Daily Check-in: Time March-es on

Options
1141516171820»

Replies

• krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I also had the grand idea to have 1.5 scoops of C4. Omg, I think I can taste colours.

Wait, you mean to tell me we're NOT supposed to be taking 2 scoops? Haha. I have a pretty high caffeine tolerance at this point, so there will be days where my "scoop" is heaping to a "spilling everywhere" degree. I was so tired today though. Had a crap night of sleep and my boss texting me is what woke me up (even though I'd shoved off the cats off the bed a few times already) I was took a normal serving of amino energy and added a rocket science pill on top (~200mg of caffeine, but none of it is so stim-intensive that you get up high). I crashed before I even left the gym haha. I'm gonna use my next deload week as a caffeine detox battlefield. Haven't done one of those in a while...

UBB 2.0 Construct W2D2 was completed, albeit slowly. Super slowly. I was in a weird daze probably from all the crap I ate yesterday night.

Heavy clean pulls 4x5
    95x5, 105x5, 115x3x5 (yes, that is 5 sets, I ended up deciding that the set at 95 wasn,t heavy enough).

Clean pulls are an odd move when you're not used to them. It,s basically an explosive deadlift (albeit a slightly different set-up because of the 2nd pull you get into) with a shrug as you come up on your toes. It's hard to keep elbow bend away from the shrug and keep the balance, but they,re a great exercise to build power in the 2nd pull of the actual clean so they're really helpful when done right!

superset of:
    - OHP 4x5 @ 70lbs (had at least an extra rep in all sets, but it would've been grindy. Pretty spot on, in other words haha)- Assisted pull-ups (~80lbs assist?) 4xsubmax (7/5/5/8 chin/pull/wide/chin)

12 min AMRAP of double KB complex (25lbs)
    - 2 snacthes
    - 4 push press
    - 6 front squats
    - 8 swings
    - rest 30-45 secs

Managed 7 rounds and 4 push presses. The double 25s (if they're not 30lbs, I never did figure out what the actual weight of these is because the paint has been rubbed off. They feel just a tiny bit lighter than the 30s) are hard to hike up overhead for the snatch and I'm quite sore from yesterday's squats.

Finished with recline rows x14 and push-ups x19 (which I was surprised to grind through). The NMW sets are paying off! Can,t wait to try 15 and 20 on wednesday :)
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! (yes, that is dripping with sarcasm)

Squat: 5x5 @ 140.
    OHP: 5,5,4,5,4 @ 65. It's amazing what a 5-pound difference makes! It was a real struggle and I was pissed that I failed on the 3rd set and had to relax for 5 minutes. lol
    Deadlift: 4x5 @ 175. So, did 2 reps mixed grip, 1 regular and the 4th mixed. I just felt like I was going to drop the bar using the mixed grip and I could not get the 5th rep with the regular grip. I'm going to have to do some exercises to work on my grip or I'm going to be stuck at 175 forever. My legs can handle the load, my hands cannot. Blah.
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Knocked out those triples! I cut my sets down because I needed food.

Squats: 5x3 @‌ 185
    Bench: 3x3 @120lbs which is a PR for me since 120 used to be my (ugly, grindy) 1RM!!!

Now I rest until Saturday for new 1RM testing.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    you know how sometimes i-can't-even isn't metaphorical? when it's how you actually feel about things. well, i had one of those days. nothing really wrong with it on paper i guess, but i was tired and hungry and somehow everything was just discouraging even though . . . yeah. there probably wasn't anything much that was wrong with the workout itself. workout b in the gym where i seem to have more of these kinds of workouts than the other kind.

squats: 2x5@45, 1x5@65, 1x5@75, 5x5@85. nothing much to report. was heavy and hard and that made me sad.

ohp: idk. i was in the gym iwth the fixed-weight bars in 10lb increments and just pulling the bars off their stack at all kinds of different heights, so i didn't do a very organized or consistent workout. i probably did 5 or 6 sets at 40, and also a few additional sets at 30 a couple of times. i think i got the volume, if nothing else.

