Every day chats!

Options

Replies

• FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    OK Ladies...I will be MIA til sometime tomorrow...?probably tomorrow night! We are off to Boston!

Megan~ I know it's supposed to drop some but I have 120lbs to lose still! They are jumping WAY too fast! What happens in 100 lbs. I will only be eating 100 calories a day ? :o:s

Mdwst~ Thanks!

Noodles~ I feel the same way! This is exactly what I was looking for when I wanted to start a group! I LOVE checking in here and you all really do help me immensely! <3

Have a FAB_U_LOSS day my friends!!!
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Cindy: I'd say see if you can schedule an appointment with a Nutritionist. Your health insurance might even cover the visit. Mine did a body composition test, took measurements & listened to what my cravings & eating habits were & helped me form a super realistic plan. For the first time in my life I'm losing weight & I don't feel like I'm starving or that there are any foods that I can't eat. She helped me to identify a lot of the problems I have associated with food & is helping me work through those issues. She made great suggestions on substitutions that I would actually eat. Before every diet I tried was basically like "eat plain chicken breasts, steamed veggies, naked salads & drink a lot of water". Seriously, who can do that all the time & keep it up long term? Not me, that's for darn sure. Honestly, seeing a nutrionists has been the best thing I've done for myself in a really long time. :blush:
  • MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Safe and fun travels Cindy

I agree Noodles and Megan this group is awesome! There have been plenty of times this group had kept me going.

It's storming out now so I'm wrapped up watching tv. Tomorrow off to the spa with one of my besties. We planned this months ago. So cool that I can celebrate my changes.
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Stay warm QT!
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm getting back into the work routine and finding it difficult to keep awake long enough in the evenings to drop in here.

Cindy I hope you are having the most fabulous time with your hubby right now :D.
    1200 calories is not sustainable. Check your own settings and see if you need to change anything. I was on sedentary and had 1200 and moved it to 3 activities per week, and MFP moved me to 1550. I can eat proper meals and it makes it so much easier to plan everything. 1200 calorie goals is extremely restrictive and depressing. Also your body will stagnate from time to time as it repairs itself and adjusts to new diets and exercise regimes. It is very necessary, so allow it to do its thaaaang!

You are doing extremely well. I have lost a mere 3lbs in 4 weeks... snif! snif! But I am feeling fabulous, have dropped inches so one pair of training pants doesn't stay up anymore; lost one of my chins and my flab handles are not filling my hands as much now! ooh! ooh! oo! and my tummy has gone down so much, I can see the floor without bending over :wink: :smiley: But the scale says.... not much is happening! While you are not losing on the scale, your body is converting fat to muscle most likely.

MdswstQT - You rock also sweetie pie! Your energy has changed so much! You are so much more motivated and sounds so much happier than when you first started here. Are you keeping up with your breakfasts?

I vill be back... ze you zis evening ladies... have to leave for my first Park Run (Walk)
  • aaliceinw
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Love the "losing my marbles" idea Noodle! That is a really great visualisation and I agree with what you said about the nutritionist. It helps so much to do the right thing because we are all different.

Can't wait for your feedback about the concert Cindy!
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    I Everyone!
    Cindy I hope you had an awesome time and the snow wasn't a problem.
    Noodle, I love the jar idea too:)
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Hello my Lovely Lady friends!!!
    I had an AMAZING time in Boston! The hotel was GREAT...well the doorman and valets were...the desk clerks kinda had sticks up their butts...you would expect a little more friendliness but over all we were pleased! A bottle of water in the fridge in our room was $6.50! OUTRAGEOUS!!! So we found a little 24 hr store a few blocks away and did more walking (YEAH US)! Also right around the corner was a farmers market!!! We hit that up (in 4" of snow) this morning before we left!
    It was cold but because we walked 1/2 mile to the show we were OK. The concert was more than I expected!!! He played for 3 hrs!!! We were 4th row from the stage...a couple in front of us in row 2 got engaged during one of his ballots and he is so in tuned with the audience..he noticed and had it put on the jumbo tron and addressed them personally! It was AWESOME! He threw his water bottle out to the crowd and it landed right in front of us! The girl that got it cried! She was soooo excited!
    The only disappointing thing the whole time was our dinner. We were unsure of the time it would take to get there so we ate close to the Garden...and the place we went was so busy they refused to make salads or sandwiches...you had a choice of cheese or pepperoni pizza only! All the other places around were bars so we didn't expect any decent choices from them either so pizza it was! I went over in my calories but I did not add my walking in at all so I think I actually would have been under.
    We got in from the concert at 2 AM, went to bed around 330 AM, and we were up by 6 AM. We showered and went to the Farmers Market, then to breakfast, then to Fanuel Hall before heading home. Drove home in the storm so it took longer than it would have, then we had to shovel and snow blow the driveway, walkway, mailbox, and a place for our barrels to get put out...by then we were EXHAUSTED and I just wanted to sleep before having to work all night! So my eating today was not great either. It gave me the you need to eat more on here...LOL But tomorrow I will be back on track! Hubby and I have another AMAZING memory so I don't regret a thing!
    I have to get back to work but will post more tomorrow! Thanks so much for all the positive encouragement! You guys ROCK!!! <3
    Sweet dreams and have a FAB_U_LOSS night my friends!!!
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Cindy, I am so glad you had a nice time. It sounds like you made some awesome memories. I am glad you got home safe.
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Yaaaay! Cindy! That sounds like it really was such an awesome trip and the creation of really fabulous memories with hubby. And remember with all the hard work you have put in, there is no reason at all to feel even the teeniest, tiniest bit guilty about not eating right for the day.

