Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,262 Member
    Happy Sunday! :) Not much time as Cheryl is picking me up in an hour and a half to go listen to our friend Gary play at 2:00. We are meeting Babe's nephew and his wife there so should be a good time.
    Ran around trying to get a frame only to find out it was the wrong one and wasted 2 hours going from one store to the other last night. I finally ate dinner at 8pm which messed up my tummy all night.

Have a good day,
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,354 Member
    Hi, busy day working on card materials again, church, several cardio classes, and then breaking news for quite a while. My handyman did not show up to check out my garage door keypad. Time for Professor T.

Nothing else interesting.

Be safe everyone.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

vkcnt7p6ii4e.jpeg
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,128 Member
    :)Lin, We have been watching Professor T. What a great show.
  • Sandydur
    Happy Monday! :) Had fun meeting up with Babe's nephew and his wife. Good music, good food and fun times. Tonight Cheryl is making dinner for Cathy and I before going to see the new Twister movie at the theatre. Cheryl and I got tickets buy one get one free so we couldn't pass up the deal. My summer continues to be busy but as long as I get a day or two to myself I am fine.

I looked up Professor T and it looks interesting, reminds me of Monk. What media do you watch it on?

Have a good day,
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,128 Member
    :) I watch Professor T on Brit Box (I think) that is a extra pay feature of Amazon. Yes, he is a lot like Monk only more subtle. The actor who plays Professor T was the original British detective on Death in Paradise where he played an English detective transferred to the Caribbean where he continued to wear wool suits and drink tea.

<3 Barbie
  • linder4866
    Hi, I watch Professor T. on my PBS station. Last night’s episode was a stomach churner…..
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,318 Member
    Hello Everyone. Sandy it looks like you had a great time at your reunion.

Lin - Your teapot always look so great. I don’t know where you find them all but they’re really really nice. I think it was you that posted a copy of an email from Anne. Have you heard anything more about her? I’d really like to know how she’s doing

Hello everyone else.

We’ve been really busy, of course. Still having problems with my glutes and my hamstrings So frustrating as I can’t do as much walking as what I like to do. The real challenge will be next week as we are going to Disneyland with our daughter, Melissa and her two sons and her husband . My physiotherapist has been doing shockwave on my leg and it is helping somewhat so hopefully I won’t be too bad . There are always options. Then, of course, the scary part is the strike that may happen at Disneyland. Sure don’t want that to happen.

Have a great day everybody and it’s always nice to catch up with everybody’s posts.
  • jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,877 Member
    Almost my bedtime so a quick catch up with everyone’s posts. Here it has been overcast but mild and after a local walk with George and Betty I collected Linda and drove to one of our many favourite small country restaurants for coffee and cake. We hadn’t met up for over 3 weeks so had lots of catching up to do and chatted for over 2 hours. When I took her back home she invited me in to pick up a jar of her homemade marmalade that is always delicious and a bottle of Elderflower cordial. All she received from me was half a dozen eggs! Back to painting walls this afternoon, a job that is taking longer than I had hoped because the texture of the paint isn’t as thick as I would have liked. If it is a dry day tomorrow I will paint the garden deck with preserver.
    Although it sounds British, I don’t know Professor T! Might look it up later. So many changes going on here and around the world I’m currently avoiding the news with my head in the sand!

Take care everyone.
    Jackie 🥰
  • linder4866
    Hi!

Jackie, sounds like a fun day with Linda (until you got home to the painting).

Jeri, it was Jackie who provided the update from Anne. I hope we hear something soon. Are you going to Disneyland in California? I don’t know anything about the attractions there. Everyone here goes to DisneyWorld in Florida. I hope you have a good time.

My handyman showed up to mow my yard. I went out to blow away the clippings. He said well goodbye, have a good week. That’s when I said, I still cannot remove the cover from the outside opener. He said oh, I forgot. 🤦🏼‍♀️ he did manage to remove the cover and installed a new battery which he said has a 10 year life.

One more thing working again!

