Pot Bellied Stove / Water Cooler

Replies

• anewstart22
    anewstart22 Posts: 885 Member
    Good morning everyone, it's a nice day out there right now. 80 degrees and 87% humidity. Humid and warm but not hot and humid so much better to deal with. I hope it doesn't warm up too much because I have to go to big town this afternoon.

Cleanup is slow, still waiting on neighbors and fence decisions. The neighborhood is looking better as the debris and brush are being removed. It's almost looking normal again when I look out my front door and down the street, except for the tarps on roofs and roof repairs being made here and there. I'm on a culdesac so I get to view all the houses in one long view.

It is time to decide what to plant for the fall garden. I don't think I will be having any tomatoes because our Lowe's garden center is still closed and wont be open until the beginning of the year. I didn't take my little seedlings with me when we evacuated so they were a loss and not priority when we got back home. The store itself finally opened back up a couple of days ago. They had a lot of damage.

Still a lot of restaurants and other business's closed all around us for miles. It's been strange not going out like we used to. Our city hall had so much damage they moved into the shopping center around the corner. They could not make that move until the flooding and roof damage was repaired on the shopping center. It's going to be a long road ahead for thousands in our surrounding areas.

I hope if any of you are in the California fire areas, that you are ok. We need a break from all this awful disaster.

Have a great day everyone.

• sannferris
    sannferris Posts: 1,432 Member
    Good Morning. What a huge clean-up job, Anew, glad to hear that it is continuing and looking better. You see light at the end of your tunnel, Yay! Amazing that you are still thinking of your garden during this time. I would let that go until next year...in fact, that's what I've done year after year, a garden takes so much energy, I just keep putting it off.

Jannie, Congratulations on your Eagle Scout. I can fully relate to putting off the paperwork, even if that delays the reward, but once again, just like a garden, I can just keep putting it off. So glad you popped in. And, still praying for your hip replacement surgery to come to pass. My friends, Gayla and Marilyn, are both so happy with their results. Pain-free and back to their normal activities and loving it.

Well, this is short, John had a bad night and it's continuing this morning. I think I'll skip Bible study today, I never feel comfortable leaving him when he's in a confused state.
  • sannferris
    Good Morning, a couple things popped into my head yesterday that I should have answered long ago. Someone asked if the essential oils took care of the spider bite, I had put lavender/coconut oil on immediately, I always have that mixture sitting on the bathroom sink. The next morning, after I looked in my books, I used the basil oil and the whole thing cleared up that second day. I think the basil did more good than the lavender, or, maybe, it would have been gone in 2 days anyway, hard to tell.
    And now, that I'm sitting here in front of the computer, I've forgotten the other question I wanted to answer. Maybe it will come back to me before I'm done typing.

Had a wonderful morning yesterday, got together with Carol and 4 other ladies from the Women's Bible study group that I attended years ago. I hadn't seen the other 4 for about a year and we had a great time catching up with each other's activities. Two of them had new grandbabies again and older grandchildren who were now dating, lots of info on dating. Scary to be a teenager these days.

Today, I have a therapy session and tomorrow will be a stay at home day. Saturday, we're planning to go downtown to the Vancouver Convention Center to listen to a choral competition. Norma's friend and her husband are in town for it. The husband, Dave, sings in two of the groups competing and we'll sit with his wife, Sarah. Norma and Sarah used to teach at the same school and exercise together every morning at Curves. They will be arriving Friday night and the Barbershop Quartet part of the competition is Friday night. I would love to hear Barbershop, but I'm not a night person anymore and will be in bed when Dave is performing. We'll go Saturday to hear the Chorus Competition part.

