Every day chats!

Options

Replies

• MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the positive vibes Mystic.

Ouch, Cindy! Hopefully all goes well and there won't be any infections.

I'm feeling a bit better but I'm still down about a past coworkers death. I know he's in a better place but I can't help but to feel sad.

Hope you all have a goodnight.
  • MdwstQT
    Options
    Oh man.....This isn't good. I'm still feeling down about my past coworker who passed this week. It's cold as hell and I wanted ice cream. Not a serving of ice cream.....oh no......

I stepped back into my old life and polished off a pint of ice cream in one sitting. Thankfully I stopped there, it could've gotten worse. So now I'm sitting here with a headache and stomach ache :s

I feel worse than ever now.....ugh!
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    MdwstQT~ ((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))) to you! I know it's not always as comforting as it should be that our loved ones are in a better place! I hope you find some peace soon! We are here for you!!
  • barlovo
    barlovo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Mdwstqt: sending big hugs. I really relate to your situation today. Grief is a powerful emotion and many of us are used to eating to comfort and numb our selfs. I once sat in my car at a supermarket parking lot and ate four huge chocolate croissants on the way home from the funeral for a coworkers child. I would have eaten more but I was too embarrassed to go back into
    The store. It was the only way I knew to handle the feelings. I felt very ashamed but now I wish I could go back in time and just give myself a big hug.

We are here for you and please keep sharing.

• MdwstQT
    Options
    Thanks ladies, I feel much better this morning. Funny thing is, I knew it wouldn't end well, sugar overload. My mind was made up, wanted it anyway.

This will pass, today is a new day.
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    QT- It is those of us left behind that hurt, while we all know it, it doesn't make it any easier. Each day heals us a little more, it takes time. I lost a dear friend in Nov. She was an amazing person who made the most of a hard life with love, laughter, and grace. When I think of her, I remind myself to live well and make the most of my life as she did with hers and count my blessings. Hang in there <3
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Wow, I have missed much this week! I thought this week would be easier, but I actually ended up with twice as much work to do because a coworker left the department & they divvyed up her workload to the rest of us. Anyway...

Cindy: I'm sorry to hear about your fingers! Hopefully they're doing better by now. I'm also sorry to hear about the stupid scale. I know you don't want to hear it (I know I hate it), but it could be water weight, it could just be an exchange of fat for muscle. You know all the old stand-bys. I IS discouraging, but it's not like you sat around eating fried chicken & cake all week, so it's probably something stupid like water retention. Hang in there, this too shall pass! BTW, love the new picture! You look 10 years younger! ;)

MdwstQT: I'm sorry to hear about your coworker's loss. I know you know that eating ice cream isn't the end of the world. You recognised it was something you really didn't want to do, but did it anyway & you realized it's not the end all be all. Today is indeed a new day & hopefully today will be full of peace & good choices!

Megan: I hope you are feeling better. Double ear infection is hideous, add sinus infection & I would be bedridden. Ear & sinus infections are the only illnesses in which I turn into a big whiny baby. The pain is unbearable & I just want to jam an icepick into my ear/sinus to relieve the pressure. Take care & hopefully next week you'll be back at it!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ...Just checking in ...Thanks Noodle ...I am still hurting but taking the meds the dr. gave me ...I homeschool my daughter so after we are done for the day I go back to bed and get as much rest as I can ...I have an appt on the 24th for the dr to re check my ears UGH what a pain this has been ....Cindy if you are doing the MFP method please eat 50 to 75% of your exercise calories back ..that is how the MFP method works ...QT sorry for your loss ..hang in there and take some time for you to heal ....I hope everyone else is doing well ... <3 Megan
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Wow Ladies. it has been a very eventful week.

MdwstQT: I really am sorry about your co-worker and your emotional response is normal in this case. And yes we are all here for you at any time. Huge Hugs.

Megan: I am glad to hear that you are feeling a little better. Take the time you need to get fully better before trying to get back into the dieting and the exercise. Sleep and rest is a very good healer.

Cindy: I do hope that you are finger and knee are not so sore. Do you give yourself body break days from both diet and exercise? I find if I don't do that, I start to immediately stagnate with the weight loss.

Noodle, Liz and Megan, how has your week been?

Barlovo how was your second week on the road? I have a feeling that from March to June, I will be living out of a suitcase.

I do hope you all have a lovely weekend after such a stress filled week. Hugs to all of you.
  • MdwstQT
    edited February 2015
    Options
    QT- It is those of us left behind that hurt, while we all know it, it doesn't make it any easier. Each day heals us a little more, it takes time. I lost a dear friend in Nov. She was an amazing person who made the most of a hard life with love, laughter, and grace. When I think of her, I remind myself to live well and make the most of my life as she did with hers and count my blessings. Hang in there <3

Thanks Mystic, so true it is a reminder that we're still here.

