Every day chats!

Options

Replies

• mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Good morning Noodle! I wasn't planning on setting a time limit. It is just that if I am going to see everyone (which doesn't happen but every few years) I want to wow them. I guess it is vanity. I haven't even given thought about having to get new clothes I have just been tightening my belt. You will be in your smaller clothes soon. Is there something special in your wardrobe that you are really looking forward to fitting back into?
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be able to wear my Flogging Molly t-shirt without worrying I'll rip out of it like the Hulk! LOL.

It's not vain at all to want to show off all of you hard work. I see all of my family once a year usually too, this year my aunt was the one who wow'd everyone. She lost nearly 100lbs & she looks great! I thought if she can do it at 60, I can certainly do it at 35. I noticed as were looking through the pictures from this year's family reunion (we have 1 every 5 years) that I was only in 1 or 2 pictures and that I was hiding myself at a picnic table. That made me feel really sad because I don't know if my grandma is going to make it to the next one, she's about to turn 82 & I would've loved to take a picture with her in our matching t-shirts, but I didn't fit into my shirt this year & I felt really awful, so I plunked myself down at that picnic table the whole day & only got up to get food. I didn't even polka, which I always do. I think that was probably the point that I really realized that I had to do something. That was 4th of July weekend & I didn't get back into until this January, but I knew then I couldn't live my life this way anymore.

I'd love to be at my goal weight at the next reunion, which will be 4th of July weekend 2019. I have 179 more pounds to lose, so I think that's realistic! I should print out one of those sad looking pictures from the reunion & hang it up & look at it every time I feel like giving up.
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Frame the picture and set it by your marble jars.
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    We are battening down the hatches here. We are expected to get up to 30" of snow over the next day or so with blizzard conditions and strong winds! We usually lose power during these storms so if I am MIA over the next couple days...it's because I am snowed in! The last really bad storm like this was last year and we went 6 days with no power...so no internet :'( !

Noodle~ I hope you did not miss the chance for that pic with your Grandmother! I lost my Nana last year...she was 92. I HATE my pic taken more than ANYTHING...my daughter went to a military ball 2 weeks before Nana passed and my Nana asked if she could come with us to take Kyli to the ball...she said she had never been to a ball before. We brought her with us and I was Blessed to get a 4 generations picture that day! It is a very treasured memory for me. I had the picture turned into one of those canvas paintings and I LOVE it! I also have the most BEAUTIFUL pic of my daughter with my Nana that day...my Nana has the most beautiful smile in that picture and I TREASURE them both! There have been many family gatherings that I do the same as you...I HIDE from the camera.
    My hubby jokes that he has no proof that I actually went on our honeymoon with him because I am NEVER in the pics. I actually do all the picture taking at our family gatherings so I can stay BEHIND the camera. Once I lose weight...I'm hoping to conquer that next. I have a million pics of my kids growing up but not more than 3-4 of US. I kind of regret that. I want to have some with my Grandson! He called me today and said "Grandma, I like coco milk!" and dropped the phone lol.

I hope you all have a FAB_U_LOSS day my friends!!! <3
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Quick update..we still have power for now...we have a little over 2 feet of snow already and it's coming down between 2-4" per hour! I went out to shovel at 8 AM and you could hardly see the cars...the wind drifts are a few feet tall. They have declared a state of emergency in our state. I'm really bummed because I won't get much walking in however, I will be doing a lot of shoveling. Thanks for all your well wishes my friends!
    I hope you are all having a FAB_U_LOSS day my friends!!!!
    This was my driveway at 8 AM
    dvudetcxhg1f.jpg
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Cindy - Wow! Shoveling snow burns more calories than walking;) Hang in there and keep warm.
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Wow! That really is a lot of snow to move Cindy. There is no need for any other exercise one you have finished that!
  • Noodle797
    Options
    Yikes, looks like my driveway last winter! Stay warm Cindy!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies ...How is everyone doing ? Dang that's a lot of snow Cindy ..I am jealous ...I soooooo want snow (doesn't snow where I am in California ) :( ...Well I need to brag for a moment ...I am really proud of myself I have worked out every day since the 11th except for 2 days ..that is a big accomplishment for me :) I hope everyone is doing well with their goals
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Way to go Ms. S!!! That is awesome! Keep it up :D Here in MN we usually have a lot of snow that I would be happy to send you, but we are looking at dirty snow piles and dead grass :\.
  • MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I hope all is well with everyone.

All is well here, still on track and I got my new nose ring. Stay warm and safe those of us battling snowmaggedon.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Thanks Mystic ....awesome job Md for being on track :)
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    It's 430 AM and the snow is finally dying down! I'm very grateful that we didn't lose power. We usually do and I live in a very rural area so we are the LAST ones plowed or put bak on the grid. It looks like we got just over the 30" predicted. We ended up shoveling several times yesterday and will only have about 4-6" to clean up this morning once the sun come up. The real exercise will be when I go take care of my Mom's house today! We pay someone to plow her driveway but I shovel the rest! The roads have been too bad to travel so I had to wait til it was all done this time! I hope we have a place to put it all.

mysticlizard~ That is a lot of snow and I actually chose to look at it the same way...it's a great way to burn A LOT of calories!

