Over 50s Ladies - Our Special Needs

Options

Replies

• cdpits
    cdpits Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone !
    @Sk8Kate I am the opposite, I am a morning person and up at 5-6 in the summertime (7 in the winter season LOL) I love the calm and serenity of the early mornings. It's when I plan out my day!
    @Karlottap The hornets are gone !! My son came over for the night and we doused them with a little white gas.Didn't light it, it was toxic enough ! The nest was only a few inches below the surface and I dug it up, it was pretty cool to see !
    Supposed to be very hot here for the next couple of weeks so I am going to do my outside work early while it's still cool out :smiley:

• wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Gosh, May---you and David are....wow...creative, talented, patient, crafty, utterly remarkable! Your work is jaw-droppingly fabulous! Thank you for letting us see what you've been up to lately. For the life of me I can't imagine how you do that. I'm impressed. Wow.

@fortunebc Hello and welcome; you've come to the right place for sure. These ladies are so helpful and encouraging---and fun! It's great that you've begun the WOE to help improve your health. Being over 50 increases the obstacles, so it does take patience and perseverance, but the benefits are certain. Weight loss can be either slow but steady, or it can be slooooow and not so steady. But health definitely improves fairly quickly! :) We're glad to have you here and wish you all the best.

Some of you may have noticed that I'm taking a break from logging. I haven't thrown in the towel--at all--but just eating according to hunger w/o the pressure of watching macros and calories. It feels good. I'm eating a few more carbs when I want them, but not too many. Except the cherries...I had to remove them from my reach. Did you know that a heaping cup of cherries (with pits) goes down really, really easily? That's the worst I've done in almost 6 months though, so I don't feel too bad about it. ;)

Hope you all have a good week and see improvements in your health!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Just, WOW, May & David!
    @fortunebc - are you getting enough protein .5g minimum to 1 max x weight in lbs (id: 130 lbs = 65-130g of protein itself - not protein containing foods). I like water exercise - even walking in waist deep or slightly higher water is very good exercise and you have the support of the water to help keep you from falling. You can always walk along the side of the pool and hold on to the edge. I used water exercise for the first 3/4 of my badly broken (pins and plated) ankle. You can make it as strenuous as you wish, I still do deep water running as it builds power in the core & legs as well as being a good cardio or HIIT workout. All my physio rehab clients spent time in the pool and then added other exercise as they could handle.

re: wasps - wait until evening when they are all back in the nest, then use WD40 with the little straw that fits the nozzle to spray some into the nest - they are TOAST!!

Liana
  • fortunebc
    fortunebc Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    Ellen, I really feel for you having had minimal results. I keep thinking something has to kick in sometime and show a change for you. That pound you lost is so precious and is a well earned victory.

I can't remember if I asked you already if you drink enough water ? I increased my water intake dramatically and had good results.
    jumanajane wrote: »
    I have been doing some in depth reading of studies about the cortisol effects and hormones. Seems using an adaptogen such as Rhodiola is a good idea to help dampen the cortisol and thus help all the symptoms. I'm a few days in to taking it so......watch this space.
    Had a crappy day and eaten too much thanks to blooming suppliers making me eat new fillings which, weirdly, have made me hungry all evening! Even though I had a good dinner! Strange!
    @Kate...agree with you about the AC always pointing in the wrong direction...esp in Fords!
    Sk8Kate wrote: »
    Good evening/morning ladies. It finally rained! Well poured to be exact. Had a heck of a storm. Even some funnels were spotted a few miles away! Power has been out for about 31/2 hrs now. Thank goodness hubby felt generator was a necessity when we moved out here. What plants didn't blow away will be nice & wet now.
    @Jane come visit anytime. Mosquitoes aren't huge, just lots of them. Wow, Kuala Lumpur how exotic. I'm waiting to get something for the wedding for at least another month. (Hopefully new size). Also, bride's mother hasn't picked hers yet, & I've been told it's bad form for me to get mine first.
    @May hope your family weekend was good.
    Just turned my beef bone broth off. When cool I'll strain & put in fridge.
    Hope everyone had a great weekend.
    Hi ladies---just wanted to let you know my procedure went well and I'm home. They weren't able to complete it and do the 'fix' for my heart issues, but they implanted a gadget that will monitor my heart for 2-3 years so they can tell what's going on. So no ICU and overnight was necessary. I'm still woozy, so this will be short. Thank you for your care, prayers and good wishes. <3 I really appreciate them so much. You're the best! <3
    nill4me wrote: »
    Good Morning ladies. I've been reading some of your posts with regard to Ashwaganda and valerian, and Rhodiola.
    All are great for cortisol/stress relief, and valerian specifically for peri-mental-pausal / mental-pausal situations. sorry if that term offends anyone, but sometimes, thats totally what it feels like (to me).

