BLUE Team

Options

Replies

• Astraea05
    Astraea05 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    coopscoopc wrote: »
    I feel like I have been a total eating slug this week. I have succumbed to peer pressure and have been going out to lunch rather than eating the sensible lunch I have! I am very afraid of the scale this week. Very. Afraid. I think I might just go bonkers if I have gained a pound... I am trying to get back to it today! I am definitely going to spin today and tomorrow. I know I can't exercise the bad choices away, but it is not going to hurt for me ramp up intervals today! UGH.

I am going to double up Tonight I think. I saw mother yesterday so I can work late, have the gym to myself, then get home to relax. Hopefully I won't be too long. The gym closes at 10 I would like to be there around 8:00 but I am so slammed at work right now... not funny.

I feel like I am whining today???? lol

Ohh I don't see it as whining. It is good to vent! Hope your week went better! Hang in there!
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Not a good week for me for food. I got in my strength training ( and I really feel yesterday's workout now!), but that is about all I did right. Time to hit the reset button!!
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    ***Week five challenge: April 5-11

1. Log everything you eat and complete your log each day.
    2. Tell us what your exercise plan is for the week, and then do it.
  • librarydogmom
    librarydogmom Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I was .2 away from my 150 goal for today, but after yesterday's lunch--and in spite of 35 min on elliptical and 65 min on bike--I'm up 1.4 over last week's weight
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Options

Gonna try this challenge, but gonna travel April 9-11 with limited internet access.
  • Astraea05
    Options
    I was .2 away from my 150 goal for today, but after yesterday's lunch--and in spite of 35 min on elliptical and 65 min on bike--I'm up 1.4 over last week's weight
    I am sure it is prob just water weight! One thing I have learned from MFP is key drink a lot of water after a high sodium meal. Sure you will be back down next week! So glad you joined our group! Welcome!!!
  • Astraea05
    Options
    Not a good week for me for food. I got in my strength training ( and I really feel yesterday's workout now!), but that is about all I did right. Time to hit the reset button!!

I will hit my reset button with you! Great job on the strength training!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,425 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I think things are starting to calm down at work. I've just been pushing and pushing trying to get through everything and I see some light at the end of the tunnel...I think! Let's see, I got 2 weight lifting sessions in last week..almost made it! This week is going to be a pretty rainy week so I may be walking lots with Leslie, doing some yoga at home and some weight lifting. Not so much biking. Easter went pretty well, I didn't buy a lot of treats and sent all the remaining jelly beans home with the kids. I froze the leftover cupcakes with white chocolate frosting. That way we can have one, once in a while and not feel obliged to eat them all up. My rings are tight today from the ham, but I will drink lots of water! This holiday I feel was a success, I feel a shift in my thinking and not needing to have everything or buy everything and stash away for another time ie: cadbury mini eggs. :)

Hope everyone has a great day!!
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss Carl!! Kudos on your holiday planning!
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    dillyg08 wrote: »

Gonna try this challenge, but gonna travel April 9-11 with limited internet access.

You can do it!!!!

• phoebelayla
    Options
    Librarydogmom, welcome! Glad to have you with us on this journey. Hopefully, you will see a nice drop for next week when it all evens out.
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    My work out plan:
    strength train 3 times
    core/abs 3 times
    cardio will be mostly bike, some walking if my hamstring can handle it (can walk during one of my son's soccer training sessions on my day off), and will get to the gym next weekend for step-mill.
  • Astraea05
    Options
    Went out on the 4 wheeler on Saturday and so sore today. Also 3 days of eating Ham def retaining water. Going to have to freeze some of that left over ham. I didn't buy too many sweets and gave all the homemade brownies with frosting to friends. I have a headache today maybe just too much sodium not sure.
    My workout plan:
    Yoga 3 days ( I am new to yoga)
    Arm exercises 3 days
    Walking 1-2 miles 3-4 days
    Hopefully will be nice enough to clean up my garden and get some of it planted this week! B)
  • Astraea05
    edited April 2015
    Options
    WTG Carl and Beverly on the loss! Great job! :) Good thing weigh in was not today because I was up 2lbs most likely the ham! Good job everyone for logging and sure we will have a better weigh in next week as a team!
  • coopscoopc
    coopscoopc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! i have been so slammed at work it is not funny! I have been thinking about all of you! I hope everyone is getting those work outs in!

I bombed last week's weigh in. *face palm* I knew my eating was full of bad choices and the scale definitely showed it. Grrrr! I'm back to it this week and I have been getting my spins in! I really need to get my strength training in too! I really slack on that! I plan to do an endurance spin after work and before I see my mom and tomorrow I will finish the week off with another (gulp) interval spin. I thought the jumps were bad enough until I had to do standing runs! Oy Vei! I am so very glad I have handle bars to hang on to. lol
  • coopscoopc
    Options
    Today is all about Interval Spinning! (groan) I love it once I start doing it, but I dread it all too! lol I am going to try and get to the gym in an hour, hammer it out, then get back to work. If I don't do it then it won't happen because i am supposed to meet a friend for dinner after work. I feel like blowing that off but I haven't seen him in so long. Ugh!

Anywho. SO glad it is Friday! I hope I get my weigh in down 163 this week! Toot toot!

Keep on Moving!
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    Melissa- It is great to hear about you spinning! It sounds like you are getting in some amazing work-outs. :-)

I got my workouts in, but I am eating like the world is coming to an end. I am sick of this overeating. I have healthy food for tomorrow, a work-out plan in place. Need to work on my stress management. Maybe I will try some meditation tonight.
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    Sara, did you follow your work-out plan? What do you plan for this week? Are you liking the yoga? The odd thing about yoga for me is that I usually get dizzy and nauseous. Weird, I know! Lot's of stuff does that to me though. Luckily, there are plenty of other exercises that don't shake up my inner ear, so no big deal. :p
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    Week 6 Challenge: April 12-18

Let's burn those calories! Work out at least 30 minutes 6 days this week.

If you are feeling tired and didn't hit the gym... just remember the challenge. Don't go to bed without getting in some exercise! Pull up that Leslie Sansone; do some push-ups, planks and curls; dance to whatever funky beat you heart desires. And then, plan ahead for the next day. We can do this ladies!!!
  • coopscoopc
    Options
    Hey everyone!!! How are we doing so far???? I did lose one pound this week. UGH, but since I gained 2 it's not really okay.

i hear you on eating like the world is coming to an end! I need to really stick to my food plan! My weekends are just the hardest. I did read an article, somewhere, that said basically she allows herself two cheats per week.. nothing crazy, just 2 cheats. She said Wed and Saturdays. I think I might just adopt this as long as I can control my cheats.

I am so slammed at work so guess what i did? I took my afternoon break and went to the gym. LOL I got a really good interval spin in and thought I was going to die on the standing climbs... there were 6 minutes of these today! I can't get past 40 seconds. I mean I am seriously building up to a full 60 seconds and this does not include adding tension or "running" Insanity! I think the computer is trying to see if I will eventually fall off the bike or something! ;)

Oh well. Got my Monday work out in! Tomorrow I am seriously going to do Angry Birds, then Wed endurance spin, thursday angry birds, friday interval spin. I think I am going to do flexibility/stretching on Saturdays... My muscle are insanely too tight! I need to just stretch.. nothing crazy, nice easy warm up and start stretching out this o' body.

My goal is to see 163 this week and nail my calories every day! What's everyone else planning on doing this week?