Welcome!

Options
12345679»

Replies

• danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Peta314 wrote: »
    Mrmrsvoekel, so sorry to hear that you were sick on your birthday. I hope you are feeling better now!

Thank you Peta, and yes I'm 110% now! ready to start some running, have an upcoming 5K I just found out I'm going to lol, and of course get back my true love, the barbell ;)

It's Friday, keep going shredders! So proud of you all who made it, who are struggling to get in another day and to those who are just starting. You are amazing and Inspiring. Keep on trucking you fabulous people you!
  • Peta314
    Peta314 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you Peta, and yes I'm 110% now! ready to start some running, have an upcoming 5K I just found out I'm going to lol, and of course get back my true love, the barbell ;)

That's great news! I've never tried a 5K run before, but I did start couch to 5k last year and was able to run 5k without stopping. It's been nearly a year since that, so I might just try to run again.

How are you all doing with the 30DS? Last week after finishing, I decide to start ripped in 30. I have completed my first week yesterday. It had some fairly easy movements (in comparison with 30DS), and some were hard. However, I'm not looking forward to week 2 because it seems that it's going to be the most difficult for me so far. But I'm not stopping!

Let's keep on trying!
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    I was sick again and missed few days... But I did Day 7 today. Three more days... Despite all the hurdles I'll finish it!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Day 8 is done. Two more left! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    Day 8 is done. Two more left! :)
    Day 9 is done. Last one tomorrow!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    I am done! It took me 36 days - from October 11th till November 18th. I had two breaks due to illness, each three days long. I lost 5 lbs (from 151.8 lbs to 146.6) and who knows how many inches. I did not measure my waist, hops, etc, but I know that my pants got very loose. Now, to be fair, I also did c25k during this five weeks and was trying to eat well.

It was my first time doing a program at home and, honestly, each level was interesting for the first 5-7 days and than became quite boring.... I already have Ripped in 30 and will try it soon. Maybe I'll start this weekend! Thanks everybody for your support - without all of you it would be much harder to stick in!
  • Aine8046
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Here are before and after pictures... (sorry about the ugly underwear :))

x46bhpgo28e3.jpg
    7rdcm8ugryo4.jpg

[/list]
    2.jpg 45.4K
    1.jpg 51.4K
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    Here are before and after pictures... (sorry about the ugly underwear :))

x46bhpgo28e3.jpg
    7rdcm8ugryo4.jpg

[/list]

Oh wow! What an amazing change! I'm so proud of you for sticking with it! Hows C25k going? I love that program too!

Thanks for posting the photos, they show so much change!

Finally made it back to the gym last night after two weeks of no lifting because that virus in my house, it felt great and I'm feeling it. haha
  • Peta314
    Options
    Way to go Aine!! You look amazing! You look so much more toned and you definitely shredded!

I'm already in week 2 of ripped in 30. Doing 6 workouts a week a resting one day like she says in the brochure. It's tough, specially week 2 when for the cardio she does plank jacks followed by the mountain climbers. My shoulders and arms are hurting!
    Summer is starting here in Argentina, and i will also try C25K soon! The bad news is that I need hip surgery for that labral tear. I will try to schedule that after the summer holidays and will try to keep on losing weight and working out so that I'm in better shape to handle rehab after.

Keep it up!!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Thank you, ladies! There still a lot to work on, but I see the difference too :) Peta, you are my inspiration! Way to go! :)
  • Sammie51013
    Sammie51013 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wow, back from my trip and you look awesome!!!!!! Congratulations! And Peta, two weeks into Ripped in 30 already? That's great! I'm hoping to start soon myself. Is it harder than 30 day shred? It sounds really tough. Sorry to hear about your surgery though, that sounds tough.

• Peta314
    Options
    Hi Sammie! How was your trip? Yes, I have already started week 3. I'm resting one day a week, so it's 6 days of exercises. I don't know why, but I find it that some moves are easier, but others are way more thought to do. I think that in Ripped in 30 Jillian concentrates on each muscle a makes you work that muscle quite a few times in a row, and that's why it's harder (at least for me). For example, this is the first time I really feel soreness in my thighs. I've never experienced this level of soreness with the 30DS. However, I do like it! I definitely recommend it if you want to continue with Jillian. I have already decided that if I survive Ripped in 30, I will try Body Revolution next.

Hope you are all having a great week!
  • Peta314
    Options
    Hi guys! I want to share some great news I got today. I went to see my doctor, and she measured me completely. Not only have I lost the weight I put on last year, but I also have more muscle. She told me that even though I weight the same as last year, 2kg of the fat i had is now 2kg of muscle!! I'm soo happy! That means that I'm getting healthier regardless of the number on the scale. I still have 15kg to lose, but slowly I'm getting there. And I must say that the support of you guys has helped me a lot. So thank you all for sharing your experience and for working out alongside. I really appreciate it.
  • Sammie51013
    Options
    That's amazing!!!! You should be so proud of yourself. Hard work really paid off! You deserve it :) Great job! Thanks for the info on ripped in 30, sounds like a good next step for me after this.
  • Peta314
    Options
    Yeah! I definitely recommend Ripped in 30. I have just finished week 3 and it was brutal for me.. But I'm very proud and happy. My family sees a lot of changes in my body so it is working! Go for it! You'll like it a lot.
  • Peta314
    Options
    Hi guys! How are you all doing? any updates?
  • Sammie51013
    Options
    Hey Peta, I just got around to starting Ripped in 30. Today is day 2 for me and OMG I am sore!!!! I couldn't even sit today lol but I am glad to be back in it.

I took two weeks off, although not purposely. I was sick the first week after Thanksgiving, and then my cat got very sick and had to be put down last week. She needed a lot of time and care and I just didn't have time/energy to put into myself. Now I am trying to get back into it.

The pain means I really need to keep going lol I did find that once I got moving today, it didn't hurt as badly.

How have you been doing?? Did you finish Ripped in 30?
  • Peta314
    Options
    I'm so so so sorry to hear about your cat :'( . I have a cat too, and I couldn't imagine my life without him. People usually have a misconception that cats are not sweet and cuddly at all, and that they are selfish pets. But that's not the case... Funny story, when I was doing my 30DS with the pushups, I actually ended up clashing my head into my cat's head! He came to rub his cheeks through my arms while I descended from the pushups. hahahaha

Good for you for starting Ripped in 30!! Yes, I have finished already and I must say I really enjoyed it a lot! I got stronger and I liked changing the workouts every week instead of every 10 days. I have now started with Body Revolution. Phase 1 is fairly easy, or at least I find it mucho more easy than 30DS and Rippedin30 (with less calories burnt too :s ). I guess it will become harder as it progresses though. Unfortunately, I didn't keep up with my diet and I've been eating junk food. Thanks to the exercise I didn't gain weight, but I haven't lost any for the last 3 weeks. Well, that's life... just trying to keep this lifestyle despite the obstacles. :D
  • Sammie51013
    Options
    Peta, my kitty would try to rub up on me when I was doing 30 DS too!! Then all her fur would get stuck in my sweatiness lol you are right, both our cats were the snuggliest, most loving animals I have ever met. It's been hard, our cat thats still alive is lonely.

Great work with Body Revolution! You must be so strong by now, which might be why it feels easier. I've been leveled out around the same weight too, I have been attributing it to eating like crap with the holidays. But normally I'd gain this time of year, so that's a plus.
  • Peta314
    Options
    Merry Christmas!!! I hope you all had an enjoyable holiday with your love ones!