Be safe everyone.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

3h9xlv3oq8de.jpeg

• OhDD65
    OhDD65 Posts: 183 Member
    Hi Everyone,

Nice to catch up again. Looks like everyone has been quite busy with projects, home maintenance, walking the pups and enjoying mini vacations with family members. Plus dodging the rain drops, various storms and tornados too. Glad every one is safe from the storms.

This month we have had the hottest temperatures on record, which seem to go on day after day. We had 2 days with temps in the 80s. All of the rest have been over 100 plus going all the way to 107 for a few days. Too warm to do much other than water my hanging plants and pots then moving back inside to the AC. Have occasionally made a trip to the mall just to be able to get in some walking. After 10 am it is too hot to walk for my 30 minutes. Fall can't come soon enough.....

My sister made it up from the Santa Barbara area to spend 4 days with us. She carpooled with a friend, who was going to a wedding in Reno. We have lived here for 10 yrs now and this is the first time she has come up. Even my two brothers made it up a month ago to spend the day with us. They are only 1.5 hrs away either direction. Really nice to see my siblings again. We have seen them, but usually we have to drive to Castro Valley for a quick gathering. We are the eldest...time they make the drive. Nice to catch up with everyone. Yes, though the eldest, we are doing quite well thank you. We laugh.....just maybe they were afraid of what they would find up here. Really nice to interact with my sister though we are 4 yrs a part in age. As kids we had our own busy lives that we were living. Fun to bring up memories from those years.

With all of our heat comes the forest fires in our state from one end of the state to the other. As we caught news flashes of fires happening in the state of course we pay attention to it. One in particular caught our eye, which was about 25 minutes away. We turned on the news to get more details. A fire that started in Newcastle, a small town, which is where our daughter lives with 7 acres...all rural. They live on a very rural road at the end of the line with 5 other homes. I dislike making that drive being that it is an unpaved up and down narrow road. We were able to contact her then follow the CalFire website as the fire progressed. They had an evacuation warning at one point. The fire burned just up the road two streets away....that was the evacuation line. Thankfully our SIL made it home to be with our daughter and granddaughter during this time. Our SIL has done a great job cleaning up the property, cutting trees and building fences to house the 6 goats that keep the weeds cut short. In between all of this is a small pond. Nice place, but a bit too remote for us. Anyway
    the fire was held at 9 acres....all started by a lawnmower. Thankful for CalFire, the local fire departments, a fire helicopter and the police. A big scare for all concerned, but all is well now.

Other than this that has been what has keep us a bit busy. Enjoy hearing from everyone and ANNE too. Hoping to get a quick note from her that she is feeling a lot better. Thanks Jackie and others for communicating with her. Well enjoy your week.

Take care, Diane
  • Sandydur
    Happy Tuesday! :) So happy to see some of our old friends popping in with updates. Always good to catch up with each other. I did send Anne our posts from yesterday as I didn't send any last week. Hopefully she will respond to either me or Jackie.
    Today is a me day for me. May or may not go to pool but I am just not going or doing anything except rest.

Diane, sounds like you had a great time with family. It's sad when we don't see each other as often as we would like. Sorry to hear about your hot temps but even more sorry about the fires being so close to your daughter. Glad she is safe and suffered no damage.

Lin, I am glad you handyman fixed the problem of the cover. What is the cover for?

Jackie, glad you got some time with Linda, life gets in the way sometimes. Good luck with the painting, not something I would like to do.

Jeri, sorry you are still having leg problems but hope it doesn't interfere with Disneyland. I haven't been to Disneyland in over 50 years when my children were small. We took a train to California, went to Disneyland and took a 747 home. Wonderful memories. Once Disney World opened we went there since it was closer. Enjoy, even if you have to use a wheelchair.

Barbie, glad to hear Jake is responding to his treatments. I think I can watch Professor T on PBS so will give it a try.

The man on the lower level has a dog in his unit since yesterday that never stops barking. I don't know if he is dog sitting or got a new pet but it so sad he leaves him home all day and the poor thing just barks. I am ready to tell him I will take him until he gets home from work but then again I am not home a lot.

