Dec 1-Dec 6 Check In Challenge Thread

Options

Replies

• easmythcrna
    easmythcrna Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late getting into the challenge, but I'm going to try to keep at it this time.
  • kc9ljo
    kc9ljo Posts: 19
    Options
    Day 4!!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Yep, got to roll early today Have to help set up Christmas tree throughout the Hospital today, OT approved.
  • Hmrjmr1
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Throw Back Thursday Was still not at my heaviest gained another 50 lbs from this point.
    My Mom and Son Dan in the Pic.

v9epq84v7pwg.jpg

• easmythcrna
    easmythcrna Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone.
  • jeffreyschmitt34
    jeffreyschmitt34 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Day 4 time to refocus
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Welcome Aaron! Wow Hammer! You've made amazing progress from that pic! How much weight did you lose? When was that??
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Cute pic John. Such and inspiration!

Made it over 1000 calories yesterday and did chest, triceps and knee stretches. I am dragging this morning. Dislike fasting for blood work and all I can think about is how much I want COFFEE!
  • imabizzybee
    imabizzybee Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Just ate a fat bomb and now I'm headed to the gym to lift - arms and chest/back today. The freezing rain finally ended, so walking is much nicer. 40 degrees and sunny.

Nice work Kris! Up over 1000 is a win for the day. Hope the blood work turns out good results.

FYI for those of you worried about the effect of HFLC on your body, I get my blood tested once per semester. While I've never had notable problems with the results at any point, my HDL, LDL, Trigs, sugar, and blood pressure couldn't be better even with HFLC. The lab tech always comments that I should be a poster child for running (she doesn't know what I eat, and would probably freak out).
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Wow Hammr impressive.

Think I've recovered from Tuesday night lack of sleep to work out today. I've been toying with measuring HRV and had big drop yesterday morning, back above baseline today.
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Just ate a fat bomb and now I'm headed to the gym to lift - arms and chest/back today. The freezing rain finally ended, so walking is much nicer. 40 degrees and sunny.

Nice work Kris! Up over 1000 is a win for the day. Hope the blood work turns out good results.

FYI for those of you worried about the effect of HFLC on your body, I get my blood tested once per semester. While I've never had notable problems with the results at any point, my HDL, LDL, Trigs, sugar, and blood pressure couldn't be better even with HFLC. The lab tech always comments that I should be a poster child for running (she doesn't know what I eat, and would probably freak out).

Congrats on the temps. We are supposed to hit 40 this weekend and I am meeting friends at the trails.

Thanks for the support and sharing the blood test info. A couple of years ago my numbers were suddenly taking a nosedive. I cut out beef, pork, most dairy and increased olive oil. My numbers quickly rebounded even with weight gain. I ended up having to visit a GI doctor and some issues I was having were caused by the increase in carbs (not to mention the weight gain). He mentioned some studies he had been reading about carbs with some people and how they led to things like fatty livers. It will be interesting to see the numbers since the main thing that has changed is my lack of running for months and the weight gain. Fingers crossed that they are not too bad.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    For Comparison5q6o8qvet6n9.jpg
  • MarkMcElvy
    MarkMcElvy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thursday is here...
  • Selang10
    Options
    Day 4! This is very helpful. Have a great day, all.
  • kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Big pto of low carb deer chili in the crock pot... happy Thursday!
  • imabizzybee
    imabizzybee Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Oh venison chili. Love it!
  • kilosierra83
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I just realized I haven't seen Howie in a while. Anyone know where he has been?

Awesome before and after pic Hammer!
  • TJ_Gauthier
    TJ_Gauthier Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I took the day off of work today because I didn't get any sleep. Not that I barely slept. I didn't sleep AT ALL! I don't know why. Won't be doing much today, as I'm still up from yesterday.
  • kilosierra83
    Options
    Hey everyone. I took the day off of work today because I didn't get any sleep. Not that I barely slept. I didn't sleep AT ALL! I don't know why. Won't be doing much today, as I'm still up from yesterday.

Hate that... last time it happened to me it was medication I was on after an injury.

• heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Chris, thanks for the info! I will definitely check it out. And thank you for reminding how far we ex smokers had come.! Yeah!
    Wherever you go to but the shoes just make sure they have a good return policy.
    John, the before and after pics are so inspirational!
    I had lots of GI issue until I embrace the ULCHF lifestyle
    Love the blood work info!
    Venison.. Yummmm
    When I have trouble sleeping I put on one of those sleep meditation/hypnosis video on Youtube. It works.
    I just realized I haven't seen Howie in a while. Anyone know where he has been?

i messaged him and he is still around, its up to him to share his current status.

Break in the weather today Sunshine and highs in the mid 60s lol Gotta love Bay area weather