Ashwaganda is can also be used as a supplement in support of an under active thyroid. I've taken it in the past, while trying to regulate my other thyroid meds, and it was very helpful. I keep it on hand, in liquid form, and if I am feeling out of sorts, I'll take a squirt under the tongue. It tastes horrible. I currently take rhodiola rosea, in the morning and the evening, to help with cortisol/stress levels and help with more regular sleep, as I have a tendency to sleep very poorly because I can't shut down my "nugget" at the end of the day. Its been a great addition to my supplement routine, and I seem to have a better overall feeling of calm that I didn't have before - which I figure HAS to be a good thing!

Just wanted to toss in a few cents worth :) I hope you all have a wonderful day!
    May, sweety,lol, please dont be sorry!!! Its funny to see that this is your favourite video to walk to!! I am on the hunt for more now to share my original lovely part of the world. B)<3
    Anyone else got videos of their part of the world to share with us???

So David has that most common of male afflictions......selective hearing!!! :D:D You know what they say...patience is a virtue, catch it if you can. Seldom found in women But never in a man!!!! I reckon our patience comes from repeating ourselves to make sure they actually register it!!! Heheheh.
    Hi everyone, hope you are all doing really well! Its been a while since I have had the opportunity to actually sit down and write on our thread. Been 'forced' to go on a sudden holiday to Kuala Lumpur. Because we have our own business we often just have 48 hours notice of when we can get away and hubs said we could so who am I to argue! :)
    Its taken me ages to read through all the posts but my overwhelming feeling is......what a lovely group of ladies you are! Lol. We are sooo lucky to be together in this! I honestly have never come across a group so supportive and loving!!
    To any of our newbies......welcome and so glad you have joined us!
    @Rebecca, soooo sorry to read about everything you have had to face after everything you have been through this year but.....a fresh start in all ways is such an opportunity. I laughed out loud reading about your sons reaction to the dinner invite! Kids! Lol. So....did you go yet? if not why not?? No time like the present, it may lift you in ways you never imagined!! wink wink. And when you do(if you havent yet)you should know by now we will want details!!!lololol
    I should be a very happy bunny today, my weight is at a new low....for something like 13 years! Hurray but I have been a grump most of the day! Not like me at all but I guess its post-holiday blues especially coming back here to 45C temperatures.
    Yesterday hubby came home and told me he had got me a prezzie....no not jewellry or something to eat but....an exercise bike! The recumbent variety so that I dont hurt my back/knees/prolapse!! It will be delivered in 3 or 4 days. You never know I may have to change my status from sedentary!! I intend placing it under an A/C facing the tv so I dont get bored which is what i usually do! Lolol.
    Just a little observation...I seem to be naturally gravitating towards ZC! I have always been a rampant carnivore and adore butter etc so we shall see although it wont be a deliberate thing. I have to say that while away it was funny to see hubby actually asking for butter to put on his bacon and eggs etc! Never thought I would see that!!!
    We got some time to do the shopping today and he suddenly turned to me and said...'isnt it weird....I have a craving!!! But not for cakes or sweets...I want clotted cream(extra extra thick fattiest cream in case you dont know it) and I just want to sit and eat a tub by itself!!!!!' Lolol. I think its safe to say he's definitely one of us.

Update on granny-to-be.....yes Im still going to be one and Tinka is now 13 weeks, due 16th Dec, but I am STILL not officially in the know. Chris said that they are so scared having gone through so much to get this far that if they announce it its like inviting disaster!! Poor things. I told him to just share it and enjoy it because this being the first it wont happen again and it would be a shame to waste time worrying. He will be here overnight in a couple of weeks and is going to discuss whether I can be 'told' then,lolol.
    Hello all°°°°°°° @wheatlessgirl glad your procedure was positive. I was a cardiac nurse for 2 yes so I am here if you want to talk. @ Karlotta glad to know your over the dreaded hump. We all have a tendancy to get stuck. I have decided ZC is probably not for me, I usually stay under 40 which is good enough for ketosis. Anyway I'll be back soon. My work schedule has been a little crazy.
    Good evening everyone. So nice catching up on the chat!

