Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited February 2016
    Lin I remember when Dave had a credit card fraud what a pain in the neck to change everything
    and he was notified about it because they saw some expenses they thought was not his. It took a while to get it straightened out. I'm glad you have your new card, now the fun begins on notifying everyone
    about the new number. Yes...Isaac is a little man now, no more baby anymore.

Sandy Yippee! you won at bingo you are lucky. You and Barbie make me jealous with your small sizes. I am in a 14 and still struggling. I am doing an online program now called Brightline eating done by a physcologist with my daughter, Kristina, and see if this will help me any. I struggle with sugars
    and flour and get cravings so this is supposed to help. I watched 3 videos so far and there is a food
    bootcamp too.

Anne Lucky you having thick hair, mine is just middle of the road but straight. If I use a product for curls I can get some wave from it.

Jeir Glad to hear your WW plan is working for you. Everyone needs something that will work for them. When you say Naples, is that Naples in Italy?

Dave and I did our morning walk at the arena this morning and there was a men's hockey game going on
    but only a few spectators watching so we continued walking without interruption.
    He took his mom to the oncologist today for her 3 month check up and is not home yet.

I did some clothes shopping this morning and mailed a birthday card to my cousin and got some extra
    stamps for us. I did wash some towels and still have to put them in the dryer.

I am planning a yoga restorative class tonight while Dave goes to Costco with our friend Tom.

Hello to anyone I missed and have a good day!

Shirley
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,363 Member
    Good afternoon, listening to a webinar on water quality and farming practices. Earlier I listened to Dr. McDougall's webinar on arthritis. Quite an interesting day, yes?

Got to several of my errands this morning and cooked some beans. Now I will have leftovers for days!! These are Eye of the Goat from Rancho Gordo. I like their beans but don't order often. But I have never ordered a bean that I didn't like.

Wow, Sandy, you are a lucky lady! Congrats!!!

Anne, hope you are having a nice day with your visitors. And that Cinders hasn't gotten to and not your plants.

Jeri, such good news that you have a trip to Naples booked.

Shirley, I would have wanted to hitch a ride along and walk all over Costco!!! You are a wise woman to pass I am certain but the urge to just go out and see what's in the stores.

Buzz, is there a birthday party for Mike??

Marcella, I am glad you are checking in with us during your time of restoration. I have a friend on a different forum which has s taking off the month of February as well. Hers is to rest, recoup her strength after the recent loss of her mother.

Well,mime to check my IP. Yep, I am always cooking something it seems. Haaaa.

Hugs.

Lin
  • Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Nice surprise day for me, son Michael turned up with Cinders in tow. Cinders is always glad to see me, I am her favourite chicken person. She associates me with roast chicken now. Not that I often eat chicken but I make an effort when Michael and Cinders show up. Michael is a "grass widower" this week because Sandy has gone on a jaunt with her friend, leaving both dogs with their respective "dads". Mike works a 2 pm to 10pm shift so that allowed him to drop by and see dear old Mom. He also lives 5 minutes away from his business so that allows him to take care of Cinders half way through his work day when Sandy isn't around. Win, win situation for us all.
    You will all be relieved to know the apples are no more. We had the last of the summer red currants (soaked in rum) and apples for dessert. Very tasty (hiccup, ...... no they weren't THAT strong, honest).
    No girls!!!!!!My hair isn't THAT thick anymore!!!!!!! It's just thicker than when it was dropping out! Your hair SHIRLEY looks thicker than mine. My sons however are rather unusual and the envy of their thinning on top mates.
    And that was my day, a quick trip to the bank, cooking, and chasing after - well tottering after really, the exuberant Cinders who loves a game of catch me if you can.
    Hope birthday boy Mike is having a joyous day,
    Anne.
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Mike thanks everyone for his unexpect
    ed greetings. Had a quiet pleasant dinner downstairs with dear (younger) friends and since another lady was celebrating the same birthday with 3 sheetcakes to share with the entire Dining Room, Mike enjoyed a piece of the chocolate with a candle to blow out! It was fun. Then we came up to watch a special on ABC about Bernie Madoff wiping out all those retired people and then switched to the debate tonight. Lots of positive energy and plans, but we'll continue to enjoy the circus of the campaign shows!
    I'll get used to the shorter cut , and my hair grows quickly!
    v68d7ha96cqb.jpg
    Sorry I couldn't brighten this up, but it's the new cut, Day 1!
    Way too late for bedtime, but had to read all your posts before retiring! I think you all look gorgeous!
    <3 Buzz
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,318 Member
    edited February 2016
    Lin and Shirley - Naples, Florida. And trust me with the cold and snow we have here I am delighted to go.