John is getting up already, so I'll close for now.
  • arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Hi, this week has been a full one. Sunday was different because I went to a different church for 4-H Sunday. We didn’t have a large turnout but it was still fun. I talked to the kids about 4-H during the children's "sermon" part of the service. After the service we enjoyed our potluck meal and then we baked 12 dozen cookies to be donated to a homeless shelter. Ralph went to our church and then to a tractor pull. Then it was time at home. I was going to start on my 4-H stuff but my computer kept freezing up (4-5 times). And I’d have to turn it off and try again. I texted my tech guy but he didn’t really know what was wrong. I made a list on paper – handwritten and went to bed.
    Monday was my 4-H Monday. The computer did not freeze up so I could get the calendar and things ready. Then I went to church and got my copies made. After lunch, I got my basket out and loaded up everything I was taking. At the start of a new year, there’s lot of stuff (only forgot 1 thing) to do. Then I got a call from Alan asking if I could pick his kids up from school. Katie was with her mom for the day and he was able to start combining soybeans. Well, I ended up having them till time to go to 4-H. Not too many were at 4-H but had 2 new families. We had a good installation service and several got enrolled. I got home about the same time as Ralph who had taken a load of soybeans to town.
    Tuesday morning I got things together for Good News Club and did stuff at home. I went to it in the afternoon and the evening was in town judging 4-H record books. I didn’t get home until after 10. Ralph has been back and forth to town with soybeans about 2 times each day. Sometimes there are lots of trucks in line and other times is faster but is never less than a 3 hour round trip.
    Wednesday we didn’t work on the Echoes since Arlene had had her eye surery. So I had the day at home and then went to church in the evening. I’m helping with the nursery there. That’s always fun. Thursday I had some of the day at home. Midday sister and I went to a funeral for a woman from our church. And in the evening I had Bible study and even though I didn’t get home until 10, I got home before Ralph with his 3rd load of soybeans to town.
    Friday I went and did the usual errands and was home the rest of the day. I got the house straightened and whatever else was on my list. I had wanted to go to Thomas’ football game but it ended up being a good thing to be at home cause Ralph needed help getting things home from the field since it was supposed to rain.
    This morning I went to Lori’s at 7. I stopped by the grocery store to get some cranberry juice for Ralph since we think he has a UTI (TMI). I was there until Lucy got off for volleyball and then I brought the two youngest home. The plan was to go to a wedding (with my sister watching the girls) but Ralph said he couldn’t be far from a bathroom at the moment and it was an outdoor wedding so we stayed home. I’ve since seen photos on facebook – beautiful bride. I had the girls until 6;30 tonight. We played outside for awhile and Paige did a lot of drawing with the sidewalk chalk. It was gone within an hour when a storm came through. Rained so hard I couldn’t see the road south of the house for a few minutes.
    Tomorrow is church and then we are going to Matthew and Julie’s for dinner. We are supposed to eat outside so hopefully, they got less rain than we did.

Isabella, glad you got your chores done last week. Are you feeling settled back in? Caught up with things at work? (Read your next email and I see you are).
    My NM feed is weird – none of Sheryl’s posts are showing – just her picture and kind of in faded colors. Hope I just need to log our and in and it will be okay.

Jannie, congratulations to Austin. Getting there is a lot of work. So glad he got the paperwork done. Great picture. Did you find out what was stinking in the kitchen? The unknown is the worst. Austin sounds like a hard-working kid – doing school and the job. I would think they would work with him next year since they can see his work ethic. They sure make hip replacements hard to get. Hang in there.

Anew, I’m glad you can see improvement each day. And yet there’s so much yet to do. How was your trip to town? I have a brother that’s about 50 miles from the fires but he doesn’t seem worried about them getting much closer.

Oh my, I opened a new window with MFP and Sheryl’s comments are still gone. Hope it doesn’t stay that way. Got things I’m to take ready and now going to check email and try to finish getting my 10,000 steps in. I had almost 4000 when the girls left and getting closer. :)
  • isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited October 2017
    Hi Ladies, I worked today until 1:15pm then got home just in time to pick Dan up and go to the free Library concert. The performer was a woman named Veronica May. She has a wonderful voice and I really like her bluesy style. After the concert we went to a new little Mexican restaurant called Adela's. It was very good and pretty inexpensive. Total was $18 for everything. Of course, we went to Trader Joe's and Sprouts afterward. I did pretty good keeping the cost down this time. We only spent about $40 at Trader Joe's instead of the usual $60-$75. Soon, we'll go and watch one of our recorded movies.

Have any of you watched any of the new shows? We are recording Young Sheldon, Kevin "Probably" saves the world, The Mayor, and The Good Doctor. We like them pretty well so far.

