General Chat

Options
snowdancer03
snowdancer03 Posts: 238 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
Hey group I started this just incase we wanted to chat about things.

I for one would like to know if the rest of you have a LOW HIIT and a normal HIIT? For the entire first month I only do LOW HIITs and I'm wondering if I should switch it up.

Replies

• snowdancer03
    Options
    OMG I just read the title and realized I typed General wrong!! Stupid smart phones! Anyone know if I can edit it?
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the morning giggle! I don't think they you edit the title, but it couldn't hurt to ask them.

I don't have a "low" HIIT. My schedule has HIIT 15 & HIIT 20 & HIIT 25 this month.
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    If I remember you're a math teacher. If you taught English you would be in trouble. Haha Oh yeah, I fixed it.

I believe me and BeLight have the same TF set. I am not sure of the difference between low HIIT or the other. There is an advanced DVD set that has HIIT 30 as well as TF 60.

• BeLightYear
    Options
    coachreyes wrote: »
    If I remember you're a math teacher. If you taught English you would be in trouble.
    :p That was good!

We have the "older" set Coach. I guess they did a lot of relabeling, not sure why. Maybe so they could resell it?

• BeLightYear
    Options
    Now, to chat.

A bit about our team members might be nice.

I'm Amy, I live in Western New York with my husband of 23 years and our 7 fuzzy kids. I am a graphic artist/desktop publisher/sign maker/shop worker lol for a small company. I also have my own online business making and selling macrame plant hangers. If only the later would take off, I could get out of the sign business :wink:

I was born and raised out here in the country and honestly, roads with more than 2 lanes scare the heck out of me! I will take barns over skyscrapers any day.

That's me, Belightyear, aka Amy.
  • coachreyes
    Options
    Well, I was born and raised in Toledo, Ohio but have lived in SC for 28 years. I've been married for 25 years and have a 22, 18 and 17 year old. We have 2 daschunds and a lab who likes to lay in the middle of the floor during my workouts. I do not like the cold weather and in my spare time you can find me on the golf course and every chance I get I will run to the nearest beach. There is nothing more relaxing than sitting on the beach listening to the waves.

I am a school teacher and work with Learning Disable students in the 10-12 grade. This semester I will be working at a school with students who are "behaviorally" challenged. I'm looking forward to it. I have coached football in high school college and professionally and am also the head track coach. In the past I have coached anything from wrestling to tennis and golf, but my passion is football.
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Nice to meet you again Coach! :D Coach and I met during our first round of TurboFire, I believe on the MFP boards.

Forgot to mention, my passions are animals (obviously) and gardening. If only one could do that full time. I need to win the lottery, just once, I'm not greedy lol

I hate the cold weather too, it is 0˚ here today, counting down until Spring/Summer, those are my favorite times of year.

Your job sounds stressful, but rewarding, good for you for taking on the kids that need you the most.

Okay, back to my real job. Slow season here, I'm climbing the walls with boredom. I'm not good at doing nothing.
  • jms14letgo
    jms14letgo Posts: 138 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yay! I love learning about other people on here. Like Amy, I LOVE the country.

I'm Julia, 27, and I live in southeastern Nebraska. I've been married for almost 6.5 years. I was born in Colorado but moved to Nebraska when I was 9 and have spent the majority of my life in the country.
    The first 4 years of our marriage, my husband and I lived in California. He was in the USMC, so we lived in Oceanside. Once those 4 years were up though, we moved back to "the good life". I can honestly say I do not miss the city.. but I do miss the beaches!!
    We don't have any kiddos running around. Just a furball (7 year old lab) that likes to soak up all of our attention and love.
    I work as a loan processor/clerk for a mid-sized bank. I'm also a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician.
    In my spare time I spend a lot of time reading or playing Sims 4. Yes, I'm a total nerd. B)
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Hi Julia! Now I just need to get names and usernames straight. I'll probably do a lovely combo of both lol

I have a 9 year old shepherd husky mix and a 9 year old belgian sheep dog/lab/beagle/other things mix too :)

Loved the beach when I was younger and thinner, now they make me cringe. Hopefully that will end this year!