@May, so glad David is up and about already and that you appear to have thoroughly tested *everything* is in working order! :);)
    @Karla.....you sound as though you had a very 'merry' trip,lolol. Hope you are feeling ok now.

Ahhhh, memories! This talk of wine making has reminded me of years ago when I used to pop over to mums and it looked and sounded like a brewery! They were into wine making in a big way. There is an orchard at the top of the garden and they used an old fashioned potato chipper attached to a frame to put all the windfalls through straight into a plastic dustbin to make apple wine. Then there was the spiced plum...OMG we could only drink it if we were staying as it was soooo strong we couldnt walk let alone drive! lol. They used to make wine out of all sorts of odd things...peapod wine has just popped into my memory! The headgerows were perfect for gathering lots of different things such as sloes to make sloe gin and elferflowers and elderberries too. As they have got older they dont bother now and neither mum nor I drink anymore so......its all gone. They live in a 400 year old house with stone walls and the windowsills are about 2ft wide..ideal for standing the 5 gallon glass bottle on while they fermented and glugged (occasionally exploded too!!!) until it was ready for bottling.
    We have some large ceramic crocs that used to be used to make something called rumtopff. You put in various layers of fruit and sugar and cover with rum. Pop the lid on and leave....very 'interesting' desserts came out of that pot!!!
    My big, happy news of the day is that Chris called me from South Africa today where he has been for work this week to say his flight is arriving earlier and....to tell me he has gone Low carb!!!! Yaaaay. He is huge and it has been a worry for me to see him at the size he is but I refuse to say anything as I dont want him to feel nagged about his size like I was. The funny thing is it was him who first told me about Atkins back in 2002! He didnt stick at it then because his love of Cornish Pasties was greater,lolol. (if you dont know what they are I'll tell you later) He is much bigger now but as he is an out and out carnivore like me maybe he will stick to it this time. I'm going to tell him about Fit-Goat!!! Lol. Maybe the prospect of being a fat Dad has had something to do with it. I dont care as long as he gives it a go. He says he lost 6kg the first week! Ahhhh the joys of youth!!!!!

Question my lovely ladies....if I do a load of research about post menopausal ladies, stress, weight gain/loss, belly fat etc etc would you be interested if I put something together thats easy to understand(I'll try and NOT use to many medical terms and names etc) and either posted it or made a link somehow??? Let me know what you think.

I have just made cardamom and orange biscotti and coconut snowballs for hubby. Both low carb. The house smells wondeful!!! Ah well.
    Time for my weekly skype with my mum so I'll leave you all dreaming of the lovely christmassy smell of baking I am surrounded by! Its less fattening from where you are,lolololo.
    Love and hugs to you all.
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Just, WOW, May & David!
    @fortunebc - are you getting enough protein .5g minimum to 1 max x weight in lbs (id: 130 lbs = 65-130g of protein itself - not protein containing foods). I like water exercise - even walking in waist deep or slightly higher water is very good exercise and you have the support of the water to help keep you from falling. You can always walk along the side of the pool and hold on to the edge. I used water exercise for the first 3/4 of my badly broken (pins and plated) ankle. You can make it as strenuous as you wish, I still do deep water running as it builds power in the core & legs as well as being a good cardio or HIIT workout. All my physio rehab clients spent time in the pool and then added other exercise as they could handle.

re: wasps - wait until evening when they are all back in the nest, then use WD40 with the little straw that fits the nozzle to spray some into the nest - they are TOAST!!

Liana

• fortunebc
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome everyone. My name is Fortune , so feel free to call me that.
    @canadjineh. Too much protein begins making glucose for me and I go out of ketosis.

Your suggestion of water exercise is great, I did water aerobics for years and loved it...still belong but unfortunately can't go lately. I'm the caregiver for my 87 yr old husband who has Alzheimer's. We have been at home for 2 yrs now since he fell and had a severe brain bleed. He is now in hospice care at home, but constantly falls and cannot be left alone. He panics when I'm not close by, even quick trips to Walmart or grocery store. I want to keep him home as long as I can. I do have help from a neighbour and my son or daughter will sit with him for a short time but it's my own fault I don't feel comfortable away too long.