Jannie, nice to have you stop in! How wonderful that Austin made Eagle Scout! That is a huge achievement! Sounds like he has a good job for a student also. I agree about the thank you notes but it is so rare that anyone sends them nowadays that I am surprised when I get one. The Wedding gifts that you make sound lovely. I can't believe someone wouldn't send a thank you for a hand made gift! Those are SO much more special! You'll have to let me know how you like the Fresh Thyme store and if it is like Trader Joe's or more like a Sprouts or Whole Foods. Has the kitchen odor gone away? You should try diffusing some essential oils or burning a vanilla candle (supposed to absorb odors) and see if that helps. Hope your hip doesn't bother you too much until they are willing to give you a hip replacement. How funny about the rapper doing the llama books!

Anew, SO great to hear from you!!! It is hard to imagine that clean up and restoration are still such an on-going thing there. I guess out of sight, out of mind on my part. Sorry! Hope the rest of the repairs get done soon. What have you decided to put in the garden? We are not close to the fires thank God! It is fire season so we're praying that the Santa Ana winds will stay mellow. I don't remember if you saw the posts about Marcie passing away suddenly last month? Very sad. :'( They don't know the cause of death yet.

Sheryl, Norma looks so beautiful! What a wonderful picture. So very happy for them. He looks like a great guy and they look very happy. How was the Choral competition? Did John go? How were the truth about cancer seminars? I'm sure there is always some information that you're happy you heard.

Debora, Wow, I couldn't believe that you said your week was busy even for you!! :smiley: Looks like we were posting at the same time. :) Sounds like your week while still pretty busy was a bit more restful this week. You actually had some time at home!

Well, Dan mentioned ice cream before our movie so I'd better go! ;)
  • arobed53
    Hmmm, Sheryl's posts are still non-existent for me this morning. I don't understand it. I did get my steps in last night. I like my line to turn green.:)

Isabella, another nice Saturday for you. The concerts give you a nice activity to go to - good music and free. Good job on your shopping at Trader Jo's. I've been recording Young Sheldon and The Good Doctor. Also a couple of others but the titles escape me right now. I try to be picking cause I have plenty to watch.

Looks like it rained again during the night. Hope it goes okay for eating outside today. Enjoy yours.
  • jlhawki
    jlhawki Posts: 225 Member
    Hi Ladies! Good news-- the stinky culprit might have been found! I googled stinky sinks and they said to make sure and clean the dishwasher. So I ran 1 cup of vinegar through the 'hot 1 hour cycle' and the smell seemed better. Today I ran more vinegar again and so far the smell is gone! I sure hope that was it :) The cleaning of the Keurig was my first step, then I did the baking soda/vinegar down the garbage disposal and now the dishwasher. Fingers crossed that this was the issue.

Nothing really new here. Yesterday was hot (82-85 degrees) and today it didn't make it to 65! I love the fall crisp weather! Nothing makes me happier than a little chill in the air :) I love being able to have the windows open and needing a blanket at night.

We have been so busy at work and have 3 people out on FLMA. So, Friday I did a 12 hour shift to help them out. I got Overtime and a bonus so hopefully my paycheck will reflect the extra time! These darn boys of mine like getting Christmas presents ;) I have been trying to put aside $50 a paycheck to have for Christmas but it's hard to consistently do it . (I only started in August ;) ) With my hip, I haven't really been able to work any extra--my hip was sore yesterday but it seems ok today.

Isabella-- the concert sounds really good! I love blues (but hate jazz) and love when someone has a raspy/bluesy voice! $18 for two is pretty cheap, I can't take the boys anywhere with out it being at least $35 and that's a cheaper meal! I haven't watched any new shows I have so many oldies that I still watch 'dancing with the stars', 'Jane the virgin', 'the Voice', and 'Big Bang' are my go to's. Plus almost any and every HGTV remodeling show--they relax me! I haven't made it to Fresh Thyme yet but my friend said it's more 'Whole Foods' (which isn't my thing)

Sheryl-- hope all is well with you! How did the Choral Competition go? Glad the spider bite is gone with the essential oils. How are the animals doing? Any new shenanigans?

