Daily Chat/Check-in

Options
giusa
giusa Posts: 577 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
Check-in for Thursday

Workout: :-1: (ChaLEAN Extreme)
Nutrition: Cal 1293 (1200) / Macro 33/30/37 (40c/20f/40p)
Water Intake: 65 oz (65+)

Didn't get my workout in AGAIN! (hang my head in shame). After cooking and cleaning up, I was totally exhausted, sat for a "minute" and never got up, in bed by 9! Nutrition and water intake was better, fat is killing me, it might be time to adjust my macros.

Not sure if anyone else uses protein supplements, found a good tasting Tropical Fruit flavor, no after taste and mixes great.

Would trully enjoy hearing from everyone...

Replies

• amomono
    amomono Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Check-in for Saturday:

Workout: BC 2 ( four days in a row!)

I'm struggling with getting enough protein also. I am going to get some nuts to add to salads and cottage cheese in the morning. I have a vanilla whey protein shake I like, too.
  • giusa
    Options
    Check-in for Friday

Workout: BC 2 & Ab Burner (ChaLEAN Extreme)
    Nutrition: Cal 1551 (1200) / Macro 35/31/34 (40c/20f/40p)
    Water Intake: 51 oz (65+)

Yah!!! Finally got my workout in! You don't realize how out of shape you are until you can't even go thru a beginner workout like ab burner, it was pathetic!

Wow, great job @ammonia!! Give you a lot of credit, not sure the last time I worked out 4 days in a row.
  • giusa
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Check-in for Saturday

Workout: Rest Day
    Nutrition: Cal 1248 (1200) / Macro 33/39/28 (40c/20f/40p)
    Water Intake: 33 oz (65+)

Obviously not a good nutrition/water intake day! Need to get it together!

What whey brand do you use, @ammonia?

Does anyone else have to modify, having trouble with regaining my balance/coordination...?

How's everyone's weekend going?
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Check in for Sunday

Workout: BC 1
    Nurition: Net 1234 (1200)

I always have a hard time with the protein. I am trying to get away from more processed food so I cannot talk myself into protein powder. So right now that is more of my focus than trying to add all the protein in. I feel like maybe that is something I will do when I get to goal weight and have more calories.

I am not sure I have to modify necessarily but I do find it hard to not over grip the weights. I think it was during BC2 that I probably could have went heavier but my forearms were really feeling it.
  • amomono
    Options
    Today was a rest day. I didn't eat much, but that probably makes up for over eating a bit yesterday.

I'll have to check on whey brand... Hubby buys it.

I don't modify too many, but I have really good balance for how poor my core is.

For the forearms: try not using all your fingers when you curl. Its making the fist that wears out your forearm.
  • giusa
    Options
    Check-in for Sunday

Workout: BC 3
    Nutrition: Cal ??? (1200) / Macro ??? (40c/20f/40p)
    Water Intake: 36 oz (65+)

Got my workout in yesterday, the first week I "restart" is always difficult...getting my breathing, balance, etc back on track. Nutrition wise I was doing well up to dinner, my Papa's bday, oh well.

I do too @LessthanKris, that's why I started using protein supplements. I've always been a vegi/pasta eater and it was difficult to add any types of proteins to my daily meals.

Thanks for the support @amomono & @LessthanKris!!!!
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    Check In for Monday

Workout: Turbo Fire 45
    Nutrition: Net 1056 (1200)

I look at my calories over the week so I sometimes save some for rest days or lifting days when I do not burn a lot of calories. Or to indulge later in the week if we eat out.
  • amomono
    Options
    Today's check in

Workout: BC3
    Calories: 1480 (1500)
    Water: 40 oz
  • giusa
    Options
    Check-in for Monday

Workout: Rest Day
    Nutrition: Cal 1196 (1200) / Macro 37/22/41 (40c/20f/40p)
    Water Intake: 62 oz (65+)

Yah - this was the first day that I was able to come CLOSE to meeting my nutrition goals!

Great job @amomono & @LessthanKris, keep up the great work!!!
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    Check in for Monday

Workout: BC
    Nutrition: Net 1199 (1200)

Way to go giusa! Really good on the protein.

Today was better. I was able to go heavier and my forearms did not hurt. Just a learning process :O)
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Workout: 2 Mile Tuesday run intervals on Mom's Treadmill

Food wise I'm not doing great away from home. The doctor says we need to fatten up my grandmother so Mom and I took her to Applebee's for lunch and I splurged.

Down another pound though, so I'm really happy! I haven't been losing "pounds" in a while, only increments of fat (which is still great!)
    Today I'm not sure what the plan is, I brought both PiYo and TF with me. Usually if I do a TF I have to walk after to "calm down." haha.

Tried to get my baby sis to do some activity with me but she said "no." boo on her ;)
  • giusa
    Options
    Check-in for Tuesday

Workout: None
    Nutrition: Cal 1492 (1200) / Macro 39/24/37 (40c/20f/40p)
    Water Intake: 53 oz (65+)

What a night!!! My son was in a car accident on the way home from work last night so a workout and the rest went out the window!

So glad you joined us @pipsg1rl!!!

The first month is a learning a process @lessthankris.

-Giusa
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    Check-In Tuesday

Workout : HIIT 20
    Nutrition: Net 1133 (1200)

Needed a quick workout today and this sufficed :O)

Giusa- I hope he is okay! That has to be so scary!

Pipsg1rl- travel makes this whole thing so hard. I am still working off weight I gained during our vacation to Florida in mid December. Awesome you are still getting your workouts in!
  • amomono
    Options
    Way to go!

Workout: Burn If Off
    Calories: 1680 net (1500)

Movie night at a brewhouse with friends... Not too bad considering. I would have been fine had I not splurged on a mocha in the morning. Two mini splurges in one day isn't the best... But the workouts are going great!
  • amomono
    Options
    Workout: rest day
    Calories: 1509 (1500)
    Water: 72oz

I hope your son is okay!

I agree. Very hard to stay consistent when traveling.
  • amomono
    Options
    Hmm. My post yesterday didn't seem to have gone through until now. Oops
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    My check-in above was for Wednesday..oops
  • giusa
    Options
    Check-in for Thursday

Workout: Push Circuit 1
    Nutrition: Cal 1048 (1200) / Macro 39/23/38 (40c/20f/40p)
    Water Intake: 53.5 oz (65+)

Thank you ladies. My son didn't get hurt but the car was totaled.

So excited, was able to complete entire circuit without modifications last night AND will need to up weights! I’m sure it has to do with no compound movements (compound movements are my enemy!).

Thinking of a goal, do you have goals? The only thing I know is that my ultimate goal is to lower BF%.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Wednesday - No activity, worked on getting mom set up for surgery this morning. Diet was not the greatest. I think I'm dehydrated.
    Today she had surgery and is resting, so she's asked me to help organize my sister's room. About to do that and figure out a workout for later.

hugs,
    me
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    Check In for Thursday

Workout: BC 3
    Nurition: net 1105 (1200)

Pipsg1rl, hope your mom is on the mend and feeling better!

The goals I have set this year:

For January: Get back in the final 10 lb range. I gained some during the holidays. So far I am right on track. Only 1.6 lbs to lose.

By the end of March: Complete this round of CLX and be down to the final 5 lbs. I know with this program sometimes it is inches and not lbs lost so I would be happy if I dropped down a size or my belly could get flatter.

So those are the fitness goals through this program. I am also cutting back on sugar and highly processed food. I love to bake so I will never truly get away from sugar and white flour but I have found some good recipes using wheat flour and maple syrup so I am improving some of what we eat.