Sandy - great that you won. Every win to me is so much fun.

Buzz - your cut looks great.

Ed took 3 of our grandsons ice fishing yesterday and they all had a lot of fun. I went shopping instead, really didn't buy anything but had a good time at the book store. Ed was taking the boys to McDonalds for supper on their way home so stopped and picked me up. Not the greatest supper but i did fit it into my plan and I enjoyed visiting with the kids. We drove them home after and we saw the rest of them too. What a great family. The youngest Sarah, 2, is talking and singing and so cute.

Marie - what is your recipe for beans in the IP?

Sitting here enjoying my coffee before my usual busy day starts.

Have a good one,

Jeri

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,271 Member
    edited February 2016
    Happy Friday!! :) Cold day today but at least the sun is out. I have a mammogram this afternoon and will be happy when all the appointments are done. Still waiting for the results of blood work, hopefully all is good. Gained 0.7 pound because I had left over pizza that my granddaughter had made and left in my fridge. It was good though.

My daughter informed me this morning that my grandson is meeting his biological parents today in Arizona. I wish I could be a fly on the wall for that meeting. He is very excited and nervous at the same time as I am sure my daughter and her husband are. I hope it goes well for all of them.

Robby's dad was excited as he got a 6% raise and a bonus. I think house hunting will be in their immediate future. I am really happy for them.

Jeri, you and Ed are wonderful grandparents with all you do with them. I am sure they are keeping you young and healthy.

Buzz, your new haircut looks great, I really like it. I am glad Mike had a good birthday, now it is time for you to get some rest and get to bed at a decent time.

Enjoy this day and each one after this one.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    I just lost my post of 3 paragraphs and some choice words. :s

So I will just comment on everyone.

Buzz Your fresh haircut is really cute and not too short. I am glad Mike liked the graphics for his
    birthday and he got to eat some chocolate. My favorite.

SandyYou and me both gaining this week. I had two of my hubby's tropical drinks he was
    testing on me and had a second. Of course they were good and they are like milkshakes but with alchohol. I should have known better weighing in today. :( Wow, meeting your parents for the first
    time a butterflies in the stomach moment. Our nephew's wife did the same when she found out
    her mom was only 10 mins away from her. She did Ancestry.com to find her.

Jeri I have never been to Naples, FL but it is not too far from Sarasota and that where we
    used to go for vacations.

Anne Cinders is back Yaay! Very cute dog. Enjoy your chicken eating friend. :D

Lin Yes...I let the guys go to Costco, we are not members so we have to use our friend's
    membership and I went to a yoga class instead and saved some money.

Shirley
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Shirley61 wrote: »
    I just lost my post of 3 paragraphs and some choice words. :s

So I will just comment on everyone.

Buzz Your fresh haircut is really cute and not too short. I am glad Mike liked the graphics for his
    birthday and he got to eat some chocolate. My favorite.

SandyYou and me both gaining this week. I had two of my hubby's tropical drinks he was
    testing on me and had a second. Of course they were good and they are like milkshakes but with alchohol. I should have known better weighing in today. :( Wow, meeting your parents for the first
    time a butterflies in the stomach moment. Our nephew's wife did the same when she found out
    her mom was only 10 mins away from her. She did Ancestry.com to find her.