deadlifts: up slowly(ish) from a slight deficit with the 35lb plates on the 30lb bar, so 100lb. then 110, and after that i switched up to the 45s and i guess i did my 5 reps with that, i.e. 120. only a couple of them felt good, the rest were just bleh.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    My last lifts for March. Tonight I just messed around at the gym and tested squats to see if I could get close to body weight. During stronglifts I made it to 150 but had to cut back after that as right side of back acted up, then transitioned to NROLFW. I was tired after work but the lifting went pretty well. I'm going to have 3 whole days off from work, lifting and calorie counting now. Looking forward to this break but it's already 1 am and I have to meet grandparents at airport before 9 am, dealing with rush hour traffic to get there, so it's going to be one long first day. Oh well, still can't wait. Definitely need a little break.

Random Workout

Squat: Warmup for a few sets then 1x5 @ 95, 1x5 @ 115, 1x3 @ 135, 1x3 @ 145, 1x3 @ 155 and 1x3 at 165. I made it but oh was it hard to get up each rep on the last two sets. Won't be doing many reps at those weights but that's okay.

seated row 3x8 @ 70 - weight from end of stage 1 still feels heavy
    pendlay row 3x5 @ 95 - pondering if I'm setting them up too low, hmmm
    deadlift 1x5 @ 135 and 1x5 @ 185 - tried the heavier set just for fun but was hard to get all 5 reps
    leg press 3x8 @‌ 110 - added a little more this time
    good morning 3x10 @ 45 - not sure about adding weights yet so did extra reps

Now to finish getting everything ready and try to get some sleep. I won't be online as much though will have my little tablet to use while I'm away. Just 3 days but well needed mini vacation. Happy lifting everyone!
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Workout A yesterday. I felt pretty good the whole time.

Squats 5x5 at 140#. I feel like my form is getting better. I can tell when I'm watching my videos after my workout that it has improved greatly since I deloaded to work on it.
    Bench 5x5 at 110#. These were hard, but I was able to get them all. I'm thinking a couple of more sessions here before I bump up to 115#. Eeek, that was my 1RM just a few short months ago!
    Row 5x5 at 75#.

Some accessories afterwards.
    Narrow grip lat pull downs 5x10 at 80#.
    Decline bench press 5x10 at 65#.
    Walked 1.4 miles as a cool down.
  • abrand1121
    abrand1121 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Pretty proud of myself for getting back into the swing of things. Did Workout B yesterday after my warm-up mile run.

Squats @ 80, OHP @ 60, DL @ 145. Last week I was able to complete all 5 sets of the OHP @ 60, but this week, I failed on my very last rep. I'm starting to see that consistency is key :p Will try again @ 60 next time.

Added in hip thrusts, single leg hip thrusts, glute bridges, and some planks at the end, all body weight. Really want to get some what of a booty for this summer, and read that hip thrusts are the ticket along with the usual squats etc.

Ran for 30 minutes this morning and really feeling the burn in my legs. Think I may have to save the running on my "off days" for the evening after, instead of 12 hrs after.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    ohp 5 day
    55 lbs 5 65 lbs x 5 70 lbs x 5
    The last one was really hard, strange since I was doing 5x5 at that weight.
    I was going to do a wod that called for 27/21/15/9 thrusters and rows but I got through the 27 rows and all of 10 thrusters and said nope.
    Decided to go with 10/8/6/4/2
    thrusters
    bentover rows
    one arm db rows
    Arnold press
    Seemed to work out well.
    I will be doing some assisted pullups throughout the day since I am working from home (the dayhome my kids went to randomly decided to shut down effective immediately and I am struggling to find care, so much stress arg). At the rate I am getting through things for work I should be done around this time tomorrow...
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    ohp 5 day
    55 lbs 5 65 lbs x 5 70 lbs x 5
    The last one was really hard, strange since I was doing 5x5 at that weight.
    I was going to do a wod that called for 27/21/15/9 thrusters and rows but I got through the 27 rows and all of 10 thrusters and said nope.
    Decided to go with 10/8/6/4/2
    thrusters
    bentover rows
    one arm db rows
    Arnold press
    Seemed to work out well.
    I will be doing some assisted pullups throughout the day since I am working from home (the dayhome my kids went to randomly decided to shut down effective immediately and I am struggling to find care, so much stress arg). At the rate I am getting through things for work I should be done around this time tomorrow...

