Every day chats!

Options

Replies

• MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I hope you all are having a great weekend! Jan is over and we're rocking on to Feb!

Woohooo B)
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Karen~ It sounds to me like you and Stacey have put a lot of thought into making your gathering a healthier choice kinda thing! KUDOS to you both! That my friend is a TOUCHDOWN victory! Every change you make for a good change is a VICTORY toward a new healthier you!!! I also LOVE to make things festive for the occasion! We have snack platter shaped like footballs and of course Patriots decor! Although I do NOT love the snow...I am a New Englander heart and soul! I have both the ocean and mountains within an hour of where I live! My hubby and I took up mountain climbing last year and LOVE it when we reach the top and have the most magnificent views! The feeling of accomplishment is amazing!!! I lived in Indianapolis In for 8 yrs an HATED it! I am NOT a city girl at all!!! Give me my small town where everybody knows everybody any day! My Mon has lived in her house for over 30 yrs and until last year, never locked her doors. We actually had to go buy new locks because she didn't even know where the keys were to her doors.

Megan~ LOL I don't like tomatoes either! I have recently started forcing myself to eat small amounts...hidden in sandwiches or recipes just to get into a healthier lifestyle.

MdwstQT~ Hi! Hope you are ROCKIN into Feb happy & healthy!

Have a FAB_U_LOSS weekend my friends!!!!
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Boy oh boy, I missed a lot of action on her the past 2 days! I got killed at work yesterday & today Frank & I spent the whole day running errands, shopping, & cooking for the week. Then we went for a swim this evening & I finally have time to sit down!

Welcome to Karen! This is a great group of ladies. I'm so glad I found them, they're super supportive. I was definitely a binge eater. I'm still struggling with it. Right now I'm reading Brain Over Binge. It's pretty interesting so far. The best advice I can give is what I've learned to do. Don't laugh. Before I eat something outside of my planned meals & snacks I ask myself out loud if I'm actually hungry or if I'm eating because I'm sad or bored or stressed or whatever. I had to remove some temptations entirely. I carpool to & from work so I won't go to the drive thru. I plan all my meals out for the week, cook & pack them into containers & put them in the freezer. I don't keep extra food in the house & I don't carry extra cash on me so I can't hit the vending machines at work. I'm basically trading myself like an alcoholic trying to dry out. It's not easy & I'm not perfect but I'm doing a lot better

Cindy: I'm rooting for the Pats this weekend because Seattle beat my beloved Packers. So go Pats. I have all the allergies you mentioned and I'm allergic to horses, I actually break out in hives when I touch them. I lived most of my childhood in the country & I'm definitely a city girl. This past summer when I was up north for my family reunion I had horrific hay fever all weekend. I literally had to pull over on the side of the road to have a sneezing fit! I'm safer when there's less nature around. lol!

Megan: I'm with you on the tomatoes. I can tolerate them cooked but raw, blech! I literally gag on them. It's the slimy factor. I've tried them a billion times and I just can't do it!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Noodle I was a very picky eater as a kid .... I am still a picky eater but not as bad as I was as a kid .....I only like mccormick thick and zesty spaghetti sauce (packet) When I would order pizza it was either pesto sauce or garlic alfredo ....most of my veggies I like raw not cooked ( I know I am weird) ...there is a lot more I don't like but I wont bore you with that LOL
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Noodle~ What do you take for your allergies? I had a horrible time for the 1st 2 yrs I started with them. I was actually hospitalized twice. They had to keep trying new meds...they finally prescribed cingulair for me and it is a LIFESAVER! I have not had any major flair ups since and it has been 2 yrs now! I take it all year round at bed time and in the spring and fall I add a 24 hr over the counter allergy med to my mornings and so far so good!!! The only issues I have had is if I forget to take it...one good asthma attack and that doesn't happen anymore!

