NSV's = Non-scale Victories

Options

Replies

• luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    chamblisk wrote: »
    Had to do the monthly weigh-in today. It has been a rough month with vacations and eating out a lot. Have not felt very good about it. Stepped on the scale and yup, it was up .4 pounds. So this is probably TMI, but went back to the loo and then reweighed. I know my bladder likes to retain...second weigh-in, down .8! And for the first time, my BMI measured "MARGINALLY" overweight. I'll take it!! Next month is going to be another killer....2 weeks at the state fair with kids and dogs. Wish me luck!

That's great considering how busy you've been and all the travel. I call that a SV! You know what you're doing now and I'm sure you'll survive the State Fair just fine.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Marvelous event with the dress Lulu. I am sure you will look great. Kathi, you have done a tremendous job, especially with busy lives it is hard to keep every calorie and meal on track. Kudos!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    That is lovely to hear.❤️❤️
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Prep for the wedding has him moving in directions he did not anticipate. :) 'Hoping for more happy surprises in to come.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    At spin, my wattages are usually in the 200 or 300 range. today I hit the high 700's!!!
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    ^^^Holey-moley! You could really light up the town!
  • luluinca
    Options
    At spin, my wattages are usually in the 200 or 300 range. today I hit the high 700's!!!

Very impressive!
  • janwei
    janwei Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love to read these posts...well done! It's really motivating for those of us just starting out :)
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Yes, we're a hardy bunch.
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    Not sure if I've mentioned here that I've been running since January. I've gradually built up my distance and pace, slight improvements every week or so.

Next weekend I have my first 5K and 3 weeks ago I was still pretty nervous about it........not anymore. A 5K has become fairly common for me in my practice runs and while I may not be fast...........I won't be walking.

As soon at this race is over I'll begin training for a 10K................Turkey Trot in November.

I still can't believe I'm running!

Let us know how the race goes!
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Stepped way outside of normal today! I "ran" the BubbleBlast at the NYS Fair. Long story short, I needed new shoes and ended up entering my first organized run. And I survived! Pics when I can figure out how to post it.
  • luluinca
    Options
    @chamblisk fantastic job on the organized run. I did my first one last weekend and met @shanaber in Huntington Beach at the Tiki Run. She did the 10K with her daughter and niece and I did the 5K with my SIL.

Did you enjoy the run? Did the new shoes work out ok? I bought some about a month ago and they've really helped.

Just an update from my run a week ago.........my time was just ok, went out too fast the first mile and it was warmer than I expected and almost ran out of steam the last mile but hung in there. I'm looking forward to another one in October and training for a 10K in November...........Yikes.........not sure what's gotten into me!

As far as training goes I'm just trying to add miles every week and get my long run on Sundays at the park up to 6+miles. Today I ran 13 laps and it was 3.63 miles. Every lap adds about .27 miles so as long as I add a lap every week, if I can, I'll make it!
  • want8me9bk
    want8me9bk Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wow read through just a couple of pages of posts, and some of the comments made me sit back and think. How true is that as you lose weight your own closet becomes like a clothing storefront?? LOVED that, and then another set a goal of swimming 300m and has beat that already! SUPER Inspirational!! Just what I needed to start a Monday Morning!! Thank you all!!! :-)
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,123 Member
    Options
    From what I can see in the news, it sounds like the College might be salvageable. Good work!!
  • luluinca
    Options
    Nice work farback and it sounds like a pretty big fire! Looking sharp!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,838 Member
    Options
    @Farback, you all look pretty chipper after such a long night, if this was an actual post-events photo. And you're not the only "geezer", it seems. Thank you for doing what you do for your city! (Glad to hear there were no fatalities this time - I'm thinking that must make the experience sit a little more gently on one's mind, afterward.)