BLUE Team

Options

Replies

• Astraea05
    Astraea05 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    coopscoopc wrote: »
    Please complete the following so that we can get to know each other :-)

Name- Melissa

Short and long term goals.- Short term - would like to be out of the obese category Long Term - would like to drop a total of 45 to be at my ideal weight.

What do you struggle with?- Losing weight. I have been stuck right around 170 for about 2 years now. I go up, down, up, down, but never below 167. *sigh* I need to get to bed early and wake up earlier. I need to make time for working out and most important, stick to eating healthy for the long term

Anything else we should know to help you? - I have a "tangled" or strained pereformus muscle that limits my choice of workouts. Not sure if it will ever heal, but right now I can cycle... so I decided to learn to spin and in my first 4 weeks I have made tremendous strides in my form and endurance and I actually enjoy doing this crazy stuff!

I have never done a spinning class before. I have heard some good results from that! Glad you found a way to exercise that works for you!
  • Astraea05
    Options
    Got in 6500 steps yesterday so will shoot for 10,000 again today. Was over on my calorie count but did better in my water intake. I weighted in this morning and was 174.6 down a little but weighed after I checked in and was 173.7 Hate it when that happens. I won't change my check in weight again today but I will if it is down tomorrow. I try to refrain from changing my check in weight on mfp to once a week.
  • Christine_1085
    Christine_1085 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies, I am here just helping my husband rewrite his resume. I felt the need to do it as well.

I following Weight Watchers and try to work out 5 to 6 days. I am trying to beat depression and emotional eating.
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Astraea05 wrote: »
    Got in 6500 steps yesterday so will shoot for 10,000 again today. Was over on my calorie count but did better in my water intake. I weighted in this morning and was 174.6 down a little but weighed after I checked in and was 173.7 Hate it when that happens. I won't change my check in weight again today but I will if it is down tomorrow. I try to refrain from changing my check in weight on mfp to once a week.

LOL.... your weight in will just be all the better next week! Let us know how you do on your steps. :)

• phoebelayla
    Options
    Hello Ladies, I am here just helping my husband rewrite his resume. I felt the need to do it as well.

I following Weight Watchers and try to work out 5 to 6 days. I am trying to beat depression and emotional eating.

What do you think of your WW leader and your group? Have you picked up any good tips?
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    Working tomorrow and then going straight to a surprise birthday party for a friend. I need to pack my lunch, and very importantly, a snack to eat before the party so I can stay away from all of the party food. It is going to be fun and I am not going to wreck it by mindless eating.

Lifted weights yesterday and got in a hard bike ride today. I wasn't as long as I might usually do on a day off, but needed to get to younger son's science presentation (he was so excited :-)).
  • mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Name: Macha, please call me Shay.

Short term goals: To lose 15lbs by the end of this challenge and to see a one as the first number of weight again.

Long term goals: To be down 30lbs and toned by Sept 27th my birthday. I will be 50 sigh :'( and I am struggling with that number. So I want to 50, fit, and fabulous. I pray I can make it happen :) .

My biggest Struggles: I struggle with sugar. I love sugar. It is better than it has been in the past, but I want to work to make even better. My eating during the week is pretty good, but I do go a little overboard on the weekends.

I just joined a gym for 3mos and plan to make the most of it an try different things. So, far I tried a spin class (Mon) and Zumba (Fri). I plan to try to get in a yoga class an aerobics next week.
  • Astraea05
    Options
    I have a meeting today where there will be breakfast and lunch. I am going to eat my oatmeal before I go and I packed my protein shake for snack and salad and protein for lunch. I may be the strange one today, but I am on track and don't want the lunch there to throw me off.

