Daily Chat/Check-in

Options

Replies

• Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Wednesday PM: JELF P3 (woot) D57 (that's D1 of P3) -- Legs.
    O.m.G. That workout was KILLER. I couldn't even finish it all. I thought it would be around 45m, but I was at an hour and it was 8:00 so I decided to just wrap it up.

My allergies are killing me and I'm not getting the good quality sleep I normally do, so since I'm working from home today I decided to try and get that extra hour and plan to do my 2nd day of P3 later this afternoon.

@LessthanKris‌ you're almost to the finish!!
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I know! Finished LC 3 Week 4 today. I will do Burn Intervals tomorrow to wrap it up. Glad it is over and I already printed out my next schedule filled with Fitness Blender workouts. I do not see much change but I know I am stronger. I am still going to submit everything to get my tshirt.

I have a girls night out tomorrow at a painting place where you bring your own snacks. Made some lemon thyme bars. Big mistake to make them a day early in that I ate three of them already :O(. So today I will just be maintaining. I will definitely need to have some light meals to save for tomorrow night. It has been a rough week and it is that time so it is not helping control my hunger. I started learning to crochet to keep my mind from getting bored and wanting to snack. I do realize my cravings are much less when I do it so I am going to look for something to try to make.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    We have Paint Pubs here. They seem to be very popular. Congratulations on finishing!

I'm on the 3rd day of P3 and it's TOUGH. I am So.Sore! It's good though.

I have gained about 5 pounds this month and would like to hope it's muscle - my pants still fit and don't feel tight.

When I finished PiYo I got the shirt. I hadn't worn it in a while since I really don't care for the neckline too much. I put it on about 2 days ago and had the weirdest experience. it was TIGHT in the shoulders and bicep area! So crazy b/c I felt like my upper body is changing. I guess it really is.

Anyhow:
    Thursday: JELF P3, D58: Arms, abs, cardio. Since I worked from home I did it all together. It was almost 2 hours of working out. sheesh.

Friday (AM): JELF P3, D59: Chest, Shoulders, Abs and Cardio. So far weights only. Cardio later this afternoon.

• LessthanKris
    Options
    If everything fits the same I would say you must be getting leaner. You honestly impress me with your commitment. Your schedule is not easy!

I am done with this round of CLX! When I finished, I almost questioned whether I really wanted to stop. I think I am ready to try something else for awhile. I plan on doing the program again when I lose this last 8 lbs or so. I get bored sometimes with it but I think it is because I do not see the results. I knew going into it that I needed to clean up my eating. I did not do that and find it so hard while eating on a deficit and not burning as many calories with the strength work outs to eat back as I do with the cardio. I still have some learning to do when it comes to not overdoing it when life gets in the way too.

I know the next few months are going to be rough with the move so I can say I am happy to know with as many slip ups as I have had in this last month that I have been able to maintain. I need to do that during the move since there will be more times of eating out and not having total control over my choices while we stuck in the car driving and possibly not having a refrigerator for a few days.

Will still be checking in here with whatever workout I am doing!
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    Sunday was Day 1 of the Fitness Blender's 5 Day Workout Challenge to Burn Fat & Build Lean Muscle. I finished Day 2 today. The HIIT during Day 1 was worse than I expected considering I do the Turbo Fire HIITs. I definitely felt it in my legs. I tried to just use one weight to avoid having to switch the weights out and I found out that is probably not going to work out. I was too light on a few exercises.

I was not sure I would like Fitness Blender since it is just the two of them working out in a white room with no music and I have to do it on the computer. They are actually funny to listen to and I do not miss the music. I also have a perfect spot for the computer now that I am working out in the living room too so all is well. Tomorrow I will probably just go for a run but not looking forward to Day 3-52 minutes of HIIT and Core training :O(
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Sunday was Day 1 of the Fitness Blender's 5 Day Workout Challenge to Burn Fat & Build Lean Muscle. I finished Day 2 today. The HIIT during Day 1 was worse than I expected considering I do the Turbo Fire HIITs. I definitely felt it in my legs. I tried to just use one weight to avoid having to switch the weights out and I found out that is probably not going to work out. I was too light on a few exercises.

I was not sure I would like Fitness Blender since it is just the two of them working out in a white room with no music and I have to do it on the computer. They are actually funny to listen to and I do not miss the music. I also have a perfect spot for the computer now that I am working out in the living room too so all is well. Tomorrow I will probably just go for a run but not looking forward to Day 3-52 minutes of HIIT and Core training :O(

Glad it's working for you.

I took yesterday as a rest day and decided to make it a 2Fer.

With the P3 weight sessions being over an hour, I am going to flip flop and do Cardio AM and weights PM. My friend/trainer at the work gym says that I'm overthinking it and that's what's going to put me off.
    -you know b/c it's supposed to be weights before cardio-- He said as long as i get them both in in the same day the program will still work.

