Jackie
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Wow LIN, I know what you'll be doing!! :D:D
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,356 Member
    edited October 2018
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Lin thank you for the lovely homede mse valintine card you sent me the only one in the bunch to keep in touch ith me.. I will sone be 88 years old. Have a Happy holloweenallI can barely see what I type anymore marie

So great to hear from you Marie!

Love ya. <3<3

Hugs.

Lin

• linder4866
    Darn, Grantchester marathon is over for now. Back to regular programming. Sigh.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Bless you all! I certainly hope I didn't offend dear LIN about voting because I never doubted that she, of all people, would not take her vote seriously! I just get so wound up I times don't realize how I say things! After speaking to family in Europe today, I see all too clearly what may be happening and how voting areas are being manipulated. But no one seems to know what to do about it!! Is this really how Hitler started his power grab? Too many seem to see the similarity for it to be my panic button!!! Let me see, SANDY, glad you're following through, and about Costco, I buy blueberries and can never buy enough of those! I use the Kirkland paper towels, and of course I get my T.P. since they seem to run out quickly enough that I just store them in a closet and don't have to shop for a month! I also got 100 K cups of a French Style coffee for my Keurig maker because they are completely compostable and they actually taste great! And the price was right! I'm learning not to buy too many items in one trip as I can't carry them upstairs easily!
    MARIE, I hope you see me sending my love to my "little sister"! I'm now more than 91, so you have some catching up to do , but I always think of you, dear!
    JACKIE, I'm almost afraid to read your link, but I will print it for others to mull, as well. We have a strong small "DT mod" who have been moving in here, and I'm so distraught when they talk about him. I will attend a meeting next week with a lecturer simply to try understanding what they believe in his lying ! I will behave, as I don't want o stir up trouble,
    but I need ti understand what, what, what they believe! Yes the synagogue shooting was a horror, but becoming a way of life since before DT! He exacerbates it, though, with his vicious remarks....and then says we must unite!
    My and neuropathy is making typing impossible, so I'll say goodnight, love you gals!
    <3 Buzz
    .........................Always Believe Something Wonderful is About to Happen!!!.........................
  • Gawanne32
    Gawanne32 Posts: 202 Member
    edited October 2018
    And we love you BUZZ, and MARIE as well, who I see is having a birthday in November.

Try not to worry too much about the future, although I must admit to the weirdest thought I had today.
    Civil war? There's so much division between republicans and democrats it got me thinking and maybe not so far fetched. I believe the first US civil war was begun in 1861. Not that long ago! It's a sobering thought.
    The synagogue shooting is absolutely despicable and especially so when you read the ages of some of the victims. When you consider what some of them probably went through in the past only to be murdered in old age by some gun crazy cowardly individual. Can you imagine if every civilian owned gun in the country was confiscated the enormous pile it would make !

I think it's time I went to bed and put such thoughts out of my head.
    Anne.

PS. Did anyone read pugilist or peacemaker! The choice facing Donald Trump on BBC news? Interesting if you get the chance. I read it after I posted the above.
  • pinkperil
    The builder arrived before 8.30 to tile my hearth but again problems. This time his adhesive wouldn't stick, he thinks because it got too cold in his van overnight.... minus temperatures. He went off to find an alternative, ended up at a tile shop 20 miles away and just phoned to tell me they have to order from one of their stores 40 miles away!! Such a saga for a small hearth. My car has its MOT in an hour so I will drive to the garage then walk George to friend Jill for a coffee and catch up with Scruff and Misha.

Buzz, let them talk. You will never convince them as they will never convince you so don't waste breath or thought on them. <3<3

Back later.
    Jackie
  • linder4866
    Hello, I got up late today and now I need to rethink my day’s schedule. Haaaaa. Classes don’t wait do they? Well, whatever I do will be okay.

I finished the book club selection last evening so I am ready for the club meeting (if I go) which is tomorrow evening I believe. I have little interest in the book though so attendance is in question.

Jackie, my goodness, can’t someone drive the 40 miles to pick up the proper adhesive? Good grief. I don’t know what a MOT is so either an inspection or a service appt? Enjoy the walk and the coffee.