Let's Go Blue Team!!!
    Great way to plan ahead and have the courage to not eat what everyone else is eating! Keeping your eye on the goal!
  • Astraea05
    Options
    carlsoda wrote: »
    Leslie Sansone can be annoying (she talks and talks and talks and talks) but I have a DVD where I can choose music only which I do! It's perfect for those days when you get home and too scared to go out again because it's so cold!! :)

Today I'm mixing it up for breakfast. I usually eat an egg but today I'm having chocolate chip oatmeal - it's 6 points and it is very yummy! It will be interesting to see when I start getting hungry again!

Have a good day everyone!!
    I agree we are a lot alike.. Stupid Teeth!
    and I also agree Leslie Sansone can be annoying! LOL! I like oatmeal too! Since being on MFP I have found steel cut oats and they are amazing. They take a while to cook but they really stick with you during the day. I tried a crock pot recipe with bananas and walnuts to cook the steel cut oats overnight but found my crock pot must cook too hot and burned the edges. But I actually like it plain just fine with a little sugar and cream. I make it ahead then just heat it up. It has 6G protein 4G fiber and only 1g sugar (before I add any) and 170 calories.
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    CHALLENGE for March 8-14: increase your exercise to rev that calorie burning engine!!!!!
    1. Count up your exercise minutes from last week (March1-7)
    2. Target at least 35 more minutes this week (just 5 more min per day, easy!)
    3. Post your target
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    last week's exercise minute- 270 minutes
    target goal for this week- at least 305!
  • mmcqueen927
    Options
    Sorry I didn't keep a record of my exercise minutes. I will throw a number out and achieve it.
    Target this week-200 minutes.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Good morning all and Happy Monday! The weather is beautiful here, the days are longer at night so I'm going to be out lots on my bike! I really need to jump start my weight loss as I've been stuck at the same weight for far too long! Last week I likely put in 375 minutes; I walk at lunch 45 minutes and typically do something for 30 minutes after work. This week I'll up it to 425 minutes!

Have a great day everyone!
  • coopscoopc
    coopscoopc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Last week should be easy for me to beat... I was such a total slacker! :o
    1. I had 60 minutes last week
    2. I will get 3 spinning classes in this week and 2 strength
    3. target minutes: 95 minutes

My new mantra: Spin to be Slim! B)

Let's do this everyone!!!!
  • Astraea05
    Options
    Exercise minutes for me were more than usual. I was trying out the Pacer app. lol
    Last week 286 min This week Target 321. I seriously hate to say my left ankle has been bothering me a little. Funny thing is that it hurts when I walk on it first thing in the morning but seems to get better during the day but tonight is pretty swollen. So I may just try to stretch it tonight and put it up. Will try to get some min in tomorrow!
  • Astraea05
    Options
    Cheers to Amy for a Fantastic loss this week! Also Nice loss for Melissa! and congrats to Carl and Beverly for not gaining! Staying steady is also a good thing! Go Blue!
  • mmcqueen927
    Options
    sorry, I have ben posting on the wrong team ;)
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    sorry, I have ben posting on the wrong team ;)
    No worries, happy to get to know you! :-)
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    Got in lots of minutes today. I took the day off after working yesterday. So, I lifted and biked this am. Then, I ended up sticking around at one of my son's soccer practices this evening and walking with friends for 80 min. Total of 155 minutes today. :)

Back on track with eating after waaaay to much sugar this weekend. Is anyone interested in doing a challenge of no added sugars for a week for one of our challenges?

Thanks for the shout out Sara. I worked hard last week. Unfortunately, it was loosing the weight I put back on at the end of Feb. So, next goal is to keep going.

• phoebelayla
    Options
    Astraea05 wrote: »
    Exercise minutes for me were more than usual. I was trying out the Pacer app. lol
    Last week 286 min This week Target 321. I seriously hate to say my left ankle has been bothering me a little. Funny thing is that it hurts when I walk on it first thing in the morning but seems to get better during the day but tonight is pretty swollen. So I may just try to stretch it tonight and put it up. Will try to get some min in tomorrow!

Take care of that ankle. Do you know how you injured it?