Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,091 Member
    Options
    Hello, getting ready to plant tomato plants when the sun is off the deck a bit. Today is reportedly our best weather day of the week.

I am having Internet connection problems today. Either not connected or very slow speeds mst of the time.

I had a notice that some of my personal information had showed up on the dark web. This from the subscription service I have that monitors such things. Trying to login to see what was afoot took forever as pages wouldn’t load. Found out finally it was my old, now disconnected, cell phone number. Glad it was nothing worse. That’s 2 notices in the last month each with one of my telephone numbers.

Barbie, I hope everything goes well for Jake and that he will be home soon with problem(s) resolved.

Anne, wow, you are such an industrious gardener. I hope those rocks can stay where they are now. Enough moving. Congratulations on the parsnip seedlings. 😁

I stayed up a while last night to watch the lunar eclipse. Trouble was that I didn’t have binoculars or a telephoto lens. It was interesting but just sort of a little circle up there getting smaller.

Hopefully this post will go through. 🤞🏻

Be safe everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

iscdoq6365lu.jpeg
  • linder4866
    Options
    Nope, my post was lost. Sorry. Must get out there to pot up some plants.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

ysyq7ty40dgw.jpeg
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I just lost my post! It simply just vanished as I was getting ready to post reply.
    Patsy☘️
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,042 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Happy Monday! I swore I posted this morning but evidently not. Beautiful day today spent a few hours by the pool with Dexter. Nice and relaxing floating on a raft and throwing the ball for Dexter to swim. All showered up and clean enjoying a glass of wine. Four more days of just doing nothing although I am taking Zack and Jordan out to eat Wednesday to get out of the house. My daughter is sending beautiful pictures from Alaska, first on land and now on a cruise. She said she isn’t worried about Dexter at all since I am with him. He is just so lovable and sleeps almost on top of me. I will miss him.

Barbie, I think you have been through this before with Jake as I have with Babe. I forgot how many stents he has but a few. 🙏🙏for you and Jake.

Anne, please be careful superwoman, you are doing an awful lot lately.

Jackie, beautiful garden.💕

Lin, I am sorry you lost your post.

Patsy, hope all is well.

Time for dinner, have a good night.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • JillyBurg7
    JillyBurg7 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Morning everybody. I'm just catching up on 2 years of lost time SANDY ! The gardening season is so short over here one enjoys whilst one can before the heat and then the freeze sets in.
    I must try and find some bird seed. Loads of birds visit my safe haven. I'm particularly enjoying Mama and Papa Cardinals.
    Not much going on here but tomorrow livens up when I see Doctor Tim yet again and no doubt on to the blood clinic. Ugh.
    Hope today is a good day and a peaceful one.
    Anne.
  • JillyBurg7
    Options
    Whoops, just realized the doctor's appt is Thursday! good job I checked! Losing it!
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!😀 Same old, same old. I have to admit as much as I love Dexter I am ready to go home. Of course I don’t leave until Saturday morning but I am getting a little bored. Looking forward to dinner out tomorrow. At least I will have a tan when I go home and should be ready for when our pool opens.

Anne, I can understand that, summer is too short for most of us, just be careful please.

Time to eat, have a good day everyone.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    :) Jake is home. Our friend picked him up at 5 PM. They put in a stent (he has others from before), scheduled him for a nuclear imaging on Wednesday (he can drive himself to that) and may have to do more stuff later that will involve another invasive procedure. He can't drive til later today. Thank you for all your good wishes. I enjoyed my hours at home alone and now am grateful that he is here with us again.

<3 Barbie
  • JillyBurg7
    Options
    Great news BARBIE and JAKE.

After all that heat its downright chilly here. Chilly enough for me to dig out a winter polo neck jumper.
    Glad the tomatoes are still with us indoors!
    Anne.
  • jwubben6600
    Options
    After my long post yesterday that somehow got caught in a internet whirlwind and blew away, I have no idea what I told you. Forgive me if I am repeating old news.

We have partly cloudy and a bit chilly today. On our news they remark daily about our cold wet spring. It feels like early spring right now. Our rhododendrons have not bloosemed yet. Except for a large white early variety. All the other colors of our rhododendrons are still in tight little buds. The grass is still very wet and tall…it is going to be a real challenge to get it cut.

Damon’s visit was a tonic for me. He is an incredible mix of my personality and John’s. He sees himself in both of us. he did a lot of tiny chores for us. Things that require a bit more strength than we process. Note-ably those light bulbs that require a ladder to replace etc. next is an additional sound bar for the TV. The speakers on the TV are not great for our old ears. Damon says most TV speakers are not great. I think he was just being kind. Both John and seem to have lost a bit of hearing in some of the high register. Damon is now dealing with the hiring problem most companies are struggling with. The interview and finding people with training is time consuming and frustrating.

I am now back to lifting my little weights. Again, Damon to the rescue. He looked at my exercise routine and gave me some suggestions. He had a personal trainer for a few years until the pandemic. He also has put on some weight that he is trying to shed. And he, by necessity, is sedentary for long periods in front of a computer. At a certain age that translates to inevitable weight gain. Soooooo is this a family trait?