Have a great day everyone and keep staying healthy.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    edited July 23
    Hello. It has heated up again around here and the air is heavy with humidity. I did a couple of little errands this morning including filling my car with gas which is something I haven’t done for weeks. I also got a pricey car wash and dried off my car when I got home. It looks better so I assume it will be raining next time I have errands to do later this week. I tried to fill my online cart with needed items at Whole Foods but again, none of the frozen fruit or fresh fruit I wanted so I decided to abandon my cart for now. Maybe later in the week will be better. I also found a carton of soy milk that I had ordered was totally spoiled when I opened it. Ick! I took a couple of photos and put in a request for a refund from Walmart. They approved it fairly quickly. That was a surprise.

Diane, wow, your daughter does live in a place that would cause me to worry. Glad they didn’t have any damage from that fire. Also glad you visited with siblings. I am so glad they came to visit you. Take care…..stay cool!

Sandy, yippee, a day just for you. Love to hear that. I wouldn’t volunteer to look after the dog, you really are not home that much. And you probably cannot take a dog to the pool.

I chatted with a friend who has developed additional health issues. These things just pop up out of nowhere. So sad for her.

Jackie, I keep seeing videos of people walking wet dogs. Are they all going swimming in lakes? I don’t see the people in raincoats. I hope you had a good day.

Barbie, I too, am glad Jake is doing well. I pray that continues. ❤️❤️

Be safe my friends.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️🙋🏼‍♀️

2qk155g2nteu.jpeg

• jacAth3
    Oh dear; missed another posting, sorry! There are so many chores I need to do but as ever our weather gets in the way. Yesterday’s walk was chilly so I needed to wear my fleece hat and that was unheard of in July until this year. We were supposed to enjoy a couple of dry, mild days so I cleared the deck ready to clean and paint but of course, the forecast was wrong! Today I will get on with housework that’s been neglected, then do my best to finish painting the snug. Have I said before how boring it is to paint walls?

I sent a humorous Jacqui Lawson card to Anne yesterday and heard back that she has had a good session with her Cardiologist and is now free of appointments until October. Great news for her and I will be emailing today to have a proper catch up and no doubt talk politics, something best avoided on MFP! I will certainly send her everyone’s love.

Lin, wet dogs! I know all about it living on moors so if you are seeing pooches that have walked the York moors, they have endured as much rain as Cornwall so deep water sits on soggy ground and creates pools, rivers and sometimes small lakes. Long grass and shrubbery can also soak a dog in minutes so I always keep a supply of towels in my car!

Sandy, you are like me with the best intentions when it comes to neglected pets but that can sometimes create problems for ourselves. Perhaps you could offer to look after the dog with the proviso, only when you are home with time to spare but how often does that happen?

Hello Diane. I was only thinking of you a couple of days ago because we in the UK have heard little this summer about wild fires in North America so I wondered if, by some miracle, they weren’t happening! Dear Patsy would keep us informed, and sometimes terrified for her, when fires broke out in her area but let’s hope John, Katie and “ the kids” are safe. It does sometimes seem to happen as we get older that siblings don’t see so much of each other as journeys get more troublesome. I don’t even have a passport at the moment to visit my brother in Spain. It should have been renewed during lockdown but not knowing how long we were going to be stuck at home, I held off. Too hot in Spain for me these days, similar to your extreme temperatures, so instead I will develop webbed feet!

I must now decide whether to walk round the block in the rain with George and Betty, then drive to the store for fresh milk needed for my afternoon tea, or take us all somewhere in the car. 🤔

Happy Wednesday and stay safe.
    Jackie 🥰
  • jacAth3
    Gosh, I’ve now seen today’s BBC App video of fires in North West Pacific Oregon and Jasper, Canada so they are now being reported! Take care. 🥰
  • Sandydur
    Happy Wednesday! :) Cloudy right now but sun is supposed to come out, so might be a pool day. I did go yesterday for a couple of hours just to chill out. I can't seem to relax since my reunion but my mind goes a hundred miles an hour thinking of different things I want to get done.

Jackie, I talked to the man yesterday and he is sitting for his sister's dog. I nicely told him the dog doesn't like to be left alone so he must have understood because today it is quiet. I am glad Anne answered you and hopefully continues to keep you updated. I continue to send posts.