Jeri I have never been to Naples, FL but it is not too far from Sarasota and that where we
    used to go for vacations.

Anne Cinders is back Yaay! Very cute dog. Enjoy your chicken eating friend. :D

Lin Yes...I let the guys go to Costco, we are not members so
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Just lost my post, too when the page simply flipped! Maybe it's just as well, but I've no time now as I must design and make 4 cards for this evening! Loved all the posts today and want to tell JERI, if she doesn't already know, Naples, FL is a fabulous place to visit!
    <3 Buzz
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    I'm settled in front of the stove as the wind blows and rain falls yet again.... looks as if we have a week or more to come so don't think George will be getting many walks on the moors. This morning we dodged a few showers and still managed to get wet but it's impossible to walk safely in the high winds what with the water logged ground so we'll keep to local roads.

Got my hair cut today and spent a couple of hours with my friends that looked after George during my surgery time. It was lovely to catch up although 2 slices of lemon cake with our tea wasn't so wise. I've not been near my scales since returning from Snowdonia but can tell from the tightness of clothes around my middle that there are at least a couple of extra pounds sitting there!

Buzz ~ A lovely head of hair you have there! My hair is so thick and straight there's little can be done with it, in fact I've noticed from a photo my brother sent on to me earlier this week that I'd never seen before of my mother and me in 1978 that the style was much the same then. A much slimmer body though and although like Anne I had dreamed of returning to that sort of figure I know I have to admit defeat because it just isn't going to happen!

Sandy ~ I trust your mammogram wasn't too uncomfortable and results will be good. Since so much information has become available on the internet it seems more and more adoptees are choosing to seek out biological parents and to me that's a huge decision. I do hope the meeting goes well.

There's an auction to view over the weekend so I'm going to break off and take a look at their online catalogue in the hopes they have a selection of antique dining tables. Hello to all I've missed this time around.

Jackie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,148 Member
    :) I got all the paperwork and numbers for our income tax gathered to mail off to the accountant today. :)
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    This is my third try to post. The internet must be telling me I need to get a more interesting life. What I am saying is just too darn boring.

The movie "Bridge of Spies" is pretty good. It got off to a slow start, in my view, but the pace has picked up. For you history buffs, it is very interesting. It is based on real events and the art direction is really fun. The 1950s were...uh hum...not appealing to me. But the styles were uncomfortable looking. I remember mom wearing dresses and aprons to do housework. The cars and lifestyle were authentic. Tom Hanks does a great job in this.

I didn't get all my house chores done today but I will finish them tomorrow AM. As you all would guess we will be glued to the TV and the super bowl. You should have seen the turned up nose I got from John when I told him about my veggies and yoghurt dip for snacks. I guess I will have to do "his and her" snacks.

I do miss the fact we do not have Mardi Grau parades here in the PNW. I loved the parades, beads, parties, King Cake, costume balls.

I know I am the only one in this neighborhood who would get a kick out of an Amazon package being delivered by drone. But it does sound kind of interesting. PLOP! Here's your order. Also I don't mind the idea of a driverless car. It couldn't do any worse than having me drive. I've been reading about inventions that will be in our near future.
    Patsy

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited February 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wzhIaRlxtA
    jeri like this one
    and i like this bean one too
    she is so crazy and funny
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8T2Ahb7zW8
    marie
  • linder4866
    edited February 2016
    Good evening friends,

Buzz, I like your haircut! Pretty! Glad the celebration included Mike. Very nice.

Jeri, such a lovely family. It is wonderful you spend time with them. Yes, I knew it was Naples FL. One of the areas I covered once upon a time for commercial real estate so I read about that area on a weekly basis. Have lost touch now.

Sandy, good to have so many tests out of the way. Congrats to your son on the raise and bonus. I hope they are able to go house shopping very soon. It would be nice for a growing family.