Buzz, try to cope, there is no change possible with these people. I was in Sunday school with one yesterday. She just kept saying people are dumb. Over and over and you can guess who she thought were the “dumb” ones. Yes, anyone who doesn’t agree 100% with cheeto. Argh! Try to be calm, it does our personal health no favor to remain agitated twenty four hours a day.

Anne, no I don’t keep up with BBC news but then I no longer keep up with much of the news. I feel I am still getting enough. I don’t think a civil war is likely. A police state yes. Well, isn’t that a happy thought.

Must finish my coffee and decide how to wring the most from the day. The wind yesterday blew storms of leaves through the streets so there won’t be as much lovely leaf scenery to take in during my wandering.

Hugs. Health. Best wishes.

Lin
  • pinkperil
    Yes Lin, MOT standards for Ministry of Transport and any vehicle over 5 years has to be tested for road worthiness. Mine failed this morning on a faulty fog light switch that turns on but won't turn off and it's illegal to drive with fog lights on when no fog about! To replace the switch it needs a large piece of kit that includes the bar with all light switches and because it's an older car the garage have to search online for 2nd hand. The other failure was another lamp, this time over the registration plate. My car had been beeping about a lamp fault for ages but no indication of where it was and difficult for me to notice on my own walk round and check. It will go in for a service and retest next Thursday and I'm going to have to move a hair appointment! The builder was trying to squeeze my job in among others today so couldn't spare the time to go pick up the adhesive and I don't feel I can say anything because he's doing the smithy a favour getting my hearth tiled so the stove can be fitted.... I'm remaining chilled mentally as well as physically!!

A lovely afternoon with lots of sunshine so I'll now see what garden tidying I can do.
    Jackie
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Good morning all! Wet and wild here again. There are dark clouds, rain and some wind. I am slow in getting up to speed today. Katie is dealing with something that is giving her issues. Hacking and coughing and I can see a mess will be happening soon. That happens when she eats some of the stuffing in one of her toys. She sometimes acts like she is still a 4 month old puppy. But it is only a sometimes kind of thing.

The football game was interrupted by a power loss yesterday. I guess that it was okay with John. Our team won (The New Orleans Saints) but it was one sided. Never John’s favorite kind of game. I offered the possibility of buying a lottery ticket, in conversation. Oh my! We had fun spending the winnings but never purchasing the ticket. Hummmmmm what is wrong with this picture?

Need another cup of coffee and toast and a ripe pear for breakfast. Then I must get to it! Laundry etc. maybe cleaning up doggy throwup.

Have a good day, dear sneakers.
    Patsy

• Gawanne32
    Just to cheer us all up, here's a photo of some of the dead looking chrysanthemums I rescued out of the church trash bin last March. Life after death wouldn't you say, and there's life after today's shambles. Keep smiling girls!
    Hugs from Anne and Jilly Bean. XxxxxOoooo
    h6hy1ctpbnbi.jpg
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,266 Member
    Good Morning! :) The sun is shining and the wind seems to have died down so I am going to go see the kiddos even though Robby has a slight temp. Lisa said he is better today but will not go to school so I will get more time with him. I am bringing both boys their Halloween gifts which should keep them busy for a little while, Charlie got this outfit which is not her costume. Lisa and Rob thinks she looks like a clown but they let me post it on Facebook to pacify me.
    ajzs672uswh4.jpg
    The wind did a number on the trees yesterday so I am hoping to clean my balcony before I leave since it is full of leaves.
    gdkwzbja3mwk.jpg

My pictures are not as nice as yours Anne, the flowers look beautiful. Lin, I overslept as well and Jackie, when it rains it pours. Patsy, I hope Katie doesn't get sick, it is the one thing I made Babe clean up since it made me get the dry heaves.

