Every day chats!

Options

Replies

• FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO PATS!!! What a close call!!! That one was a nail biter! B):p

Megan~ We can not eat at Burger King EVER!!! LOL My daughter is huge on not supporting certain companies because of their "practices" or "policies" ...she found out a couple years ago that Burger King in the UK had used horse meat in their hamburgers and she went ballistic! So we do not support Burger King at all. It has to do with the very cruel and INHUMANE way that horses have to be slaughtered in order to be edible. We also can not buy Tyson chicken because of the way they treat their chickens! We can only buy Purdue chicken.

Noodle~ I completely feel for you! Allergies are the worst...especially if they trigger asthma!! UGH I use a generic of the Zyrtec as my secondary med in Spring and Fall. My allergist recommended that I move to the southeast region because of all the stuff I am allergic to but I LOVE New England!!!

Karen~ How did your Super Bowl party go? I hope you all had a GREAT time!

MdwstQT~ I hope you are doing well! You have been fairly quiet!

Here's to a FAB_U_LOSS week my friends!!!!
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Cindy - I am so glad your team won. I saw the last four minutes online. Quite the nail biter indeed. I have a list of places I won't shop because of their corporate policies or how they treat their employees. It drives my daughters nuts.

Hi to everyone else :)
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Liz~ I encourage it because it make her aware of things below the surface. She is not someone that just follows the crowds or has to have "name brands".
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Cindy - I hope my girls will get to that point.
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Seriously glad the Pats won. Seattle proved to be classless. Frankly I think the entire team should be suspended for their ridiculous unsportsmanlike behavior over the past season. Brady played like a champ & the whole team really clicked.
  • Femmigirlz
    Femmigirlz Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    MdwstQT wrote: »
    Congrats Karen!

Here's to a great week!

Thank you very much. All my planning for Super Bowl and I went over but that's ok for now. Today a fresh start and trying to learn from mistakes and today got in 30 min of strengthening exercise so not so bad.
  • MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Howdy ladies!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! We're already in February!

Karen the key is moderation. Today is a new day and a new opportunity to make better choices! Remember balance not perfection.

Cindy wow, I didn't know that about BK.....ugh! I heard about Tyson before though. I need to stay mindful and make sure I don't support them!
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Well the snow is still coming down here. When I get out of work at 630 AM I have to go by Mom's and get her all shoveled out! I am trying to stay positive so I keep telling myself what a great workout it is! But seriously??? I'm tired of SNOW!!! It took me almost an hour to get to work...double my normal commute. And I white knuckled it all the way here. I have all wheel drive but I was slipping and sliding all over...and never got above 30MPH!!! Mother Nature needs to turn down the winter a little already!

Liz~ I have to say... I am very proud of my daughter and the strong minded individual that she is becoming. I may not be great at a lot of things but my kids are the one thing I definitely did well in life.

Noodle~ I agree about the Seahawks sportsmanship...or lack thereof...I LOVE my Pats but had they lost and behaved like that, I would be far more ashamed of their behavior than of their losing!

Karen~ Things may not have been perfect with your eating for the super bowl party but just think what it may have been had you not put that much thought and effort into making it healthier! I bet you'll find you hit a bigger victory than you are giving yourself credit for!

MdwstQT~ My daughter is a serious animal rights kinda kid. My hubby and I always joked when she was little that if we made it til she was 16 and she hadn't gotten arrested we would be GREAT parents! We figured she would be one of those going to labs and releasing the lab animals and such!

Have a FAB_U_LOSS night my friends!!!
  • MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Lol Cindy! You guys are doing a great job! I love it when the young folks are passionate about good things.

I started feeling tired at work today. Didn't help there was an all day meeting. I grabbed two small pieces of candy, jolly rancher and fruit gummies. Naturally, it didn't give me energy. Definitely didn't feel the need to go back for more.

I'm waiting on my six o'clock and I'm sooooo tired! I'm going to do a little low impact cardio tonight about 20 mins. That will give me two workouts already this week.