Aerobed-- you are busy as always! Do the 4H'ers spend the winter caring for their pets or do they sell them and then get new animals? My niece had 2 goats while in high school but I can't remember what happened to them after she showed them. She is a vet now so those goats worked for her! :) Hope Ralph is feeling better. Have you tried Cranberry pills? My friend's mom has a neurogenic bladder and gets frequent UTI's. Her new urologist suggested the cranberry pills because they are more concentrated and supposedly work better. He told her mom you can't drink enough cranberry juice to help your bladder. I had never heard that before this--just a interesting piece of info.

Anew--so glad that you are all ok! I hate that you are still dealing with the whole clean up process. I hope that each day brings more openings and fixes for your area! It's nice to hear from you :)

That's all for now, will try to check in by the end of the week :)
  • sannferris
    edited October 2017
    Good Morning, so sorry that I've been MIA, but so much going on. I have so much to tell you, but once again, no time right now.

John's been having back pain, severe enough that he's ready to see a doctor, so I need to find him a doctor.

I did want to pop in to share Marcie's obit. I finally remembered to google her and there was a write up in the Sacramento Bee, but no cause of death yet. I'm still waiting to hear back from Jim.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sacbee/obituary.aspx?pid=186817753

We finally see a photo of her, she has always had colorful pictures or photos of Cisco and Simon as her profile pics.

I'll be gone most of today, but finally staying home for the rest of the week so I trust that I'll be able to spend time here and get caught up.

• arobed53
    Sheryl, thanks for sharing Marcie’s obit. It’s funny but even though you only see her head, to me she looks like she was tall. We may not ever no how she died, we’ll just keeping feeling the hole she left.

For some reason, I have to click on Sheryl’s posts but at least they are available then.
    We had a good time at Matthew and Julie’s. The food was good (and we got to bring some potato salad and hamburgers home). They have a cute little house and a nice big yard. All there had a good time. Alan’s had gone out to see Katie's Grandpa. They thought he had a blockage and might not make it through the night. But her surprised them again and is back at home again.

Monday morning I took my Uncle to his appointment. We got there and were first told the doctor was out sick and then she asked his name and he wasn’t even in the system. He didn’t want to go very bad anyway so he got his wish but we drove across town to find it out. So we went to McDonald’s and had parfaits and pop. Then I took him home, got gas and came home. Already need to fill up again and I heard the price is going up.

Tuesday morning I babysat during the Bible study. There are two of us doing it. We have a couple of older kids (5th graders) who are homeschooled so it went okay. Then in the afternoon was Good News Club.

Wednesday I went and got Arlene and we went to the church and worked on the Echoes. She has another week before she can drive. Church was in the evening and I’m in the nursery there. Today has been mostly at home. I did load up the recycling and take it in. When I got home I grabbed my purse and headed for the door. I got to the porch and realized I needed to put my containers back in the garage so I set my purse down and went and did it. Well, I put the containers in the garage and went in the garage door. About 4 hours later I went out to get the mail and was surprised to see my purse sitting there. Oh my. Ralph has two loads of soybeans in and will load up with a third. The semi is trying to overheat so he is carrying water with him.

Tomorrow morning we’re going to 2 different towns. I’ll go do the regular errands. He’ll go to another that is having a library book sale.

I finally got my mammogram set up. Since I don’t have insurance, I went to MDsave and was able to set it up for $99.00. Just had to buy it in Oct. My app. Is Nov. 2.

Was flossing my teeth the other night and a piece of tooth broke off. It’s not bothering me so not worried about it. Just strange to have it happen.

Jannie, the overtime is nice as long as your knee holds up.
    The kids get their animals after the first of the year and then sell them at the fair. One animal gets to go through an auction and the other at base bid. Some kids will take more than one animal but ours just do pigs.
    Thanks for the info on the cranberry pills. I’ll look for some tomorrow. He is drinking the juice but not really enjoying it and he says it comes and goes. And he takes enough pills that he won't notice another one. :)

Sheryl, I’m sorry John is having such bad back pain. I hope you can find a doctor who can help him. Pain is no fun.

