Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    sdlof083uom8.jpg

Picture of Kristina with Isaac my other daughter

Shirley
  • Shirley61
    Options
    My post went all goofy and I lost most of my message. Did the best I could so here is another picture.

Shirley
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,277 Member
    Options
    Isaac is so cute! Shirley, Kristina looks just like you. Beautiful! How does it feel to have a grand baby? Another generation in the family. I looked for you on Facebook but couldn't find you. I searched Shirley Bruce but did not see you. Maybe you have your account blocked to new friends?

Marla- sorry you are feeling blue. Weather warming up this weekend. Maybe you can get outside and work on your plants? It seems in the past you enjoyed that.

Amy- Congratulations on your son's marriage, a new DIL and a grand baby on the way :)<3

I saw the nutritionist today. I could be her mother, she was young. Very nice! I didn't learn much I didn't already know but I have some guidelines to follow. She did mention she thinks an anti inflammatory eating plan may be good for me with my joint pain. I will also aim for 100g's protein per day and stay within my carb recs for Type 2 diabetes. I need to look over the info and make a grocery list so I am prepared. I'll let you know what I think. I'll also be logging on here again and weighing myself at least once per week. Ugh! If the rain stops I will get on my bike and ride.

Well I better study my stuff. Tomorrow I will check in and then I'm going to the speech/language and hearing convention (in Minneapolis) tomorrow eve through Saturday afternoon. I am on the planning committee so I need to help with set up, intro of speakers, and packing up on Saturday.

More tomorrow,
    Jenny
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get pictures posted ? lol
  • AmyZ46
    Options
    np50s4.jpg
  • AmyZ46
    Options
    2ush7wm.jpg this is my oldest grand baby Zephyr
  • AmyZ46
    Options
    11l3ev4.jpg
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,729 Member
    Options
    what pics people!! Beautiful babies and fun vacay times. Good stuff.

You are all right - I am feeling - feh - things will smooth out - just ick until them. Just ordered a few new fun workout tanks. One says "Oh my quad" -

Shirley - same here as Jenny - can't find ya!
  • AmyZ46
    Options
    That last picture was one of the cenote in Mexico . You can actually swim in a cave. You guys can see the 35 pounds I gained here sigh , I am trying so hard .
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Lovely pictures Amy. A very handsome couple on their wedding day. What a surprise for you.
    Your grandchild is so cute!

Jenny & Marla - I will check out face book again. I am new to all this stuff.

Shirley
  • Shirley61
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Here is baby Isaac. Getting new pictures all the time

4tolgt51mk7x.jpg

Shirley
  • Shirley61
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Okay don't know why you can't find me. I figured it out, I have it unlocked to Public now, it was only on friends. You should be able to find me now.

Shirley
  • AmyZ46
    Options
    Just ordered a few new fun workout tanks. One says "Oh my quad" -

Shirley - same here as Jenny - can't find ya![/quote]

Hahaha Marla I like that "OH MY QUAD "

Shirley ,Me neither :/

• jrbanta
    Options
    Shirley- my name on Facebook is Jenny Rea Banta. You'll recognize the profile pic of Russ and I (just our heads) and sunglasses on. Great pic of Isaac. He's changed a lot since newborn pic. So cute!!!!!!!
    Amy- you are dedicated and will persevere with your diet plan and exercise. Post a picture of you at your skinniest last year on the fridge and at your office as a reminder of where you want to be. Great pics of your son and wife!
    Marla-I hope you are okay. Maybe just tired from such a busy, long winter? You were really exercising consistently for awhile and you had lots of energy. Maybe break up movement into 10 minute intervals to equal 30 minutes? Maybe this will help you get moving and feel like you are back on track.
    Ang- interview yet?
    L- did we lose you?

Well I am tracking protein, carbs, fats, sodium and sugar. So far so good! I'm eating up to 1500 cal's per day. Still have to shop but will wait until Sunday when I'm back and prepare for my first week back at work on Monday.

Have a great evening. I'll check in if I can. Haven't figured out how to make my post stick when using my tablet. Have you Shirley? If it doesn't post I'll be in touch Saturday eve.

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,729 Member
    Options
    my antibiotic from the sinus/ear infection finished on MOnday I think it was - and boy today do I feel the pressure and pain starting again in my right ear. For crap's sake. December/January/February was the never ending UTI - is this going to be the never ending ear thing? sssiiiigggghhh

Wonderful cuddly pic of Isaac.
  • AmyZ46
    Options
    Oh no Marla , That's terrible. I'm so sorry . It's just not fair I tell you . I hope you aren't developing sinus issues ?

Shirley , what is your picture on your facebook account ? My name on Facebook is Amy Bodin Zollner .