Megan~ I am a wicked picky eater too! Always have been. It was the slime factor for me as well with tomatoes but I have been using plumb tomatoes and they don't have much slime. I hate all the things most people like...peppers, onions, mushrooms...UGH YUCK!!! But I love things most people hate...spinach ( fresh or cooked), brussel sprouts, asparagus, liver...I do prefer my vegetables raw as opposed to cooked too!

zlric1n8qhf5.jpg
  • ms_smartypants
    Options
    Eww to bell peppers ..but I love jalapeno and banana peppers ...ewwww to onions If I detect there is onion in a dish I will not eat it ....I like mushrooms as long as they are stufffed or cooked in garlic butter ....love spinach as long as it is raw (love my salads) ewwww to brussel sprouts , asparagus and liver ....I use to hate fish of any kind but I love shrimp and salmon everything else in the fish dept grosssssssssss...If any of you love salmon you must try the teriyaki recipe that is on allrecipes.com YUMMM
  • Femmigirlz
    Femmigirlz Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Noodle hi. I've had that book Brain over Binge recommended to me a few times now. I'm going to have to get it.

Sounds like you have figured out a good game plan to prevent a binge. I feel just like an alcoholic on auto pilot when I binge. It feels impossible to get out of it as I'm numbing out and not really present. I've been practicing mindful eating and meditation help.

• Femmigirlz
    Options
    WEIGH in Sunday for me. I lost 11 lbs. yeah me. I know the first loss is a lot of water and I may not see this weekly but I'm still very proud of my efforts. Still 166 lbs to go.
    One pound 166 times. One pound at a time.

• ms_smartypants
    Options
    That is awesome Karen ........What helps me is instead of looking at how much I have to lose altogether ...I break it up in smaller increments that way its not so overwhelming
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    Oops Read wrong. I lost 7 lbs. still very happy.
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    All right Karen!!!!! Way to go!!! I hope you and Stacy have a nice gathering today.

To everyone watching the Super bowl today, have fun and I hope you team wins!
  • Femmigirlz
    edited February 2015
    Options
    :D Thanks Liz :) I hope you have a great day too. I have lots of food prepared but there is a calorie list right next to it all because everyone coming over is watching their calories.
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Karen~ WOO HOO KUDOS to you!!! Your efforts are paying off!!! I hope you and Stacey have a GREAT Super Bowl party and you should be very proud of all the mindful planning that you put in!!!

Megan~ LOL I ate a piece of pizza once that had this little tiny piece of onion in the sauce and I found it and spit it out!!! My husband was like SERIOUSLY??? How the hell did you even notice that?? I just HATE them! Weird thing though...I like onion ring....but I only pick the batter off...I don't eat the onion.

Liz~ Go Pats LOL!!! Will be watching the game with my water in hand!!!
  • ms_smartypants
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Cindy the only onion rings I like is burger kings because they don't taste like onions ..to me they just taste like the deep fried batter ....of course I have not had any in a lonnnnnnnnnng time ....I am afraid my tummy won't be happy if I have anything deep fried since its been so long
  • Noodle797
    Options
    Cindy: I take Zyrtec every day. I have been on just about every allergy med on the market at some point in my life. I also have allergy induced asthma & it stinks because i can't even visit the animal barns at the state fair. :(

Kathy: There are all kinds of studies out there that say binge eating is an addiction. I see a lot of the same habits in myself when I'm binging that I saw in my dad when he was drinking. Great loss, btw!

Megan: lol, was the pickiest eater as a kid too. I've grown out of a lot of it, I used to hate onions & now I love them, same to most vegetables. The only ones I liked as a kid was canned corn & green beans. Now I like almost all veggies. I looove brussels sprouts. I can only eat them on a Friday though, because otherwise my office would hate me! They're toot-tastic! :p

• ms_smartypants
    Options
    I wish I wasn't so picky I just can't stand a lot of things :(
  • Noodle797
    Options
    Eh, you can still make great things with the things you do love, Megan, just sub things you like in recipes. I detest mustard & I'm allergic to mayo, you'd be surprised how many recipes call for those ingredients. I just found other things to use instead like yogurt for the mayo & i either skip the mustard all together or do a spicy version. Because i hate tomatoes so much i sub cucumbers on my sub sandwiches
  • ms_smartypants
    Options
    Yes I do a lot of improvising when it comes to cooking ...I love alpha sprouts and cucumbers and wholley gaucamole (since my tummy aches when eating avacado ) and banana peppers on a turkey sammich yummy :)
  • MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Congrats Karen!

Here's to a great week!
  • ms_smartypants
    Options
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a game :D:D:D:D