Like Minded Lushes - November 2014

Options

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Last night I finished off the box wine, and shared a bottle of white with 2 friends. Since I drank everything in the house last night, probably 0 tonight...
    j/k there's always vodka, rum, and whiskey...and liquor stores...
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    amysj303 wrote: »
    Last night I finished off the box wine, and shared a bottle of white with 2 friends. Since I drank everything in the house last night, probably 0 tonight...
    j/k there's always vodka, rum, and whiskey...and liquor stores...

:laugh: :laugh:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-2 raspberry vodkas with sprite zero
    Thursday-1 raspberry vodka and 2 orange vodkas with sprite zero
    Friday-Well it is friday! We will probably take a walk to the liquor store and reup :bigsmile:

Not quite sure what the weekend holds. We may be going out to lunch with Lenny's parents, not sure which day though. Otherwise, just hanging out around the house and getting some times done. We are both off Monday, we have an appt early then lunch at our favorite spot!!!!!!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    More of the same last night.

We are going on a date tonight and I am so excited! My sister is babysitting and we are going to this cute new little restaurant downtown. I have been there once on a girls night, but this will be Mike's first time. They have GREAT cocktails....and the food is good too :) No other big plans for the weekend, just trying to be productive around the house.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Monday-Thursday = ZERO. All bets are off for tonight. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Way to go Gary! Chloe have a great date. Amy I always seem to find something to drink somewhere. Kate enjoy your walk to the liquor store. Bridget, I totally understand. I don't deal well with incompetent people.

Nobig plans for the weekend. Probably going to make some candles and cook something fun.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    WHOA Gary...you killed those zeros this week. AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Robin-making candles...how fun!!! Enjoy yourself!!!!

Chloe-your evening sounds lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Gary gets the grand prize this week....well done!!
    The rest of you seem to be plugging along as well and looking forward to the weekend!
    The son comes home Tuesday...so I'm getting antsy.....wooohoooo! :)
  • kblue2007
    Options
    OOOOOHHHHH Syd, how exciting for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    ChLoE1130 wrote: »
    I'm right with Kat...working out consistently and doing ok with food. But, more wine as well! I'm thinking this is going to be the trend straight through the holidays :drinker:

Ditto. As cliche as it is I'm going to really try and get back into a good work out routine after the holidays and shoot for major zeros. I'm hoping things will get easier after April, that'll probably be the hardest date but I'll try and smile for my sweet Lily ❤ ='}
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Friday was lushy two of the these amazing gin cocktails at the restaurant, then a glass of wine with dessert. We stopped by my work holiday party for a bit, I had a VERY weak vodka tonic, a Stella, and a small glass of red. Then we stopped by the bar down the street from our house and had two hard ciders. Now that I type this out I probably should have been more hungover than I was.

Saturday- 1 glass of red
    Sunday- about 3/4 a bottle of red sipped throughout the afternoon/evening

Probably more of the same this week I am sure especially with the holiday!

• rjadams
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I enjoyed a bottle of white on Saturday and a few vodka rocks. Sunday we set our bathroom on fire. It was an exciting day. :explode: I had some wine last night to try to calm down. Now I guess I will be remodeling the bathroom a little sooner than I thought.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    rjadams wrote: »
    Sunday we set our bathroom on fire. It was an exciting day. :explode: I had some wine last night to try to calm down. Now I guess I will be remodeling the bathroom a little sooner than I thought.

As a retired firefighter I want to hear a little bit more of the bathroom fire story. Mmm'kay? ;)

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    oh dear Robin...never a dull moment?
    Pretty boozy on Friday but had a 0 Saturday and a half a bottle of white yesterday. Lots of crappy food tho. My goal is to maintain (my still up 10 #'s from summer) weight this week. Son home tomorrow....partying will happen, I'm sure. I manage to avoid all the Thanksgiving foods but tend to make up for it with extra wine :)
  • rjadams
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Gary, the outlet with a heater in it shorted at the wall outlet. I was warming up the bathroom to take a shower. The idiot builders put a towel ring right above the outlet so the spark set the towel on fire. The breaker tripped as soon as it sparked and if there hadn't been a hand towel on the ring it wouldn't have been such a big deal. The towel smoldered and then caught fire. It melted the outlet and parts of the counter. It seriously scorched the wall and the wood molding on the counter. I have removed all other hand towels in our other bathrooms that hung over outlets. Lesson learned.

Yay for smoke alarms.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Fri - 4 drinks
    Sat - 5 drinks
    Sun - 3 drinks
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Robin, glad the damage was held to the outlet and some scorching. Not sure why the outlet shorted out- could be a bad outlet or the heater may have malfunctioned and drawn way too much power- course you would expect the gfci on the outlet to trip but then you may be in an older home that isn't equipped with that. Glad you are ok- just what you need more drama!
    -
    Sydney- have a great time with your son (you always do :wink: )

As for the rest of you- have a great day!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Oh Robin!!!!!! That is terribly scary!!!!!

Super duper superly duperly lushy!!!! I can not even count the amount of drinks I had from friday to yesterday but I can tell you I HAD A GREAT FRIGGIN WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They are calling for 3-8ins of snow through tomorrow. I may end up "working" from home tomorrow...which would be great cause I have some pies to make :wink: We shall see!!
    Have a great day everyone!
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Robin, that sounds so scary! I'm glad you're ok though!!!

Had a really lushy weekend. Had 0's Sunday night & last night...and tonight I'll have another 0. Tomorrow is my "Friday"...may have to wine tomorrow evening since we are going to my hubby's hometown on Thursday until Saturday. Fun fun!

Happy Thanksgiving week everyone!!
  • rjadams
    Options
    You know we don't live in an older home but neither bathroom had gfi outlets. the only one in the house is in the kitchen. We will be putting them in now though. fell asleep to vodka rocks last night. more of the same tonight I am sure. Wine on thursday and friday no doubt. gobble gobble y'all.