June check in and chat:June-o mess with these chicks

Options

Replies

• lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    dafoots those are some brilliant numbers! I have found 3x5 to be freeing and less frustrating especially as my rests had lengthened to 3 minutes between sets.. deloading this week I'm flying through!
  • Sugar_Junkie
    Sugar_Junkie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Rocked a 95 lb row last night!!!!! But i had to wait on a machine and I suffered on my bench press as I did some workouts between my squats and presses. I still did all 5 sets 85 75 65 65 65.

All NSV for me I can now curl 20 lb dumbbells. Before Stronglifts I felt like 15 was too much, but i can now rock that 20 lb no problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:noway: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Been so busy this month with graduation and out of town family and whatnot, that I am just getting caught up today.

Hi and welcome to the new folks!

Hi and "DAYUM, those numbers!" to the not-new folks. (I hesitate to use the word "old" LOL)

To catch up, here's were I sit/stand/squat on my lifts:

Squat - 110#
    Bench - 75#
    Row - 85#
    OHP - 60#
    Deads - 140# (I was so stoked to put the big girl weights on the bar last week at 130! :laugh: )

Hopefully now that everything has settled down, I will be around a little more regularly. :drinker:
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Bench day in the morning today as I'm still a bit sore from Sunday's afternoon Squat/OHP workout and I do need my 48 hours + recovery these days.

Bench: still at 20kg/45# bar + supersetting with pushups. I switched these to be full rather than knee-push-ups today using a Reebok step for my hands, and man those are hard! Back to 22.5kg/50# next time.

Did all sets of assisted pull-ups at 35kg/77# - ready to decrease the assistance again next week.

DB shoulder presses were back to 6kg/13# after last week's unintentional 7.5kg/16.5# (because the 6kgs were missing - doh). Easy peasy. Back up next week.

Pendlay rows repeat 3x8 and 25kg/55# and it was easy. Should have gone up.

Then I walked. Lots.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    We have a small weight bench at our house, we can do everything but deadlifts, on sessionB (with deadlifts) we go to my dad,s home gym so we can do deadlifts.
    It is a busy week and I have been super headachy, so I decided to just skip deadlifts this week s I can sat home t lifts (this week is a two Deadlift schedule)

DL are my best and I am pretty ahead on them, I guess, compared to other lifts, so a week off won,t hurt my DL and should help my migraines and fatigue syndrome.
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    dafoots those are some brilliant numbers! I have found 3x5 to be freeing and less frustrating especially as my rests had lengthened to 3 minutes between sets.. deloading this week I'm flying through!
    Thanks, Lwoodruff. I am heading that way. The deload sounds good to me.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    A heavy lifting day for me. Squats and Bench with accessory work for back/chest and tricep/bicep.

Front Squats 3x5 @ 95 - Totally different beast from low back squats. These will progress slower as I basically have to learn a new form and center of balance.

Bench 3x5 @ 95

Then I did 2 sets of 15 inverted rows/15 decline pushups. I did one set of 10 dips and managed 3 pull ups before deciding that my arms were done for the day.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    B day for this kid.

Squats at 135lbs 3x5
    OHP at 60lbs 3x5
    Deadlift at 165lb 1x5

OHP was rushed today as there was someone waiting for the rack and it made me anxious. He didn't even try to do anything else, just sat there. I only took a minute between sets and I still got the bar up. So woo hoo. I did some sumo deadlifts again today. I was absolutely wrecked when I was done and I have a blister and a half from the bar slipping due to my sweaty hands. My gym doesn't allow chalk, so I'm looking into alternatives.
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I've been putting ice cream on my back all day. Definitely feels better.

;)

That's awesome. I needed that chuckle. : ) I was super sick yesterday and missed my workout. I figured that was better than spreading cooties around my gym. Anyway, going to try to get back to it tomorrow. Here's hoping I'm not puny.
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    Failure day.
    Been fighting headaches all week
    Started with 2 sets of warm up squats. Could barely finish them. My arms ached and were like jello.
    I could not get anything else done.
    Sigh.
  • inkysmurf
    inkysmurf Posts: 168
    Options
    hello!

super excited just got a squat rack & a weight bench from gumtree - nothing fancy, fancy - but solid (and already built)

Looking forward to actually doing a bench press rather than a floor one!

Workout a this morning
    Squats 5x5@ 17.5kg
    Overhead press 5x5 @ 10kg
    Deadlift 5x5 @ 17.5kg
    planks 2x 35 1 x 45 secs
    3 x chins up
    30 x kettle bell swings with a 20 kg
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    3foldchord, hope you feel better soon...