I know this sounds awful but life is what's dealt you. Play it as it lays, as the saying goes (I used to play golf too).

So I keep myself busy at home, gardening a bit, love doing crosswords, reading about gardening, and everything I can find online about diets and nutrition, trying to lose the extra wt.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    I understand @fortunebc, My dad is taking care of my mom who has dementia (although she is not as far along as your DH) and I am the only surviving child and live 5 houses down from them. I am also involved in her care and I get the part about feeling guilty about taking time to do things for one's self. I see it in my Dad, and he has his own health issues. Try to plan the time that the neighbour or son/daughter sit with him as a regular time (you already know I'm sure that regular schedules are soothing to dementia patients) and use it to care for yourself by going to the pool, getting your nails done, hair styled, whatever treat you need. If you don't take care of yourself - you cannot take care of him...
    Hugs to you!
    Liana
  • fortunebc
    Options
    fortunebc wrote: »
    Thanks for the welcome everyone. My name is Fortune , so feel free to call me that.
    @canadjineh. Too much protein begins making glucose for me and I go out of ketosis.

Your suggestion of water exercise is great, I did water aerobics for years and loved it...still belong but unfortunately can't go lately. I'm the caregiver for my 87 yr old husband who has Alzheimer's. We have been at home for 2 yrs now since he fell and had a severe brain bleed. He is now in hospice care at home, but constantly falls and cannot be left alone. He panics when I'm not close by, even quick trips to Walmart or grocery store. I want to keep him home as long as I can. I do have help from a neighbour and my son or daughter will sit with him for a short time but it's my own fault I don't feel comfortable away too long.

I know this sounds awful but life is what's dealt you. Play it as

• Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    Wow, love you Ladies ! Wonderful crafting May and hubby ! It must be such fun, and you do it together which is so special.

As you can see Fortune, we really do talk about everything here. You've made me remember some of the conversations we've had here.

I give Fortune and Liana credit for helping to care for loved ones with dementia. I have worked in long term care for most of my life, first as a direct caregiver and now scheduling nursing staff in a 218 bed facility. Some of my favorite people have had dementia. I loved to care for them. It is very special that you are able to still care for them at home. I would always tell them how precious they are, watch their behaviour cues and try to meet their needs by getting to know them really well. Enjoy them and love them, but please remember to take care of yourselves too.
  • fortunebc
    Options
    @canadjineh You are right of course, I guess it's lazinesson on my part too. I seem to have settled into never going out, just sitting in my chair with my tablet all evening. DH sleeps a lot of the day away then is up at night. One of the reasons I gained this 50 pounds I think, cortisol again!

BTW I meant to write 20% protein, sorry to confuse you, not 20 g

thanks for caring, one reason I'm trying to lose 50 pounds is to get myself in better health. LC has already helped me feel better. I see my doctor in July and hopefully my blood results will have improved. We'll see.
  • fortunebc
    Options
    @Kitnthecat. Thanks for the kind words, it's great when people understand about caregivers, and it sounds like you have a lot of experience. But to me it's been well worth it. He gave me a wonderful 36 years and now its my turn to give back to him.

I know this sounds awful but life is what's dealt you. Play it as

?
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    @May, wow! Just wow! I love the crafts! Thank you for posting the pictures! So creative! :smiley:
    @Cindy, glad you got the hornets taken care of!
    @Fortune, welcome! You are a saint! Taking care of your husband is a major undertaking and I commend you for it! I'm glad you are choosing to take care of yourself too!

Scale read 210! For anyone keeping up that's a 16 pound increase from my lowest! I haven't changed a thing! Haven't officially logged but did a spot check the other day and am still eating around 1400 calories a day and am still meativore (ZC)! I'm not running for carbs for comfort and am still in this for life, but the scale is not my friend. This will pass, I know, but good grief it messes with your head big time! I'm hanging in there though, not going anywhere! Love you guys! :smile:
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    @Fortune Your care for your husband is a beautiful portrait of the marriage commitment. Blessings on both of you!

@Cindy I didn't know WD40 can be used to clear out wasps! Thanks for the fyi, and I'm glad they're no longer a problem for you.