Trying to hurry so I better get moving.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• Gawanne32
    SANDY, I promised myself I would keep quiet on the subject and this is the last time, I promise.
    BUT,
    Could you bring yourself to divorce Babe whilst there's still cash from the house sale? Make a clean break before the son squanders all the money? That way you wouldn't have to rely on monthly cheques and if you can wangle half the house sale you could invest the cash and pay yourself a monthly allowance. I think it would save you a lot of future worry because you can guarantee it won't work out, Babe living with his son. Isn't the sons marriage a bit iffy? He won't want to look after his dad if on his own!
    I know you are Catholic and probably don't believe in divorce, but like myself you can privately consider yourself married until "death us do part". The divorce judge is only a man after all and you and Babe can remain good friends, although sonny boy won't be too happy if you are awarded half "his" inheritance.
    Hope you will forgive me for being the proverbial nosy Parker, but believe me, I trusted my husband to be fair as well, but I really struggled financially once the "other" (read son) entered the picture with her advice. Never could afford a car for instance.
    Sorry love, and I hope you understand it's merely my take on things and I know you will do what's best for your own best interest.
    Anne.
  • delraybuzz
    ANNE and SANDY...AMEN! ;)
    <3 Buzz
    ....................Always Believe Something Wonderful Is About to Happen!...........................
  • delraybuzz
    JACKIE, the Guardian article is fantastic! I forwarded it to several intelligent friends and They felt it is a perfect explanation! And forwarded it!
    Anne, I did look up the BBC article, and it left me a bit unsettled, like...Huh? So everyone just behave? How does that help this particular situation when the main character is not interested in changing?
    <3<3 Buzz
    ....................Always Believe Something Wonderful Is About to Happen!...........................
  • Gawanne32
    edited October 2018
    I think the BBC article was to try and persuade the main character to have a go at changing his personality from an aggressive pugilist to a peacemaker BUZZ. He has a choice as we all do to calm things down rather than forever igniting the flames, and thus he could become the best president of the USA ever rather than the worst ever who is coming across as the school yard bully which is a bit daft and juvenile at 71 years! However, it was 11 at night when I read the article so maybe my mind was a bit addled. Leopards don't change their spots, and you, unfortunately, are right. Read JACKIES Guardian article as well and it did make sense. I wish it could be printed in American newspapers.
    Anne
  • pinkperil
    edited October 2018
    Good morning lovely Sneakers. A cold and frosty start for me, minus 1 or 2 overnight but we're left with a beautiful day and lots of sunshine. I was up early because the builders were booked for 8am and finally by 9 the hearth had tiles cut and set in so they will return this afternoon to grout then it's just a case of getting the new stove installed.
    I walked George on the moors that seemed to have attracted lots of visitors including a gang of walkers and group traveling round Cornwall in a coach stopping at places of interest. They were enthralled by the Hurlers while their guide was more interested in George! He behaved and let her stroke his head before she gathered her group and headed back to their coach.
    Washing is hanging on the rotary line outside together with bits of a tissue!! The pockets had all been checked but obviously not carefully enough.

Anne, your pretty "mums" are delightful and looking so pleased to still be living especially in that delightful jug with its mat that has a vaguely familiar pattern. I've been watching a documentary about the Assad family in Syria where the obvious question is how come a doctor who took the Hippocratic oath can slaughter so many of his own people and it seems he had an opportunity to take a path to peace where his people would have loved him for it but for some reason he chose the opposite and became an egotistical lying murderous leader. It seems power goes to most heads when it comes down to it but one man in particular already had many of those traits!!

Sandy, I wouldn't say Charlie looks like a clown but she could be what we Brits call Mrs Mop with that cute bow on her head and slippers that would be ideal for polishing the floor if she was walking! Better not tell her mum that one!! :) That was some wind to have spread so many leaves on your balcony but hope you managed to collect them up.

Patsy, George has an over-long pallet that catches in his throat a couple of times a day.... sometimes something gooey is returned on the carpet other times we get away with a dry cough!

Buzz, the article put into words what so many of us are thinking.... hopefully enough on your side of the pond to make a difference!

Lin, thanks for posting Marie's message. What a shame she doesn't seem able to join us anymore but do send her my love and hugs when next in touch.

Oh dear, a wasp is buzzing round my head so I'll open the window and encourage it outside then head out there myself.

Jackie
  • Gawanne32
    Just been for our morning ramble, brilliant blue sky and sunshine, the street looks gorgeous with all the trees at their colour turning best and there's frost on the pumpkins. Just beautiful. Had a talk with the neighbour opposite who it turns out has built all the new decks around here and erected all the new fences. Never knew! I'm going to try and persuade Mark to have him build one for me now ours is getting dilapidated.