Lin, you are right, no dogs at the pool. It was a nice restful day and I feel today will be another which is good. I am trying to find airfare to visit my SIL in Arizona in October. She really wants me to visit even though we just saw each other. She is 86 soon to be 87 so that is the least I can do after all she does for us.

Have a good day everyone, hope your weather cooperates. Opps, I just fibbed, dog is again barking.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• OhDD65
    OhDD65 Posts: 183 Member
    Hi....Just realized when I sent the long note a few days ago I forgot to mention something. Between the time when my sister,Barb, was here to visit and our daughter being put on alert to a fire we were notified by my sister that there was a fast growing fire down in the Los Olivos area not far from where she lives. Los Olivos is a small country town not to far from Santa Barbara down towards southern California. They were put on alert for evacuation because the fire was growing so quickly. That was the first family fire, which put us all on alert. That one was fueled by the ocean breezes changing direction over time. Thankfully 2 days later the wind changed direction, so they were just on stand by. Glad to have gotten thru that one then as previously mentioned our daughters got an evacuation too. Nice to live in the rural areas, but they do have some draw backs. My brother lives in a rural area also up outside of Redding, but so far so good. Hope every ones day is going well. Take care, Diane
  • linder4866
    Wow Diane, what a scare!!

Sandy, good luck hunting for a reasonably priced ticket.

Jackie, I cannot believe your weather! You had to wear a fleece hat! Yikes.

I am in a bit of a tizzy here. Sorry, too many things going on. I will just say it involves one of my credit cards and is causing a lot of work. This popped up last night and I had trouble sleeping. So many nightmares.

Take care my friends.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

p6ku7ybxvwcu.jpeg

• Sandydur
    Happy Thursday! :) It's a beautiful day but I am going to meeting so no pool. We have an Al Anon picnic coming up August 4, so meeting my sponsor early to discuss the kids games. I am volunteering to help with the games. Also meeting with my sponsee after the meeting so busy afternoon.
    Cheryl is having a garage sale Saturday and Sunday and asked if I had any stuff I want to get rid of. I will look through the boxes in my garage to see if anything is work selling.
    My friend's husband is in rehab and doing better and getting stronger which makes me happy. She is almost 90 and spends the day with him so I know she is exhausted.
    We will be celebrating Robby's 10th and Charlie's 6th birthdays on Sunday. We did have a cake for them at the reunion along with my son who will be 61 tomorrow but no presents, so just us grandparents will be there for pizza and cake and of course presents.

Lin, sorry you are having credit card problems and hope you got them all worked out. I might postpone my Arizona trip to Spring as I have so much on my plate right now.

Diane, I too, am glad your sister is okay. I would be scared to death of those fires. I do hope your whole family and you stay safe from them.

Jackie, hope your weather is getting warmer, a fleece hat in the summer?

Have a good day,
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    Hello, it is overcast this morning but still heating up. We have another heat wave coming with feels like temps over 100 F once again. I am not sure exactly when it is to start but I do remember the weather guy said it is going to last longer than the last one. I have to drive my ancient car to an eye doctor’s appointment next Thursday in the hottest part of the day. 🤦🏼‍♀️ You never know when you make an appointment.

I did a few errands this morning and now have frozen fruits and vegetables again. Yippee! And wow, I paid with cash. I had forgotten about storing away your change after a purchase. Dumped everything in the bottom of my little bag and straightened it out when I got home. It may be 10+ working days to get a new credit card. Still some issues unresolved. Time will tell.

Sandy, busy, busy, and more busy. Wow, nice offer to include some of your things in Cheryl’s garage sale. Well, if you have anything you want to sell. 😊

Wishing everyone a good day.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

jvie9ezc40fz.jpeg

• Sandydur
    Happy Friday! :) Beautiful day! Laundry and then heading to the pool. Feeling a little stressed lately and need to just sit and relax. Today is my eldest son's birthday, he is 61 although not sure how he can be so old. lol

Lin, I went through my bins in my garage but don't feel anything is worth selling. Most of it is Christmas stuff that I used to decorate the house with, but I have cut down in my condo as hardly anyone visits me during the holidays.

Nothing else exciting. Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time