BLUE Team

Options

Replies

• phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    ****CHALLENGE March15-21
    The Eatin' O' the Green (obviously, in honor of St. Pat's day)

We all know that eating our greens adds vitamins, minerals and fiber to our diets. They are great for our heart and decrease our chance of cancer and diabetes. Just as importantly for our weight loss challenge, they are a "filling food" and help us to feel full and loose weight. Greens have vit A, vit C, folate, vit K, calcium and even vit K in Kale which has everything.

Challenge
    1. Tell us your favorite green
    2. Eat your 5 servings of vegetables (and fruits) per day
    3. Eat your greens at at least two meals per day, to help fill you up.
    (Replace that tortilla with greens and make a salad, add broccoli and spinach to your pasta, whatever, just do it).

Chard, spinach, Kale, cabbage, arugala, brussel sprouts, kohlrabi, collard greens, mustard greens, chicory, escarole, watercress, rapini, pea pods, snow peas, artichoke, butter lettuce, romaine lettuce, bok choy, radicchio, sprouts, broccoli.....

• phoebelayla
    Options
    Side challenge for March15-21
    No added sugars. Dillyg08 (Beverly) and I are in. I am starting tomorrow. Anyone else?
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    Results for last week's challenge: exercise minutes from Sunday 3/8-Saturday 3/15.

Please copy and past your results :-)

Phoebelayla
    My goal: 305 or more minutes
    Actual: 465 minutes. Hooray! It helped that I am feeling better!
  • Astraea05
    Astraea05 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Side challenge for March15-21
    No added sugars. Dillyg08 (Beverly) and I are in. I am starting tomorrow. Anyone else?

I am in. Just bought a bag of apples today so now this side challenge will help me actually eat them!
  • mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    Sorry team I am up 1.6 lbs. My Mom was here visiting last week from NC and she cooked southern style meals and sweets (my downfall) and I only got in 1 day of exercise. I enjoyed having her here and I must admit it was nice coming home to nice hot meals already prepared with Mom's love :) . Sigh, its back to reality this week. I am tired today, but I did some meal prep last night; and I am heading to the gym right after work. And hopefully get to bed early tonight for a good nights rest and back on track.

I will try to do the side challenge of no sugar too, I need to detox from all the sugar I ate while my Mom was here.

My favorite greens are: cabbage and broccoli.

Have a great day everyone!!!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the no sugar...starting today!

I'm in for the green challenge. I love all veggies and fruit, in fact I eat a salad every day for lunch and I juice a lot of veggies and fruit with my supper! My new favorite green is kale sprouts ( a hybrid of kale and brussels sprout)

Exercise minutes (forgot what my goal was :o ) but I did: 345 minutes
  • Astraea05
    Options
    Not a bad day. Got in 60 Min of walking in today 25 min after work them 25 min this evening. Made a spinach salad with broccoli and cauliflower for dinner. I like most veggies but have issues eating fruit. I like cucumbers out of my garden but hate the ones in the store..not sure what they coat them with. I need to scroll back and check my exercise goal and figure out what my min were also...
  • coopscoopc
    coopscoopc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Started my Monday out with an 8:30 meeting. Ugh! We all gave the guy that called that meeting grief. lol

I lost another pound! Toot Toot!! I have had brutal long days at work... I almost blew off spinning today, but I basically forced myself to do it... and I'm glad I did! Tomorrow I am going to make it a point to get my body resistance workout in. I only did it once last week and I felt it for 2 days. Soooo, this week I hope I can do it twice! I do endurance training on the bike and then get in 2 days of strength. I have such a long road to go... I hope I can keep this up. Seriously.

I have another 40 pounds to go and some days its too hard to think about. So I will be very happy if I can get below 165. I guess I am doing baby steps cuz when I think about the long haul, some days I just want to give up and face plant in a Chicago style pizza. *sigh*

So for now 164 is my goal. I want to see 125, but that might take me a very long time! But at least I am enjoying what I am doing and I am going to try to gut it out for at least the summer!
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    Coopscoopc, I went to spin this Saturday. Lots of fun! I am going to try to go again on Wednesday. You have been doing great. Keep on plan and you are going to see that 164 soon!!!! That will make you happier than a pizza.

Small goals are important. Seriously, the tougher the going, the smaller the interim weight loss goal needs to be for me. Right now, I am just focused on the next pound. I want it, but the weight is not going anywhere without me putting in the work.
  • Astraea05
    Options
    Coopscoop! Great Job on loosing another pound! You are on a role! What are you doing for your resistance workout?
  • Astraea05
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I did several mini walks yesterday instead of one walk because it was cold and windy here. Since using the pacer app that tracks steps I am noticing I am less active than I imagined. The only veggie I ate yesterday was the cabbage and carrots from the corned beef and cabbage. Not sure if you can call cabbage a green? Will try to work in some greens today and get moving more! Would really like to see 172 on the scales on Sunday weigh in! (That will be my small goal! ) Hope everyone is having a great week. Originally miscalculated my exercise minutes.. accidentally put in my total min from the pacer app! Decided to only count the actually min spent exercising not daily steps and certainly not counting since I got the pacer app! lol Here is what I have for excercise mIn:
    Week 1 March 1-7: 103 min
    Week 2 March 8-14 227 min
  • Astraea05
    edited March 2015
    Options

exercise.png

Found this ticker site if anyone is interested... First time using it so figuring it out! Here is my Exercise Min for week 3 so far!