Everyone’s healthy activities is an inspiration and I am Impressed by your dedication. I wish we had a bit more sun and warmth but that may not be happening for a while. So we must press on and the sun will come out soon. I will try to do a little bit of clean up on my sad flower beds each day when it is humanly possible. Drenching rain, not withstanding! A lesson from the sneaker gardeners. Thank you.

Brief personal notes…so very glad Jake and Barbie are doing well. Anne, I am impressed that you have done so much digging etc. I know you will have a beautiful little veggie garden. Jackie: Planning your delightful journey with dear George to accompany you, GREAT! Sandy: hope you return soon with a tan and ready to swim at your own pool. I assure you that you have been missed. Lin: thank you for sharing your allergy efforts. I have heard similar stories about those tests and shots. Self education is still the best, I think.
    Patsy☘️🏋️‍♂️🏋️‍♂️🏋️‍♂️🏋️‍♂️☔️☔️

• jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,694 Member
    Options
    A lazy day for me apart from a long climb to the top moors with George and Betty. It was dry and mild but windy too. As I popped them back into my car I saw a dog walker called Ian with his beautiful fluffy Husky Nuke coming in my direction so waited for him to reach me and chat for 5 minutes. He told me all sorts of gossip about the local pub that had a major fire Christmas Eve and why the owners are now getting a divorce! It’s too dangerous to go inside the building which means an insurance investigation can’t take place so no pay out but most locals think it was set deliberately anyway so there’s no sympathy for them! Ian referred to the man as Putin because of all the lies which made me laugh! On the way home I stopped at the farm shop for milk and locally produced natural yogurt but seeing they had a trays of petunias, bought one for a hanging basket and just managed to pot them and hang it up before rain arrived.
    I again picked kale leaves and a mix of herbs to add to a green salad for lunch so am hopeful that by Friday I will have lost at least another pound. 🤞🏻
    Tomorrow looks a better day so I’ll put overnight laundry on and hopefully get the grass cut and hens mucked out. My peas that I’ve grown in a length of plastic gutter are ready to be planted out then I will go through the same process with Mange tout.

Barbie, I’m delighted to read Jake’s home after his procedure and hope the next round is just as worry free for you both.

Lin, I’ve watched Dan and Victoria’s latest video and was struck by how pleasant Moldova looks in a Victoria’s bits. Dan is certainly having to work for his stay but seems to be enjoying himself, although I did get tearful when he told us about the Ukrainian man staying at the same farm whose wife died in January but although he’s missing her terribly is glad she hasn’t seen what’s happening to their country. Then there’s an 88 year old Ukrainian granny that’s been working with them and the cheerful Romanian refuse collectors waving to him!

Hello to everyone else. I’ve been watching a scary YouTube video showing ghosties and strange, unexplained events caught on CCTV last year. Just as it finished George lifted his head and growled towards the door into my garden room so I decided it was time to lock up even though we still have daylight!! 👻

Jackie 🥰

• jwubben6600
    Options
    I forgot to post Katie’s photo after her latest grooming session. This is really a badge of accomplishment for me! Finishing up a grooming session is frustrating and exhausting. How do dog groomers do it all day…day in-day out?
    Patsy☘️😱🦮🦮🦮🦮🎾🎾🎾🎾
  • jwubben6600
    Options
    Katie! Groomed and ready for a ball game!
    Patsy☘️
  • jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,694 Member
    Options
    Fabulous Patsy… and a lovely wet nose!

Jackie 🥰
  • JillyBurg7
    Options
    Pretty girl PATSY. Well done.
  • linder4866
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Good evening. I have been working on cards all day that need to go out soon. Graduation cards are finished (including a trip to the bank to get the $$). Birthday card for a friend just about finished. Started on a ‘thinking of you’ card a friend recovering from surgery.

Also several conversations with friends I hadn’t been in touch with for a while.

Some church business squeezed inbetween the rest of this and I watched the YouTube video today as well Jackie.

I agree with you 100%, there were some touching moments when talking about home. Everyone seems so even keeled and taking everything that’s tossed their way with poise. The atmosphere on the farm seems so easy going and friendly even though they are working very hard. I can see why he would like it there.

Patsy, good job with the grooming. Katie looks just lovely. And I am glad you had a good visit with Damon. He is a real spark for you and John isn’t he? Lots of good ideas and he is capable of doing so much. I hope he gets back to see you again soon. My friend told me today that she has hired help from a lawn service company that offers hand weeding and clearing out of flower beds and landscaping plantings. Apparently a 2-woman crew will be at her house soon to clean up the flower beds and such that she has been unable to keep up with the last several years. That sounds wonderful to me. I wonder if other companies offer that service?

Anne, you really are whipping that garden into shape now, what sprouted today? May 20th will arrive soon. Will the weather be good so you will be able to plant your tomatoes? The chill today doesn’t sound promising. Did you find any bird seed today? What a nice summer you will have!

