Like Minded Lushes - November 2014

Options

Replies

• Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    We're supposed to get hit with 8-12 inches of snow tomorrow so I stopped and got a few bottles of wine for the next few days. Have to go get the turkey and fixings once husband is home tonight. We're supposed to go to some office in the am to sign paperwork for our life insurance but I think that'll depend on weather. Hoping husband just works from home so he doesn't get stuck overnight at work. Not sure about drinks for tonight.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Wow Kat, good luck with the weather!

I wasn't going to have anything last night but I got word that my boss closed the office today so we poured some wine, about 8oz.
    I have to bake some pies today but otherwise not much. I can see a drink or two in my future.
    Tomorrow we are going to my parents and Lenny is DD but I won't be getting hammered. We are going to a black Friday event, they open at 7am...no kids not shopping...BEER!!!!
    Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!
    xoxo
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Yikes Kat. that's a lot of snow. I hope it all works out okay.
    It was a warm 55 this morning. I didn't feel guilty putting Bodi and Ritter out in their kennel. I had vodka cranberry last night. Tonight will be wine because Doug is going to pick up our wine club for the past three months. so that will be 18 bottles of wine. Woo hoo!!!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving lushes!
    My son is home...I had many cocktails last night. :drinker:
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Robin, if your kitchen has a gfi, it's possible the bathroom circuits are on it as well. To test it, press the test button and see if it kills the outlets in the bathrooms. May save you the cost of putting more of them in.

Thanksgiving tomorrow- used to dread it but now that we are retired I am actually looking forward to it. We will be hosting- and will have about a dozen family over. Everyone is bringing something which makes it easier. Menu includes:
    - Turkey enchiladas
    - Deep fried turkey
    - Ham
    - dressing
    - mashed potatoes and gravy
    - steamed vegetables
    - green bean casserole
    - fresh fruit
    - pumpkin pies
    - assorted other crap
    - beer and wine

Should be a blast!

Have a great Holiday everyone!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving dear lushes. There is a lot of wine in my near future

Gary, sounds delish, I will be right down. I know the kitchen gfi isn't on the same circuit because I had tripped it awhile ago and had no idea why my kitchen outlets weren't working for about a week (it was a blond moment) and the bathrooms were fine.

Syd, Enjoy the love, I wish I could see my kids.

To all my lush friends enjoy the day of indulgence and giving thanks.

• SoCalWoman
    Options
    turkey enchiladas sound yummmm, gary! Now that's the kind of Thanksgiving dish I could go for! (that and the assorted other crap lol)
    Enjoy your day and family!
    Everyone else...gobble, gobble!!
  • rjadams
    Options
    snow. didn't make it to the family dinner last night because we were in my car and not Doug's truck and it started to snow. so I drank the wine we were taking to the gathering.

• kblue2007
    Options
    Hope everyone had a fabulous thanksgiving! Robin it sucks you couldn't make it to the gathering but sure sounds like a great back up plan!!!!!!!!

I drank and eat so much food since wednesday. It is time to dry out...at least until thursday :wink:
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a terrific Thanksgiving! Mine was great on Thursday with in-laws in my hubby's hometown...but then the weekend kind of went downhill from Friday on. Car broke down on the way home on Saturday evening, so we had to ride home in a tow truck (complete with our cat who was not too happy about that...he does so well in cars too!).

Now it is back to a long work week. Hubby is home with the flu, so I will be picking up multiple items at the store this evening instead of going to the Y. Happy Monday!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    robin..good backup plan!
    OMG bridget...that sucks about your car and hub's flu. The visual of you with your cat in a tow truck did kinda make me snicker tho lol.
    Had a great time with the son...went by way too fast. But I booked his flight home for Christmas...only 18 more days...not that I'm counting. ;)
    I need to get serious for the next few weeks. I'm ready to get back on track before the Xmas tamales are around to tempt me!
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Syd, it was actually pretty hilarious. I mean, what else can you say? I had to wrap him up like a little baby in his blanket...and he was meowing like a crazy animal for a minute, then pretty much behaved. The tow truck driver probably thought we were crazy people! LOL
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Sounds like everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Sorry about you missing your dinner Robin.

Bridget- cars troubles suck- they can be so expensive! And being sick bites the big one too.
    -
    Syd- am with you on getting serious. Gotta drop a few pounds before the Christmas eating and partying!

Kate- time for me to dry out as well. Had a zero last night and plan on another tonight. Dentist tomorrow- its bad enough as it is, don't need a hangover making it worse.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I am so happy so see everyone is still lushing along. Same O, Same O over here. It will be a good year before we are settled if not longer.

I am really not liking this new format thing on MFP!!

I have to start buckling down. My sister is getting married in April and I had to buy the dress a size too small. It just kind of hit me this week that I need to get a grip on things.

Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0

• kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0

I need to get some exercise in....haven't done anything since thursday!!!! Thinking some yoga tonight and a light dinner. It's amazing how full and yucky I still feel!!!!!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Can one of you please start the December thread? Thanks! :drinker:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Lushy, lushy, lushy....

Back to work today after my 5 day weekend.

I really need some zeros, and I actually have no desire to drink, I think I can get some zeros in this week!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    ryzeman wrote: »
    Can one of you please start the December thread? Thanks! :drinker:

I would if I knew how my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bgrune131
    Options
    I have no idea how to start a new thread either! I'm sure we'll have a December one here soon :)

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0

Hubby is at home sick, so I will not be going to the gym again tonight. Hopefully I will make it tomorrow and Thursday! BUT...we'll see....ugh.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    First year we didn't have people over for thanksgiving and it was great. We usually send all leftovers home with people because we don't like leftovers but since it was just us we had some leftovers. They are almost all gone though, just some green bean casserole (which husband hates) turkey and stuffing left. Husband and I worked as a team and had everything put away and cleaned by 4. Then we just relaxed :) Today is my birthday and I'm just being lazy with the beasts. Might go shopping after the UPS guy comes with a package that apparently needs a signature. I've given into holiday indulgence so there will be drinks all week. I'll get back to healthier habits after the new year. Hope everyone is having a nice holiday season <3