Well, we ate lupper about 3 so guess if Ralph is hungry, he’ll just snack.
  • isyvanek
    Good morning ladies, Didn't have to work today so I've been puttering around the house. We are going to meet our friends Jackie and Ken for lunch at 11:30 today. We don't get to see them very often because they are really busy so we are very much looking forward to it. We'll do our usual Trader Joe's and Sprouts later in the day. Sprouts is having their quarterly 25% off health and beauty with an additional 10% off when you spend over $100 so this will be a BIG grocery spending day for us. I'll try to keep the rest of the groceries down to a dull roar! ;)

My week started out on a sour note at work. When I tried to bring up my computer at work I got an error message saying that restart had failed. I tried several times then tried shutting it down and got the same message every time. Nothing worked so I called the IT dept at home office thinking they would be able to bring it up but he took one look at it and said it is gone. He set me up on a spare computer but I don't have the files that are saved in my desk top nor the extra files in my Outlook. I had to ship my PC to FL so they can try to extract those files and put them on the PC I am now using. They received my PC on Thursday and I still haven't heard from them as to if/when I'll have my files back. It's been a bit difficult working without them but I am more or less functional so I can't complain too much. The interesting part of all this is that the PC that died was on Windows 10 and the one I was switched to is Windows 7. I'm actually enjoying being on Windows 7 again. And for some reason the Windows 7 program on this PC is even better than the windows 7 I had last time. It is very user friendly. So perhaps this is a blessing in disguise.

My brother is having some back pain and the MRI showed an inflamed kidney. They said it is not a kidney infection so they are trying to figure out what else is causing it. They also found a double hernia but don't want to operate until they take care of the kidney. Poor guy is always having hernia problems. You may remember that the last Dr. went to perform hernia surgery but said there wasn't one when he went in so he just cleaned up some scar tissue from the last hernia surgery. Thank God it is a different doctor this time.

Debora, I understand about having to be picky on what new shows you record. Dan says that all the time - "we're recording so many shows now, you have to choose only a few very carefully". So far, so good - no conflicts yet. We'll see how it goes if/when the rest of the shows we have programmed come back from hiatus. The hope is that they will be scattered enough not to conflict. It seems that most shows only come back for 6 or 8 episodes before they are gone again now a days. Glad that it was really nice to have the gathering at Matthew and Julie's. Nice for you to have a break and you even got some leftovers to take home. I'm surprised you don't have insurance. Good job on finding an affordable mammogram. I know it is expensive and our insurance doesn't pay much until our deductible is met but we figure it is basically "catastrophic care" insurance in case anything really expensive comes up. The insurance companies are such rip offs and no one is willing to reign them in. They must really pay off a lot of people. I agree with Jannie. The cranberry juice might help a little but it is MUCH better to take the cranberry capsules. He'll get much better results much quicker.

Jannie, Good sleuthing on the kitchen odor. Hopefully that did the trick. I never would have thought of the dishwasher. Of course, we only use ours about 4 times a year. Most of the time I use it for storage.;) It is only Dan and I and I don't own enough dishes to let them sit in there until I have a full load. Another thing to check if there is still some tell tale odor is the rubber ring that is in your sink over the garbage disposal. People clean their disposal with vinegar or whatever but they don't realize that food shoots up onto that rubber ring and collects and rots there. Some of the newer disposals have a ring that you can pull out and clean, otherwise get one of those disposal brushes and scrub it. Be careful though because when you brush it, yucky stuff can spray up if you don't do it right and it can be NASTY! We really enjoy Jane the Virgin and Big Bang as well. My friend Jami really likes all those remodeling and "flip it" shows so I watch those with her when she colors my hair. I thought that Fresh Thyme would be more like a Whole Foods. Maybe it will be a good "Whole Foods" at least.

Sheryl, you've got me on pins and needles - "so much to tell us"! I'm waiting with baited breath (whatever that means!). Hope all is well with John's back. Did you find a doctor for him to see? Perhaps one of your doctors can recommend someone. Look forward to hearing from you.

Anew, hope the cleanup and restoration is progressing. Did you decide on what plants to put in the garden? Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks for the warning in your separate post not to open an email from myfitnesspal stating that you have $40. That is really helpful! Why are people so evil these days?!

