Replies

• carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I meant "keep up the awesomeness!"
  • markd_cronenwett
    markd_cronenwett Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Better get this in here before I head to the site for round 2 of problem solving. Pretty much eating salads while I am here.
  • kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Ate out last night, I was at a BBQ joint so I mostly stayed on my diet... I did eat a few onions rings and some Texas toast though...
  • MarkMcElvy
    MarkMcElvy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    kc9ljo wrote: »
    Day 3, man I struggle with staying away from sugar.

Im with ya there, I know its bad for me but I have to daily/hourly consciously say NO!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Back at work today, but swamped. So now my challenge will be to get through the day without stress eating! LOL

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Three people have offered me chocolate today. I stood my ground...so far:) I'm with ya Stacy. I want to stress eat. Took a mini-break and did the 2D Nail Challenge breathing work. It helped.

Carol, All the best with the hectic day!
  • kris3b
    Options
    Took Kiddo to a concert last night Alt-J, Cage the Elephant, Vance Joy, Meg Meyers. (We're alternative music fans).

Lucky you! I tried to get tickets to Alt-J the last time they were in Detroit, but it sold out. As for the minimalist runners, I enjoy them on the trails, but can't seem to do it on pavement yet.
  • TJ_Gauthier
    TJ_Gauthier Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Day 3!

I had an awesome dinner last night. My wife sent me 2 new recipes, so I made Garlic Parmesan Chicken with Spinach and an awesome "Super-Food" salad. I'll post the recipes in the "Healthy Recipes" thread.

kjhefzzxkvba.jpg
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hang in there sugar lovers!! We can do this!
    Hi, my name is Heron and I'm a sugarholic. I used to put away chocolates, candies and pastries by the pounds. Take it one candy at a time. Maybe today you can only say no once. That's great! that's an improvement. Maybe next week you can say "no" twice. Pretty soon you'll learn to control impulses and realized that we don't "need" that candy like how our mind like to deceive us at times. ;)
    So for today let's practice just saying no once to something you think you really want that is not healthy. Let's just start there. <3

I am eyeing on some minimalist hiking boots... Oh Merrells
  • JackTJr
    JackTJr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Day 3, still here! Hammer - Nice work on module ! I've been thinking about doing that myself. How difficult?
  • aceronjr
    aceronjr Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Day 3 ... anybody remember when Nancy Reagan was the First Lady?
    "Just say NO!" to carbs :) ... embrace the butter and bacon!
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Day 3!

I had an awesome dinner last night. My wife sent me 2 new recipes, so I made Garlic Parmesan Chicken with Spinach and an awesome "Super-Food" salad. I'll post the recipes in the "Healthy Recipes" thread.

kjhefzzxkvba.jpg

Yum TJ! My hubby cooks also. We are lucky gals.
  • TJ_Gauthier
    TJ_Gauthier Posts: 317 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Carol, I love cooking. I probably get that from my dad. I love trying new stuff, so Polly is always sending me recipes. She cooks, too, but she prefers I do it, lol. She doesn't like prepping and browning meat, so after I do that, I might as well finish it up!
  • imabizzybee
    imabizzybee Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Heron, I am a sugarholic too. My drug of choice i s candy, especially Reese's PB Cups. But, at least that is portion controlled - I am happy eating one if it is wrapped as a single. Basically, I eat whatever the package is. A one-pound bag of M&Ms is a single serving to me, but so is a snack-size bag. The moral of that story is to buy something in small portions!

Let us know about the hiking boots. I've been wondering, too.
  • imabizzybee
    imabizzybee Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hey! Baby back ribs have a lot of fat and are yummy! Might have them more often. They have protein too, of course, but it looks like protein:fat is 1:1
  • kris3b
    Options
    That looks delicious TJ.

Cynthia, I am the same way with Doritos. They must never enter my house.

Arturo, I was embracing a whole lot of bacon and butter on my last business trip. Hadn't had either in a couple years. It was crazy how much I had. I missed it. Still scared to venture down that path again.

I may just need to have some fat tonight. Cals low again. Problem is I am not hungry at all. Forgot about my physical next week. Ugh! The doc is going to give me heck about my weight. Need to fast for blood work tonight. Please let the numbers be good. If they are good, he might give me a free card:)
  • tindercd
    tindercd Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    heronh wrote: »
    More on running.. I watched a documentary and it turns out (through research and experiments) that the average population and professional runners have the same running stride. The difference is that professional runners run on the ball of their feet, their heels barely touch the ground and they are pushing off harder. When you are on the balls of your feet you are basically on springs (Thank you Achilles tendons) Make sure you do ankle strengthening exercises. I think a lot of people focus on the big muscles and forget how important having strong ankles are to being stable. Next time you run try to consciously push off harder, you'll see an improvement in time. You might get tired a little quicker because you are using more muscles but in time your body will get used to it. My endurance is crap!( 15 years of smoking will do that to you.) But I'm always getting better. I don't want to be fastest, I just want to make progress ;)

This is what I do minus pushing off harder. It's actually a pull if you can believe it. It's called POSE running, and it's basically falling forward constantly and catching yourself. At first, it was murder on my calves but figured out that it's a little more relaxed than pointing toes down at the ground. The reason I can't get around doing it on the treadmill is because I'm not going anywhere so it throws off my balance. I just need to practice.

Brian Mackenzie with Crossfit Endurance has some really good drills for practicing these techniques.

I almost got a pair of Merrills but ended up chickening out. I usually order everything online, but I think my next pair I will need to go to a running store which the closest is 90 minutes away from me. I really like light shoes so the Nike Free line did well. The Merrills I was looking at looked like a sock with a piece of rubber on the bottom which is perfect! Hopefully I'll get a chance to go to the store soon. Thanks for the input!
  • tindercd
    Options
    heronh wrote: »
    My endurance is crap!( 15 years of smoking will do that to you.) But I'm always getting better. I don't want to be fastest, I just want to make progress ;)

Also former smoker so I feel ya! Only 6 years fortunately so it's actually been a really good bounce back. When I get down on my speed I always think back to the first time I tried to run a mile while I was still smoking and it took me like 15 minutes or something. Always gotta remember where we came from!
  • tindercd
    Options
    Checking in...did cross training today as my program called for it...

3 rounds:
    30 24" Box Jumps
    30 50lb KB swings
    30 Sit-ups

Took me 17:08...I went really slow on the boxes and did step downs instead of jump downs. Ever since I hurt my wrist I'm extra careful with my other body parts...no reason to add a bunch of stress to my achilles unless I have to.

Ate sushi for lunch...was incredibly hungry the rest of the day...ate leftover ham and turkey with sweet potatoes (with little bits of bacon and green chile mixed in) for dinner. It was delicious. I started marinating my elk roast so that'll go into the crockpot tonight and hopefully by this time tomorrow I'll have some delicious elk meat with a glass of wine:).

Everybody make sure you're drinking enough water! I know it's always a battle to get enough ounces in!
  • aceronjr
    aceronjr Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Anybody seen Nick past couple of days? Looks like we've already lost one after only the first day :(