30 lbs to loose. Anybody like me?

Options

Replies

• AriDublyu
    Options
    I hope things are going well for you! I lost 40 lbs. in my 40's - so it's doable. This community helped. Though I'm not very active I'm always happy to chat about what worked for me.
  • 252sarahw
    252sarahw Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi all - How's everything. Staying motivated?
  • kadan4
    kadan4 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is my first post, I haven't been very active on myfitnesspal but now I'm ready. I'm 43 with 25-30 lbs to lose and would love all the support I can get. I don't have a workout buddy or anyone watching what I eat except me, so being accountable to some online friends would help motivate me and keep me in check. I would gladly return the favor. Add me too, I'm all about making it work this time! No excuses!
  • annrevoy
    annrevoy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    252sarahw wrote: »
    Ok so anybody like me? I'm 46 and got to get 30 lbs off. Sick and tired of being sick in tired. Have done it before but not as easy as it use to be. I'm committed to get it off before summer. I need a few buddy's for support though :D . Anyone in with me?

• SW345
    SW345 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and want to lose 50 lbs. I have lost 5 lbs so far. I'm training to run a marathon this summer. That encourages me to lose weight.
  • delayneduffy
    delayneduffy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 46. I have lost 80 pounds so far and gained a few pounds back due to a stressful school year and the holidays - want / need to go down 20 more. Went from size 18/20 to size 6!
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Please add me. Would love to go through this journey with a group around my age. I'm 45. I work out at a local gym & I've been doing my best to track food/activity. A 40lb loss would be awesome...I know I'll have to break it down into small losses.
  • wannabthin1831
    wannabthin1831 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly and take measurements every other. It is allowing me to see results. I was amazed at the difference in my measurements in such a short time.

Me too I have to see some results and to me a daily weigh in would just let me feel frustrated. I think this timing is just enough to hold me accountable and see progress to keep me encouraged.
  • wannabthin1831
    wannabthin1831 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    252sarahw wrote: »
    Hi all - How's everything. Staying motivated?

Decided to try and add more friends from this thread to help keep me motivated. It is so good to know I'm not alone in this process ! Please add me ladies!
  • 252sarahw
    Options
    Hi All, I have not been to this post in a few days. Sorry

Welcome to the new folks here:

Kadan
    annrevoy
    Sw345
    Dlayeduffy
    Saragirl2

I will gladly add you as friends.

So what's going on with everyone?

I'm slowly but surely getting my 45+ something body figured out. What use to work for weight loss.. well, it doesn't work that way for me anymore. <sigh> However...My plateau is finally over. I hope. I lost 1 pound this week. Go me! My weight seems to be moving forward and holding with my new plan. It was bouncing up and down by about 3 pounds or so. This past Friday, I cut the exercising back just a few days a week and viola! My stall appears to have ended. The scale bouncing has stopped. You see, I was working out 7 days a week since Jan 2nd with very slow progress. Doing 5-10 miles walking a day. I was building muscle and toning just great, but w. little to show on the scale. I know. I know. fat vs. muscle etc. Non-scale victories. Clothing was much looser, but the scale was stuck. Still it's very discouraging with no movement for weeks ya know? Hubby finally convenience me to allow my body time to recoup here and there. Also trying much harder not to go BELOW my daily 1200 calorie goal. It's working like a charm now. Again folks, this is a journey for me with no end. It's not a quick fix. I'm experimenting to find what works for me. The numbers going lower and holding steady is encouraging. boy have I have found that salt has a huge, huge effect on me.
  • 252sarahw
    Options
    Oh and my husband is also leaving me notes of encouragement like these, on my mirror, my scales, my treadmill my computer. I love it.b54xzj2024et.jpg
    aq4gqj2gm500.jpg
  • zorks4ever
    zorks4ever Posts: 32
    edited February 2015
    Options
    What a great group! I am nearly 41 and need to GET RID OF 30 pounds. I don't want to lose weight. Lost things get found. I miss my electric blue suit. Can't believe how fast I outgrew it.
  • snorklr
    Options
    Hey, looks like some of you are just like me, early 40s female who wants to lose 30 lbs or so by July.
    Back on mfp after quite a while... Can I not add friends without giving mfp access to my address book? Can't quite figure that out, feel free to friend me.
  • 252sarahw
    Options
    zorks4ever wrote: »
    What a great group! I am nearly 41 and need to GET RID OF 30 pounds. I don't want to lose weight. Lost things get found. I miss my electric blue suit. Can't believe how fast I outgrew it.

I love it!... "don't want to lose weight. Lost things get found" and.... "I miss my electric blue suit." Totally agree with you there and I have a few trunks full of clothes I miss.. lol bu the are probably out of fashion by now. Welcome.
  • MaryLever2
    MaryLever2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow I'm not alone. Need to loose 25-30lbs finding it quite hard, doesn't help, primenopausal under active thyroid etc. would love to hear of healthy tasty foods and how to keep up with it. Good luck to you all :-)
  • yellowradiates
    yellowradiates Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone - NSV comfortably fit into a pair of pants yesterday that were too tight when I bought them last April also my dear husband has suggested we go to the gym 2 evenings a week to reduce our mindless night time eating.....YEAH!!!!
    Today I will plan 4 meals for the week, plan my exercise and prepare mentally for my weigh in tomorrow. Have an amazing day everyone and plan/prepare for success.
  • 252sarahw
    Options
    MaryLever2 wrote: »
    Wow I'm not alone. Need to loose 25-30lbs finding it quite hard, doesn't help, primenopausal under active thyroid etc. would love to hear of healthy tasty foods and how to keep up with it. Good luck to you all :-)

Hi Mary, I made a dozen of these this weekend. They are low cal and freeze up really nice. Pop 'em in the toaster oven or microwave and volia! Instant breakfast for folks on the go.

b49yns09n6ve.jpg

Here is the recipe link... scroll way down to the bottom for calorie info.
    I've seen a dozen ways this can be made, bacon, sausage, prosciutto, low cal cheeses, or a tiny dollop of cream cheese. mushrooms, hash browns, onions peppers, tomatoes etc. Its great because you can modify it to what you like. You can keep it simple country or make it ultra chez gourmet.
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Tomatoes-and-Bacon-Egg-Muffins/Detail.aspx?prop24=RD_RelatedRecipes

Anybody else have any good "make ahead and freeze" Breakfast or lunch recipes. Please share them with us. I really need some lunch ideas myself. How 'bout ya'll?
  • clevermonkey70
    Options
    Turning 45 and just realized I have been wanting (but obviously not trying) to lose 30 lbs for over 10 years now! I'm a smart person and it is time to begin taking myself seriously. I know it will help me to enjoy my life to get out of this rut. I deserve to be happy in my body, I just need to start to believe it.
  • 252sarahw
    Options
    Turning 45 and just realized I have been wanting (but obviously not trying) to lose 30 lbs for over 10 years now! I'm a smart person and it is time to begin taking myself seriously. I know it will help me to enjoy my life to get out of this rut. I deserve to be happy in my body, I just need to start to believe it.

Yes. Yes Yes.

bptn5tywduf4.jpg
    g1pj3u21yt80.jpg
  • mominstands
    mominstands Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 45 in a little over a month. I've been struggling just to lose any weight instead of gaining. I lost 10lbs before the Holidays and have been struggling to get back on track since then. I need support & motivation and lots of it because everyday I just seem like I'm going backwards instead of forward.

I could use friends who want to motivate and support!!!