to it being today so who knows! A shorter walk this morning because I knew the moors would be too busy but also the Cheesewring pub that sits next to the car park had a major fire and I father the roof collapsed so there will be a lot of gawping folk hanging about. No injuries thankfully but low water pressure while the firefighters fought the flames.

When we got home my neighbours dropped by and we exchanged presents. I received a beautiful pug dog cushion and 1000 piece jigsaw plus a tiny felt dog in George’s shape. I managed to get laundry out on the washing line but drizzle arrived an hour later so it’s now hanging in front of the dining room fire. Another jigsaw I received is just 250 pieces called a Cheesy puzzle as the picture is a display of a variety and I’ve spent time this afternoon putting it together.

Sandy, I have weighed myself because otherwise mine can get out of control but today has been a clearing up time, eating to get rid, so tomorrow I’ll start back on salads! 🥱

I do like the shape of today’s teapot Lin. Pretty flowers too.

Nearl 9pm and I want to watch a new BBC drama called A Very British Scandal, unlike the English scandal that Hugh Grant was amazing in. This time it’s about the Duchess of Argyll and attitudes towards women in the past.

Have a good evening everyone.
    Jackie 🥰
  • Sandydur
    By the way, I watched the Call the Midwife Christmas special last night and loved it.
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Hi there! We had a wonderful Christmas. The snow and bitter cold come and is threatening. So Damon had to make a quick retreat. Sad for us! He will call when he makes it over the coast range. Thick heavy snow and several inches deep!

Now I am gathering towels, sheets, doggie blankets & towels, glasses and plates from lunch and in bathrooms. Whew! I have a lot of clean up for such a quick visit.

It is total Christmas card pretty outside. Odd for us here on the coast. We have not seen snow in at least 5 or 6 years.

Damon is going to give us a list of TV commercials and movies telling which parts he worked on. Since he does animation, he only does small sequences. Fun to see and know his participation.

Daughter is making a design for a knitted shawl. It is to looking like a paisley design and has a ruffle around the whole thing. Very pretty.
    Patsy☘️
  • JillyBurg6
    Good morning and snow falling for the next few days apparently. Derek is now in Ottawa spending four days with Bevs family. Jilly and I are feeling like ourselves after a couple of days of rich food and just like Jackie we are back to a regular diet. Our tummies are saying thank you. Yesterday was spent on the phone communicating with the few close family members left - cousins - in the old country, and today feels appropriate to have a go at the Van Gogh jigsaw AFTER I've been through the shelves looking for out-of date food items to chuck out for 2022. A new year and hopefully a new start for the old world.

I guess a busy day for us ladies. Don't overdo it! there's always tomorrow.
    Anne.

• linder4866
    edited December 2021
    Had a stormy night! The loudest thunderstorms with lightning and booming thunder claps! Very odd for December 26th. Rain, snow, ice, who knows what will arrive next. All are possibilities.

I am working on the needed early January birthday card. And I am cutting out more stars, angels, and background. I finished my second library book so would like to return them while the weather is okay.

Apparently bad weather is also an epidemic in the United States. Stay safe Anne and Patsy. Barbie, I hope the snow has stopped. Sandy, are you in store for the same type of weather as we are having?

Jackie, our calendars have Boxing Day on the 26th but it is not a holiday here I don’t believe. I read something that said the day is the first work day after Christmas in the U.K. As it is a national holiday?

A Max photo posted recently. He is such a calm doggie but I he is starting to look a bit older and has had a number of little health issues in the last months.

0fcawiij3e0v.jpeg

Anyway, wishing everyone safe and healthy days.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

Teapot! The Humber Bridge

k3we2b441zzq.jpeg