Every day chats!

Options

Replies

• mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Barlovo - Congratulations on a clean bill of health and the article!!! It sounds like it was quite the day :)
  • MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Congrats Barlovo on the clean bill!

Alice, I bet you're excited about the new place.

Yikes Cindy! You guys can't catch a break from the white stuff.

Karen you are stocked up and ready to go!

I see you Grooszeczka ;)

You ladies are awesome. Happy Vakentines Day to everyone.
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentine's Day my friends!!

zvxbzmfurl77.gif
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Liz~ I you and Mark enjoyed your Fat Tuesday dinner! My scale came in and I'm hoping to put it to use this weekend!

Barlovo~ So glad you had good news on Fri the 13th! And congrats on your publication...that's exciting!!!

Agnes~ You look BEAUTIFUL...in both! So glad to see you!

Aaliceinw~ I hope you get your new home...when will you know?

MswestQT~No, I sure can't! We have broken all kinds of records this year with snow fall! There are severe warnings out already for expected power outages, severe winds and hurricane strength winds!

Have a FAB_U_LOSS week end my friends!!!

• mysticlizard
    Options
    Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!

Cindy - It was a lovely meal, we all enjoyed it. I did go over but entered everything I ate. I felt very bloated after supper, which I have never felt before, I think that is a positive thing as I did not eat as much as I could have in the past. Now we are ready to go into Lent on Wed.

I am so sorry about your next round of snow :( It was like that a few years ago here. Every time the weather came on they would say more snow and I would just want to cry. Hang in there and just keep thinking about the awesome exercise you are getting in, you will be ready for graduation B)
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Thanks Liz...that is the only thing keeping me from crying...reminding myself it is a GREAT workout! And I will be happy in June!
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a week for everyone.

Barlovo. Congratulations on your health results. And well done for the publication. You must be over the moon.

Liz I hope you had an awesome Fat Tuesday with hubby :D

Cindy! Hang in there with the snow, the seasons have to change soon and let us know how things go with the scale.

Karen I admire your strength and the way see the positivity in everything.

Hiya MD I didn't put the offer in. My gut is telling me it's not it, even though it is beautiful. It's a 20 year investment, so I will listen to my gut this time. It just makes me a little stressed to find something else now.
  • Femmigirlz
    Femmigirlz Posts: 231 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    :s:'(:( I'm not feeling the positivity today. I worked so hard all week and again I gained weight for the second week in a row.

I'm more than upset this morning. MFP says that I should have 2000 calories a day to lose 1 lb a week. I log every little thing. This week I haven't gone over my log. I've exercised. I drank my water. I haven't over done any exercise so no it's not muscle.

I'm 5'2 and 317.5 is where I started. MFP must be wrong on their calorie intake calculations. I'm not losing but gaing the last two weeks. So how the heck am I suppose to know how many calories I should be having to lose 1 to 2 lbs a week?
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    So much missed this week! I had yet another coworker put in their resignation this week so now i have even more work. The good news is that I get overtime for anything over 40 hours, the bad news is in so wiped out at the end of the day I fall into bed by 8:30 :\

I'm so glad everyone is still full stream ahead on their weight loss journeys. This has been a tough week for me.I don't know if it's just stress from work or what, but I feel like I want to eat everything in sight yet I'm still barely eating regular meals. I'm determined that this week will be better & I'll work out my stress in the pool not on a candy bar!

Barvolo: I'm so happy for your results! And what a great Friday the 13th!

I hope i can get back on here this week, but if i have another killer week I'll be back as soon as i can!
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    BTW, Karen: I love Costco! Try their frozen quinoa & kale packs. They are delicious & a great alternative to rice or potatoes!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I'm not feeling the positivity today. I worked so hard all week and again I gained weight for the second week in a row.

I'm more than upset this morning. MFP says that I should have 2000 calories a day to lose 1 lb a week. I log every little thing. This week I haven't gone over my log. I've exercised. I drank my water. I can't over exercise so no it's not muscle.