Barbie. Wonderful news that Jake is getting along well. Best wishes on continued good results. ❤️❤️

Sandy, ready to come home, well, it won’t be long. That is a cute and smart dog, could you teach him some new tricks before you leave for home? 😄

Well, must move along. A service man is coming tomorrow to work on my generator, annual maintenance contract.

Be safe everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

d87qoh0wf3gw.jpeg

• Sandydur
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! 😀 It’s going to be a hot one today so I can do a little swimming since the water finally is warm after the rain. I mostly just float but I even get too hot doing that. Dexter loves the water so he stays cool. He does rest once he gets tired but he plays for a long time. Waiting to hear from Zack whether he is working late like yesterday or if we are going for dinner.

Lin, love that tea set, very cute. I am trying to teach Dexter not to bark at every little thing by saying shush and it seems to be working. I haven’t tried give me paw or lay down to know if he does that but will today. 👍

Patsy, great job on the grooming, it sure saves you a bundle of money. I know Babe misses me but at least his daughter was in from California for four days. He said it was great seeing her and he already misses her. I am glad Damon was there to help with chores and exercise.

Jackie, maybe Vivian, if I got her name right, made an appearance to George. But always better to be safe than sorry.

Barbie, glad all went well for Jake and hope all future procedures do the same.

Anne, it is rainy and chilly back in Schaumburg where I live so I am soaking up as much sun as I can.

Enjoy your day and stay safe.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jwubben6600
    Options
    Hello dearest sneakers! Today again, showers with overcast skies. But it has a bit of sun peeking out between the clouds on occasion, so that is good. Still unseasonably chilly.

Had a nail-biting evening. The governor candidate that I support and do a very tiny bit of volunteer work for was running in a large group of competitors this primary election. She won! But it was a squeaker! Oregon has a lot going on this election. But people generally don’t bother with primary elections. In Oregon you must declare a party to vote. To me it is a vital election. If you don’t have good candidates, you are in trouble. It starts at the primary. Okay enough of my passion on politics,

We miss Damon but the silly thing is Katie. She gets so depressed when Damon and Miski walk out that door. She cries and does that mournful sad howl. She lies around with her head on my feet most of the day. Poor baby. They are part of her pack. I know how she feels.

Today I am back to cutting hair. This time John’s hair. He is very bald but still needs regular trimming. I started trimming his hair at the beginning of the pandemic. Now there is no going back. He loves the relaxing time in my dungeon, music or a TV show while I cut his hair. The he gets a back rub or head massage. Am I a devoted mate….or what?

Lin: I only make a few cards each year and I know how time consuming it can be. Along with writing my message, cards are really an amazing gift. I sometimes wonder if people appreciate that. You are so thoughtful. Ohhhh that tea set…….yes, purrrrrrrrrrfect.

Barbie and Jake: so glad things worked out well. We were sending you positive thoughts and wishes of good health.

Must attend to things in kitchen.
    Later,
    Patsy☘️

• linder4866
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Hello, we had rain overnight and now it is sunny, breezy, and just over 70 degrees. Tomorrow I understand we should see temps around 90 degrees F and storms late afternoon/overnight. Oh my. Hoping my little porch plants don’t blow away. 😄🤞🏻 After the heat, back down we go, cooler than normal. And in the 40s at least one evening. Again, poor plants.

Patsy, I am sorry Katie misses Damon and Miski so much. We all form attachments don’t we. Lucky John. You look after him so well. I am sure he looks forward to his haircuts! Glad your candidate prevailed. Our state is the same I believe, you must declare a party affiliation in order to vote in the primary election. As an Independent, I do all of my voting in the general elections.

Sandy, so not working on any fancy new tricks but then, not barking at everything is a very good doggie skill. Is it Vivian? Or is it Violet? Jackie, you need to set me straight. I may be off track. Maybe the spooky show was upsetting to George. It would be for me. 😁

MFP plays tricks on me everyday now. Posts don’t show up even though I refresh over and over but then the next day they appear. Which makes it look like I am ignoring people. Not so!

Well, my generator has had its annual service. OMG, yes, the cost of that service has increased again. Should I be surprised?

I finished a load of laundry and am cooking a pot of beans right now. Also had a small grocery order delivered. Everything fit in one little box.

Still sorting through for a thinking of you card. You are right Patsy, it takes time!

Be safe everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

In honor of the public hearings on UFOs, here’s a Giggle of a teapot
    08bp7nqygi1z.jpeg
  • JillyBurg7
    Options
    It was very, very chilly yesterday. The heating kept coming on all day. Mark turned up to cut the grass and I weeded a bit before it started to rain. This morning it is still raining and promises to continue until Saturday. A wet walk to the docs later.
    It could be worse! Australia is really suffering with climate change and so is India with baking temperatures.
    I better put my skates on and get moving. I have to take my BP machine to the docs to compare with his because I always get a much lower reading than his. I would guess my machine is the one at fault!
    Have a good day Sneakers,
    Anne.