ROFL, You didn't complete 15.5? How dare you?! lol ;P I will be trying that one next deload. I've heard it's a painful one... >_>
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    @krok, nothing like a WOD to remind me I am terribly out of shape :smile: I can't even do a real thruster any way so even if I completed it at 20 lbs less than the scaled version it still wouldn't have been a success.
    I think every WOD I have done I have to modify the hell out of.
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I ran 2 miles yesterday because it was so nice out. I saw a sandhill crane out on a pier and it was SO COOL. Yes, I'm a huge bird dork. I was so bummed I only had my phone camera so I couldn't get a good picture, especially because they're not common where I live but I did admire it for a while.

I lifted later. Don't usually run before lifting but I didn't run much, I'm still de-loaded on squats, and I worked mostly upper body.

Squat 100 5x5
    Bench 80 5x5
    Row 70 5x5

Stiff-leg deadlift 60 3x8
    Side bends 30 3x15 each side
    Pull ups 60 assist (70) 3x8
    Skull crushers 40 3x8
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Last March workout :)

Squat - 5x5 at 135. Still pretty hard, but form was better today. Might do this weight one more time.

Bench 5x5 at 72.5. Form wasn't great. I lost stability in my body a couple times. I think I need to do this one again before moving on to make sure my form is there.

Row 5x5 at 85. Didn't stack plates today because the gym was busy at plates were in demand. I can't wait to get to 95 so that I can use bigger plates. The 25s might be enough for my short self to almost do Pendlay Rows without stacking.

Assisted pull ups - 3x8 at 40 lbs assist. Might move down next time :)
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Workout A (Tues)

Overhead Press, Barbell - 5 x 5 - 80

Pendlay Row - 5 x 5 - 110

Squats 1 x 5 - 125

Squats 3 x 5 - 175

Squats 2 x 5 - 180
  • awkwardsoul
    awkwardsoul Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Last workout for March!

Squats 5x5 165lb - looked great. I video taped myself and was pleased with my form.
    Bench 5x5 90lbs - There were nasty hard the last 2 sets. Hello the times of slow-mo bench press!
    Rows 5/5/5/4/3 80lbs - I thought I finally figured out rows with the first sets. The last sets showed apparently not as I tend to wrist curl that last bit. It seems I need the stars to align on form to get these right, bleh! Hate rows!
  • LaarainNYC
    LaarainNYC Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Squats 5x5 120
    Bench 5x5 55 (still struggling with form)
    Row 5x5 60

Have had to concede defeat and deload on all the upper body stuff when I realized my form was terrible.
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Hi gals! Good workouts logged this week, I hope everyone is proud of their work.

I did workout A this morning. I still have this weird thing where I have pain in my thighs (the muscle that is call rectus femoris, I think) while performing squat. I really feel like I never did squats in my life. I'm not sure why it hurts that much, because this muscle is not supposed to be involved a lot in squats. Well...

Warmup: 15 minutes on the ATM

Squats: 1x5 @ 45, 1x5 @ 65, 5x5 @ 85

Rows: 1x5 @ 45, 1x5 @ 50, 5x5 @ 55

Bench: 1x5 @ 45, 1x5 @ 50, 5x5 @ 55

Plank: 75 seconds on the BOSU

Then, stretch and foam rolling.

I will have to start going to the gym as early as before because I didn't have time to make accessories today. Those 15 minutes makes a difference.