Well, on that note, I'd better get started on my day. It will be time to leave for lunch before I know it. Talk to you all soon.
  • arobed53
    Good afternoon. Went to the 4-H deal this morning. Just visited with some other leaders during the first session and did the parliamentary activity during the second one. I had 6 girls and we made trail mix with motions. Couldn’t believer that they moved to put in some minced onion and it passed. And it didn’t actually taste too bad. Two from our club didn’t show but heard what came up. One family ended up with sick ones and the other didn’t come cause she knows how to do her job. Others that weren’t there will get one on one training so I can count it on our club summary.
    Since coming home I’ve been plugging along on my list. Making a blueberry salad and brownies yet. Nice not to have to push to get it done even wit being gone for the morning. Hmm, I hear thunder – guess I should go out and get the mail.
    I started a “good” cleaning this week and realize that there is plenty of dust in the office. We’ll see how much gets moved around by Thanksgiving. Still have some time.

I ended up buying more cranberry juice cause I could decide which cranberry pill to buy – any suggestions.

Isabella, very interesting that they put you on a computer with windows 7. Hope they can recover all the files you need. Probably nice to have a Saturday at home. Have a nice lunch and fun shopping.
    Sorry your brother is having back pain. What can you do for an inflamed kidney?
    Yes, shows don’t seem to go for near as long as they used to. But I can always find something to watch, it seems. Right now, I have Hell’s Kitchen (taped) on. I don’t like all the drama but enjoying watching the food being done.
    Insurance – we’ve always had to insure ourselves as farmers and would have a high deductible. We didn’t use it much but my premium (Ralph is on medicare and insurance for over which cost less) kept going up so I went with Samaritan ministries which helps (“premium” helps some family) and it has saved us quite a bit of money. Anything under $300 you try and cover yourself and I put out about $225 a month. So it’s been good for us.

Hope you all have a good weekend. I plan too.
  • arobed53
    Got the mail out - sure dark looking. Then I remembered I needed to take the trash out and got a few sprinkles then. So we'll see if it does more or not.
  • arobed53
    And now it is pouring. Hope it's short-lived. It's great for the wheat we planted yesterday but not for the Fun Night they are having at the school Lori's family is at.
  • isyvanek
    Hi Debora, sounds like a nice relaxing day. Interesting info about the insurance. Makes sense that farmers would have to self insure. I didn't think about that. What is Samaritan ministries? That sounds really good. I wonder if it is nationwide? Did the school activity get rained out?
  • arobed53
    Hello, I enjoyed the day at home. I loaded up some boxes to take to the thrift store, made a lot of dust fly around. Went through some shelves (only ones visible to the eye) and filled up another box. I got through the magazine table and recycled some and am donating some. Every little bit helps. We had Sunday leftovers for lunch so that was an easy meal. I feel like I made some progress even though there is lots more to do.

Isabella, Samaritan Ministries is a Christian based (there are 2 or three groups that do the same thing) organization. Each month my payment goes to a person who has filed a claim. You can google it for fun if you want.
    The school activity didn't get rained out but some of the outside events didn't happen, Lori enjoys the auction and got 2 cherry pies (among other things). She paid $80 for 1 and $50 for one. I could never bring myself to do that.

Tomorrow we are going to half price day at Etc. and some other errands. I'll go to Good News Club in the afternoon and we are gong to a dinner (customer appreciation) in the evening. So I'll be gone about as much as I was home today.
  • anewstart22
    anewstart22 Posts: 885 Member
    Hello everyone. It's been awhile again since I've come to post. We have the fence planned for replacement and just waiting for the bank to cash the check insurance gave us. It's in ours and their name. Also waiting on neighbors regarding their half of the cost.

The crape myrtle is doing well and I hope the cold snap coming doesn't harm it. I don't know if the roots are strong enough yet for it to withstand the cold. I'll be wrapping it to make sure it stays warm enough though. It's in the perfect spot for our small yard.

Sannferris-Good to know you have your mammogram scheduled.

Arobed53-So very busy as usual, I really could not walk in your shoes.

Isyvanek-Yes, I was aware that marcie had passed. I had logged in the very day it was posted about her dad finding her. She is sorely missed and I think of her often. :(

Well that farm game took over my life with all the championships and challenges, so I quit the co-op so I can just build my farm on my own time. What a waste of time, I have no idea how people can sit there day in and day out playing this game. So, I will build it slowly and have gotten back to normal life. We have our friends who lost their home coming on thursday so I have alot of work to do before they come.

Have a great day everyone.

• sannferris
    Good Morning...I'm still here, alive and kicking, just no time to write everything out. Looks like I have 8 comments to read, but no time again this morning.