Thanks Alice, this group is awesome!
  • barlovo
    barlovo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi Alice, I started to figure out the food /travel stuff about midway through the trip. My biggest victory was bringing a big salad to share at a Super Bowl pizza party. I was surprised how many people thanked me. I guess I'm not the only middle aged educator who's trying to eat more healthily!

Tracking my food was harder than I thought. That's what I want to work on for my next trip.

What's the reason for your Msrch through June travel??
  • MdwstQT
    Options

Thanks Mystic, so true it is a reminder that we're still here.
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Hi Barlovo. Last year I focused on only one of our sites at work due to a merger. This year I am going to all sites and during these first quarters I am launching a pilot leadership and self mastery programme. My contract ends in August with the client, and I want to ensure that what is lewve behind is adopted and implemented.

By the way congratulations on your learnings. I do think more and people crave healthy foods but are used to the convenience of processed foods.
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    They are predicting up to another 18' of snow over the next few days!! UGH!!! I have NO WHERE to put any more snow!!! Here is a pi of hubby trying to clear our mailbox so we can get mail...he is 6' 4" tall the snow is past his waist!!
    m8ecpzs5r1p2.jpg

MdwstQT~I have been thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way…I hope they get to you soon!

Noodle~ Awww...thanks for the kind words! Too bad I can’t become 10 yrs younger lol! My fingers are doing better…only ended up with one blister so not as bad as it could have been. Sorry things have been so hectic for you at work…we have missed you!
    fn8kwa2y401k.jpg

Megan~ Make sure you take care of yourself...we have missed you too but want you to be better! Thanks for the tip about the exercise points…I will try to put 50% back in…and see how it goes!

Aalice~ I do not give myself a full day break…but I do take a couple days here and there that I only do my walking as opposed to the walking and full workouts. I also make sure to allow myself a treat occasionally as long as it doesn’t put me over my calorie allowance. Last week Kyli and I made brownies and I had one. But I don’t want to have “cheat” days until this lifestyle is more habitual for me.

Barlovo~ KUDOS to you on your Super bowl victory! Bringing a healthy food… I think of when my kids had parties at school and I would always make a healthy snack that was still cute to go along with their theme such as Valentine’s day or Halloween and the kids would almost ALWAYS scarf down the healthy snack first…it truly astonished me at first..but I do it at work now too and it is the same here! I hope the travel gets easier for you! Do you travel a lot for work? I am going for a week at the end of April for my job! UGH I hate it!

Aaliceinw~ Do you also travel a lot for work regularly?

Have a FAB_U_LOSS day my friends!!

• FindingCindy721
    Options
    Sorry about the size of the pics...I don't know how to size them!
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Cindy - Four years ago we got 89 inches of snowfall for the year and it looked like that from Dec to the beginning of April. The piles from shoveling and plowing were massive. The city, county, and businesses paid to have the snow trucked out and dumped. I was never so grateful that we were renting and the management company took care of it. Hang in there, we are in Feb. now, only 21 days, March, and April to go. Your finger looks nasty, I am glad it isn't were you bend it though.

Noodle, Ms. S, QT, Alice, barlovo, and Karen - I hope you all have an awesome day!
  • Femmigirlz
    Femmigirlz Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I hope everyone is doing great. I have to be honest I am not posting much in here because I'm trying to get use to this site. I don't like that you cannot click like on someone's post on here except for the food journals and in order to post you either have to name the person or read a whole bunch of posts before you can comment here and its all confusing for me and time consuming right now. If there is an easier way to navigate through this group please let me know.
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Cindy that sure is a lot is snow! Here was me silently cursing during this mornings run. Because it was very, very hot at 8:00am. Your finger looks like it is healing cleanly but thT must have been so sore.

As a consultant, yes I normally travel a lot. The last two years hadn't been so bad but this year I have lots of catch up. I hope you have a lovely weekend planned?

Hi Mysticlizard. I hope you are having a great weekend.

Karen, I agree that it is very frustrating to navigate around this site and the notifications are not the best either. Enjoy your day.
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Liz~ That's the issue we are having...there is no where to truck it to...everyone is overloaded! LOL I too was grateful the burn wasn't on the knuckle...That would have taken much longer to heal!

Karen~ I LOVE your avatar! So nice to see your BEAUTIFUL face! I'm sorry you aren't enjoying the group. I know there are a lot of discussions going on, but that actually helps keep things organized. I think it makes things easier.

aaliceinw~ I wish there were a way to share my snow...it wold definitely cool you off! KUDOS to you for still going to your park run even with the heat! Give yourself a BIG HUG!!! Yes, I have been fortunate no infection has set in with my burns...I have been very careful to keep them clean.

The rest of my L.O.S.T. friends...hope you are having a FAB_U_LOSS day my friends!!!
  • Femmigirlz
    Femmigirlz Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Cindy; I enjoy the group and posts, I just don't enjoy figuring out how to navigate :)