I flew through deloaded weights although they didn't feel "easy", in 45 minutes, now for brunch with the huz, hair cut, massage and pedicure! Oh and I got back from the gym to find him baking a huge chocolate birthday cake :-)

I need to get my food under control though, I've just hit 180lbs which is not acceptable!
  • Coquette6
    Coquette6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    lwoodroff, your day sounds divine! Enjoy every minute (and bite!).
    5th Workout B today.

Squat - 80lbs - Still stuck here, but getting all five reps now.
    Overhead press - 50lbs - Still stuck here. I tried to go for 55lbs, but my arms didn't share my ambition and only got 2 sets of 4 at 55.
    Deadlift - 100lbs - Felt good, will go up next time.

But you are still improving if you are able to hit more reps today than the last time you did it! It may not feel like progress, but it is!

Oh I know, didn't mean to sound down on myself! I'm definitely pleased with myself. I had been doing HIIT on my in-between days, but I just wasn't finding myself enjoying it. I went back to C25K yesterday, because I prefer distance running. I've done C25k before, but it's been awhile, so starting at the beginning.

Workout A this morning
    Squats - 80lbs x 6 (prepping to go up next time)
    Bench - 65lbs x 5
    Row - 65lbs x 5
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    3foldchord, hope you feel better soon...

I flew through deloaded weights although they didn't feel "easy", in 45 minutes, now for brunch with the huz, hair cut, massage and pedicure! Oh and I got back from the gym to find him baking a huge chocolate birthday cake :-)

I need to get my food under control though, I've just hit 180lbs which is not acceptable!
    "Better" is relative. My wish is for 3 weeks better this time before 'worse' comes back again.

I will have a deload week next week.

My son is always cooking and baking and messing up my eating.. You can't say no to your 16 yr old who wants to be a chef, hat,d not be a supportive mom...LOL
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    This morning -Slight deload -
    Squats 5x5 @135 - trying to get lowwwww
    Bench - 3x5 @100 - working on holding a slight pause at the low point
    Row - 3x5 @105 - I need to warm up for rows. They never feel good until the third set.
    Glute bridges and Good mornings - 2x10 @80. Well, the 2nd set of good mornings was more like 8 or 9 reps.

Yesterday was pouring all day, plus I was miserable with a head cold so no trail running. I didn't even log food because I literally ate toast and cookies all day. I feel much better today, although I still have a stuffy/draining nose.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Went for a jog last night after swimming earlier. I have a 5K on the 22nd and figured I'd probably best get back on the road. Hit the pool again after the run.

Tonight is "A" night (YAY! Lift day!) with another swim after.

Scale and tape have both started moving again and I am feeling pretty good about that. It's nice to see that a couple more pounds will take me out of "overweight" and into "normal" BMI range, that my body fat percentage is within a healthy range, though I want it to be close to 20%

What happens when you hit goal? Just eat TDEE and lift on? I can't believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel and there is no train attached to it, LOL...
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    What happens when you hit goal? Just eat TDEE and lift on? I can't believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel and there is no train attached to it, LOL...

Eat TDEE and lift on is about what I do at maintenance. After I hit goal I know I went up a few pounds, but I'm pretty content where I am. If I find that I've been eating over a bit and not happy with my weight, I drop down a little in calories and then try to get the extra few lbs off. I am at a point where I know I can maintain and be happy with where I'm at. I find that as long as I still log my food, I do better at keeping it reasonable and can get a loss when I feel the need and maintain when I want.

ETA: OH....and Congrats on being close to the end!!!
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    B day. I didn't up anything as I'm still a little weak from being sick but I did make some progress on my OHP, so I'll take it!

squat 55 5x5
    ohp 45 55545 Huge victory for me!
    dl 95 1x5

I hope you all have a great day!
  • kirabob
    kirabob Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Oh boy do I miss you ladies and all your amazingness!

I sneaked out to the local Y this morning and did a deload workout with all 5 lifts rolled in because it may be the only chance I get this week. It felt so very, very good and really helped purge some of the yickiness of this week (dealing with a death in the family).

Squats 3x5 135
    OHP 3x5 55
    Bench 3x5 60
    Rows 3x5 95
    Deadlifts 2x5 135
    3x10 straight leg raises in the roman chair

I mostly took a 60% deload, except for on squats and rows - they are my favorite lifts, and I wanted enough weight on the bar to enjoy the movement.

Okay, back to family stuff. Keep lifting!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I havne't lifted in a while now so I have nothing to share. There may be a deadlift gif in my future though. we'll see.