February Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• serrazee
    serrazee Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Sarah: 1
    The Binge: 0

First day on this challenge a success! I feel like posting on here is a real help, just having a little mini goal to post positively here certainly helps!
  • serrazee
    Options
    ryanhorn wrote: »

Another close call last night. I feel like I'm going to end up caving one of these times :/

Be strong! Don't give permission to The Binge! You can do it! :)
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Me: 10
    Binge: 2
  • Dennis4766
    Dennis4766 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Posted: 02.13.15

Dennis - 11
    Binge Beast - 1

• Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Ashley: 10
    The Binge: 2

• gr33nslime
    gr33nslime Posts: 192 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ryanhorn

- yup - know what you mean. its almost like one only have a finite supply of willpower... and you use it to fight the binge, and then you just run out....and the binge wins the round... But keep strong! 12 days is such a fantastic run - its almost 2 weeks!

13 Feb 2015

Karla 11
    The Binge 2
    Days Binge Free 0

Started this day with really good intentions to not let this roll continue, but they went to crap. I even had a partner in crime for this binge - my husband - why did that make it seem okay at the time?
  • Pudding1980
    Options
    Me: 11
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    since 2/11

me - 3
    binge - 0
  • Balaga8611
    Balaga8611 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Fell apart yesterday afternoon, and gave in to the Beast. I am determined to pull myself together, and get back on track today.

Me: 9
    Binge: 4
    Days Binge-free: 0
  • kadizia
    kadizia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    me - 3
    - binge - 0
    - days binge free - 3
    I definitely overate yesterday but didn't binge. Do you guys find that it's hard sometimes to tell the difference? I went over my calories for today (but only by 500, so I basically maintained today) but I went to a social lunch thing and then had a pizza night with my fiance. I basically ate one slice of pizza and two little party sliders more than I'd planned to, but they were really good! And I didn't just wolf them down without tasting them. However it was really hard to stop myself from eating a pound of trail mix after eating that extra pizza slice...but I did it!
  • Dennis4766
    Options
    Posted: 02.14.15

Dennis - 12
    Binge Beast - 1

• serrazee
    Options
    Sarah: 1
    The Binge: 1

Grr, just started, and that is so frustrating, especially when I know not to do it!
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    February 13, 2015

Ryan: 13
    The Binge: 0
    Days Binge Free: 13
  • ryanhorn
    Options
    kadizia wrote: »
    me - 3
    - binge - 0
    - days binge free - 3
    I definitely overate yesterday but didn't binge. Do you guys find that it's hard sometimes to tell the difference? I went over my calories for today (but only by 500, so I basically maintained today) but I went to a social lunch thing and then had a pizza night with my fiance. I basically ate one slice of pizza and two little party sliders more than I'd planned to, but they were really good! And I didn't just wolf them down without tasting them. However it was really hard to stop myself from eating a pound of trail mix after eating that extra pizza slice...but I did it!

I think what's considered a binge really depends on the individual person and their own situation.

For me at least, I don't think of binges in terms of a number of calories but rather a binge for me is when I find myself eating without a feeling of control, eating extremely quickly, and feeling strong guilt after eating an excessive amount. Often times, I'll go into hiding for the rest of the day after a binge and will just want to be left alone. Sometimes I find myself eating 4,000+ calories, but maybe I was celebrating and I felt fully in control of the situation and thus I don't consider it a binge. I'm not sure if that made any sense at all, but I hope it helps!
  • gr33nslime
    gr33nslime Posts: 192 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Makes perfect sense ryanhorn.

14 Feb 2015

Karla 12
    The Binge 2
    Days Binge Free 1
  • Pudding1980
    Options
    me - 3
    - binge - 0
    - days binge free - 3

I think what's considered a binge really depends on the individual person and their own situation.

For me at least, I don't think of binges in terms of a number of calories but rather a binge for me is when I find myself eating without a feeling of control, eating extremely quickly, and feeling strong guilt after eating an excessive amount. Often times, I'll go into hiding for the rest of the day after a binge and will just want to be left alone. Sometimes I find myself eating 4,000+ calories, but maybe I was celebrating and I felt fully in control of the situation and thus I don't consider it a binge. I'm not sure if that made any sense at all, but I hope it helps!

I totally agree. For me it is much more about the feelings and emotions before, during, and after eating, than about how much or what I ate.
  • Pudding1980
    Options
    Me: 12
  • ryanhorn
    Options
    February 12, 2015

Ryan: 11
    The Binge: 1
    Days Binge Free: 0

Went out with some friends and got a little drunk. Had that feeling of "Oh I've already screwed up my diet with beer. What difference will some more food make?" I'm feeling terrible right now. :(
  • kadizia
    kadizia Posts: 208 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

I definitely overate yesterday but didn't binge. Do you guys find that it's hard sometimes to tell the difference? I went over my calories for today (but only by 500, so I basically maintained today) but I went to a social lunch thing and then had a pizza night with my fiance. I basically ate one slice of pizza and two little party sliders more than I'd planned to, but they were really good! And I didn't just wolf them down without tasting them. However it was really hard to stop myself from eating a pound of trail mix after eating that extra pizza slice...but I did it![/quote]

For me at least, I don't think of binges in terms of a number of calories but rather a binge for me is when I find myself eating without a feeling of control, eating extremely quickly, and feeling strong guilt after eating an excessive amount. Often times, I'll go into hiding for the rest of the day after a binge and will just want to be left alone. Sometimes I find myself eating 4,000+ calories, but maybe I was celebrating and I felt fully in control of the situation and thus I don't consider it a binge. I'm not sure if that made any sense at all, but I hope it helps![/quote]

I totally agree. For me it is much more about the feelings and emotions before, during, and after eating, than about how much or what I ate.
    [/quote]

I see what you mean. There is usually some kind of moment if I've just overeaten at a party where I'm just kind of like EFF IT and then it becomes a binge, but sometimes it's not so clear! anyways I didn't even feel an urge to binge yesterday which is awesome!
    me - 3
    the binge - 0
    days binge free - 4
    me - 3
    - binge - 0
    - days binge free - 3
  • Dennis4766
    Options
    Posted: 02.15.15