Shirley, I hope you have a lovely weekend. I am a member at Costco but don’t go often. They are always so busy.

Barbie, congrats on getting so much done. I think my progress today was getting alerts set up on the remainder of my credit cards and several of my banking accounts. Of course I am checking things daily right now but so far, everything else is okay. Fingers crossed.

Jackie, oh my, wet weather. Not fun when it comes to walking a dog. Actually I remember my dogs went faster when it was raining and they didn’t enjoy the walks as much and they detested lightning and thunder. Now give them snow and that was a different story altogether. I hope you find some antique dining tables in the next auction.

Patsy, I put myself on the reserve list for the movie you mentioned. I wouldn’t care if a drone delivered my package as they would likely do a much better job than the USPS. Now, if they could ring the doorbell. Actually I wish I would receive a text when a package is delivered. Most of the carriers do not ring the doorbell now and they don’t make much noise tossing a package on the steps. I worked with a fellow from Louisiana a long time ago and each year we had Mardi Gras with decorations, beads, and King Cake. It was fun.

Marie, where are you today? I hope you are okay. I see you are posting. Nevermind!

Phoebe, where you folks now? I just heard from a friend and he has been hired by a trucking firm and is going out of state to go to school. I know nothing about this. Is there a standard length of time to train? Ultimately I guess he’s to be a regional driver. I hope he likes this. He’s the gentleman who’s recovering from that horrible back problem from a work injury.

Anne, did you provide chicken for Cinders again yesterday? I forgot to ask. Now when are you going shopping for an iPad replacement??

Take care. I just watched “Lost in Paradise” the newest Jesse Stone DVD. Back to some old “Last of the Summer Wine” episodes. I have a DVD I purchase once upon a time and never watched.

Hugs.

Lin

• Lin, we are in Georgia but we don't get to go home. Will be heading back to California tonight.
    That is quite common now, many many companies offering lots of plans and training. Hope he will be careful, its not a job that is back friendly.
    Night Phoebe
  • CALIECAT
    Lin i have been reading a lot on dr.Mcdougall. i was reading about his take on salt. interesting.
    it seems he believe to eat more starch than low carb veggies lots of rice, corn potatoes. grains. You know what i like this ideal. and it really seems to be working. But a little rice goes a long way with me. but the beans, rains. sweet potatoes and white potatoes Love love Got tear myself away from Mcdougall.too much computer readings i stayed the same on my weight this morning. but expect more lost in a day or so.
    marie
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Drat!! Just lost a long post with no time to start over at the moment. Rain pouring, roads flooding and wind howling plus a very wet George stealing my warm spot on the sofa!! Will try to get back later.

Jackie
  • CALIECAT
    phoebe you mean you are in Ga. and cannot go home to see about your sweeties you left behind. Is Honey a good traveling dog. i bet she makes you walk more. i know Sammie made me walk more.Bless her heart.
    Stayed safe -Love Marie
  • linder4866
    Good morning, very light snow here today. Off to the library to pick up some books. I always look forward to getting new materials.

Marie, yes, you can spend a lot of time reading. I *do* spend lots of time with the written word but I like to move around so I watch as many webinars as I can. Dr. McDougall has his weekly webinars archived if you want to watch and I sign up for many things that other plant-based experts provide online for free. The trick is to find those opportunities!

Phoebe, I am sorry you cannot go home for a while. My friend left this morning for his training. I am concerned about his back as he is/was still doing physical therapy. Eeeck.

Jackie, try to stay dry for goodness sake!

Hugs.

Lin
  • Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Hello everybody, sorry I was clueless earlier asking what 16 bean stew/soup was. Lin and the Internet have clued me in. Apparently it's a package you buy for stews or soups. I don't know if it's available in Canada but I'll try and find out. I was imagining everybody using 16 different types of beans and was very intrigued!
    Anne.