• zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,434 Member
    February-85
    2/1-Just Walk-4 Mile Power Walk-=4 miles
    2/3-Vivofit tracked-3 miles=7 miles total
    2/4-Just Walk-Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan-5 miles=12 miles total
    2/5-WAH-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=16 miles total

Alex-looks like I get maximum benefits this week! Woo Hoo! :+1:

Ireutner-think of it as your thighs getting THINNER! For some reason, they do not hurt as much then! :laugh:

Thanks Mary and Ann for the support! It is nice to be the smaller me again. :heart:

Walk Strong Everyone :bigsmile:

27715887.png
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    20.5/85 I was able to get outside this afternoon and get some fresh air. It was a bit tricky with the cold and ice but I managed 3.5 miles. Woot that felt good!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,658 Member
    edited February 2015
    Thursday (February 5th) 4 miles of Walk It Off & Tone It Up using the firm band.

4 DVD miles.

0 outdoor minutes.

0 mini walks from Walk Blaster DVD.

0 minutes "other" kinds of exercise.

February goal: at least 2-3 miles or 30-45 minutes 5-6 days a week.

So far: 12 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 0 outdoor minutes (in the neighborhood or in a park)

So far: 0 mini walks from Walk Blasters DVD

So far: 0 minutes "other" kinds of exercise

:flowerforyou:
  • 64/76 (2189)
    I'm at the Deep Gap Shelter. 12 miles to the North Carolina border, which I plan to hike in two days. Feel very tired, no energy for doing much other things. Today I listened to
    AWOL on the Appalachian Trail, by David Miller.

Excerpt: I leave the AT to take the path down to the hut. The trail is steep and rocky. Although it is only a mile long, it takes me forty minutes to traverse. Greenleaf Hut is on a flat shelf of land on the shoulder of the mountain. Beyond the hut, the mountain falls off steeply to Franconia Notch. From where I stand, I cannot see down into the notch, but I can see across the gap to Cannon Mountain.
  • zichab wrote: »
    Alex-looks like I get maximum benefits this week! Woo Hoo!

You sure do :D zichab, 16 miles, great
  • zichab
    February-85
    -Vivofit tracked-2.9 miles=18.9 miles total
    2/6-WAH-5 Day Slim Down :noway:-5 miles=23.9 miles total

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:

27715887.png
  • AnnofB, texasgardnr, PinkyPan1, zichab, ireutner, drbcru, alip253, you are doing fine. You just need 2.5 miles per day for maximum health. Anything above that will only marginally add to your overall health. In fact so little that it's hard to detect with scientific studies.
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    edited February 2015
    70/76 (2189)
    Only 6 miles today. I plan to reach North Carolina border tomorrow which is 6 miles up the trail. Today I listened to
    Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance, by Robert Pirsig

Excerpt: It was some years ago that my wife and I and our friends first began to catch on to these roads. We took them once in a while for variety or for a shortcut to another main highway, and each time the scenery was grand and we left the road with a feeling of relaxation and enjoyment. We did this time after time before realizing what should have been obvious: these roads are truly different from the main ones. The whole pace of life and personality of the people who live along them are different. They’re not going anywhere. They’re not too busy to be courteous. The hereness and nowness of things is something they know all about. It’s the others, the ones who moved to the cities years ago and their lost offspring, who have all but forgotten it. The discovery was a real find.
    I’ve wondered why it took us so long to catch on. We saw it and yet we didn’t see it. Or rather we were trained not to see it. Conned, perhaps, into thinking that the real action was metropolitan and all this was just boring hinterland. It was a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I’m looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    14/56
  • AnnofB
    edited February 2015
    lidenalex wrote: »
    AnnofB, texasgardnr, PinkyPan1, zichab, ireutner, drbcru, alip253, you are doing fine. You just need 2.5 miles per day for maximum health. Anything above that will only marginally add to your overall health. In fact so little that it's hard to detect with scientific studies.