@Karla I'm shaking my head. A 16 lb increase is almost unbelievable. It reminds me of "The Little Engine That Could" chugging up the hill saying "I think I can, I think I can!" I can't wait to see what happens when your body decides to release it again! Can hardly imagine a 16 lb woosh---whoa!! Yay for your perseverance and determination!!! <3 Cheering you on!!!
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone <3 I should be attaching the second mermaid tail to the sleeping bag. I’m half way through and have run out of steam. We see the girls tomorrow and will be giving the tails to them, I’m pretty excited. And wondering what I can do while passengering in the car in the near future. I’ve done 90% of that crochet as we drove places. Thank you so much everyone for all of your kind words about David’s and my crafty creations.

Well, let’s see how I go at replying since I last wrote individually to everyone. If I miss anything, please forgive me.

@Jane yes, it is surprising how long it takes to catch up. David worked an 11 day shift and then had last weekend off, which was wonderful. He’s worked yesterday and today but has tomorrow off so I’m still somehow chasing my tail (and not caught up with the housework ahem!). I’m so pleased you enjoyed the quote, though I didn’t mean to give you tears. Aahh the suffering spouses of ladies on forums ha ha! Hope you’re getting enough sleep! The thought of your new shop is both scary and exciting. I hope you both make the right decision. And oh! About the bike. Hope you’ve got it by now, and love it! Thanks for your post about out crafts – I read it to David and he was happy too.

@Pam I weigh every day too. It’s interesting and informative IMHO. Lucky Maddie with all that walking, I hope she appreciates it! Your calories and 2 meals a day is the same as me! I wish my losses were the same as yours though LOL

@Jenn thanks for the info on Nill. So now we know ;)

I’m so pleased everyone liked the poem <3 and thanks to all who have given their birthday dates.

@JaniceI love the Pooh quote too. How true!

@Pedi I hope you enjoyed Juneteenth, I hadn’t heard of that before.

@Karla hoping you’ve had a massive weight loss today, or it happens in the very near future, that’s crazy! I’m terribly sorry to hear about the Charleston incident, that’s so sad.

@Ellen I hope you are well again by now, and happy, and I’m so very proud of you for staying the distance even when it must be so frustrating. You do feel healthier usually though? And you’re eating enough fats? I trust you, I’m sure you are. I feel better than I did now I’ve increased my carbs a little. I was under 15g a day and am now around 25-30. I feel much better.

@Emma welcome! It’s so good to read your story, and so exciting to hear of your huge losses, and that you’re enjoying the food and the fullness so much.

@Karen I don’t know how you do those working hours so you are certainly not lazy! I hope you learn to love cooking in the near future – or recruit someone to do it for you ;)

Hi @Janice and @Liana – rhubarb girls LOL.
    @Janice, wow 4.30, really? I’d only had 2 hours sleep by then! I love bird song too, it’s so special.
    @Liana thank you so much for those beautiful photos. What a lovely sight to see at work.

@Kate the housework will wait for you. And I hope the wedding planning goes smoothly. If anyone woke me at 6 they’d be very sorry, I’m a grouch if I don’t get enough sleep, and that’s been the case the last 4 nights. Mostly through people ringing at 8am when we’ve only had 6 hours ggrrrrr!

@Fortune Welcome!!! I seem to have to eat around 1200 calories a day to lose weight consistently. I have days up to 1400 sometimes, but the loss stops. I’m OK with that because I’m in this for the long run and a higher day occasionally is all part of the journey. I realise fully how much you must have your work cut out for you as carer for your husband. My mother-in-law suffers Alzheimers too and my father-in-law works 24/7 looking after her. He never leaves her for more than an hour. Does the shopping regularly so he can be quick about it and waits on her literally hand and foot. She keeps collapsing and he has to get an ambulance, and then the hospital can’t find why it’s happening and she’s sent home again.

@Liana oh gosh, I didn’t realise you were a partial carer too. It’s draining to be on call isn’t it? We love them so much and feel guilty for any lack of willingness or tiredness some days :(

@Cindy I’m so pleased you’re rid of the hornets safely. It’s sad to kill anything, but you need to be safe in your own home and garden.

Whew – I think I’ve answered everyone. David’s rostered off tomorrow so I shall probably fall behind again ha ha!
  • Kitnthecat
    Options
    Wow, May....I read all the posts, but couldn't begin to answer everyone, they all touch me. I want to stretch out on Cindy's hammock, that was so pretty and relaxing looking.

