Baked Stuffed Jalepenos

2»

Replies

• DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    DittoDan wrote: »
    I got this recipe from djgreen1968. It sounded yummy and simple. (I like simple). :D I have eaten many of these pre-Keto from restaurants. They always were breaded with flour and/or had sugary things in them. But I never made one myself, until tonight.

Baked Stuffed Jalapeños

Ingredients:

Fresh Jalapeños, purchase the biggest ones you can find.
    Cream Cheese (full fat of course)
    Thin (normal) thickness Sliced Bacon

Dan the Man from Michigan

I'm seriously considering going out in the rain to make these tonight. Hmmm. Yum. Thanks much!

Please let me know how you like them....!

• DarlingNikki2011
    DarlingNikki2011 Posts: 287 Member

[/quote]
    I'm seriously considering going out in the rain to make these tonight. Hmmm. Yum. Thanks much![/quote]

Please let me know how you like them....!

Dan the Man from Michigan[/quote]

Made them last night. Something this yummy should be illegal! I left some seeds for heat and that for me knocked it out the park. I only made two in case I didnt like it, but I bought a dozen figuring I would. Lol. Thanks again.

• DittoDan
    YAY! I am glad you like them Nikki! I was beginning to wonder if I was wasting my time posting these recipes. :( But you made my day. :D I'll continue to post the really good ones, as long as they are super simple to make and very tasty.

Thank you for the feedback! <3:D

Cream Cheese, Bacon & Chicken
  • DarlingNikki2011
    @DittoDan‌ absolutely. I like simple, yummy recipes. As a grad student, I have little time for creativity in the kitchen, but my husband has to eat. And i know the go to's to make it not lc for him while I enjoy and lick my fingers. So if you post them, I will make them. Lol. :)

PS...I tried the tagging feature in this post. Did you get a special notification?
  • DittoDan
    @DittoDan‌ absolutely. I like simple, yummy recipes. As a grad student, I have little time for creativity in the kitchen, but my husband has to eat. And i know the go to's to make it not lc for him while I enjoy and lick my fingers. So if you post them, I will make them. Lol. :)

PS...I tried the tagging feature in this post. Did you get a special notification?

Cool. What is the tagging feature? Is it when you use @DarlingNikki2011‌ ? I didn't get a notification. I do have my all my notification set to ON. I didn't get an e-mail either. I see that my name (in your reply) is hyperlinked to my profile. But that's it. Did you get a notification from this post? (Because I tried it on your name to)

I wish it would work by sending a badge and/or an e-mail to me. I do use an I-phone, I-pad and PC to read, log and post on MFP.

• Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    We tried this with the sweet peppers and hubby loved it and daughter will eat them. They smelled amazing! Next time we'll cook it with the hot peppers since only hubby eats them and he LOVES hot!
  • DarlingNikki2011
    DittoDan wrote: »

Cool. What is the tagging feature? Is it when you use @DarlingNikki2011‌ ? I didn't get a notification. I do have my all my notification set to ON. I didn't get an e-mail either. I see that my name (in your reply) is hyperlinked to my profile. But that's it. Did you get a notification from this post? (Because I tried it on your name to)

I wish it would work by sending a badge and/or an e-mail to me. I do use an I-phone, I-pad and PC to read, log and post on MFP.

Yes, that was exactly what I meant by tagging feature. I was hoping it would send you a notification once you used the @ symbol. No notification on my end either. It's a feature another unrelated app I use recently introduced. So whenever someone's name is input that way we automatically get a notification that so and so tagged you in blah blah discussion.

It would be super convenient on MFP because you would know when something has been addressed to you in the multiple discussions you may visit in a day. Just my thoughts. ::shrugs::
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    If any of you are in Texas and feeling lazy, HEB has jalapeno poppers already made up back in the meat department.

When I get around to making some, I think I'll mix some taco meat into the cream cheese and just call them dinner. And maybe stuff a few mushrooms as well.
  • Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Twibbly wrote: »
    If any of you are in Texas and feeling lazy, HEB has jalapeno poppers already made up back in the meat department.

When I get around to making some, I think I'll mix some taco meat into the cream cheese and just call them dinner. And maybe stuff a few mushrooms as well.

YES. When I'm feeling lazy, that's exactly what I do...except I just eat 3-4 of the poppers and nothing else! I keep meaning to make my own, but there they are...sitting on the tray and saying, "I'm ready. No prep. Just pre-heat the oven and put foil on a tray...you know you want to. Eat me...eat me..."
    They also have a sausage and cheddar stuffed version. Not a fan, but YMMV.
    Label says to bake at 425 degrees for 20 to 35 mins. I usually go for 25 mins.

Regarding the bacon not cooking well: I've noticed that the bacon used by HEB is thin. If you're used to using thicker cut bacon, it will not work as well and will probably not cook through properly.

-T.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    I can't wait to make these! Already thinking about the variations of cheese! Yes, mouth is watering (hubbies is too!)!!!

Thanks Dan! Keep on posting! I am all about simple recipes! Just started doing bacon in the oven and won't cook it stove top again! Easy and mess free!
  • DittoDan
    Karlottap wrote: »
    I can't wait to make these! Already thinking about the variations of cheese! Yes, mouth is watering (hubbies is too!)!!!

Thanks Dan! Keep on posting! I am all about simple recipes! Just started doing bacon in the oven and won't cook it stove top again! Easy and mess free!

I'm glad I can help you. Here are some more:

Previous Discussions (lots of easy Keto recipes and other useful Keto info)
    An Alternative to Batch Cooking
    Cream Cheese, Bacon & Chicken
    Do You Like Fatty Beef? Try Corned Beef

If you need a little more fat to suppress your hunger, try these:
    Putting Chocolate Back Together Recipe
    Almond Joy Wanna Be's (fat bomb recipe)
    Raspberry Fat Bombs
    Chocolate Covered Strawberry Fat Bombs
    Cocoa Butter @ www.bulkapothecary.com

I hope this helps,

It's Ketogenic or Bariatric! How I Found the Ketogenic Diet
    Blog #10 Keto: Abbreviations, Acronyms & Terminology Used on the LCD & Keto Discussion Groups
  • MizTenaciousT
    MizTenaciousT Posts: 69 Member
    I'm salivating just reading this. I'm going to have to give this recipe a try! Yum!
  • fzermer
    fzermer Posts: 229 Member
    Bacon tip. Dip the strips of bacon in boiling water for @ 30-60 seconds then dry them on paper towels. They become more pliable and much easier to handle for wrapping.