I found an article on thedailymail that said 2.5 hours of walking each week will extend your life by 7 years.
  • PinkyPan1
    26/85 I was able to get to the park and power walk and additional 5.5 miles today. I have had my grandson for the past 3 days so I am losing some miles. I will have to make them up next week.
  • texasgardnr
    Saturday (February 7th) 30 minutes with Debbie Rocker. (A.M. and P.M. Walking) .

0 DVD miles.

0 outdoor minutes.

0 mini walks from Walk Blaster DVD.

30 minutes other DVDs or exercise :heart:

February goal: at least 2-3 miles or 30-45 minutes 5-6 days a week.

So far: 12 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 0 outdoor minutes (in the neighborhood or in a park)

So far: 0 mini walks from Walk Blasters DVD

So far: 30 minutes other DVDs or exercise

• texasgardnr
    edited February 2015
    AnnofB, texasgardnr, PinkyPan1, zichab, ireutner, drbcru, alip253, you are doing fine. You just need 2.5 miles per day for maximum health. Anything above that will only marginally add to your overall health. In fact so little that it's hard to detect with scientific studies.
    That is good to know, and encouraging on those days where it feels hard to want to walk or exercise. Thanks Alex.

You are sure getting close to the North Carolina border!! Go you.

AnnofB wrote: »
    I found an article on thedailymail that said 2.5 hours of walking each week will extend your life by 7 years.

I just did some searches about exercise/walking and extending life span/ life expectancy. There are a number of studies and articles with good reports about the benefits of regular exercise or walking! Looks like our group should be hanging out here for quite a while :drinker:

• zichab
    February-85
    2/5-Vivofit tracked-2.9 miles=18.9 miles total
    2/6-WAH-5 Day Slim Down -5 miles=23.9 miles total
    2/6-Vivofit Tracked miles-2.6-26.5 miles total
    2/7-WAH-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=30.5 miles total

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:

27715887.png
  • zichab

Woo Hoo! I am getting maximum health and the rest of these miles better get these last 5 pounds to run for the hills!!!! They seem less scared than the other 100! :laugh: Thanks for finding that Alex!
  • lreutner
    lreutner Posts: 64 Member
    edited February 2015

Thank you for the encouragement.
    zichab, I will think of my thighs as cheering me on because they are getting thinner :p
    I'm at 11/40 for the week with 2 session of Firm 30.
    It was even nice enough to walk the dog this week!
  • 76/76 (2189)
    6 miles today, huzzah, I am at the North Carolina border. The trail in North Carolina is 96 miles. It is a challenge to pass it by the end of this month.

Today I listened to

Excerpt: And now he began to see for the first time the unbelievable magnitude of what man, when he gained power to understand and rule the world in terms of dialectic truths, had lost. He had built empires of scientific capability to manipulate the phenomena of nature into enormous manifestations of his own dreams of power and wealth...but for this he had exchanged an empire of understanding of equal magnitude: an understanding of what it is to be a part of the world, and not an enemy of it.
  • PinkyPan1
    30.5/85 . I complete 4.5 more miles at the park today. I am hurting so I will play tomorrow by ear. My back is not handling the return of power walking outdoors nor are my shins. I tried to pace myself but my legs just take over.

Thank you Alex for your posts. They are very interesting and I look forward to reading your excerpts! Walk strong all!
  • AnnofB
    76/76 (2189)
    6 miles today, huzzah, I am at the North Carolina border. The trail in North Carolina is 96 miles. It is a challenge to pass it by the end of this month.

Today I listened to

Excerpt: And now he began to see for the first time the unbelievable magnitude of what man, when he gained power to understand and rule the world in terms of dialectic truths, had lost. He had built empires of scientific capability to manipulate the phenomena of nature into enormous manifestations of his own dreams of power and wealth...but for this he had exchanged an empire of understanding of equal magnitude: an understanding of what it is to be a part of the world, and not an enemy of it.

Wow! 76 miles done!!!!

PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    30.5/85 . I complete 4.5 more miles at the park today. I am hurting so I will play tomorrow by ear. My back is not handling the return of power walking outdoors nor are my shins. I tried to pace myself but my legs just take over.

Backs always over rule shins... lol ! Take care and don't let those legs take over again :D

• AnnofB
    15/56

Walk, walk, WALK!!