Jenny ,
    Thank you for your kind words , I feel like I want it bad enough I just have been so lazy ..it needs to stop . I keep trying though. I will give that to myself I usually have given up long before now . I really think I hate being overweight and I know I can do it...even though I am struggling . Great idea ,I'll look for my best picture !

Anj, My really good friend just landed a job in the Prosecutors office here in Ak. and I thought of you - I hope she's not overloaded like you were in the attorneys office .

I'm cranky at work already - I've been here 4 nights and have already had to come in to do post accident drug tests in the middle of the night three nights ! between 1 and 3 am . and can't fall back asleep when I get back to my room..grumble ,grumble,grumble

The baby is a boy !! and she is almost 7 months along - OMG baby to be born in June already !

That's it for now !

• jrbanta
    Options
    I'm back from my conference. I attended some interesting sessions and heard the updates for our profession, good and bad. I didn't do any logging since my friend and I ate out both nights and I didn't really watch my calories. Great dinners but too many things to log and I know I was over everything anyway. Now to get back on track. I need to make my grocery list and get to the store tomorrow so I'm prepared for the week.

I did attend a session called "Cooking to Save Your Life". It was presented by a chef that had a massive stroke 6 years ago and is lucky to be alive. He has Aphasia (language deficit as a result of the stroke) but has had 4 years of therapies for communication and motor skills. He has researched food and published a cook book that includes his story and healthy recipes that use foods that include ingredients that are healthy and nutriteous to fight disease. He worked with the hotel where the convention was to give input on our meals. It was the healthiest food they've ever had at the convention! Tasty too. Here is his info if you want to look him up online.

Chef Kurt Stiles/Americas' Healthy Chef/Author
    "Cooking to Save Your Life" cook book
    www.americashealthychef.com

I didn't buy the book since I didn't get time to look at it. I'm going to look at it online and decide if I like the recipes in it. He had two attendees making one of his salads at the session and we were given servings to taste. Yum!

Well I'm going to relax and have dinner with Russ. Have a great evening!

Jenny
  • Shirley61
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Morning,

Dave has already left for the boat. He wants to gets the tarp off. I don't go because it is still on the
    cradle and you have to climb a ladder and I don't like heights. So I wait until it is in the water.
    The weather here is beautiful and sunny for a change.

Yesterday we went to Home Depot, Dave got a $1300 gift certificate from work for 25 years of service and we decided to get new carpeting in the downstairs. So we went to check it out and talked to
    someone. We have to go back and get some samples to bring home as one of the samples was out
    by another customer. We also went to Walmart to get some sleepers for Isaac with Grandma on it but no luck. I bought him 3 sleepers any how and some bunny slippers since I couldn't see him on
    Easter. LOL

Since Dave is at the boat I will do some laundry today and go for a nice walk.

We are going to see Isaac tomorrow and stay overnight, I can't wait!

Okay, since I have your names for Facebook I will find you. Marla do the same and we can hook up.

Shirley
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I think I forgot to give you an update on my hair when I saw the dermatologist. He listened to my story of hair loss and stress I experienced with knee injury and my job last year and summer. He checked my scalp and stated he believes it is stress related not due to aging. He said trauma and stress can cause hair loss up to a year after the stressful event. Our hair has cycles of resting, loss and regrowth that are balanced for normal loss of hair that we all experience our whole lives. When extreme stress or trauma is experienced it can offset the balance of these cycles and hair loss can become the predominant cycle for a longer period of time. Since my loss is diminishing in the last couple of weeks he thinks it may stop and begin to go back to normal. This can also take up to a year. He said I could choose to use Rogaine or not, up to me. So time will tell...

Shirley- boating season!!!!! Let the parties begin! Isaac is very cute. I'm glad you get to see him again so soon.

I just got back from my grocery shopping for lunch food and healthy snacks recommended by nutritionist. I won't be home for dinner T, W, or Th this week so I didn't concentrate on meals for dinner. Russ has planned a healthy meal tomorrow night.

Beautiful day here so we are going to take the dogs to the dog park so they can run. Charlie got his cone off and his wound is healed. I looked in to the Humane Society and surrendering my cat. It would cost $50 and then they have a counseling session to determine if they can help you keep it (not!), find it a home, or humane euthanization. I just have to get up the nerve to call and make the appt. My guilt is huge when I see how healthy Tommy is but his behaviors probably make him unadoptable. A cat will never pass my door again for the rest of my life. I've had several, some good and some difficult. This is my last cat!

Well have a nice day! I need to log my breakfast...
    Jenny
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Okay ladies I have sent FB requests to Jenny and Amy. Marla send me your name and I will send a
    friend request.

Shirley