• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Alex, 90 miles in 10 days! :D Wow!
  • AnnofB
    21/56
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Carrie, welcome! you have taken the first step in committing here. I started at 285 lbs February 24 2014. I have lost 105lbs in less then a year and kept it off. I have 45 more lbs to go but it is taking me a while because I haven't been as committed to counting my calories. I am still getting in my exercise which has helped me not gain but I really need to count my calories again. Do not give up your favorite foods, you will not last. This is not a diet, its a lifestyle change. Exercise plays a huge part in losing weight but you need to count calories as well. Don't eat back more then 1/2 of your exercise calories if at all. Get into a good support group (like this one) and be honest with yourself. Understand that you will have days when you throw it away like holidays and weddings, but know it happens and you get back on the next day. Lifestyle change..don't forget. You can do this!

update...

February 3-10

21 with Leslie
    28 Miles with Leslie to date

27 outdoor miles
    32 outside miles total

60 miles total / goal 150

Have been doing a lot of different walks with Leslie. I bought a bunch of her dvds and have been mixing it up depending on how much time I have before work. A lot of them have boosts and been loving it! my favorite lately is the 10 mini walks, she works every part of your body!

Happy Walking!!!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    lidenalex wrote: »
    90/172 (2189)
    7 miles today also; 90 miles in 10 days. Well I have 82 miles left in N Carolina. Today I listened to
    Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance, by Robert Pirsig

Excerpt: He never reached the mountain. After the third day he gave up, exhausted, and the pilgrimage went on without him. He said he had the physical strength but that physical strength wasn’t enough. He had the intellectual motivation but that wasn’t enough either. He didn’t think he had been arrogant but thought that he was undertaking the pilgrimage to broaden his experience, to gain understanding for himself. He was trying to use the mountain for his own purposes and the pilgrimage too. He regarded himself as the fixed entity, not the pilgrimage or the mountain, and thus wasn’t ready for it. He speculated that the other pilgrims, the ones who reached the mountain, probably sensed the holiness of the mountain so intensely that each footstep was an act of devotion, an act of submission to this holiness. The holiness of the mountain infused into their own spirits enabled them to endure far more than anything he, with his greater physical strength, could take.
    WOW Alex! Amazing and inspiring! Walk on my friend...walk on.!
  • PinkyPan1
    44.5/85 Walk Away The Pounds combo of 5 miles this morning.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,437 Member
    February-85
    2/1-Just Walk-4 Mile Power Walk-=4 miles
    2/3-Vivofit tracked-3 miles=7 miles total
    2/4-Just Walk-Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan-5 miles=12 miles total
    2/5-WAH-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=16 miles total
    2/5-Vivofit tracked-2.9 miles=18.9 miles total
    2/6-WAH-5 Day Slim Down -5 miles=23.9 miles total
    2/6-Vivofit Tracked miles-2.6-26.5 miles total
    2/7-WAH-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=30.5 miles total
    2/7-Vivofit tracked 1.8 miles-32.3 total miles
    2/8-WAH -5 Fat Burning Miles=37.3 miles total
    2/8-Vivofi Tracked 1 mile=38.73
    2/9-Vivofit Tracked-1.6 miles-40.33 miles total
    2/10-Vivofit Tracked-3.2 miles-43.53 miles total

UGH-thank goodness I am a walk around the room professor or I would have no miles at all! :laugh: Online classes mean too much time on computer this week! :disappointed:

Walk Strong for me Everyone! :bigsmile:
    27715887.png
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member

February 11

7 with Leslie
    35 Miles with Leslie to date

1 outdoor miles
    33 outside miles total

68 miles total / goal 150

Happy Walking!
  • AnnofB
    25/56
  • zichab
    February-85
    2/8-Vivofi Tracked 1 mile=38.73
    2/12-Vivofit Tracked-3.3 miles=46.83 miles total

Walk Strong Everyone!

27715887.png
  • PinkyPan1
    47.5/85 I completed 3 Miles American Heart Association Walk.
  • AnnofB
    27/56
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Well I have to say I did the 3 mile dance DVD again and I'm getting better at it. I'm thinking I am going to try to at least walk 1 mile every day what's 15 min Leslie.
  • PinkyPan1
    50.5/85 I completed 3 Miles With The Bandi this morning.
  • zichab
    edited February 2015
    February-85
    2/8-Vivofit Tracked 1 mile=38.73
    2/12-Vivofit Tracked-3.3 miles=46.83 miles total
    2/13-Just Walk-Mix & Match Walk Blasters-40 minutes-included in Vivofit Tracked-5.4 miles total for day-62.23 total miles