I have to admit I'm thrilled to bits with my brought back to life chrysanthemums. Tiny white flowers. The jug JACKIE is part of my British pottery dinner and tea service. I think it's supposed to be a water jug but I use it for flowers. I have a small jug and a creamer in the set as well. As for the mat, it's ceramic and actually for putting hot pans on in the kitchen. I loved your comment about baby Charlie looking like Mrs Mop. What a great Halloween costume if she lived in the uk! Aren't you the lucky one SANDY.

I think the best way to deal with DT at the moment BUZZ, is to ignore him and his narcissistic nature. Trouble is, most won't, but for our peace of mind, he's just an old windbag.

I'm having a problem with my stubborn little dog who is ignoring her cooked meals and only wanting raw meat or chicken. Believe me, she really is stubborn and went three days with hardly any food. Finally in desperation I gave her raw which she wolfed down so she isn't sickening for anything. I've been researching raw food diets for dogs. In fact since the raw food she's bouncier than ever, little bu....er monkey. My old English Puss Thelly thrived on raw food all his long life. Any thoughts on this JACKIE and PATSY. Opinion seems divided on the internet and I don't trust vets because they are promoting and selling their own brands, at least here.
    Must get on with our day,
    Anne and The misnamed Bean. Should be "Gimme raw". "I'm no vegan" !!!!!
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,266 Member
    Happy Tuesday! :) After almost 6 hours with the kiddos I am tired today. I might run a couple of errands and possibly go to bingo tonight instead of tomorrow but I will see. My morning is already stressful with calls from my ex wanting to borrow more money and from current telling me how depressed he is in selling his house. Where did I go wrong in selecting husbands? Thankful for the first for my four wonderful children but can't say much about the second with his two children. Sorry to be such a downer all the time, maybe because of change of seasons???

Anne, not sure about raw food for Jilly, I know we wouldn't do it for Daisy but like you said she is on a prescription diet from the Vet's because of her sensitive stomach.
    As far as a divorce, it wouldn't be financially beneficial to me. When we first went to the lawyer for a divorce the attorney couldn't find the prenup in his computer files plus it was over 20 years old so basically no prenup. When Babe asked what that meant the attorney told him that I would be entitled to more than half of his estate. I didn't want half of his estate at that time and really didn't want a divorce so we agreed on a legal separation. Because a new will was being written I also agreed to sign another prenup excluding me from getting more than his pension and social security. As of now it wouldn't be worth getting a divorce and lose his pension and social security which is the amount he gives me monthly. I did get an annulment from the Catholic Church from my first husband which only means I was able to marry in the Catholic Church with Babe. It has nothing to do with the legal divorce and yes my kids are still legitimate. B) Babe and I both know this is the worst mistake he has made in selling his house and moving in with his son but it is too late. Only time will tell and I try not to live my life worrying about the future . I understand your concern and appreciate your advice but I really have to trust both Babe and God will take care of me.

Jackie, I had to google Mrs Mop and you are correct, the outfit does resemble her. lol I don't think Lisa is going to let her wear it in public so all is good. I can't wait to see the finished fireplace when it is all done. I am loving mine as usual.

Have a great day and once again I apologize for bringing all my worries here but things have a way of working themselves out and I will try to keep quiet about future problems.
    Love you girls.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Gawanne32
    edited October 2018
    Good explanation SANDY and I do thank you for it. Loves a funny thing isn't it. By the way I was told I could get an annulment as well with my children still being legitimate should I wish to remarry. Reason given "immaturity on hubby's part". Wouldn't the ex top engineer and manager have been mad if he'd known! In my case though, I was so badly scalded I got cold feet every time things got serious. Two of those past boyfriends have indeed passed away, one is in an extended care home and Roy is safely tucked away in the UK. So here I am, a truly contented Anne with her spoilt Jilly Bean.
    Thanks again and I won't bug you again!
    Anne.
    However, can't resist one last word, please don't give No. 1 any more cash! He will be back if you do. Tell him things are now changed with Babe and you are no longer the American lending society. Tell him to GO to the real American lending society (if they exist).