I'm 5'2 and 317.5 is where I started. MFP must be wrong on their calorie intake calculations. I'm not losing but gaing the last two weeks. So how the heck am I suppose to know how many calories I should be having to lose 1 to 2 lbs a week?

Karen may I suggest going to scoobysworkshop.com and find out your TDEE ..once you find your TDEE minus 20% from that and eat those calories if you use this method you would not eat back your exercise calories since you would incorporate them when you put in your stats on that website ....If you are exercising and using the MFP method be sure to only eat 50 to 75% back of your exercise calories because MFP over estimates your calorie burn and they do not add in your exercise calories when you sign up on MFP (I hope that makes sense) ....I know its frusterating but you have to play around with numbers until you start to lose ...Also if you aren't losing then you aren't in a calorie deficeint ....best of luck
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies sorry I have not commented on here in awhile ....its been a hectic year with homeschooling ...I hope everyone is doing good :)
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    Ms; I did the calculation and it comes out to 2,476. I was eating 2000 calories a day according to MFP so doesn't that mean I should be losing as I was also getting in some exercise?
  • Femmigirlz
    Options

I even did it on another site and this is what I got, around the same thing.

Your current calorie needs are 2477 per day.

The number of calories consumed should be broken down as follows:
    Carbohydrates: 1115 - 1610 carb calories, or 45-65% of daily intake
    Protein: 248 - 867 protein calories, or 10-35% of daily intake
    Fat: 495 - 867 fat calories, or 20-35% of daily intake
    Breakdown is based on standard USDA guidelines; percentages may vary for those with special dietary needs or advanced training programs.
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    Scooby workshop says should have 1900 calories a day for a 1 lb a week weight loss.

• mysticlizard
    Options
    Karen try out 1900 for two weeks and don't eat back your exercise and see what happens. Don't step on the scale for those two weeks, just concentrate on logging your food and eating within your range. Hang in there, you will figure it out :)

Noodle, remember to take care of yourself with your break neck schedule. Maybe you can make some lunches ahead of time and have some suppers ready to warm up so you can eat right with minimal effort when you come home that tired.

Alice - We had a great supper. It is funny how it takes longer to make it than it does to eat it. I know how you are feeling about the house. We are looking at two of them trying to decide which one is the right one.

Ms. S - It is good to see you. Remember to take some time for yourself. We are not effective as parents (or teachers in your case) if we are spread too thin.

Hey QT, good to see you!

Hi barlovo, grooszeczka, and Cindy!

I hope everyone has an awesome week!
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Karen I also readjusted my calorie intake after calculating my TDEE and I adjusted my macros and I finally started shifting, even if it is slow on the scale, the NSV are really telling! My BMI and body fat have both dropped significantly and so has my dress size. But my scales said I had put on 2kg's for the same period!!!

I also reduced my exercise by 2 hours per week and at the moment, I also try to match my calorie intake to my level of activity. So for example last week, my activity was very low, so I reduced my intake to my minimum levels.

I carried on weighing myself and logging my food and exercise but ignore the scale results for the most part! They are nonsense! You will find what works for you because MFP doesn't always get it right either.

Noodle! I do hope you get some rest so that you can just chill! That must be pretty tough and quite stressful if your colleagues are all resigning like that! Take care of yourself.

MS_smartypants, I hope you get into the groove soon :smiley: Nice to see you back again.
  • MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You're doing the right thing Alice. Go with your gut and if it's not the one that means something better is in the horizon.

Howdy Mystic!

Karen hang in there. Have you been taking your measurements? Do you notice any changes in your body? Clothes fitting different?

Tomorrow is weigh in day for me. I'm not going to kid myself about it I've been over everyday this week. Using food to comfort myself.

I'm trying to remain optimistic. My friend mentioned that it's so hard for us to make healthy choices. Yet when we revert back to unhealthy habits it comes so easy!

I am going to do this!
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement and help. I discovered MFP had my calories set too high. I'm going down 200 calories and that's going to be really hard as I'm struggling with hunger on 2000 calories.