Every day chats!

Options

Replies

• Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Awesome for your daughter, Cindy! She is an inspiration!
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Thanks a million gals. I guess I am too hard on myself....

I want it all!.... I want it all.... I want it now!

Cindy I am so, so happy that your daughter decided to go anyway and that now you are having a normal prom dress shopping experience :wink: You must be truly proud of your daughter! It's nice to have created this chat as well within the group. I will post the updates to the baby steps tomorrow. Right now my eyes and brain are craving sleep time.

MdwstQT. Loving the way, you just keep moving forward... something has changed about your resolve, in a very good way ;-0

Thanks so much MS_Smartypants and Noodle797! Hope you had a fantastic day today!
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I am CRAZY TIRED today! It's been a while since I have felt like this. I hope it's just because of all the hours I'm working and NOT that I'm coming down with something! My husband and I are going to Boston Friday. We are going to see Garth Brooks and stay down there at a hotel. We have not gone anywhere without our kids in 17 years! I can't get sick now!!!

MdwstQT~ It goes waaaay too fast! Enjoy every minute of her growing up!

Noodle~ Thanks. I am very proud of her! I hope your feeling better!

aaliceinw~ I hope you got your well needed rest my friend! I too am exhausted, but I need to go to work soon :\ I am very proud of my daughter, she has a strong character and does not follow along with others just because.

Have a FAB_U_LOSS night my friends!!
  • Noodle797
    Options
    Ug, I just have to share because I feel wretched. I have a weird food poisoning thing going on and, just because I'm so so special I'm also on my dot and though I feel like I have live snakes in my guts I'm still craving chocolate. I'm not really a sweets person, but when it's that time of the month I'd sell my mother for a Snickers bar. My co-worker who sits at the desk next to me has the metabolism of a hampster on speed & always keeps a huge bowl of chocolate on the corner of her desk. I think today I'm going to ask her politely as I can to throw it out the window before I have to. :s
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Noodle. I hope you get to feeling better!
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Cindy sorry to hear that you are poorly. Do you have a couple of no exercise days in amongst your activities? Our bodies will stop us when we push too hard. It needs time to recuperate. Go slow and take a day off exercising completely so that your body can recuperate and of course take loads of vitamin C just in case.

Yes I did sleep well thank you. It is usually fairly late when I get around to catching up here. For example right now it is almost 10:00pm.

Noodle - Oh dear, that sounds really unpleasant. I hope it gets flushed out quickly. In the meantime get as much fluids as possible in you if you can tolerate it, so that you don't dehydrate. Does your co-worker keep the bowl there to taunt you? :#

• Noodle797
    Options
    Thanks Cindy, Alice & Mystic. I don't think she keeps it there to taunt me, Alice, but there are a lot of sugar addicts in my office. They're constantly bringing in donuts, cookies, cake, etc. Today was someone's birthday & their wife just dropped off cake & ice cream. At least it's not shrimp, I have zero resistance against shrimp! ;)
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Noodle~ So sorry you are getting double whammied! TOM visiting is bad enough but food poisoning to boot UGH! I hope you feel better SOON!

aaliceinw~ I work an overnight shift..10PM-630AM and lately I have been working at 8PM-630AM because we are short handed at work. I have also not had a day off yet this year. I have Friday off for the concert then I won't have another day off until Feb 7th. Hopefully things will get back to normal then because my partner at work will be back...he's at training right now! I am taking today off from exercising...jus too wiped out!

Have a FAB_U_LOSS day my friends!!!

• MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Noodles. If your tummy is still queezy the BRAT diet might help; bananas, plain rice, applesauce, and plain toast. It works every time for me.

Cindy hope you're able to enjoy your getaway with the hubby. Glad your getting a rest day in.

Thanks Alice, I've noticed my outlook is changing already.

It's currently 3:48am and guess whose bright eyed and bushy tailed? Oh and yes I do have to work today, 8am-5pm. This should be interesting :neutral_face:
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    QT, I hope you didn't fall asleep half way through the day with you being up before the chickens and all.
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Hello all my lovely friends!!! I'm getting super excited about Friday now!

MdwstQT~Whenever you are up at that time...you can msg me lol! I work overnights! UGH :s I'm glad you are feeling more positive...you deserve to feel GREAT! You ROCK my friend! B)

Mysticlizard~ I don't think that even the chickens are up that early LOL :p

Have a FAB_U_LOSS night my friends!!!
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Down 1.8 lbs today! Not as good as I would have liked but I am happy. I'm trying for 2 lbs wk. Gotta try to catch some sleep. Will be back later!
    Hope you all have a FAB_U_LOSS day my friends!!
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Cindy, Just one day away! I am so excited for you and your husband. Have a great time! 1.8 is another 1.8 gone! Keep up the good work!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone....Sorry I haven't commented lately ....I home school my daughter so I am not usually here much during the week ....I hope everyone is doing great ..... :)
  • Noodle797
    Options
    Cindy, I'm so jealous! I love Garth Brooks & it's been so long since he performed. I think the last time I went to one of his concerts was at least 10 years ago. You're going to have a great time! I know the pain of working night shifts, I alternated 12 hour night shifts for the past 15 years. I used to drive a forklift & I'd eat just to stay awake. It's only in the last year that I finally got an 8 hour a day desk job.

I'm happy for you 1.8lb loss, that is awesome! I try not to get hung up on numbers, I'm shooting for 2lbs a week too, but I'll take any loss at all!

Someone mentioned yesterday that they set up 2 big mason jars in their house and filled one with as many marbles as they had pounds to lose and for each pound lost they would move a marble to the other jar. I think that is such an awesome idea that I'm going to set that up this weekend. I'm excited that I get to put 10lbs in the lost jar right away, and I think it'll be a nice visualization. I'll be losing my marbles one at a time! lol!!
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I am soooo excited! Hubby and I haven't gone away alone in 17 yrs! And I LOVE GARTH!!! We have 4th row floor seats! ( I will think of you Noodle...I will try to get a good shot & share) Our hotel is half a mile from the Garden where he is playing...so we will be walking to and from the concert! We are planning to drive down to Boston early in the day and walk around the city and if the snow holds off we will be doing some walking before heading home Saturday! Unfortunately it's back to work Saturday night for me!
    As for the 1.8 I will definitely be happy with any loss weekly. Just want to try a little harder for 2 LOL. Does anyone know if something is going on a little screwy with MFP? My calories dropped to 1200 day...that seems too low to expect a good deficit every day!

Noodle~ I LOVE that marble idea! I think I may do it as well!!! A visual on my dresser every day would be awesome motivation! I have little motivational quotes that post for myself strategically once in a while! Maybe I will start sharing them here!

Megan~ Don't sweat life keeping you from being here EVERY day! Just pop in when you can! I know I personally love hearing from you when you can get here! :)

Have a FAB_U_LOSS day my friends!!!

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    As for the 1.8 I will definitely be happy with any loss weekly. Just want to try a little harder for 2 LOL. Does anyone know if something is going on a little screwy with MFP? My calories dropped to 1200 day...that seems too low to expect a good deficit every day!

I believe it goes down with every 10 pounds (or at least it use to when I was on this site before)
  • MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Have a great time Cindy! Congrats on the loss!

Sounds like a great idea Noodles. Good visualization tool.

Megan come by when you can. We'll leave the light on :p
  • Noodle797
    Options
    This is definitely the best way to start my day, interacting with you ladies. It helps me keep my head in the game & everyone is so positive even when maybe they didn't hit their goal or maybe they aren't having the best day. I really look forward to logging on here every morning. ! <3
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    I feel the same way you do Noodle, it is an awesome way to start the day.