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php?type=8

• phoebelayla
    Options
    The ticker is cool and another way to stay motivated. I am going to check that out!

I have not been doing as well as I would like and I am going to try again tomorrow on the no sugar. I have been eating back all of my exercise calories the past few days and that never works out well for me. I need to commit to staying at my 1250 tomorrow, so I am putting it here so that I will follow through.

I have been eating my greens. I can eat spinach all the time- throw it in my salad, my eggs, soup, whatever :-). I tend to eat a big mixed salad at lunch with a whole bunch of different greens and then some spinach or sometimes broccoli at dinner.
  • coopscoopc
    Options
    Astraea05 wrote: »
    Coopscoop! Great Job on loosing another pound! You are on a role! What are you doing for your resistance workout?

I am doing the Angry Bird Workout. LOL I love Nerd Fitness ... I basically just read his blogs, but I like the Angry Bird Workout. It is basically 4 moves. Push ups, Planks, Lunges, and squats. It is a tough work out. I am doing level 1. Some days are better than others. I'm not into the forums on the site. Too confusing and I don't want to take the time to figure it out. :-)

I have been such a slug this week! It started out good with Monday and a spin class, but I have totally blown off everything since. I'm not sure what my problem is. I am trying not to let this girl get to me at work, but man she is such a (bleep)! She is so passive aggressive... the whole department is a bunch of nasty mean women. I can't stand it right now. I was so angry on Tuesday, my boss did try to walk me off the ledge, but now it has just stuck with me and I am having a hard time shaking it off. I guess I thought we had a better working relationship and now I feel like she is doing all that she can to make me look like i don't know what I am doing. I can't stand people like this! And this week it has been harder than usual to "rise above" ya know? I wish i could just blast her and make her go away.

I am going to visit mom on the way home tonight and I hope I can get some kind of a work out in. I need to go spin after work and before the nursing home. I am just so freaking hung over right now. LOL

ugh! I am sooo close to 164 I don't want to blow it now! I need to get back to my salads and stop eating crap. *sigh*
  • Astraea05
    Options
    Wed and Thurs Exercise minutes added:

exercise.png
  • Astraea05
    Options
    The ticker is cool and another way to stay motivated. I am going to check that out!

I have not been doing as well as I would like and I am going to try again tomorrow on the no sugar. I have been eating back all of my exercise calories the past few days and that never works out well for me. I need to commit to staying at my 1250 tomorrow, so I am putting it here so that I will follow through.

I have been eating my greens. I can eat spinach all the time- throw it in my salad, my eggs, soup, whatever :-). I tend to eat a big mixed salad at lunch with a whole bunch of different greens and then some spinach or sometimes broccoli at dinner.

I normally always eat back my calories maybe that is why I loose soooo slow. Great Job on eating your greens!
  • Astraea05
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Packed a salad for lunch today. Found a way to eat my apples... with peanut butter. Funny thing is I really am not a big fan of peanut butter but seems good on the apples. Then the apples are not so sickening sweet. Only using a tsp of peanut butter so hopefully won't mess up my weigh in this week. Been trying to stay off the scales this week. I have never tried Yoga before but have been exploring different stretching exercises on youtube the stretching really seems to help both my arm and my heel!

I have never tried or heard of Angry Bird Workout. Will have to check it out!
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    Melissa- work is such a big part of our days, it is hard not to let the people there get to us... .you can totally "blast her" away during your work-outs though! I had heard some people mentioning angry bird work out but had no idea what it was. I like doing planks and push-ups, etc. That is a lot of what I do for my strength training. Jillian Michaels type stuff without all the jumping right now.

Well, I made it through the day in my calorie range without eating back my exercise calories, and no sugar. Woohoo. Now, I am going to bed so that I don't blow it. LOL.
  • coopscoopc
    Options
    I eat 1 T of peanut butter with my apples. I never knew how good PB was until I had with an apple. lol

I have never been a big believer in eating back your calories... but there are days that I am right on the cusp of it. I like to burn the calories and keep them off. It is so hard for me some weeks to clock a one pound loss, I am almost afraid to eat them back. I will admit I can drink them back pretty easily if I'm with my gal pals. ;)

I am soooo glad it is Friday! I stopped to visit my mother and thank Goodness I did. She was seeing dead people and thrashing about in her bed. *sigh* I was able to get her to drink 8 oz of gatorade... sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't. I can't always tell if she has another UTI or if she is dehydrated. Both seem to push her dementia right along in the one flew over the cuckoo's nest. What stinks if I ask they test her for the UTI, the nursing home puts her in isolation. The CNA's can't seem to figure out my mother needs assistance with every single daily life function. Helloooooooo... she is paralyzed on the left side and these folks can't figure that one out at all. Makes me soo crazy. It is truly horrible how our elders are NOT taken care of in nursing home facilities. I wish I could care for her at home but it just isn't possible. :(

I am going to try to get by there on Saturday. I have such a busy busy day starting with the Tax Guy and ending with an off broadway show. YAY! I am definitely taking mom out of the NH for Sunday. She always enjoys that.

I hope I can get a spin in tonight after work! I need to get some calories burned out of this o' body!
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Astraea05 wrote: »

exercise.png

Found this ticker site if anyone is interested... First time using it so figuring it out! Here is my Exercise Min for week 3 so far!

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php?type=8

Pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.