Megan~ If I could find a way to get it to you without it melting...I would gladly ship you a heaping mountain of it...so you could build a snowman and do some snow angels! There are a lot of fun things to do in snow...but we have far too much!!!

MdwtQT~ Love the pic of your new BLING! You should be sooo proud! I can't wait to hit my 25lbs so I can get my hair done!

Have a FAB_U_LOSS day my friends!!!!
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Cindy - You be careful shoveling out your mom's not to injure yourself and enjoy a killer workout!
  • MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Glad you made it through the snow storm Cindy.

Thanks ladies!

I'm going into work later today. Thus, getting off after 9pm. I'm going to make sure to pack nutritious snacks. I'm eating left overs for lunch.

It's hump day the weekend is almost here!
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    My daughter is in a veterinary science class at her high school and they are taking a field trip to NYC to see the Westminster dog show and guess who's chaperoning??? Yes, they will probably be committing me to the nut house soon LOL! We leave the school at 6 AM on Tues Feb 17th...get into Manhattan around 11 AM...they have a couple places planned for the kids to go, then they will be dropping us off in Time Square where we will be going off on our own for a few hours, then they will be picking us up to go to Madison Square Garden for the show. We will be there a couple hrs before the show where the kids get to hang out back stage talking with the owners, handlers, trainers and groomers of the dogs. We will be watching the live showing and then boarding the bus back home...estimated time home 5 AM Wednesday! I keep reminding myself that I am not a spring chicken but I am as excited as the kids are. Most of her friends I have known since they were in kindergarten or 1st grade (one of the great things about living in a small town) So I have watched them grow up and half the group going with us calls me Mom. I have always treasured the fact that my kids and their friends like hanging at our house and with us. So having this last big trip with them is something I am going to treasure for sure!!!

Mysticlizard~ Funny you should mention that... I took a fall on the ice! UGH! I definitely am not a bumble...I don't bounce! I twisted my knee! Doesn't seem to be too bad...hoping it will be fine in a day or so!

MdwstQT~ Great planning! I will start looking forward to week ends again in a couple weeks. My work partner comes back Feb 7th.Then I imagine he'll take a couple days annual leave after being gone 5 weeks (I did when I went that long). Then is Presidents day week end which I will work but the following week end I will get some time off.

Have a FAB_U_LOSS day my friends!!!
  • Noodle797
    Options
    Cindy!! Westminster! I watch it every year on tv. I'm so jealous (again)! That is going to be so fun! I wish I could have a dog, I'm so allergic to them. :( I have 2 cats that I'm also allergic to, but I love them too much to give up. I just take a pill every day & buy Puffs Plus Lotion in bulk from Costco. Totally worth it!
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    QT - Have a great day at work! It is almost Friday.

Cindy - How awesome! That will be so much fun! I love to watch it on TV and see all the different breeds. I hope your knee is feeling better.

Hey Noodle, Ms S, and aaliceinw!

• aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hey there everyone. I hope this post stays. I've been posting here but they are not showing
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    We watch the Westminster on TV every year too! And we are super fortunate because we are actually going to see the grand champion...the final night. They changed the date AGAIN. We are leaving Tuesday morning into Wednesday now. Which was the original plan...her teacher is VERY disorganized!!!

Noodle~ I had to laugh...I have the same allergies but opposite! I am DEATHLY allergic to cats (we have 2 Sphynx)...and am allergic to dogs but would NEVER give up one of my kids! My Alapaha Blue Blooded Bulldog thinks she is my toddler LOL! My daughter even gets jealous of her sometimes! I too buy Puff plus in BULK! I am allergic to 5-6 trees that are indigenous to our region, mold , mildew, dust, dust mites, and most every animal other than horses...my kids joke that they are going to put me in a bubble! Spring and Fall are HORRIBLE for me. I have to double on my allergy meds for those 2 seasons. I also get allergy induced asthma so I have to use an inhaler and a nebulizer sometimes too.

Mysticlizard~My knee is feeling a little better but still giving me some issues. I only got around 4500 steps in between midnight and 630...I usually do around 7000. The cement floors in our warehouse really made it uncomfortable. My steps are wearing work boots not sneakers so that didn't help either...they felt very heavy by the time I left. If it's not better by the beginning of next week I will go in to have it checked out. Thanks for asking!

aaliceinw~ I was having issues yesterday on this site also. It kept booting me off...I would still be on the site but I would not be logged in any more and my food wouldn't log. Seems to be better today!

Have a FAB+U+LOSS day my friends!!!