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:

27715887.png
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,658 Member
    edited February 2015
    As you all might have seen I am new to this group well today I did my new DVD walk to part music I was going to stop at the 2 mile point this was kicking my butt, lol. I actually took the DVD out and walk around a little to cool down put the DVD back into so it would reset to the beginning but it pick up right were I left off so I continued and made it through the 3 mile dance/walk. Leslie is great it is fun and it does go by quick. I need that push I never push my self. I am pleased with myself. Lol. Hope I don't break my arm patting my shoulder. Haha.
    2/10/15 3 mile walk/dance to party hits

bgoddess, glad that you came on over to the February Walk Challenge. Several of us have been talking to you on the January challenge thread recently :smile: .

You are doing well with your determination to get healthy. Just keep paying attention to how your knees and back are doing as you continue to exercise/walk.
    Also make sure that you take rest day(s) every week. This is important for your muscles to have time to repair and get stronger.

You are rocking your way back to health!!

:flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,658 Member
    Tuesday (February 10th) 40 minutes walking in the park.
    Wednesday (February 11) 60 minutes walking in the park and 15 in neighborhood.
    Thursday (February 12) 40 minutes with dog in the park.
    Friday (February 13) rest day.
    Saturday (February 14 :heart: ) 75 minutes in the park.

0 DVD miles.

75 outdoor minutes :heart:.

0 mini walks from Walk Blaster DVD.

0 minutes other DVDs or exercise

February goal: at least 2-3 miles or 30-45 minutes 5-6 days a week.

So far: 12 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 290 outdoor minutes (in the neighborhood or in a park)

So far: 0 mini walks from Walk Blasters DVD

So far: 30 minutes other DVDs or exercise

I've been sick with bronchitis for well over a week. The coughing kicked me to the curb so I didn't have energy to do an energetic Leslie walk so I took easier walks in the park. We had temps in mid 70s and on into the 80s some days. It felt good to get out and about.

Everyone is walking strong and rocking those miles and minutes. Alex you will be out of N Carolina this month for sure! How awesome is that (*)

:flowerforyou:
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Thank you Texasgardnr. I have to say I feel great this is probably one of the best things I ever could have done for myself. If it wasn't for me joining MFP and reading and conversing with others I never would have know about these videos. I have to tell you that I was involved in an accident a few years ago leaving me some serious injury I broke my femur which isn't the problem it's the muscle which is so weak, I also carry a lot of fluid in that leg and my knee has been inflamed ever since the accident, now since doing these videos I have noticed myself that I go up the stairs better, my knee is not as swollen I don't think my physical therapy helped as much as this, or maybe I just ,moving enough before which I'm sure is the case. I am happy to be a part of this group. Just walking on that road to recovery.

I did my dance video today and I am going to order another video the 1 to 5 mile video to break things up a little.
  • PinkyPan1
    Thank you Texasgardnr. I have to say I feel great this is probably one of the best things I ever could have done for myself. If it wasn't for me joining MFP and reading and conversing with others I never would have know about these videos. I have to tell you that I was involved in an accident a few years ago leaving me some serious injury I broke my femur which isn't the problem it's the muscle which is so weak, I also carry a lot of fluid in that leg and my knee has been inflamed ever since the accident, now since doing these videos I have noticed myself that I go up the stairs better, my knee is not as swollen I don't think my physical therapy helped as much as this, or maybe I just ,moving enough before which I'm sure is the case. I am happy to be a part of this group. Just walking on that road to recovery.

I did my dance video today and I am going to order another video the 1 to 5 mile video to break things up a little.

I am glad you are on the road of recovery. Finding this group has helped me reach my goals and then some. I am so thankful that I found Leslie Sansone and this group. I have had two back surgeries with titanium fused to my spine with a result of neuropathy in my left foot. As if dealing with that was not enough I had a heart attack last January. I was advised to lose weight and WALK a mile every day. I could hardly walk to the end of my driveway and back before I had to sit down from the pain. Leslie's Sansone saved my life. I have never felt better and I am healthy and strong. This group of wonderful walkers are not only inspiring, and motivational but they are kind and supportive of one another.

Wishing you much success and good health. Walk strong and walk proud!:smile:
  • lreutner
    lreutner Posts: 64 Member
    Being out of town for a few days put me a little behind my goal, but I'll make it work.
    So far this month 18/40 and 3 Firm 30 sessions.
    You all are a wonderful source of inspiration.
  • PinkyPan1
    53.5/85 I complete 3 Fast Miles this afternoon!