Just a little thought....I have my alarm set to go off at 5:30 am daily. But I am rarely still asleep to hear the alarm go off. I start to wake up naturally at 5:00. My daughter's alarm goes off at 5:25, I hear her get up and switch mine off so it doesn't scare me lol, then I get up. I am on the treadmill about 6........
  • GrannyMayOz
    edited June 2015
    Options
    When David was a roof tiler we used to get up early, especially in summer when he wanted to be at work as soon as it got light and he could get his work done before the intense heat hit. There's no shade at all for a roofie, and carrying all those cement roof tiles up a ladder, 56 lbs in weight at a time, relentlessly until he'd taken the whole roof's worth up there, and to do that in over 100°F heat. That just blows my mind how he ever did that. He never ate breakfast and would take jam (jelly) sandwiches for his lunch, but then eat everything in sight washed down with far too much wine in the evenings. He looked like this...
    duwmr8u3omt8.jpg
    LOL you can see that our soil is pure sand in this photo. It was a new building estate so all the trees had been taken away. New have grown in their place now though.

Now he's a bus driver, and although it took about 5 years to start, he has the typical bus driver's tummy. He's also a lot older - been driving busses for 18 years and is now 60.

However, back to the topic (ROFL) he is on the permanent late shift, starting work around 3 or 4pm and finishing between midnight and 1am. We go to bed between 12.30am at the earliest and 3am at the latest, so sunrise is something we never see. And he's at work for sunset so there are no romantic versions of either of those for us until we are on holidays.

We are going on holiday from 20th to 26th July, quite literally to a cabin in the woods. There's no mobile phone coverage in the area because the trees block it. I can't wait to get a break from the phone, and all of the instant dramas that can bring. Just for a little while.
  • Kitnthecat
    Options
    I can see why you strayed from the topic....hard to stay focused with that image in your mind running around in short shorts. Holy Smokes, it's a wonder either one of you get any work done at all ! (....whistles...)

I hope you two have a wonderful getaway ! I don't think there's much chance of you seeing the sunrise..
  • TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am on a low carb 60< 140 protein and 60-70 fat. by my doc because i have metabolic syndrome. I think my 66 is closer to the older women (LOL). Anyway, with having more limitation on my mobility (exercise) I get frustrated with that part, but struggle real hard to get the 140g. I don't know who can do 20 of carbs, and 100+ of fats? wow. Any way I do think the older I am getting the harder it is to lose, regardless if it is diet or exercise. Any way that's my comment
  • Sk8Kate
    Sk8Kate Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies. Nice to see all the new people we're picking up. Just got home from a marathon day. Was up & in hubby's office by 7:20 am to get daughter registered for her university classes. 2 hrs later we finally finished. (You almost need a degree to register for a degree).Then 3 hr drive to city for meeting at wedding venue, Drs appts, & shopping for bouquet supplies. On the drive home hit a deer, phone hubby in tears, & try & check vehicle over as best I could in the dark. He wanted to know if any fluid was leaking out & what colour was it. It was flippin dark, how the hell was I supposed to know. Multiple cars drove by & not one stopped. Hazard lights on & hood up, 2 women & baby on side of road. At least baby & DIL to be were fine. Instead of having a smash when I got home, scarfed down a cinnamon bun (should've had the drink). At least still <40g carbs today, but really the treat didn't fix anything except felt good going down. Now not so good, oh well tomorrow's another day. Sorry to whine, but needed to vent a little.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Poor thing about the deer accident Sk8Kate: I get it - the beggars are hopping around like flies here, you can't round a corner too quickly in or neck of the woods without something bounding out at you. Many near misses and a few glancing hits (no animals were killed in the making of this post, lol). Good thing it wasn't a moose....
    Sorry to sound creepy, but hot hubby in 70's Adidas :p , lol. My DH has a very active job too climbing ladders and hefting buckets full of water, etc. He's 57. Makes me glad I didn't marry a desk jockey, lol. B)
  • GrannyMayOz
    Options
    Welcome @Batlady it's great to have you join! My diary is open if you'd like to look at a few days there. Ignore last weekend though, it was hard to log that one.
    @Kate oh gosh I'm so sorry for your experience. Glad you weren't hurt though.
    @Janice, I know, right?
    @Liana I often wondered if I would still love him after The Body was gone. Turns out that I do ROFL