John never consented to go to Urgent Care this past week and a half, but we have the scheduled appointment today to get him established with a doctor and hopefully, x-ray his back and make sure nothing is broken. Did I tell you about his constant complaining about back pain? Now, I can't remember what I've told you and what I simply thought about telling you.

Anyway, I trust that I'll have time over the weekend to play catch up and tell you everything. We'll see.

Oh yes, I gave John a beard trim and got him into the shower yesterday, so we're clean and ready to go.
  • arobed53
    Sheryl, I was just going to get on and say we were missing you and hoping John was not worse but if he hurts, there's more to deal with. Yay on getting him cleaned up and ready for his appointment. Hope you can find out what's wrong. Have of those comments are silly ones from me.

Anew, glad the crepe myrtle is doing so well and that the fence will be taken care of soon. Wow, good to quit the game if it was consuming you. Doing it on your own can make it a fun when you have time thing to do.

It's been a busy week here. Sunday was church and the kids here till around 3. Monday was my one whole day at home so a bit more thorough cleaning done. I straightened up form Sunday and other stuff. Tuesday was half-price day at Etc. so we went there. Ended up being there extra long cause a friend needed help getting something she bought home so Ralph helped. Then we went took care of Ralph's insurance for next year, visited the Goodwill store (I found 2 tops), ate at Burger King and home in time to go to Good News Club. Wednesday we worked on the Echoes, worked at home in the afternoon and to church in the evening. Thursday I took a friend to an appointment. She was excited cause she got the okay to drive this week (had eye surgery 3 weeks ago. I met with another friend in the afternoon to do the prayer guide for the month and then my sister and I went to Thomas' football game. We wore coats, took blankets and it was still cold. Game started at 6 and ended in the 3rd quarter when Sunrise got a 45 point lead. Sad part was one player got hurt and had to leave via ambulance. Today was the errands and Ralph went along. It was customer appreciation day at the bank so we ate there. We realized something was wrong with one of the tires (a bulge) so Ralph put on the spare and is off buying a new tire now. Glad I didn't have problems in all my driving this week. We are going to a conference on the Reformation tonight so the afternoon will seem short. Hopefully, I get what I bought put away. I fix up goodie bags for the kids for Halloween so bought the candy for them. Tomorrow is get ready for Sunday (meatballs and hash brown casserole) and go to a double 50th anniversary celebration.

Take care all.

• sannferris
    Hi there...Good Morning, just another quickie to let you know John's appointment got rescheduled. About 40 minutes before we were to leave the house, they called and the doctor had gone home sick. We're now going in next Tuesday.

As soon as John gets interested in a college football game on tv, I hope to be back.
  • isyvanek
    Good morning all, not much going on today. Doing laundry and catching up here and FB and email. That's fine with me - I'm all for a bit of R & R. We had record breaking heat this past week. Triple digits for 3 days then high 90's the rest of the week. I thought of Marcie and how she often commented on the heat. I finally got the rest of my files back on my PC at work on Wednesday. A week and a half later when I suspect that they should have been able to fix it right then, is a bit much but I'm happy I have all my files back. Lesson learned, I will keep certain files on the shared drive going forward instead of keeping them on my desktop.

Debora, Samaritan Ministries sounds interesting. I'll have to look them up. I'm not sure what Joe needs to do about the inflamed kidney but one thing for sure that will help is to drink more water. He definitely doesn't drink enough. Wow, sounds like it has gotten pretty cold there when coats and a blanket weren't enough. Nice that you found a couple of tops at Good Will. I like resale shops. Very happy that the tire with the bulge didn't blow while you were driving. A double 50th sounds wonderful! You always have the most interesting recipes! What does a meatball and hashbrown casserole have in it?

Anew, good that the restoration plans are moving along. Hope the neighbors come thru with their share of the fence costs with no hassle. Smart to make sure the crepe myrtle is kept warm until she gets established. It will be good to see your friends that lost their home. Are they going to stay with you for a visit? Where are they staying while their home is rebuilt?

Sheryl, MISS YOU!!!! Keeping you and John in my prayers. His back pain could be a kidney issue like my brother Joe. Look forward to hearing the results of his doctor visit.

OK ladies, gonna go now. I 'll try to check back again tomorrow.