Replies

• marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I third it! Elize7 very impressive!!!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I belong to several groups here and one of them is an accountability group started by one of the MFP Moderators. Today he paid me a pretty nice compliment. I feel a little weird sharing but WTH............I've worked hard, even though I'm not sure I agree with him......LOL

@luluinca and @MJFSH............................you gals are killin' it with your physiques! How many would kill for them?

He may or may not remember that I'm 66....... ;)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/331789/tlfc-exercise-and-accountability-support#latest
  • marekdds
    Options
    No brag, just fact!
  • luluinca
    Options
    LOL, still awkward though but thanks Jen!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,838 Member
    Options
    An old photo popped up as a "Facebook memory" a couple of days ago, startling me a bit; today, I took a glance in the mirror at the Y that - for at least one of the first times in recent months - didn't startle me at all . . . . my NSV is that I think I'm starting to internalize a new body image.

(The "Facebook memory" photo, left, I always did & still do find hilarious: Given the mastectomy-flat upper body, I'm shaped just like Geoffrey Giraffe, only smaller! :D That photo is from 2004, roughly a year after I started rowing. I wore size 20 jeans. Rowing, without weight loss, got me down to about a size 16. Weight loss is all since April, 2015; I'm now a size 4/6.)
    ed2zs9lmvg25.jpg
  • marekdds
    Options
    Fabulous NSV and scale victory! Kudos on a job well done.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    @AnnPT77 - Thanks for the inspirational picture. It's awesome seeing what rowing can do for upper body. Think I may get my rowing machine back out!

@luluinca - Also appreciate your inspiration for tone and muscle, especially as I have followed your journey through this group and the group that you had before this one. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

I've worked to get my weight down and to do some emotional and physical healing. I'm ready to work on some tone and muscle of my own now. Appreciate the example you guys set. <3
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    @AnnPT77 - Thanks for the inspirational picture. It's awesome seeing what rowing can do for upper body. Think I may get my rowing machine back out!

@luluinca - Also appreciate your inspiration for tone and muscle, especially as I have followed your journey through this group and the group that you had before this one. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

I've worked to get my weight down and to do some emotional and physical healing. I'm ready to work on some tone and muscle of my own now. Appreciate the example you guys set. <3

You probably know this, but others may not, so I'm gonna say it:

Rowing is a lower body power sport.

Yes, it uses back & arms, too, but most of the power comes from the legs. At the risk of being self-congratulatory: I have quite strong quads, among other lower body muscles. They're not as visible, even without the jeans, because for some reason I've lost more body fat on my upper body vs. my lower body. But I know they're there. ;)

Yup, get out your rower: You'll see the same thing. :) Go, @JMarcella57!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    @AnnPT77 - Thanks for the info. I actually didn't know that. I still enjoy my rowing machine. But guess, I'll be doing other stuff for upper body. :)
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    @AnnPT77 - Thanks for the info. I actually didn't know that. I still enjoy my rowing machine. But guess, I'll be doing other stuff for upper body. :)

I think I wasn't clear - it does get the upper body. But it hits the lower body big time, as well. Most people who don't row think it's all upper body - but no. I haven't done much weight training, but seem to have developed some strength/muscle over the 14 years I've been rowing.

I'd be better off if I'd do more weight training, no question, though.
  • luluinca
    Options
    I went dress shopping this morning for my daughter's wedding in September. Her colors are lilac and mint green and I decided I really wanted a purple lacy dress, but one that wasn't too fancy because the wedding's supposed to be on the casual side.

I took 7 dresses into the dressing room with me and started trying them on from my most favorite to my least favorite. I tried on the first 3 and they all fit beautifully and I liked them all but the first one was really exactly what I had in mind. I decided to skip the other ones, sent daughter a pic of the one I liked, she loved it and so I bought it. Easy peasy and only took about 30 minutes from start to finish......LOL
  • marekdds
    Options
    That is so fun! Beats crying in the dressing room like I did when I weighed 200. My NSV is that a make oatmeal cookies yesterday and so far I have only had one. I am a major Cookie Monster.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,143 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @luluinca - any time you can get clothes shopping done in 30 minutes is a huge NSV!! I have never liked clothes shopping...might be easier if there was a modicum of standardization in the sizes...but I really dislike having to try on so many different sizes of the same thing to just figure out what will fit.

And congrats @marekdds! If you love cookies, then that is amazing restraint!
  • luluinca
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    @luluinca - any time you can get clothes shopping done in 30 minutes is a huge NSV!! I have never liked clothes shopping...might be easier if there was a modicum of standardization in the sizes...but I really dislike having to try on so many different sizes of the same thing to just figure out what will fit.

And congrats @marekdds! If you love cookies, then that is amazing restraint!

I know, the same thing happened with our other daughter's wedding in March..........bought the first and only dress I tried on.....LOL

I agree with you about Jen's NSV.............cookie restraint is amazing!
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Cookies are way too easy to pick up and pop in. I can't keep them in the house. Oreos are the worst, although my daughter bought the Oreo Thins last time I visited. Fortunately, it was my last day with her so I ate and ran....hahaha. I will occaisionally bake cobbler, cake or brownies for my boys. At least I have to get out a knife and cut a piece....one extra step seems to give me just enough time to think if I really want/need it. Or is it just there. (I always want it)
  • luluinca
    Options
    I haven't bought cookies in years. I bake a lot of them during the holidays as give away gifts to friends and family but box them up and put them in our freezer in the warehouse. It's too much work to go out and get one....LOL

I still bake things occasionally but generally only if it's some sort of gathering and usually find someone to take home the leftovers. I love baked goods.............those are my downfall so I try to stay clear as much as possible.
  • luluinca
    Options
    A funny thing happened last night...........I tried the dress on for my husband and he loved it but thinks it's a little too big. We're going back today to try on the smaller size.....LOL. I guess I'm still getting used to the new me.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    A funny thing happened last night...........I tried the dress on for my husband and he loved it but thinks it's a little too big. We're going back today to try on the smaller size.....LOL. I guess I'm still getting used to the new me.

Excellent! But be sure to leave enough ease for dancing. ;)
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Had to do the monthly weigh-in today. It has been a rough month with vacations and eating out a lot. Have not felt very good about it. Stepped on the scale and yup, it was up .4 pounds. So this is probably TMI, but went back to the loo and then reweighed. I know my bladder likes to retain...second weigh-in, down .8! And for the first time, my BMI measured "MARGINALLY" overweight. I'll take it!! Next month is going to be another killer....2 weeks at the state fair with kids and dogs. Wish me luck!
  • luluinca
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    luluinca wrote: »

Excellent! But be sure to leave enough ease for dancing. ;)

I did get the smaller size.........don't know what I was thinking. It's a great dancing dress because it has a flare at the bottom and it's a knee length so I won't get all tangled up in a long dress. I love to dance!