I like the idea of a smaller morning workout. When i started doing mornings I didn't have a 2/Day plan or an almost 2 hour weekend workout plan, either.

Tomorrow morning i'll do my Cardio Sprints (30m) and then do weights later. I love weights anyway so it will be something i look forward to MORE ... and maybe i can get my husband to join me.

love you guys!
    t

• LessthanKris
    Options
    Do I thought I needed more weight for Day 2 of upper body. I may have been wrong because I was feeling it in my shoulders and triceps the same night. Still have a little soreness today. Yesterday I just ran 3 miles and today was Day 3 of the challenge. The HIIT portion was not as bad as Day 1 but still a good workout. Tomorrow includes kickboxing which Chalene has prepared me for so I am ready for it. I like the longer stretching segments on these workouts.

How did switching things up work for you Pips?
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Switching so far hasn't worked - although, I did do cardio yesterday AM, so I still did ge a workout in.
    Today also cardio AM and will do weights later.

I'm so close do done. check out this pic!!

h190gq63wo4k.jpg
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    Looking awesome!

I finished Day 4 today. I will not be doing day five probably until Monday. Tomorrow we are going back to Carlsbad Caverns so I will be walking a lot and I am planning on taking the weekend off. We have company and plan on being busy. Monday I am starting fresh again. I feel ready for a break.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    See you Monday! Happy Easter :)
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Gosh, it looks like the last real update I gave was in the 50's.

This morning was P3, D67: Legs.

I'm almost to the end! My week starts on Wednesday for the plan, so this week will be the start of the last 2 weeks.

They are saying it's much faster since you just do circuits.

Then I need to plan out what my next plan/program will be before my 20 year High School Reunion in July. (gulp)
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    I took a long weekend. Was going to workout Monday but focused on getting the house back in order after dropping our holiday company off at the airport. I got my eating back under control and wound up not gaining during the holiday so I am content. Ready to start losing again though.

Yesterday I finished Day 5 of the Fitness Blender 5 Day Challenge. I was skeptical that it would be much of a challenge after using Turbofire for cardio and Chalean Extreme. Some of their HIITs were a rough though. You stick with the same move longer than Turbofire. The strength did not feel as challenging while doing it as when I first started Chalean. I did not change weights though and tried to use the same weight and add tension to those exercises I could move up in weights on. I was sore for days after so I feel like I hit muscles I did not use somehow in the CLX.

Looking forward to seeing what else they have to offer in the next few weeks and will be doing this challenge again.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Kris, I think you and I have shoved everyone out of the room....
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    I think so! Ah well, more will come along. Although we are not doing CLX anymore.

Just a really long walk today since we are all getting sick here and DH did not want to be huffing and puffing on a run with a sore throat.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Well, I can keep discussing my last 2 weeks of JELF, but really if no one is in here I guess we should close the thread?
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    Yea. I will keep cheering you on with your status updates!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    So this morning was JELF, P3, D71. I'm a day behind because for D68 and 69 I decided to do the Cardio (30/30 Sprints) on the street to mix it up. It was so nice to be able to be out in the sunshine. and then
    SHINSPLINT CITY.
    Then the next day I changed shoes thinking that might have been the problem.
    SHINSPLINT and KNEECRY CITY!
    So Thursday = Rest/Repair/Recovery day for real!

JELF P3, D71 - DAY 1 of the final stretch!

Leg Circuit.

4 rounds of 5 exercises:
    30 Barbell Squats
    30 Leg Presses (I did goblet squats)
    30 Barbell Stiff-Legged Deadlifts (I did the barbell for 2 and then dropped weight to dumbbells instead)
    30 Barbell Lunges (I just used dumbbells and then air)
    30 Calf Presses (I did standing calf raises).

I'm going to feel that tomorrow.

Total time was under 45m even with 2 minute rests between circuits and on leg day there isn't extra cardio, so I'm glad to have done it in the AM.

WHERE ARE THE REST OF YOU??????

• giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Pipsg1rl wrote: »
    Switching so far hasn't worked - although, I did do cardio yesterday AM, so I still did ge a workout in.
    Today also cardio AM and will do weights later.

I'm so close do done. check out this pic!!

h190gq63wo4k.jpg

You look fantastic!

Just stopped over to say hello.

I started StrongLifts and LUV it
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    So there is some truth to the shorter workout lengths in P3 last 2 weeks. I was able to both the weight circuit and a 17 minute elliptical run this morning, get my son to school and come straight to work.
    JELF P3, D74: Arms/Abs circuit.

I should be wrapping up next week if I stay on track with days.

Happy Monday!
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Did SL-WA last night, considering adding some type of endurance workout like the one in CLX...

Worked out with my son for the first time lol, we've tried before but this is the first time he actually finished a full workout and not disappear lol