Off I go......
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Hi All you awesome ladies

I am down for awhile ....Went to the dr today ...I have 2 ear infections along with a sinus infection .....She said no exercising for awhile ...UGH I had all my motivation and was doing great in the exercise dept...I hope I don't lose my motivation when I return to working out ....

How is everyone else doing?
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Ms. S - What a bummer. Take it easy and take care of yourself <3 Doing good here :)
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    It was so cold when I got to work the other night (Sunday), I decided to make myself a cup of hot tea. I have a travel mug for work (because it has a lid) but it doesn't fit in the microwave so I have to boil the water in another cup & pour it in...the water splashed out & burned all my fingers. I kept snow packed around it for 7 hrs in a bag and I thought they were OK...today my middle finger actually blistered, it broke open and OUCH!!!

MdwstQT~ Awesome job on keeping the candy minimal o:) and seeing how your body reacted to it! Next time you feel sleepy like that try taking 10 REALLY DEEP SLOW breaths while stretching! Sounds kinda crazy but when your body absorbs more oxygen...you get a burst of energy. :o

Megan~if you have trouble with motivation just keep coming back here...we will help keep you motivated!!! Take care of yourself by giving yourself the rest you need! I hope you feel better my friend!!! <3

Liz~ Glad your doing well!! :p

I hope everyone else is doing well...Noodle, aaliceinw, Karen, Agnes...we miss you!
    Have a FAB_U_LOSS day my friends!!!

• mysticlizard
    Options
    Cindy - I know it will be a few days, but I hope your finger starts to feel better.
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    For some reason my posts here keep disappearing . They are fine everywhere else.
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I asked about your knee and now your fingers Cindy.
    I also welcomed Karen,
    I see there are posts that I have missed also. I will catch up on the weekend.
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Liz ~Thanks...my finger is definitely sore! It was just such a stupid thing! Right now my biggest concern is keeping it clean at work. If I can keep it from getting infected I will be happy.

aaliceinw~ My knee is strange...it hurts, then feels better...then hurts then feels better. It seems to hurt the worst when I first wake up or if I've been sitting for a while and first get up. Which seems really strange to me. When I walk on it for a while it actually starts feeling better. It hasn't kept me from doing anything so I haven't bothered to have it checked.

Have a FAB_U_LOSS day my friends!!!
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Hi Everyone, Just checking in. I am sending positive thoughts out to all of you! Have a great day :)
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Thanks Liz but I don't think your thoughts got here today! Maybe they froze in the added snow we are getting AGAIN!
    MAJOR frustration,aggravation, confusion, anger, now I am STRESSED out! I KNOW I should not be a SLAVE to the scale and I know ups and downs will occur and if I have days where I go over my cals they should be expected! BUT I am only on week 4 (WAY TOO EARLY for a stall/plateau) and I have not been anywhere NEAR over my calories on even one single day...I don't even log my workouts all the time because I don't eat my exercise points any way....and I GAINED weight this week! This should not even be physically possible!!! I am anal about writing EVERYTHING I eat and ALWAYS OVERESTIMATE the amounts rather than take a chance at under estimating....I AM SOOOO UPSET today! I am NOT giving up but I AM upset! (That is such an understatement) I do know I skipped my visit from TOM so I am HOPING that has something to do with it! But I am UPSET none the less! I forgot to measure myself when I started Jan 1st but I did measure 2 wks in and I have lost some inches...I am not logging those until March 1st so I have a full month worth...right now they are minimal...6 1/2" overall.
    Sorry to be a downer today!
    I hope the rest of you are having FAB_U_LOSS days!!!
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    They probably got frozen on the way, it is still -7 here and the wind is howling. Take your frustration and use it to fuel working out. Some times I would like to just have a good ole temper tantrum. Hang in there, you are doing everything right, the scale will start moving.
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Thanks Liz! I'm looking at scales and will order one by weekends end! :)