I am so very happy for you and hubby! :D<3

Hey mysticlizard what are you up too today?

• mysticlizard
    Options
    Hey Alice, I am working for a bit this morning and then I am going to start a 3x a week workout with some dumbbells I just got. I hope you have an awesome day!
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    That sounds like a lot of fun and a great choice for strength building mysticlizard. You go girl!
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    OK so the workout kicked my ---! I can only get better from here! I am more motivated than ever. I spoke with my son today and we decided to descend on my mom for Christmas so we can see the baby. The three girls wouldn't let me go without them when the baby is born. I am hoping my younger son can make it from TX to CO as well. It would be nice to have us all together again.

I haven't been under 220 since the girls were born (the youngest is 14, 15 in May). I would love to be under 200 pounds when we see everyone in Dec. I am at 251 right now. Do you ladies think it is do-able?
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    My daughter has joined MFP..she had an injury to her foot in Aug and has gained about 20 lbs from being sedentary...something she is very much NOT used to. She had surgery in Nov and was just released a week or so ago to start exercising again. She was also put on the depo shot for medical purposes last year due to being diagnosed with mittelschmerz, and had gained 25 lbs from the shot. So she is looking to lose 45 lbs! Her username is Kyli315 .

aaliceinw~ Thank you so much! I just wanted to tell you... You are an awesome supporter and I am so glad I found you here! I look forward to "chatting" with you all the time!

You are ALL awesome! I am very happy to have you ALL!!!!

Mysticlizard~ ABSOLUTELY!!!! I Am shooting for 50 lbs by June when my daughter graduates! I am down 17 so far! We CAN do this!!! I am so excited for you!!!

I hope you're all having a FAB_U_LOSS day my friends!!!
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Cindy- Awesome for your daughter. Foot injuries are the worst. Good for her! You can motivate each other.

I guess why I am wondering if this is a realistic goal is I haven't lost weight since I was in my early 20's. I will be 50 in Oct. and I am done going through the change by a few years. Everything I have read states that it is harder to loose weight post change.
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Mysticlizard~ Check with your Dr. I am 47...will be 48 in July and I say...shoot for the stars!!! Although I readily admit...it's tougher as I get older!
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    I am going to give it all I got:)
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    That's the best we can do!
    Not that it will matter in the long run...holding that amazing little bundle of cuteness will make you feel like a million bucks regardless LOL!!!
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    I am also so happy to have found you and the other ladies here Cindy. And thanks again for creating such an awesome group. MFP is the perfect place for your daughter to be Cindy. I am glad she has progressed to the point where she can start exercising again and she already has a cool team of supporters here of course.

Mysticlizard, it really is worth going to see a dietician, who will coach you on your eating and exercise habits as well. It is difficult to change twenty years of habits by yourself and our bodies work very, very differently when the change arrives.

You can and will do this but get the professionals on your side to help you achieve your goals. It could also be one of your treats, make the nutritionist an advance reward!
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    So happy you had such a great time, Cindy! All the hours you've been putting in at work lately have been worth it if you can have weekend like this one!

mysticlizard, I think 50lbs by Christmas is totally do-able! That's about a pound a week, which is not unrealistic at all. I didn't really set a time frame for the weight I want to lose, but I think it would be nice to lose 50 by Christmas. I wouldn't even have to buy new clothes because I saved the clothes I was wearing 50lbs ago, since it wasn't that long ago! :)