Nerd is a cool thing to be B)
  • angelaklem
    angelaklem Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My name is Angela. I live in Michigan and it is very cold and snowy. I'm not the biggest fan of the cold or snow but my husband owns a business here so I think we'll be staying for a while. My husband and I have been married for 5 years. We have two children. Our daughter is 3 and our son is 9 months. I used to teach kindergarten until my son was born and daycare costs got to be way too expensive. Now I'm a stay at home mom (loving it) and I help my husband with the business sometimes too! I really enjoy cooking and reading in my spare time. Oh and we live about a block from the beach so in the summer we are there all the time.
  • sharkmomtn
    sharkmomtn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My name is Lisa. I live in Tennessee, in the country and LOVE it! I was born and raised in Pittsburgh and you couldn't pay me to move back to a big city. My husband and I have been married for 18 years. We have 4 kiddos - two boys and two girls, in that order. 16, 14, 12, 10. My husband has his own business (IT Company) and I handle the marketing and help with some of the book keeping- from home. And we also homeschool, that's why my posts are usually sporadic in times. ;) We have a yellow lab and a Maltese who believe they are really just another set of kids. :)

In my previous life - I was a high school history teacher. B)

Angela and Coach - I envy you. We really enjoy going to the beach - sometimes I wish I lived there, but I don't know if I could get use to the sand everywhere all the time.
  • awilliamslee784
    awilliamslee784 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Good evening, my name is Lexi. I live in DC but I'm from Chicago. My husband and I have been married for 8.5 years. We have 5 boys ages 8, 6, 4 (twins) and 2. As you can see, I pretty much have to workout after they go to bed or I get asked the same question one hundred times...are you done yet?!
  • snowdancer03
    Options
    Hello! :D

First off thank you Coach for fixing my mistake. These smart phones aren't always smart.

My name is Andrea, I'm 29 and unlike everyone else I am not married. My boyfriend and I have a very cute story, but long story short we are best friends turned wonderful relationship. We have been best friends since the 9th grade and have been in a relationship for the last 4 years. This year my motivation to complete Turbo Fire is due to the anticipation of him popping the question in the next couple months.

I love my job (math teacher) and honestly don't know what else I would do with my life if I didn't spend it with 200 high schoolers every day. In the past I have coached a competition cheerleading team but now spend all of my time on academic clubs and math. When I'm not working 10-12 hour days I love to snowboard, dance, and just laugh with family.
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Hi
    Coach
    Julia
    Angela
    Lisa
    Lexi

we can almost do roll call now!

Nice to meet you all, isn't it neat how TurboFire has brought us together?

-14˚ this morning here in New Yuck, I so live in the wrong state!

Fire 45 tomorrow, see you all in class ;)
  • awilliamslee784
    Options
    Hi
    Coach
    Julia
    Angela
    Lisa
    Lexi

we can almost do roll call now!

Nice to meet you all, isn't it neat how TurboFire has brought us together?

-14˚ this morning here in New Yuck, I so live in the wrong state!

Fire 45 tomorrow, see you all in class ;)

Stay warm! My area is on a 2 hour delay and I found out about my school's delay after leaving the house...ugh! See you in Fire 45 tomorrow!

Teachers rock!
  • coachreyes
    Options
    I have certainly enjoyed getting to meet you all. It's great to have support. Sounds like we all certainly have busy lives and for that we can be thankful. I think Chalene says this several times throughout her programs, but it is important we take time for ourselves. I believe that and actually feel like I am more awake and productive when I'm working out. I was very sluggish after the holidays and actually not liking how I felt. Getting back into a routine has been just what the doctor ordered.
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Oh no, sorry you left when you didn't have too!

I feel more alert and awake too Coach, "it's a high and we are all here to help with your new addiction" B) .
  • coachreyes
    Options
    BeLight, it is my new addiction. I look forward to each workout and have no problem getting out of the bed to workout. I can feel myself slowly getting in better shape and I can put more effort into the total workout.

The weather in SC is getting better. In fact we may hit 60 in the next week. That gives me a small window on Monday to do my 2nd addiction- golf. We'll have to see.

Have a great weekend. We are headed to NC this morning as my son is going to visit Gardner Webb University.
  • jms14letgo
    jms14letgo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Anyone else get a 3 day weekend due to Martin Luther King day? I didn't even realize that was coming up until Friday. I had a mini party when someone at work brought it up. Haha. Not that I'm doing anything exciting. I'll just be chilling at home and hopefully getting some stuff done around the house.
  • awilliamslee784
    Options
    jms14letgo wrote: »
    Anyone else get a 3 day weekend due to Martin Luther King day? I didn't even realize that was coming up until Friday. I had a mini party when someone at work brought it up. Haha. Not that I'm doing anything exciting. I'll just be chilling at home and hopefully getting some stuff done around the house.

I have been looking forward to this 3 day weekend so I can catch up with my grading and finish taking down Christmas decorations. My son also wants to go visit the Dr. King memorial. So if the weather isn't too bad, then we can go. I'll also be doing community service project with my sorority sisters on Monday for the holiday.